Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Meant To Be ❯ Destinies Exchanged ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Six: Destinies Exchanged

" We should be landing on Vegetasei within twenty minutes, Vegeta sama." The ship's pilot announced. He had wanted to come alone, but Freeza insisted in sending a crew with him, most likely to keep tabs on him… It did not mattered; he accomplished everything he needed to before this trip.

Briefs went on with the experiment; it turned out exactly as he predicted it. The poor unlucky bastard they caught had simply melted away. After the metal dried over his remains, they were not even able to scratch it to get DNA samples, at least Freeza's scientists will not be able to tell it wasn't a Saiyan specimen.

Turless should have been back on Vegetasei four days ago. Hopefully his pathetic excuse for a father and even more sorry excuse for a king gave the man the conference he had instructed Bardock's brother to request. But with the preparations to his fool of a father birthday celebration, he doubted the man was even seeing his mistress these days…but one could only hope.

It would be of no consequence however, it only meant he would have to brief the King himself.

Vegeta closed his eyes, it has only been about ten months, ten months away from his home, his people…the woman…no, he could not get like this, he could not afford to let his emotions cloud his judgment anymore. The woman belonged to another and it was better that way, what they had was nothing more than a few moments of passion, hardly worth this…this…obsession. He had managed just fine, had not thought of her in a while…but returning home, being so close…yet so far.

"Engaging landing sequence, return to your positions and prepare to land" the voice over the speaker brought him back to the present, he made his way to his sit next to the pilot, strapping himself then nodded to his subordinate to commence descent.

+++

"Vegeta…I could hardly believed the lizard allowed you to come!" Were his father's first words upon seeing him, Vegeta had not wanted anyone to know he was coming, for reasons yet not clear even to himself, so he asked his father to keep it under wraps. He had however, at least expected Kakarotto to be here, couldn't the moron feel him?

"Hmph, then why did you invite me?" his posture, the one he always opted when speaking to his sire, standing tall, with powerful arms across his chest.

"Stop the nonsense…I'm glad to see you're still in one piece."

"Did you speak to Turless?" The Ouji got right to the point.

"Yes…what the fuck kind of sick experiment is that lizard doing on us?"

"I know only of that one, but according to Turless there were more Saiyans captured." Vegeta made his way to the throne and sat on the one belonging to him…Gods its been a while since he saw this room. Then a distant memory of a certain blue haired little warrior pricking his skin with a lance in this very room made him hiss out loud. If his father noticed he did not let him know.

"Yes, he told me so as well, we have a sample of the metal. Our head scientist is analyzing it as we speak, we should have a report tomorrow morning."

"A sample… How did you get it!? I tried to get my hands on it myself but it was impossible." His words came out in a mixture of amazement and incredulity, Briefs and himself had tried to break a piece of the remains of the bastard they had used for the test, since the rest of the metal was closely weighted and cataloged, that had been their only alternative not to raise suspicion.

"I'm still not sure how…but if there is someone who can crack it…"

"I don't think you realize the severity of this," Vegeta interrupted his father, "this isn't child's play father, this is more than Bardock can grasp."

"Who said anything about Bardock?" the king's words met the same note as his.

"Hmph…anyhow," Vegeta's eyes narrowed, searching those of his father, somehow the king seemed different, the fact that they were here speaking for more than a couple of minutes without lashing on each other left him confused, " there is something else I want to discuss," Vegeta removed something from within his armor and held it up for his father to see. The king looked at it for a few seconds, sighted, then met his heir's eyes.

"Is a piece of armor…what of it?"

" I got it from Madran, or more accurately from a Madrani-jin warrior I fought in Madran." The Ouji's eyes never left the Ou's, he had not been sure before, but seeing his father's nervousness, hearing the involuntary sight he let escape a moment ago, confirmed it. He was now sure his father had something to do with it.

The King sighted again and shifted on his sit, he had not planned on letting his heir on the conspiracy, mainly for his well-being, but there was no way to avoid it now, he knew very well he could not fool his only son.

"We were responsible for the attack to Madran." Vegeta no Ou admitted simply, watching the expression on his heir's face change.

"How is that possible?" the astonishment in the prince's voice was unmasked, " I fought rebels and Madrani-jin…and Bardock's squad assisted us…" Vegeta's eye fixed on his father's, the confusion clear on that dark gaze.

"All part of the plan."

"Plan…what plan?!"

"We've been preparing to attack Freeza since you left, right now I have my whole lab developing new, very powerful weapons to set up more raids." Vegeta could hardly believe his ears, he had thought his father stupid and ball less, instead, the king was fighting back, while he, one of the most powerful beings in this part of the galaxy, cowered like a girl at the thought of that lizard…

"More raids? He could think of nothing better to say.

"After the meeting with the head scientist tomorrow we'll decide what to do…I trust they'll have stronger weapons and faster ships, the prototypes you saw in Madran are but toys compared to what we have now."

" Toys." Vegeta repeated softly to himself.

" Brat… in the meantime, try to get all the information you can. I will find a way to get you back, and when that happens…we go all out."

"All out…you don't seem to understand, Freeza's power is greater than all his forces combined, and that is including the Gynyu… me. I commend what you're trying to do, I did not think you had it in you, but we are not ready to go head on against that monster." For the very first time the king saw fear in the eyes of his son…what has that monster done to him?

" Last time we spoke I would have agreed with you…but now…if you could only see the things we've done." The pride and confidence shone in the king's face if only to give Vegeta some hope.

"I can see you have confidence on your team, I cannot wait to meet them myself…but an all out attack, that is nonsense, at least right now."

" The last time we destroyed his main developing base, next the "Lodos" lab, and then Freeza's own palace…don't you see Vegeta…we can do this!" Vegeta paced the room absorbing what his father just said, he sounded so sure, so hopeful he only wished he could deceive himself the same way, but he knew better, he knew that monster and knew they could not beat him. Freeza was too strong; even if they managed to destroy everything…kill the Gynyu Force. Freeza will remain; he alone was enough to annihilate the Saiyan race.

" I will sit through this meeting tomorrow, but no matter what I hear, I will not be convinced that you can get rid of the lizard. In the meantime I need to come up with a party to blame for the attack to Madran sei, Freeza himself put me in charge of the investigation."

"Does he suspect us?" Vegeta no Ou's expression changed to that of worry.

" I do not know, according to Gynyu he is watching me…but then again it could be because of something else."

"What?"

"Nothing you need to know…now let me have a day's rest, I haven't slept well in ten months. Do not tell anyone I'm back yet" Vegeta walked out of the throne room through one of its many secret passages, catching the Ou's nod. Nappa who had been there all along nodded as well and moved to follow his prince.

