Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Maudlin and Peanut Butter ❯ Maudlin and Peanut Butter ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

    Goku stroked Vegeta's face gently, giving him a warm smile and a soft kiss.  He lifted his head and shook the daydream away from his eyes.  This had been happening for quite some time now, and he didn't know how to explain it.  Nor did he know how to bring it up in casual conversation with the prince.
'By the way Vegeta, have you ever wanted to kiss me?  Because I always think about kissing you.'
   'Say, would you hold still for a moment?  I've always wondered how it would feel to run my fingers through your hair.'
    'Why do you smell so good?  I just want to bathe in your scent all day, Vegeta.  You're so wonderful.'
    Hardly.
    The daydreams floated through his mind constantly, and he welcomed them.  It was almost an obsession.  What would he fantasize about today?  How far could he go until something in the real life interrupted him?
     How long would he be able to hide these thoughts from Vegeta?
    "What's that look?" Vegeta questioned, his harshness not quite harsh enough to mask his utterly baffled tone.
    "N-nothing," Goku answered quickly, heart racing.  The thought that the prince might actually care about him enough to notice and ask nearly made him glow.
    "Don't take me for a fool," he spat.
    "Just...never mind, Vegeta," he tried to calm the man down, placing a hand on his bare shoulder.  Shivers ran down his spine as he did so, and he had to keep himself from moving it up Vegeta's neck and to his face.
    "Fine, whatever," Vegeta grumbled.  "Now are you going to spar me, or not?"
    "Actually, um...I sort of wanted to get something to eat, first."
    The prince rolled his eyes.  "Fine, whatever."
    "You can have a bite too, if you want."
    "No thanks," he snorted.  "I'll just wait for you."  Apparently grumbling frustratedly, Vegeta sat down at Goku's table, watching with interest as the other Saiyajin seemed to be preparing his own snack.  "Hnh, I didn't know you could do that," he remarked as Goku spread peanut butter over each slice of bread in an entire loaf, folding every one over into a small sandwich.  Goku gave him an incredulous look, as if to ask how stupid Vegeta really thought he was, but then laughed.
    'Oh, and Vegeta?  When you smile, it's like sunshine breaking through clouds, the happiness crashing into my heart.'
    "Well, you look awfully proud of yourself," Vegeta smirked.  "Must be a big accomplishment for you."
    The warm smile flickered from Goku's face as he snapped back to reality.  "Oh...no, I was just thinking of...something else.  I've, I've made sandwiches tons of times before, Vegeta."
    'I know that when you mock me now, you don't really mean to hurt me.  Actually, I think it's kind of...flirtatious.  Especially with that smirk of yours.'
    How can I tell Vegeta about this?  I need to...someday, I need to.
    "Well if you're so hungry, why haven't you eaten yet?"
    "Ah!" Goku promptly delved into his sandwiches, washing them down with a glass of water.  It was after he was done that he regretted eating so quickly; after all, he really wanted to...
    "Ready, then?"
    "Actually, er..."
    "Now what?"
    "I, I wanted to talk to you, Vegeta."
    "What do you think you're doing right now, moron?"
    'Seeing that fiery spark in your eyes makes me feel so alive.'
    "Ummm," Goku took this as his cue to continue on with what he wanted to say.  "This isn't easy for me to talk about.  It might take a while for me to say it.  We should sit down."  Instead of being enraged, Vegeta glanced at the other Saiyajin quizically and took a seat on the nearby couch.  Goku sat down near to him.  Not too close...not too close...
    "Go ahead, then," Vegeta nodded.  He was too confused to care that this was cutting into the time in which they would normally be sparring.  Kakarrot had been acting very oddly recently, and perhaps whatever he was about to say would explain why.  Still, the anxiousness on the other man's face was a bit unnerving, considering his usually easygoing nature...  But, whatever it was, if it was as important as it seemed, Vegeta was proud that the other man felt he could go to his prince for help, rather than relying on his Earthling friends.  Vegeta knew that, fond as the younger Saiyajin was of them, they could never truly understand him, or the reasons behind his actions.  "What did you want to talk to me about?"
    "Erm, I...I've been having these...strange thoughts...for a long time, but a lot more lately."
    "What sort of strange thoughts?" Vegeta kept himself cool and removed, determined not to let Goku know how interested he was.
    "They...come into my mind all the time, when I'm eating, when I'm showering, when I'm sparring..."
    'The way you put all your attention on me, like when I speak, I'm the most important thing around...do you care for me as much as I care for you?'
    Vegeta nodded, waiting for more.
    "And they're about...usually about one general topic."
    He raised an eyebrow.
    'Your every quirk makes my heart swell.  Why are you so you, Vegeta?'
    However he reacts to this, it will be in a way that is truly his own.
    "Um..."
    "Get to the point," Vegeta urged him, neither threateningly nor angrily, but more with a curious impatience.
    "I just...I don't want you to..."
    He frowned.
    "They're about you."
    As Goku winced and waited for the explosions, Vegeta lowered his brows and stared for a few moments.  "Yes, and?"
    "What?" his eyes widened.
    "You're obviously not a very detail-oriented person.  Of course you think about me a lot.  I'm the only warrior to come close to matching you in strength.  I'm the only other Saiyajin alive.  You see me practically every day.  Have you any greater reasons to think of someone else more than I?"
    The younger Saiyajin bit his lip, torn between smiling and frustratedly throwing his hands in the air.  Vegeta understood, but he didn't really know...  "I, um...well, yeah.  But the thoughts are more...more like..."
    "Like what?  I don't understand why you're making such a big deal out of this."
    "Like..." he took a deep breath and let it out resolutely.  Goku leaned forward, and, spurred on by the fact that Vegeta did not move away, placed the hand on his shoulder again.  This time, though, he slid it up until it gently cupped the prince's jaw.  "Have you ever wanted to kiss me?"
    Vegeta's brows furrowed.  He decided to bide his time before reacting, seeing if Goku would clarify or explain himself.  The hand on his face made this more difficult, a strange sensation in his veins and warming his cheeks.
    "Like...how does it feel to run my fingers through your hair?"  Slowly, he did so, brushing first one hand through Vegeta's locks, and then the other, holding on for a few moments before letting the strands slip through his fingers.  He placed his hands on the prince's sides, using them to pull himself forward.  Goku nuzzled Vegeta's neck tenderly and murmured into his collarbone, "Like...why do you smell so good, Vegeta?  Why is your smile so amazing?  Why is your smirk so alluring?  Why are your eyes so attractive?  Why do you make me feel like the center of your attention?  Why are you you, Vegeta?"
    Letting a soft gasp in, the prince cautiously placed one gloved hand upon Goku's arm.  "It is so because..." he glanced down, as if debating something.  Either I hold all my pride and break our hearts, or I hold some of my pride and boost them.  "It is so because...your scent is glorious, because your smile is the warmth of the sun in the beauty of the moon, because your smirk is rapturously chilling, because your eyes are pools of soul, because you are, and...simply...because I am, Kakarrot."
    "Vegeta..."
    "And I'm never saying any of that again, so be sure you remember it," he growled.
    "I will.  Forever."
    "Good.  And, Kakarrot?"
    "Hmm?" he kept his head tucked between Vegeta's neck and shoulder.
    "Why do your mannerisms intrigue me so deeply?  Why do you captivate me so?"
    "Vegeta," Goku chuckled, his breath playing over the prince's nape.  "Now you're just being sappy."
    The prince chuckled in return, and wrapped his arms around the other Saiyajin.  "Of course.  I apologize."  He smirked for a moment.  "Kakarrot, your scent would be ever so much more glorious if you did not reek of peanut butter."