Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Meant For It ❯ Unexpected Developments ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
DISCLAIMER: I do not, nor have I ever owned DBZ in any way shape or from. Sorry guys.
WARNING: Even though there is not any lemon in this first chapter, there will definitely be some in many soon to come!

"Your highness, the king of Vegetasei has arrived." King Brief's looked up from his stack of papers and to the lowly palace guard. ‘The King of Vegetasei, here ahead of schedule? What could be the meaning of this?’

"By all means, welcome him into the palace," he motioned waving his hand, "let's not keep him waiting."

Double doors boomed open as the king of Vegetasei stepped inside King Briefs' office. Briefs eyes met deeply agitated ones. King Vegeta was not in a good mood and the king of Earth would be damned if he were to do anything to piss him off. King Briefs quickly stood up and bowed his head in respect for fellow royalty. King Vegeta followed suit.

"Welcome to Earth your highness," Greeted Briefs, "I hope that it is thus far to your liking." King Vegeta offered a swift nod in return. "It is always a pleasure to be in your company, but what brings you along so early-"

"The council is moving faster than we planned for.” He looked the man straight in the eyes, reflecting absolute seriousness. "Your scientists are certain that the Saiyan blood mixed with the earthlings will produce a being even more powerful than a super Saiyan, yes?"

"Oh yes! We have tested this over a thousand times. The head of our science division personally took lead of it. I must say, she is awfully thorough with her processes. After all she is my daughter." Briefs smiled humbly.

"The same daughter posed to the treaty?"

"Indeed, she is very intelligent and if I might say, her brain probably excels that of my own."

"Well then the new queen of Vegetasei should be capable of producing a healthy heir."

"Oh, of course, nothing but the best I assure you."

"It better be. Vegetasei is not only in need of a strong heir, but tactical as well." King Vegeta paused for a moment looking around the room making sure that everything was secure. "You understand that word must not get out of the plans for the heir. It could mean death to both races, Saiyan and Human alike."

"Your Highness I assure you that everything is strictly classified and that nothing leaves this room." Briefs paused for a moment, "If, I may ask, what has become of the councils progress?"

"They are impeding on planets at a faster rate than they have before. The council is gaining more power which makes bringing the council more difficult than we thought. We have no time to waste. Now what do your people know of their princess?"

"Simply that we have signed a treaty with Vegetasei and she is to become your queen alongside the king for technological advancements. They know nothing of the plans for the heir."

"Good. Keep it that way. Word must not get out to the council under all circumstances." The king of Vegetasei looked over to the picture of the princess now residing on the desk. "Your daughter, have her ready to depart in the morning." King Briefs face fell from a smile to a look of shock.

"So soon? May we not even have a week so say goodbye, after all we did not expect for this to all happen so-"

"Vegetasei has no time to wait for such things as heart filled goodbyes. Send for her tomorrow no exceptions."

"Y-yes, of course."
***
Her hands rested on the rails of her balcony that over looked the kingdom. Her kingdom. Her birthplace and the place, she thought she'd would one day rule. That was until the saiyan treaty was arranged.
She was to leave her life on earth, marry the prince of Vegetasei and become their queen. She would be leaving everything she was taught to know. Earth and its entire people would be gone to her. Along with all her friends and family. She would have to part from her mother and father and just leave, never to know if she could ever hug them again. But she knew what had to be done for the good of her people. They needed protection from the council, and the saiyans offered that protection. As long as a strong heir was produced and earth was safe, everybody was happy, right?

Bulma just really didn't have a choice in the matter. It wasn't exactly fair to her. You're a princess, since when is anything fair anymore? She could clearly recall he mothers hasty nagging on how-- “a princess’ duty is always to that of her people. Whether she likes it or not, it is a role that one must fulfill, dontcha know”-- She would not let her people down and she'd do whatever she could so as not to let them suffer at the hands of a tyrant. Even if it meant being thrown into the pit of raging kill for thrill seekers. ‘A girls got to do what girls go to do I guess-‘

"Bulma." the vidcom sounded. Bulma broke from her thoughts rushed over to see her father's worn face on the screen.

"Father!" her face lit with a smile.

"Please…come to the royal hall… I need to speak with you." Her father sounded shaky and a bit on edge. She knew something ailing him but what? Her father was a delightful man who was always smiling. She had never seen him so discouraged.

"Father, what is it?"

"The saiyans, they… they have arrived."