" Is fine Nappa, I don't need you to accompany me."

"Vegeta sama I will pray to the Gods all day, thanking them for bringing you back well."

"Don't thank them yet."

+++

Stepping out of his bath, Vegeta stretched, relishing on the warm steam in the room, it had been so long since he enjoyed a luxury such as this, even the soft fluffy towel felt oddly comforting.

Vegeta walked out of the bathroom to roam around his room, a room he sometimes thought of, especially the last night he spent in it. He stopped by the bed, looking down at it, images flooded his mind…blue hair sprawled freely against white sheets, fair skin, warm…soft under his, if he closed his eyes he could almost hear her moans…how did you do it…how did you etched your image into my mind…my heart?

"Baka Yaro!!" he cursed himself, " stop thinking this nonsense at once." He had gotten through all this months just fine, why now, why all of a sudden everything reminded him of her.

He got dressed in his ceremonial armor, armor he hadn't wore in so long. It felt good to be out of Freeza's uniforms. He stood in front of the mirror, inspecting the figure in it…how different he looked, it wasn't anything physical, but there was a change very hard to miss. He brought a hand to touch his face, then his black and silver armor and finally the royal emblem broach that held his crimson cape.

"You are Vegeta, Saiya-jin no Ouji…don't ever forget it." The figure walked away from the mirror, to the door and into a world he knew and desperately wanted to come back to.

+++

"Vegeta!!! Gokou was the first to acknowledge what everybody else was too dumb folded to accept. The young third class ran to the prince and embraced him in a bear hug; he almost knocked everyone to the ground as he did so, including the king.

"Let go of me Baka yaro!!" Vegeta's voice sounded so different from before he left, more mature, detached somehow. Bulma found herself having a hard time breathing, Vegeta was so close, yet so far out of reach, she instinctively drew closer to Raditz, who's arm came to rest on her shoulder and tail came to wrap around her waist, the way it did at night while he slept.

+++

Everyone in the room halted their activities to receive their king, but as Vegeta revealed himself from behind his sire all eyes were focused on him. His old self would have like the attention, but now he wanted nothing more than to seek the quite tranquility of the night. Kakarotto of course was the first one to speak, throwing himself at him as if they were long lost lovers. He didn't mind it as much as he should have, in fact he was relieved the third class did not have any hard feelings toward him. In truth he had missed the fool almost as much as he had missed…the woman.

As he struggled with Kakarotto, his eyes fastened on the vision of blue standing by Raditz side. He thanked all the gods in creation that his face did not show the pain he felt, the betrayal he had forgotten all this months. He met her eyes for a fraction of an instant and saw…guilt…did the woman actually felt guilty? It took all the control and strength he possessed to turn the other way, away from her spell, a spell he now realized he had never gotten rid of.

Bardock approach him and knelt, bringing his fist to his chest as he would to his father, the king.

"Vegeta sama, I am glad to see you back." He nodded to the scarred man finding it odd that his father didn't reprimand the indiscretion, of neither father nor son. It seemed he was not the only one who had changed in all of this months. He met his father's eyes finding no reproach in them. Chivaa at that moment came to stand in front of him, bowing to him before the king as well.

"Vegeta sama…" he held her chin and gently lifting her face to meet his eyes, he found guilt there as well. He smirked knowingly, somehow the knowledge of this betrayal did not mean a thing to him, did not bothered him at all. He then met Kakarotto's eyes and the third class just looked away, unable to hold his gaze. Vegeta stepped forward and nodded his respect to Toma, who had stayed back all the while, then he saluted a couple of their squad members, and finally…Raditz. The tall warrior met his eyes easily, unwelcome written all over them. He noticed the man's tail possessively around the woman's waist, and again he thanked all the years of training, of schooling his face to hide his emotions, that they could not see his hurt.

Raditz arm rested comfortably on her shoulder, proudly letting him know that prize was undisputedly won.

"Raditz," he found himself automatically saying, nodding as if they were best friends. He was a prince, he would not, could not let the taller man know how affected he was by this. "Woman," he continued, " I regret not remembering your name…I do apologize." He noticed out of the corner of his eye, Kakarotto's expression, he also heard a few gasps amongst the audience; he smirked inwardly as he realized he'd never uttered those words before, The woman's face did not change however, she bowed low in respect.

"Bulma…Ouji sama," Raditz spoke possessively, " my mate's name is Bulma." Mate…did he say mate? It felt like a kick to the groin, this time the woman looked up to Raditz, a strange expression on her face.

"Mate!?" was all he could say at first, but recovered quickly, "You are certainly a strange one, taking a slave as mate…is it even allowed?" he asked smirking, looking around the room , as if asking anyone who would know. But his insides screamed, he wanted to go, to run, to beat something, to kill someone.

"I am not a slave anymore Ouji sama." His angel spoke to him in anger, his eyes met hers again, he hardened his face, but hers remained impassive.

"My apologies Bulma, mate of Raditz." Then he did what he did best, smirked at her in mockery, wanting nothing more than for her to hurt, to hurt like he was hurting. "If you'll excuse me," he made a small bow, "I have other's to attend to…Chivaa, Kakarotto," he snapped at the two seemingly forgetting the others, "follow me…father." Bowing his farewell to his sire and the others he walked away…away from her, with the two fool ones in tow.

+++

Vegeta looked up to meet her eyes for a second; no longer than that, his face was unreadable, as if he didn't even know her. Chivaa came and salute him, jealousy cursing throughout all her being as Vegeta brought his hand to her friend's face, as he smiled tenderly at her…but the smile was all wrong, then he looked at Karrot-chan, who at that moment turned around in shame, he knew…Vegeta knew about the two of them, and said nothing. He then saluted Toma, Mousroum and Celpia, and then Raditz. Vegeta nodded at him with no resentment, no malice, just a good-natured prince acknowledging his subject. It broke her heart into a thousand pieces. And then he said those cruel words, words that spread the pieces across the universe never to be brought back together again.

"Woman…I regret…" He didn't even remember her name, and here she was crying night after night for him, holding onto the memory of that one night. Then Raditz called her mate, told Vegeta that she was his mate…and he mocked them, mocked her. How could he…how dare he? Her sorrow took a sharp turn, becoming hurt, then anger and finally rage. And when the asshole called Raditz `strange' for mating a "slave", she wanted to scream at asshole to the top of her lugs " You had no problem with that when you fucked me!!" Instead she let cool reserve take over.

"I am not a slave anymore…Ouji sama." The detachment in her own voice surprised her; he eyed her and smirked, mocking her once more. She got ready to say something to him, but Raditz' tail tightened around her waist making her stop.

