Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Lost in the Darkness ❯ Hell's Path ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Lost in the Darkness

Part 6

Hell's Path

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ, and you can't sue me `cuz I've only got a nickel.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Zarbon look around the common room, his mouth hanging open in awe. The room was HUGE! It would almost have been a lie to call it a room. There were about twenty people already in the room, and several turned to look at the woman as she entered.

"Who are they, Mrs. Williams?" One asked with a confused look on her face. She wasn't old and had dark auburn hair.

"I just bought them from Ego-bastard down the road." She answered with a smile. "Where are the rest of you?"

"Currently they are TRYING to cook. The smoke alarm's already gone off about six times." She smiled.

"Is that all? I'm shamed. I figured it would have hit at least two dozen by now." Mrs. Williams grinned.

"It might've, but Aria ripped it off." The girl smiled.

"Is it still in one piece?" Mrs. Williams raised an eye-brow.

"Yes, actually."

"ARIA!" Mrs. Williams howled. "IF I'VE TOLD YOU ONCE I'VE TOLD YOU A THOUSAND TIMES. WHEN YOU RIP OFF THE SMOKE DECTOR, IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE IN PIECES!"

"SORRY!" A pretty voice called back. "I'LL DO IT NEXT TIME." Bardock stopped dead in his tracks.

"She-she's not called Aria, is she?" He asked, eyes wide.

"She is, as a matter of fact. Saiya-Jin I do believe." Mrs. Williams frowned. "Why?"

"My mate was Aria." He whispered.

"Hm… ARIA! Come here! I found someone I think you'll like!" Mrs. Williams yelled.

"I told you, Stop trying to set me up with people. I have a mate his name is…" She walked into the doorway, and her mouth dropped open in shock. "Bardock?"

"Aria?"

"Bardock!" Aria squealed and threw herself at him. "Kyria, I missed you! Why didn't you ever talk to me?"

"It would have only made it worse, and you know it." He scolded.

"Did you know of this?" Aria asked Mrs. Williams.

"No, actually, I just bought them for company."

"Them?" She turned around. "Kakarotto! Turlis!" Before anyone could move, she had grabbed them in a huge hug and was trying her dead best to suffocate them.

"Can't breathe…" Turlis managed to wheeze, while Kakarotto slowly turned blue.

"Oops, sorry dear." She gave a sheepish smile. "I was just a little… ahem…overexcited there."

"I noticed." Kakarotto rubbed his sore neck.

"Now, Bardock said he can cook, though if its anything like your cooking, I'm not eating it, but I recommend you put down the spatula and back slowly away from the stove." Mrs. Williams laughed.

"Actually, believe it or not, Bardock's an excellent cook. Someone had to be, otherwise my kids would have starved. And who's the blue kid, while I'm off the subject?"

"That's Zarbon." Kakarotto replied. "That thing wouldn't sell his mother, Alanya, but Mrs. Williams said she bought him so he wouldn't be broken."

"That's a shame. Alanya's probably happy, I'd sell my kids away from THAT." Aria replied, trying to make them feel better.

"Yeah, thanks. She probably is. Hey, Tousan, is supper ready yet? I'm starved!" Kakarotto asked.

"So, what else is new?" He asked them in reply. Aria draped an arm around both her sons shoulders. Her fingers brushed metal and she looked at his neck.

"Kakarotto? What's on your neck?" She frowned.

"It's a ki collar, so we can't do anything." He shrugged. "Don't you have one?"

"No. Mrs. Williams never put one on me. None of us do. Mrs. Williams, did you know they had ki collars?"

"Goodness, what a slimy little (Censored)! That ^*%$#*&$! I'm gonna kick his ass! Putting a ki collar on a couple of kids! Zarbon doesn't have one does he?"

"Yeah, he does. So does Tousan. Kassan? Why is she so mad?" Turlis asked, confused. "There just ki collars."

"Just my bloody foot!" Mrs. Williams cried, indignant. "They can kill you if their set to high! And really little kids have no endurance! Most don't even have a test collar put on them until they're seven!"

"Oh. I never knew that." Turlis shrugged. "But aren't you scared we'll kill you or something?"

"Course not honey. My `slaves' are free in all but name, which is safer that way, I assure you, but I'm not afraid because they know they'd have to go somewhere else, and they'd be worse. Now come here. I'm getting rid of that nasty thing."

"How do you know whom are your slaves, then?"

"They wear a bracelet with my sign and their number on it." She shrugged. "Your father has one too? That's going. I won't have those things in my house! What a *^%$*#@!!"

"Not going there." Turlis stated. "I can't properly begin to describe him without cursing. There's no way I can use that kind of language around tender ears." They all glanced at Zarbon.

