Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Meant To Be ❯ Destinies Reunited ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own BDZ or any of its characters.

I would like to thank Telsa for the great and speedy beta work.

Warnings for chapter: bad language and violence

Chapter seven: Destinies Reunited

She was led by Karrot-chan to a sit in the back of the cockpit. This ship looked so different from anything she's ever seen. Already her mind was working, analyzing her surroundings.

"Here, strap yourself. This baby reaches light speed in less than a heart beat…trust me; you don't want to find yourself plastered to the ceiling." Goku smiled at her and went to his own chair next to hers... How did he do it, how did he always coped with everything life threw at him and still was able to smile?

Vegeta busied himself shouting orders to the crew. He strapped himself by the pilot as soon as he was done. She understood none of it. He had used a different language than the one he spoke to her. It never dawned on her before, she never even thought about these things. She had assumed they all spoke some universal dialect they all understood; she couldn't help but wonder mildly if that was Freeza's native tongue…what did it matter anyway?

Goku winked one eye at her as the ship began moving, a knot formed in her throat, she had no time to be afraid before, but now, as she sat helpless in a ship full of people she did not know, it dawned on her that she had never rode on any other ship save the planet sized Saiyan purge ship three years before.

Goku was right, the ship took off light speed almost immediately and with no warning. She had to fight a wave of nausea as soon as they returned to normal speed.

Goku and Vegeta both left their seats immediately; she was too afraid and too stunned to do the same.

"Hey Bulma I'll show you around." Goku came over and began unstrapping her. Vegeta looked over; his expression was between astonishment and disgust. "Vegeta where's Bulma gonna sleep?" the third class asked oblivious to Vegeta's gaze.

"In your quarters... I'm sure your brother trust you'll behave." The prince said balefully.

"C'mon, be serious! What about the room by yours, that one's always empty." She could do nothing but just sit there and listen to them argue.

"Am I ever not serious? I mean it I haven't told Freeza we're not coming alone. I'll say she's your mate." Vegeta stated matter of fact.

"Why?" Goku's face shined with curiosity.

"What would you have me tell him…? 'Oh Freeza- sama this is the daughter of Trunks Briefs, she just wants to have some tea and pastries with him, we'll ship her right back to Vegeta-sei as soon as possible with all the secrets she stole so we can build weapons to kill you soon.'"

"Ok you don't have to be such an ass…but why mate? He won't buy it. I'm just a third class I don't get such privileges... Why not yours?" Goku gave her a look and then a smiled. "It's the perfect cover."

"You are a bigger moron than I thought. I have no idea how that idiotic Chivaa chose you over me... she must be stupid like you." Bulma gasped and Goku only brought his hand to the back of his head and said goofily.

"C'mon you don't have to be such an asshole about it." Bulma gasped again; this was bound to get ugly, although she'd never seen them interact before.

"Don't you remember "That" time in Freeza's throne room? Vegeta asked, suddenly looking ashamed, Goku thought for a second then suddenly his eyes sharpened and filled with rage.

"Don't tell me..."

"I have no intention of talking about it any further." Vegeta halted, his hand stopping Goku from saying anything else. Bulma could feel the tension, Goku's body started shaking with rage and his face became something she's never seen in him before, it scared her... this side of him, whatever they were talking about had to be very deep.

"Ok, Bulma-chan, I guess we get to be roomies." He switched gears just like that and became his happy go lucky Saiyan self once more. Vegeta just glared in her direction.

"The trip takes about a week; providing conditions are optimal...I recommend you get used to him, that is if you haven't already," The prince said walking away.

"Ouji-sama..." Bulma got out of her trance just in time to stop him; Vegeta turned fixing her an annoyed look. "Thank you...I know you normally don't do these kind of things, I...I just want you to know how grateful I am." Her voice low and her eyes to the floor, she couldn't bring herself to look at him in the eye, not yet at least... too many memories, too much hurt.

"You need not thank me; I am doing it for Briefs. I'm sure he'd like to see you...you... I could care less." With these sour words he walked away, leaving her the bitter taste of them behind.

"Then thank you for caring for my father." If he heard, he gave no sign of it. She felt Goku's hand on her shoulder.

"Come I'll show you our room."

"But why do we have to say we're mates...why not slave?"