His royal assness soon forgot about them and summoned Gokou and Chivaa to follow him, surely to pound them both for their affair.

She looked at Chivaa sadly, giving her a thousand words of comfort with her blue eyes. Then they walked away just like that.

A hundred different encounters she had imagined, a hundred fairy tale ways of her prince coming to sweep her off her feet, to her rescue, but this…this she had not even considered.

"Damn, that was awkward." She heard Toma say as the Ou, Ouji, Gokou and his daughter walk away.

"Sorry." Raditz whispered in her ear, his apology sounding more relieved than sorry.

"For what?" trying to sound as tough as the metal in her lab, she whispered back, she turned to him raising on her toes,and kissed his mouth, right in front of everyone…he called her `mate'well, act like it, she thought, half hoping he would not push her away making an ass of her. He instead lifted her easily with his tail and held her face while they kissed; she closed her eyes desperately trying to forget where she was, and everything that just happened.

On the other side of the room, she failed to notice a certain prince glaring daggers at them.

A cough brought them back to their senses, she opened her eyes slowly to see Celpia glaring at her, she was one of Raditz's team members, strange woman this Celpia. Always close to Raditz, always looking at her as if wanting to hurt her, she even mention it to Raditz once, he only said not to pay her any heed, Celpia was a bitter woman who had chosen never to mate. But the more she thought about it, the more she convinced herself the woman had a thing for Raditz.

"Why don't you fuck her right here, Captain?" the Saiyan woman said maliciously to Raditz, "I bet the Ou would really enjoy that." Raditz gave her a hard stare but said nothing. He took her hand and made their way to the Ou, her eyes widened as she thought what exactly he was planning to do.

"Ou sama," he bowed, pulling on her to do the same, "my mate and I wish you a long life and an honorable death," he bowed again, as did she, "we have to retire for the evening, we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow and Bulma is worried about the brat." She looked at him thanking him silently for his kindness.

"Yes, a long day indeed…rest well Bulma, tomorrow I expect you put on quite a show."

"A show, Ou sama?" Raditz always told her never to question the king, she didn't know why, the man always laughed at her saying she reminded him of her dead mate…Vegeta's mother.

"If we want to convince my brat to help, you need to convince him that our findings and your inventions can help us win against Freeza…I do not know what's he's gone through, but I've never seen him this distraught." The king finished gazing out the balcony door his son had exited from.

"Ouji sama will be at the meeting tomorrow?" She couldn't help the words as they left her lips; Raditz gave her a strange look.

"Yes…any objections?" Vegeta no Ou asked amused.

"No, of course not Ou sama I just thought he would leave immediately."

"Ou Sama," Nappa interrupted them, " Freeza is on the com, he's requesting an audience with you immediately."

"What now? Fucking lizard knows what today is…I will see you both in the morrow." And the king was gone. They made their way to the balcony, the same balcony from long ago, the same balcony Vegeta and the others were at right now.

"Where're we going Raditz?"

"Home" he answered somewhat annoyed.

"The door is the other way." She tried to pull him to the direction of it, but of course she could not.

"Yeah…so?"

"So, at least for tonight let's be proper and exit the proper way."

"Is there someone you're trying to avoid out there?" his annoyance, very apparent now.

"What?! I can't believe you said that." Her eyes sparked with fire, Raditz was a patience man, never raising his voice at her before, and now, now that she needed his support the most, he decided to act like a jealous fifteen year old.

"You think I don't know what you did back there? You… `Let's not make a scene in public Raditz'… and in front of the king and every god dammed elite on this entire planet…the man doesn't even remember your name, do you really think he cared about your little show?," he was so angry that she could feel his ki through the bond they did not shared, "I should have put you in your place, that's what I should have done." He looked away from her.

"Put me in my place?!" she knew she had gone a tad over the edge, but for him to act like this, "And where exactly is my place?" his eyes came back to hers, they stood by the balcony, their backs to the window, arguing with feigned smiles for all to see. Outside however were three set of eyes fastened on them.

"Let's not argue ok…all I want to do right now is go home, we do have a long day tomorrow." He rubbed his temple as he often did when stressed.

"Raditz," she turned to look at him, playing with his hair as she always did to calm him down, "The fact that he is here, doesn't change a thing between us, I care about you deeply and you have done so much for me and Trunks. I wouldn't trade that for anything." He let her play with his long locks, closing his eyes while she did it, both of them oblivious of the short Ouji glaring outside and the very pissed Saiyan woman inside.

"Gratitude isn't the same as affection." He whispered after a long time.

"Love comes in many different ways, but I do love you Raditz." This time it was he who came down to meet her lips, they kissed tenderly for a few moments, and then he turned to open the door to the balcony.

+++

"I see you two had some fun while I was gone." Vegeta fastened his eyes on Chivaa, then on Kakarotto, if the ground could have swallowed them both, they would have been very grateful. But there was no such luck, only the piercing stare of the one betrayed.

"You must be wondering why haven't I killed you yet…I should, but that would not be much fun now would be? Vegeta gave them an ugly grin, Chivaa let out a gasp. Gokou looked her way and took a step closer to the prince.

"Is not her fault Vegeta…I was the one who started it."

"Gokou…"Chivaa gasped behind him, he halted her with his hand, not to say another word.

"If you must punish someone I should be the one to suffer the consequences."

"If I must…are you listening to yourself Kakarotto? You are in no position to ask anything of me. Let's say I do kill you, very, very painfully, then what? I should just mate this piece of used merchandise and move on with my life?" Vegeta leaned against a wall with his arms crossed; he could sense the third class' hurt at the words he just uttered.

Then the woman and her `mate' came into view; fucking bastard's tail was still securely fastened around her. They came to stand by his father, both bowing. He would give everything he owned to know what they were saying; his father was speaking to her, a smile on his eyes though his face as impassive as always. Did she ensnare him as well? Then Nappa came, and both he and his father left the hall.

He watched as the two people he now hated the most walked their way to the balcony…what could they possibly want? Kakarotto's eyes were on him; thankfully the fool found it in his heart to stay quiet. Chivaa too was looking at the two standing a few paces away. He watched them speak to one another in that intimate manner reserved only for one's mate, saw her playing with the fool's hair, for all to see. And Raditz did nothing but submit to the woman's touch…will. He couldn't blame him though; the one night he spent with her was enough to burn his soul.

Raditz kissed her…again. Before it sliced his insides, but now he felt rage, as never before, he would not let them get to him like this, he would forget her, forget he ever had anything to do with her, she was but another of the many slaves he released his stress with.