"SUPPER! AND IT HAS A DECENT TASTE!" Some one called from the kitchen.

"I am amazed." Mrs. Williams muttered, walking out. "We have decent tasting food."

"Hey!" Aria looked hurt. "I TOLD you Bardock was s good cook! You people NEVER listen to me!"

"That's because the last time we did that, you almost set fire to the house." Mrs. Williams replied, shaking her head. "I didn't want to do THAT again." Aria made a face at the woman's back and followed her into the kitchen.

~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~

"I hate the house! I'd rather work in the fields!" Terra complained after making sure she was out of the Master's hearing range. Vegita and Radditz shrugged.

"At least we get to hang around Lady, though why she would marry HIM is beyond me." Radditz answered.

"Simply because I couldn't bear the thought of making someone else put up with him when I've got him wrapped around my little finger." A woman, whose smile was in her voice, said from the doorway.

"Lady!" The trio whirled, bowing. "We didn't hear you!" Vegita added.

"I know. Scaring the hell out of people brightens my whole day." The woman grinned. The trio of Saiya-Jins rolled their eyes.

"What's today?" Terra asked. "We cleaned yesterday, and there is no way any of us are gonna let Vegita cook, so that doesn't leave many options."

"We are going into town today. I have some errands that simply cannot wait." Lady explained. "That's why I asked for you. Though I thought I said four, not three."

"Who was the last?" Radditz inquired.

"Baata, actually." She shrugged. "Do you know where he is?"

"Master drug him to the fields." Terra replied. Lady glowered.

"Pardon me for a moment. I must chew out my dear husband." She told the group, leaving.

"Chew out or murder?" Terra asked in a whisper.

"Murder, hopefully." Lady returned moments later with Baata trotting behind her. Waving her hand she told them to follow her and they left.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

"I've never been to town before." Terra smiled. "It's so…um…civilized!" The lady shrugged in reply causing Vegita and Radditz to snort into their hands. Radditz regained his composure in a relatively short amount of time, but Vegita started coughing and couldn't stop for at least five minuets.

"We're here!" Baata, who was riding with the driver called. "Isn't is pretty?"

"Smashing." Vegita replied dryly, jumping down from the back of the wagon. Radditz, who secretly agreed with Vegita, smiled.

"Oh, of course!" He exclaimed, trying to sound excited. It was working.

"Quit trying so hard." Lady giggled. "You sound like you're going to die in the next ten seconds if you don't sound cheerful. Now walk behind me and act like slaves." With a brief shrug, the four complied.

The town, not overly large, was bustling with activity that day. The wasn't to hot, so many had set up outdoor stalls for their goods. The four all watched with curiosity, and nearly got lost several times.

"Hey! Let me go! You thief!" A woman screamed. Vegita whirled. It was coming from an alley on his left. Telling Baata to tell Lady he would meet up with her in a moment, he sprinted off in the direction of the voice.

It was a teenage girl, no older than he. She had cerulean blue hair and blue eyes. A man had her pinned against a wall and was beating her. Bruises were already forming on her face and arms. She was trying desperately to get away, but was quite a bit smaller than the man.

"C'mon baby." He slurred, obviously drunk. "Come with me. We'll have a good time at my place."

She tried to punch him, but didn't have the leverage to hurt the thick-skulled man. "Let me go you bastard!" She snarled. Then, a little more desperately, she yelled, "Please! Someone help!"

Vegita leapt forward and took the man down with one well placed kick to the back of the head. The girl feel to her knees in relief. "Thank you, very very much." She gasped out. Vegita shrugged, uncomfortable. He wasn't really supposed to talk to free people.

"Don't you talk?" She asked. "I'm Bulma, by the way."

~Bulma…~ Vegita almost drooled. ~Such a fitting name for a beautiful woman.~

"Come on, say something." She prompted. "You know, like your name."

"Vegita, milady." He replied in a half-whisper. "I really shouldn't be speaking to you. I'm so sorry." He backed away.

"Why not?" She questioned, confused. "You seem nice enough."

"I'm a slave." He whispered, then turned and ran.

(A/N) Hi all you nice people! I just finished this chappie, and it was really fun to write! I hope you all enjoy! I beg you to REVIEW!!!!! And Flames are welcome. I can't make s'mores till I get some, and I really like s'mores. Yum…

Um, I thank all you WONDERFUL reviewers out there who have supported me, and I encourage you to read my two other stories: Half-breed Revolution and In an Instant. I also encourage Reviews and flames for them.

I've also had a request about a mailing list. I think I might start one, and if you want on it, send me you e-mail addresses at: ladyfoeseeker@yahoo.com

Luv Y'all!

Ja ne!

~*~ Lady Foeseeker ~*~