"Already? I thought that-”

“Things have changed my daughter... and-and plans have been rearranged. Please report to the royal hall immediately. I cannot keep our guest waiting." The screen suddenly went black.

***
Prince Vegeta stepped out of the training room and on his way to the throne room to see his father. As he walked through the hall ways of the royal palace he ran into Kakarot. ‘Great’. Although he was Vegeta's companion and close in strength, the third class saiyan was annoying and a dumbass at times.

"Prince Vegeta!"

"What do you want Kakarot." The prince said, rolling his eyes as he continued walking.

"Your father wished for me to inform you that he is on his mission to earth to initiate the treaty. He will be back in four days," Kakarot smiled, "most likely accompanying your newly betrothed." Kakarot's smile was far too big for the princes liking.

"Wipe that damn idiotic smile off your face clown." Vegeta hated the idea of tying himself to a weak earthling in anyway. It was low. Saiyans are strong, humans are weak. But his father insisted otherwise. In the king's eyes, the idea of an heir with enough power to bring down the council was far too tempting to pass up. It disgusted Vegeta. The saiyans were the strongest around and shouldn't have to look toward a half breed for help.

On the bright side, at least Vegeta wouldn't have to be tied to the dumb brood from earth for too long. Just until the heir was born, they he could be rid of her. They weren't in need of a full grown hybrid child, but just the power of the infant. After birth, they could harness the power of the child into a true warrior and the he would destroy the council. He would bring an end to the council's hostile ways, enslaving even saiyans to do their dirty work, and most likely inherit the galaxy for his own empire.

"Oh come on Vegeta, try to lighten up. You never know, you could actually end up liking the girl-" A quick jab in the stomach, sent Kakarot into a loss for words as he struggled to take a breath.

"Those pathetic emotions aren't meant for warriors, but weaklings like you, Kakarot." With that Vegeta turned on his heel and headed straight back to the training room. He needed to beat the shit out of something for a while to forget about the decrepit treaty and the new Plans for Vegetasei.

***


Bulma stepped into the hall and found her father pacing back and forth. Next to him, with arms folded across his chest, stood a very tall, serious looking saiyan. He was muscular and had raven hair that shot straight up like a flame. She had to admit he was easy on the eyes but a bit frightening at the same time. He was dressed in deep crimson red with gold trim, obviously the color of royalty.

"Ah, Bulma," Her father greeted, with arms wide open, "Please, I would like you to meet the king of Vegetasei." Bulma bowed her head in respect. The king didn’t return the gesture.

"This, is the princess of Earth?" King Vegeta scoffed, "She looks nothing more than a common place servant not even fit to shine my shoes."

The nerve of this man! How rude could saiyans be if this were what their king was like! Bulma was dressed in an oversized t-shirt and a pair of tattered jeans with black and white chucks. Before her father called for her, she was busy away working on her latest project and hadn't yet changed.

"I'm so sorry we can't all dress like assholes.." she whispered under her breath all the while nodding towards the saiyan king.

"Bulma!" her father gave her a stern look. "She did not really mean that your majesty, my apologies. It just sometimes, my daughter and her tongue-"

"HA! Save your apologies Briefs, she will need a sharp tongue like that in order to carry on a life with my son." The king of Vegetasei's eyes once again settled on Bulma. "We will be leaving for Vegetasei tomorrow morning. Be ready."

"But, tomorrow? You just barely arrived. And we are six months ahead of schedule. Am I not even allowed the time to part with my friends and family?"

"No. The treated has been initiated. We will leave at once."

"First you come here unannounced, six months early, insult the way I'm dressed, and expect me to leave right away with not even as much as some time to breath? What an assh-" Bulma was silenced by her father's hand and apologized to King Vegeta.

"She will be on your ship in the morning your highness."

Without another word, King Vegeta turned and walked away to his quarters.

"The nerve of him!"

"Bulma, please! I need you to just go along with this. I know you don't like it and I know it's not fair to you but please, do it for the sake of the planet. Our planet. You as of right now are our only hope Bulma. We all need you."

"Father, I…"

"I know. It's not easy letting you go, my child, but we don't have any other choice. Now Promise-"

"Father I-"

"Promise me, you will be on your best behavior. Please Bulma." He cupped her chin.

"I Promise…" she raised a smile.

"Thank you and I promise you, that this is not good bye Bulma. It's not goodbye."

***