+++

Raditz stepped out into the cold night, immediately flaring his Ki to protect her from the cold and the gravity, outside Chivaa, Gokou and Vegeta met them in silence. Raditz made his way to the prince, bringing his fist to his chest and bowing reverently, she did the same.

"Vegeta sama, we are glad to see you back safely." Vegeta said nothing, he just continued to stare, his back against the wall, his arms across his chest, his red cape flowing with the wind, it made her heart ache with longing, with sorrow…with need.

"You're leaving?" Chivaa was the first to break the silence.

"Yeah, we're tired, Raditz and I have tons to do tomorrow." She responded turning to look at her friend, grateful for the change of mood.

"I guess that means forsaking your training." Vegeta spoke from the corner. " And I was hoping you would be my warm up." Bulma felt Raditz tense; she squeezed his hand glaring at the object of so many sleepless nights, of so much sadness.

" I do not think anyone is training tomorrow Ouji sama." Raditz answered, sounding more calmed then she knew him to be.

"And why is that?"

" We have a meeting with the scientists and you father Ouji Sama."

"Why will you be at that meeting?" Vegeta walked towards the taller man, he could still see the woman's hand tangled through his wild mane, trying his hardest not to react to the close proximity he kept his eyes on Raditz.

" I am the head of strategy and information department Ouji Sama, I have to be informed of everything concerning our new technological developments."

"Ah…yes I forgot you're our spy." Raditz tensed again, but instead of retorting on the sarcastic comment, he unwrapped his tail from his waist and slowly brought it around Bulma's own waist bringing her closer, Vegeta's eyes flickered for half an instant and then became cold.

"Ouji sama." Raditz nodded to the prince, then turned to the other two, Bulma met Vegeta's eyes and saw nothing but bottomless black, they stared at each other for a moment, she bowed and then turned as well.

"I will see you tomorrow Chivaa, Kakarotto." Nodding to his brother who miraculously remained silent the entire while and his lover, Raditz flew away with her in tow.

Vegeta followed them with his eyes for a few moments then he turned to face the remaining two.

+++

Gokou could no believe his eyes, Vegeta walked in the room with the king. His first thoughts were anger, a little, since he had been so worried and Vegeta didn't even tell him he was coming. But then the anger turned into relief, then happiness, it had killed him not to know what happened to his friend after he got knocked unconscious, and now he was right here, standing right in front of him. His eyes watered and there was this strange knot in his throat, before he could even stop it, he threw himself at his prince. Vegeta would probably beat him up for it later, but right now he didn't care.

He flew to Vegeta almost knocking everyone in his path and held him into a bear hug.

"Vegeta!!!!" he yelled in joy, everyone turned to look at him but he did not care, he was so happy Vegeta was ok.

"Let go of me baka yaro!!" Gokou's smile grew wider upon seeing his friend was even acting normally, then Vegeta stiffened, making Gokou turn towards the direction Vegeta was suddenly staring at…Bulma, Kami in heaven! He had forgotten all about Bulma. He let go of the prince, pretending he hadn't noticed. He could see his brother's tail wrapped securely around Bulma's waist. Raditz was not the showy type; he himself had never seen him act any different towards any particular woman, even though he knew his brother had bedded almost every decent looking Saiyan woman in the planet. But when it came to Bulma, his older brother knew no reserve. He kissed her in public, he held her, held her hand and now he was displaying the ultimate sign of affection to a Saiyan.

Gokou cringed as he saw that tail bringing the woman closer to him, as if to shield her from view. He turned to Vegeta, releasing the breath he did not noticed he was holding, as he saw the prince had already moved on and was now saluting others. Then Chivaa came and the strangest thing happened, Vegeta held her face and smirked, then he gave him a weird look…shit he knew about them, unable to hold his friend's gaze he turned the other way in shame. How in hell did he think for even a second that he could fool Vegeta?

He then saw Vegeta salute Raditz and Bulma, maybe he could not fool Vegeta, but Vegeta couldn't fool him either, underneath this civility, he knew all this affected his friend. It was his foolish pride that always kept him from his true feelings.

"Chivaa…Kakarotto, follow me" he heard him snap, and here were they now, watching Raditz and Bulma disappear into the night. Vegeta once again turned to them, with those black eyes full of new shadows, new hatred.

"Why?" his question was directed right at him, he again could not look at him in the eye, "I have no feelings toward this woman, but I would have expected a lot more from you Kakarotto…I see you're all cut from the same mold." Vegeta looked away as he said the words, into the dark sky.

"Ouji sama…" Chivaa said, Gokou put his hand on her shoulder and shook his head.

"Can you leave us?" he said gently, Vegeta turned to them sharply.

"No, she will not, you did this together and you will face it together." He walked toward them, stopping but mere inches away, his eyes bearing Chivaa's.

"I do not know how much of a punishment this will be, but I will not mate you, say what you will to my father…to the others, and you Kakarotto, " he looked away reflecting his next words, " It will be a long time before I can trust you, right now I do not know whether I want to kill you or just beat you up until you beg for death's release."

"Vegeta…please believe that we did not meant you harm…we,"

"Harm… Fool, you think you can harm me? You are nothing but a third class baka who knows nothing, this whore betrayed me, and you think she will not betray you? You are naïve and that will be your punishment, I will have to do nothing to make you hurt."

Gokou tried his hardest not to react, after all Vegeta deserved to vent it all out on someone, Chivaa probably thought the same since she remained silent throughout the insults.

"I will see you tomorrow in the training grounds after that idiotic meeting…I will not show you mercy Kakarotto."

"Neither will I." Gokou found himself saying, Vegeta nodded and went back into the hall.

"He took it rather well." Chivaa whispered.

"Very well." Gokou whispered back.

+++

They all sat patiently waiting for the Ou and the Ouji to commence the meeting. Bulma had not gotten a minute of sleep, and she knew others in the room didn't either. Chivaa sat across from her. She wanted to talk to her so badly, to ask her what went on, her friend was here and unharmed, so at least that part she didn't have to worry about. Karrot chan was not here though, since he didn't know about their plans and the meeting, but Chivaa looked calmed enough, so she knew he was fine too.

Raditz on the other hand had not spoke a civil word to her since the night before, she knew he was upset, so she didn't want to push it, he'll come around.

Bardock sat next to Raditz and Toma next to him; there were a few other scientists on her team and that was all. They had learned from the previous attack, this meeting was tightly monitored and known to few.

The double doors opened, Vegeta no Ou and Nappa came in the room, all eyes on them, then on the door behind.

"Where's my brat?" that answered everybody's question, Nappa closed the door and stood behind his king.

"We thought he would come with you Ou Sama," Bardock answered.

At that moment the doors flew open and a rough up Vegeta came in the room.

"Isn't this fucking meeting over yet?" he smirked to his father, glancing around the room, his eyes stopped on her, then narrowed to slits. "What's she doing here?" he snapped pointing at her with his head. She looked around and realized she was the only non-Saiyan present.

"She is the head scientist brat." Vegeta no Ou responded before anybody else could.

"What?!" Vegeta spat the word looking from her to his father, then back at her. She felt her face hot with rage, "And this is the `genius' you talked about…since when old man you follow slaves orders. She says `let's go and attack Freeza,' and you comply, no questions asked…has she ensnared you between her legs too?!" Raditz was on his feet and on his face the next second, Bardock and Toma were there as well trying to hold him down and Chivaa was by her side, they all moved so godamn fast

"What are you going to do…commoner?" Vegeta asked Raditz, taunting him, Bardock and Toma's hold seem to be giving as Raditz fought to get lose.

"I've swallowed enough of you shit…Ouji Sama," Raditz spat viciously, "I don't give a fuck who you are, I'll beat you now so that I won't have to hear you anymore."

"I'll love to see you try…commoner."

"If it is such a problem me being here, I will leave, I am not a slave…I don't have to take this abuse." She said walking to the door, all eyes on her.

"You stay right where you are." Vegeta no Ou snapped, "Brat, you calm yourself down before I beat you for your insolence, you and Raditz sit down, you'll have your chance to defend your woman's honor after we're through here." All halted and obeyed, even Vegeta who stared at his father with such rancor that shook her to the bone.

"Bulma…your findings." The Ou began, forgetting the scene from moments before.

"Let's get this over with." Vegeta said crankily, sitting down next to his father, staring at Raditz with murder in his eyes. Poor Raditz, she thought feeling sorry for her loyal lover, she knew Vegeta enough to now that he would not forget this…and all because of her.

Raditz sat down as well, not backing down an inch from the unfriendly stare. Bulma put a hand on his shoulder, reassuring him, thanking him for sticking out for her. Her eyes averted from him to those in the room.

"We been working with the adamantium for over a week now, and I can honestly say we are no closer of cracking the make up of the metal, let alone how to work with it, or how Freeza intents to use it. It is by far the most resilient material I've ever encountered.

Whatever weapons they plan to build with it will be tough to beat...if not impossible" Her eyes met the Ou's, he had expected more progress, but they had tried every piece of technology available to them and nothing. If only she would have been more involved on her father's work, If only she would have listened to him when he tried so many times to share with her his research. No she had been more interested in boys and her looks at the time to care, she sighted rubbing her temples, a tendency she got from Raditz.

"Bardock and I think they want to build ships with it, the metal is virtually indestructible…if they already devised a way to work with it, this war is already lost." Her eyes went from Vegeta no Ou, to Bardock's, Toma's, Chivaa's and finally His, Vegeta's, they lingered there for a few seconds.

"Freeza is not building ships, and he has not found a way to work the metal…well sort of, he does know if it is exposed to high amounts of heat, the metal melts, but it goes back to its normal indestructible state as soon as it removed from it." Vegeta words came out startling all present, all traces of his previous sarcasm and animosity gone.

"How long have they worked on it?" Bulma asked him, so naturally, as if nothing happened between them, as if all the months of anguish and wondering didn't exist.

" About three years." Vegeta responded just as casually.

"Three years…and they've only got that far with it?"

" Fortunately for us, the lizard's head scientist is not as willing as yourself." She thought his eyes flickered for a moment…but then again, that couldn't be right.

"Have you had any contact with this scientist, Ouji sama?" Bardock interrupted.

"Yes, Freeza wants to somehow inject the metal onto his warriors skeletons…"She gasped, Vegeta looked away as if remembering something, then continued, "As a matter of fact he seems to believe that Saiyan structure could resist such procedure, he captured your brother and his squad to do such experiments."

"By Kami in heavens!" Toma whispered, Bardock's expression did not change.

"I was sent to Lodos to "persuade" this scientist to continue his research, that's how I found out about all this. Turless was imprisoned and was supposed to be the subject for this procedure.

"What happened?" she could not take it any longer, this sounded so familiar, just like when papa was supposed to produce super soldiers such as this back home.

"I convinced him to work for us, at least to sabotage the research so they won't get any closer to find a way. We let Turless go and Briefs went on to experiment on some poor bastard I caught…I do not."

"Did you say…Briefs?" her heart skipped a beat at the mention of that name; her throat went dry as the words left her mouth.

"Yes, he is the head scientist working for Freeza…you might know him, he's from Chikyuu." Her world began to spin round and round…papa…papa is alive, alive and on the hands of that monster.

"Woman!!" she heard Vegeta's voice on some far away realm, the only thing she could feel was the thunderous beatings of her own heart.

"Bulma!" Raditz' arms came to support her as she had not realized her legs were no longer holding her. She looked up and the last thing she saw as the world became a blur of darkness, was his face…her prince's face.

+++

She woke with a start, wherever she was, was dark and cold.

"Bulma!?" Chivaa's voice came from somewhere in the room, the lights came on, she was in her own room, her own bed…why did it feel so cold?

"How are you feeling?

"What happened?"

"That's what we all want to know, you just blocked out."

"Papa!" she gasped as the memories came back.

"Papa?"

"My father…my father is alive…I have to go and get him!!" her own voice so alien to her ears, papa, papa was alive.

"Wait Bulma, what are you saying?"

"Briefs…he said Briefs, my name is Bulma Briefs, if that man Vegeta was talking about is who I think it is…that man is my father."

She finish in a rush of words, she couldn't believe she was here explaining, instead of doing something to get him back.

"My God, Bulma…I don't know what to say." Chivaa's expression told her that her friend was as happy as she was…no, not as happy, but close. What were the odds of after three years and half a universe apart, they could reunite.

"I have to talk to Vegeta!" Jumping out of bed and running to the door, her friend grabbed her by the arm.

"Bulma calm down."

"Calm down…how do you expect me to calm down…where's Raditz?

"After you passed out, Vegeta sama ordered him to the training grounds."

"My God!" Bulma gasped.

"Don't worry Raditz is tougher than he looks, you should know that, besides after what happened in the conference room he wanted to go."

" I have to see him, I have to ask him about papa." Chivaa thought about it for a second, then said.

"Get dressed, I'll take you." Bulma threw herself to her friend in a fierce hug, "thank you…oh my God…where is Trunks?"

I told Sylvana to take him to my place; I thought I'd take you there after you woke up to wait for Raditz…in case he needed the tank."

"Thank you…where's Karrot chan?"

"He heard about the fight, so he went to root."

"For whom?" Bulma smirked.

"Who knows." Chivaa smirked back.

"What happened?" Chivaa didn't need to be told.

"He's mad at Gokou, I don't think they're on speaking terms…as for me, I am single and available again."

"Did you tell Toma?

"Yes."

"And?"

" He's somewhat relieved, but doesn't know how we're going to explain it to everyone."

" Does the Ou know?"

" I doubt it, I haven't told him and Vegeta Sama said he doesn't care what I do."

" What do you think?"

" I don't know…I just don't know."

+++

" Is that the best you can do…commoner?" Vegeta snarled with a nasty grin to the man on the floor. He was purposely going easy on Raditz; he wanted to enjoy this, to savor the man's defeat. He's wanted to pound the bastard for so long, he'll be dammed to end it quick.

Raditz lifted his head and gave him a look that could kill. Vegeta smirked and lunged himself at the fallen, bleeding man once more. At least the bastard was hardheaded and resistant like his brother, but nowhere near as strong.

"And you call yourself a Saiyan…no wonder you had to mate beneath you, no Saiyan woman would embarrass herself mating you." He kicked Raditz's side, smirking as he heard ribs crack. Amazingly Raditz got on his feet and began an assault of his own.

Blood and sweat flew from the clashing bodies, Raditz was holding his own rather well, he would have to end it soon. He could see Kakarotto watching along with the large group that had gathered…all the better to humiliate this bastard, this bastard that took the only thing he's ever cared for. A kick to the loin brought him back to the fight…fuck! The asshole got a good one…even from this the woman could completely ensnare him.

He had noticed the Raditz' fighting style to be familiar, but he had never fought the first class before, then the memory of a certain fighter he encountered on Madran came to his memory as it had been but only moments before. Vegeta didn't stop to think it over, to analyze the margin for error; he let his rage get the better of him and got ready to end it…for good.

"Raditz!!" Kakarotto yelled, "don't let Vegeta kick your ass!!!" He smirked, only Kakarotto would say something like that, in front of so many…do not worry my dear friend, after your traitor brother, your ass is next

He let his Ki flare, the sheer intensity of it sent Raditz tumbling back to the wall.

" I will not kick it…I will blast it to oblivion." Vegeta smirked at the audience as he extended his right arm for the grand finale, palm opened, facing the one stumbling to his feet on the far end of the room.

"I was saving this new attack for a special occasion, but now is as good a time as any," he smirked again as he saw Raditz fear, he extended both his hands and let an immense amount of Ki gather, so much that it would kill any bastard stupid enough to get caught by it. "Final Flash!!!" as soon as he said it and was about to release the deadly beams, the stupid Saiyan woman who he had been engaged to until the day before, came in flying through the door making everyone part for her. She was carrying someone in her arms.

He lowered his hand, cursing under his breath; he'll get her later

Chivaa flew to where Raditz was…what was it about that bastard that seemingly drove women wild? He wasn't even that impressive, maybe a little good looking, a lot better looking than Kakarotto that was for sure, but not that impressive at all.

He crossed his arms and stood there glaring. Another Saiyan woman made her way to the fallen idiot, and Kakarotto was in fact walking towards him, he hmphed and turned his head the other way.

"You weren't really going to kill him Vegeta?" the tone on the third class' voice was neither mad nor reproaching.

" So what if I did, he'd deserve it for being weak…look at him, he needs women to aid him." He spat looking on Raditz' direction, then he saw her, the woman, leaning over Raditz, checking his wounds.

You still care." Kakarotto stated, no mockery, no pity.

" I never cared."

"You can't lie to me."

"Fuck you Kakarotto…why would I lie, why would I care? Fuck you and your whole family," he turned then and gave the third class a defeated look, "…who's taken what belonged to me."

"I'm sorry."

"Are you?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

" I love Chivaa, and I knew you didn't care for her, I don't regret what's happened between us, but I am sorry I betrayed you."

"Hmph"

"Will you ever forgive me?"

"Maybe after I kick your ass a few hundred times." Vegeta smirked at the moron.

"Bulma…" Kakarotto began; the prince halted his hand and shook his head.

"I do not want to talk about the woman."

"But…"

"Do not push it, I can still punish you for treason." At that moment, Bulma got to her feet and began walking towards them. Vegeta felt his heart constrict in his chest, felt his pulse quicken, only she had the power to elicit those sensations in him.

She came to stand a few paces away from him, his face hard, focused only on the pain.

"Ouji sama," she bowed, " I must speak with you."

"You might be `free' and you might have some influence around here, but don't you ever approach the prince of Vegeta-sei unannounced again, let this be your warning…next time you die." He let the words hang in the air.

"Ouji sama…please." He looked into her eyes and saw sorrow, maybe she was hurting too. Her eyes gleamed with tears, the not in his chest tightened, he sighted and gave in.

"What is it?" he said lowly, not trusting his own voice.

"You said the man working for Freeza is named Briefs…is it Trunks Briefs? The tears did fall, suddenly he saw the resemblance, he had all along, but it just seemed too much of a coincidence.

"Is he related to you?"

"He's my father." Vegeta's eyes widen a bit, but he regained control quickly, "Is he well?

"He is… for now."

"Oh thank heavens." Bulma fell to her knees, staring to the floor. Everyone remained in the room watching this exchange. He fought the urge to hold her in his arms and console her.

"I shall let him know of you." Was the only thing he could say.

"Ouji sama," her eyes met his, " I have to see him, please…somehow, anyhow…"

" I do not see how, is not like Freeza will let him come over for drinks."

"What if I go with you!" her reason came back to her once more, she was no longer a victim of this circumstances, but a survivor, she would find a way to see her father, to bring him back alive or she would die trying. Vegeta visibly stiffen, as did many in the room.

" I do not think your mate will approve, besides I have no intention in inconveniencing myself to help you."

"Vegeta!!" gasped Kakarotto, Raditz got to his feet much to Chivaa's and the other woman's protest and made his way to them weakly.

"Bulma…"the long haired warrior whispered.

"Raditz I have to, I have to see papa…I'm sorry."

"And then what, have Freeza use you to speed up his research?" As much as Vegeta hated to admit, the man was right, he even said as much.

"He's right."

"He doesn't have to know, we can say I'm your slave, I don't think he'll object."

"He would," he shuddered as he remembered the lizard's cold hands on him, "Freeza is a control freak, he needs to know everything."

"Please…"

"Bulma you're not going, " Raditz said sternly, then kneeled by her and whispered lowly, " I couldn't bear to loose you." Vegeta looked at the two disgusted.

"Are you implying that I cannot take care of her?!" the words came out before he could stop them. Raditz looked up, but said nothing.

"What about Trunks?" Kakarotto asked suddenly as if the decision were made, the woman and Raditz both gave him a hard look, Vegeta just ignored them, his decision was already made.

" I will take you, if only to show this weak excuse for a mate of yours that I can take care of you better than he can."

"Don't worry Raditz I'll be there too, I'll make sure she's ok." Kakarotto smiled slapping his brother's back.

" Who said anything about you coming Kakarotto?" In all honesty he was thankful for it, he didn't trust himself alone with her. Chivaa came to stand by her lover.

"Gokou…" she put her hand the third class' shoulder

"Sorry Chivaa, I told you I would go."

"Bulma I'm going too," the tall woman announced to her friend.

"Absolutely not!! What do you all think this is? I will take the woman to see her father and Kakarotto as my guard but that's it."

"But Ouji sama, how are we going to bring him back.? Bulma said hopeful

"Bring who back?"

"Papa."

"He's not coming." She covered her mouth as if holding her heart from coming out through it. "Woman, you father is Freeza's number one scientist. Do you think we can snatch him and hope he won't notice? If that was so I would have done it already"

"But we can't leave him there," Kakarotto offered, Bulma's eyes turned to him hopefully.

"Kakarotto…" Vegeta snapped, "if you are not going to say something productive I recommend you shut up, I said is not possible and that's the end of it. or do I have to beat it into your heads."

"But Vegeta, " the third class purse his lips helplessly.

"I said enough!!" The prince snapped, loosing his short patience. "We leave in three days, have all your affairs taken care of by then. Meet me at the Royal dock at dawn, not a minute later. Or I will leave you behind." And he walked away from the scene.

+++

"Thank you Ouji Sama.' Bulma bowed low, as he walked away. She turned to Raditz who was just there, glaring at her.

"Are you alright?" how could she ask that? Of course he was not, but what else could she do? Her father was alive and Vegeta was the only one who could take her to him. Raditz got up and walked away as well without saying a word. She got up to follow but Chivaa grabbed her arm and shook her head no.

"He needs to think this one out." Bulma just nodded and looked on as he went away. The crowd began to disperse, only those concerned stayed.

"Captain!!" Celpia the Saiyan woman in Raditz squad went after him, she wanted to stop her, but yet she couldn't, maybe that's what he needed a friend, someone impartial who can help him cope.

"Celpia…wait, where the hell do you think you're going?!" Mousroum, Raditz closest friend went after her instead. She looked at the ones remaining: Chivaa, Karrot chan, Bardock and Toma. She wondered what they thought of her, of what she was doing to Raditz…what did it matter, she was going to see papa.

"Will you be alright?" Chivaa's concerned voice inquired.

"I'll take care of her," Gokou answered for her, she'll need him to be strong and to remember where her place was.

"Do not worry yourself, Raditz will be fine." Bar-kun's voice somehow made it all seem better, he put a hand on her shoulder, he always knew what to say.

"Maybe I can convince Vegeta sama to let him come with me." Her eyes fixed on her lab partner.

"Forget it girl, those two hot headed brats would not make it to the Lodos alive." Toma smirked at the comment, "Just let it be, it'll be alright, besides Raditz will be needed here, we don't even know if the Ou will allow you to go." Bardock said always analyzing everything.

"He cannot tell me what to do, I am not a slave, the only ones who worry me are Trunks and Raditz the Ou can go to hell."

"Don't say that too loud girl, free or no he's still you king as long as you live on this planet." Toma looked everywhere as he said the words, afraid someone might have overheard her.

"Chivaa…will you check on Trunks?" Bulma lastly turned to her friend with the most important task of all. As much as she wanted to take him, to show her pride and joy to her father, Vegeta no Ouji must never know about his child.

"Of course what kind of question is that? He will stay with us…right Toma?" The older Saiyan gave her a weak `I don't think that's such a good idea' smile, but nodded yes, "God knows Raditz might forget to feed him…or worst yet, might shack up with Sylvana out of spite!"

"Very funny," Bulma smiled as well.

"You discredit my brat way too much." Bardock joined the laughter, " but I think is for the best."

"The is settled, you just go and see your father, we'll take care of everything here." Chivaa concluded.

"Still I have three days, enough time to leave specific instructions on the things we need to work on while I'm gone. Bardock we have three long days ahead of us."

"Yes sir." The older scared man saluted her like royalty. How changed they all were since this ordeal started, Bardock would have never done something like that a year ago. She looked at them happy to have each and every one of them. " I'll see to everything until you come back, I'm going to do such an outstanding work, the Ou will be giving me you job…you just go and see your father." He finished

"I'm not only going to see him, I'm going to bring him back."

+++

"Captain…Raditz!!!" Celpia called out finding it hard to catch up to her love. Raditz had taken flight at full speed and was now in the forest below somewhere. An explosion startled her. Promptly flying towards it she realized what was happening. Raditz was tearing and blasting the whole area, she only whished he would have done that to the reason of his anger, instead of the trees below. She knew his fits well and knew they didn't last very long; she waited out for the area to be nothing but a plane and flew to where he was on his knees on the ground. She came closer cautiously and knelt by him putting her hand on either shoulder. Raditz had never allowed her this close proximity, all she wanted to do was tear his clothes off and show him what a real woman was, but right now he didn't need that, right now he needed a friend, a shoulder to cry on.

"Why now?" Raditz voice startled her. " I thought I finally had her heart and soul and he had to come back…why?" he leaned his head on her shoulder, she wanted to say something, but did not know what. "He still wants her." Raditz concluded

"Does she?" Raditz looked at her then, in his eyes she could see a turmoil she'd never witness on the man before…what is that whore doing to him?

" I trust her, I trust she knows what is best for her, I just don't want to see her gone." His voice sounded calm, controlled.

" Of course not, she your mate." Just to say the words made her sick.

"She's not, " he responded, " she has not allow me to mark her." His head came back to her shoulder.

" Why?" a new ray of hope made itself known to her. Raditz had not mate Bulma. She brought her hand to his head and stroked his hair like she'd seen the woman do. He didn't respond, but it didn't matter, she knew all she needed to know. As she rested her head on his she made her little bow…Raditz there's no escape for you…you will be mine.

+++

Raditz came in while she was packing, he just stood by the door watching her, they stared at each other like that for what it seemed an eternity. Bulma got to her feet and walked to him, standing in front of him, waiting. He threw himself into her arms making them both fall to the ground in the process. Without saying a word he held her and she held him. They stayed like that for a long time.

"Raditz…"

"Shh, don't say anything just hold me." He whispered.

"We need to talk."

"No we don't… whatever happens I will always be with you."

"Raditz…" she kissed him deeply and had each other as if it would be the last time. She didn't love him, not the way she loved her prince, but for now, she was his, She belonged to Raditz body and soul.

+++

"It will be ok, I'll be back before you know it." Kakarotto said mildly as he watched his lover pace around the room.

"Is not true and you know it, " Chivaa said trying to hide the feeling she so obviously felt, " And now Bulma will be gone, I didn't tell her but I have very bad feeling about this."

"Chivaa," Kakarotto went to her and put his hands on her shoulder's to stop her from making a hole on the floor. " Don't worry, we'll get Bulma and her father back safely, Vegeta will think of something."

"And you?" Her eyes deepened on his, "Will you be back safely?"

"Eventually…I will stick with Vegeta to the very end, whatever that end might be."

"Promise you'll come back to me." Her voice deep and full of emotion.

"I can't…but I promise I will try. Chivaa I love you, and as long as I do I will not die, I will not give up." He brought her close and kissed her lips tenderly at first then possessive, passionate. He threw her on the floor and ravaged her body, pulling her clothes off. No matter how many times he had her it still felt like the first time. It would never be enough…not nearly enough

"Gokou," her voice trembled with need and desire, his lips on her neck, shoulders… Gods, how he loved her, it must be a sin to love someone this much. His lips made their way down to her collar bone…her breast. His hand came to the one place he could not get enough of and stroked her there, making her elicit those moans that drove him wild.

His tail coiled with hers and began that dance, that fight with each other that left them both gasping for air. "Gokou, Gokou…" his name on her lips over and over like a mantra, filling his senses. He made his way back to her lips and capture them savagely, his hand quickened, her moans intensified. He couldn't take it anymore. He brought the hand that stroked her core to his mouth; and began lapping at it as if his life depended on it. And entered her, entered that paradise he was the first to know.

"I can't promise you I'll come back," his pace fastened, bringing them higher and higher, "But I promise you…you'll never be rid of me." And with these words he bit into her flesh, marking her his for all times.

+++

Vegeta lay on his bed, wide-awake. The past two days had been pure hell. No matter what he did, where he went he saw her, in his mind and on the flesh. How was he going to fight this feelings, how was he going to avoid being pulled deeper into her spell? He wished he could take back his words, he wished he could just go and forget about them all. But go where? Back to Freeza, back to the misery his life has become.

His only option was to become strong, to reach that place where feelings didn't matter, where strength was the solution to everything…Super Saiyan… to defeat that monster and be able to get away from him…from the pain…from her.

Sleep never came that night, instead came the dread of the journey he would have to embark on, the journey that inevitably will decide where his feelings truly lie.

+++

Bulma arrived right at dawn sleep had been impossible. The past two days had been pure hell. Between getting everybody briefed, countless meeting and spending as much time with Trunks and Raditz.

She had not been able to take Vegeta out of her mind. It didn't help that he seemed to be everywhere. How was she going to fight her feelings for him, how will she remain true to her promise to Raditz? She wished there was another way to get Papa back, to do this without needing his help. Her only option was to avoid him, to avoid the spell he seemed to cast on her every time she set eyes on him. The spell that rendered her reason and sanity disabled. She needed to focus, to remember her mission and the little bundle of joy home waiting for her. Dread began to fill her mind, dread of the journey she must embark on, a journey that inevitably will decide where her feelings truly lie.

Vegeta and Gokou were already there, Chivaa too, Bulma could see the tears on her friend's eyes, but there was also something different about her, a radiance she had not seen or noticed before. Vegeta was the first to see her, he acknowledge her with a curt nod and headed over to the ship.

"Bulma!" Chivaa ran to her and hugged her tightly, "please be careful…and don't worry about Trunks or Raditz, I'll take care of them." She kissed her cheek and gave her a weak smile.

" Are you ok?" Bulma asked as the parted.

"Don't worry about me, I'm a big girl, besides," she looked over at Gokou and smiled blushing. " I have something to look forward to." Chivaa put a hand on her belly.

"Oh my God!" was all Bulma could say, she was so happy for her friend.

"Trunks will have someone to play with soon," Chivaa's blush got deeper.

" Will it be alright…I mean you were engaged to Vegeta." Bulma could not help but being concerned, what she did would be considered treason by Saiyan Standards.

" I don't care what everyone thinks, I'll be fine Toma spoke to the Ou, he said as long as Vegeta is alright with it, besides he can't afford to lose me now. Chivaa smiled. Bulma hugged her tight again and they both cried, Gokou came to them and put a gentle hand on her shoulder.

"We have to go."

"I'll take care of him." Bulma said drying her tears.

" I wouldn't expect anything less." Her best friend said with a smile.

"C'mon Bulma we don't want Vegeta to get mad." Kakarotto said softly, he kissed his mate one last time and gently guided her towards the ship.

" Bulma!" the y all turned to the sky to meet the owner of the voice. Raditz descended by them. He had told her he would not see her go, that he was not good at goodbyes. But as always he came to show her how much he cared.. He came to her and held her a they kissed, as he let go he whispered into her ear.

"You do what your heart tell you." Then he kissed her fore head and flew away. Her tears fell anew. Raditz…her sweet Raditz was giving her leave to do what she must. But if she could help it, she would return to him.

"Are you done with you're disgusting farewells?" Vegeta yelled from the ship, he was standing arms crossed following Raditz with his eyes.

" Hai! We're coming." Gokou took her arm and pulled her to the ship. Her things were already on board, thanks to Vegeta's very efficient but scary looking crew. As they got to the hatch the prince stepped aside allowing them to pass, their eyes met for an instant, there was something in his black bottomless pools, she couldn't tell what it was, but it shook her to the core.

Before the hatch closed she turned once more to wave Chivaa one last farewell. This time Bardock and Toma were there, she gave them a thumps up and went into the ship.

"Let the journey begin." Were her last thoughts as the doors closed leaving those she loved behind.

+++

A/N Sorry this took so long. I had a contest fic to write, which I will post as soon as the places are decided (cross fingers for me) so this chappy took me longer than expected. I wanted to make it longer and more meaningful but that would have taken even longer. So I hope this is enough for now. I'll try to get the next chappy soon, even if I have to make it a little shorter.

As it points out the chappy will be mainly the journey to Get Bulma's father. Will Vegeta be able to control his emotions…will Bulma keep her promise to Raditz…Will Gokou…what am I taking about, he's all set ^_~