"I'm a third class I don't get to have slaves, even Freeza knows that."

"But I thought Saiyans didn't mate non Saiyans."

"I guess for a third class would seem fit...anyways didn't Raditz mate you?"

"We're not mated yet." She lowered her gaze, ashamed of it; to all others it would seem she was using Raditz, playing with his feelings even... but it went so much deeper than that.

"But Raditz had a slave." She added changing the subject.

"He's first class."

"How can you tell?" Bulma asked curiously, it always amazed her how they based everything on the classes.

"When we're born our strength gets measured and classes are given. Raditz was a lot stronger than me when he was born." Goku said simply, no resentment whatsoever in his voice.

"But you are stronger now." She stated

"Who told you that?" Goku turned to her and gave her one of his goofy smirks.

"He did." She responded seriously.

"He's a lot smarter though." He tried justifying his brother, like it mattered somehow the difference in strength between them.

"But Saiyans base everything on strength alone." This conversation was proving more interesting than Bulma cared to admit. Raditz always gave her the run around on the matter every time she asked, and Chivaa always wound up talking about how egotistical elites were and how wonderful Goku was.

"Once you're given a class, you stay that way 'till the day you die. I don't care...look at me, I am Vegeta no Ouji's best friend, I got the most beautiful elite to mate with me, I will have a son with her... Hell! I got more than any elite does!" Again he laughed wholeheartedly.

"If you look at it that way... I guess you're right." How simplistic his way of thinking was. Was that the reason he was always so happy? Maybe she'd been wrong all along, maybe she should count her blessings instead of her heartbreaks, look at the bright side of things.

They came to a long corridor, with doors on either side. They stood at the beginning of it and Goku started pointing doors.

"The door at the end is the training room," even during trips they had to train, incredible race, Bulma thought in dismay, "that door next to it," he pointed to the door on the right, is Vegeta's room, the door across is a barrack and is shared by the off duty officers...those two are barracks too but they're empty most of the time, and the door next to Vegeta's room is ours," He started walking to it.

"Where is the Ouji now?" Bulma couldn't resist. He smirked at her mischievously.

"Probably training." Karrot-chan gave her a look very different from those she was used to. "C'mon I'll show you our room." He began walking to the room he previously pointed and Bulma followed, once inside she marveled at the spacious and lavish room...the room held only one bed.

"Not bad," Bulma said walking to the other side to look out the window like porthole, even if this was a war ship as Goku had simply put it earlier; it still was larger than it seemed at first glance and certainly a lot more comfortable. She turned to Goku, who was just standing there looking at her with curious eyes. "What?" she half laughed as the question was asked; Goku walked to the bed and sat on it, never taking his eyes off her.

"When are you going to tell him?"

"Tell him what...who?" Bulma didn't like the sound of this.

"About Trunks." Her heart skipped a beat...how the hell did he know? He was Vegeta's friend, Goku was not supposed to know...she'll kill Chivaa when she came back home. Now all she needed to do was convince Karrot-chan not to tell the Ouji. She opened her mouth to do just that but...

"Chivaa didn't tell me...Raditz did, I had my suspicions, and he confirmed them." He said as if reading her mind.

"I'll kill him." Bulma whispered enraged.

"Why...why won't you tell him?"


"I don't want to talk about it." she looked out the window for a long while and then added. "He doesn't need to know."

"Who are you to decide that?!" Goku's passion made her gasp; she didn't like this side of him...not one bit.

"I am Trunks' mother; I am also in love with your brother and he decided to adopt Trunks as his own." Bulma said almost apologetic.

"You are being unfair to both of them...you don't love Raditz that way and you're not giving Vegeta the chance to decide what he wants to do...he has all the right to know about his own flesh." Of all the people she'd picture having this conversation with...Kakarotto was not one of them.

"Shhhh...don't say that out loud... no he doesn't, you saw it yourself, he didn't even remember my name...he could care less, in fact he might even want to kill Trunks."

"He won't...and if he does, I won't let him, but still he has the right to know. And he did remember your name, probably his pride kicked in when he saw you with Raditz." Goku got up from the bed and walked to her, looking out the window as well.

"You have until we reach "Lodos" to tell him, if you don't...then I will." He began with no preamble

"You can't...you have no right...I'll never forgive you." Bulma rushed as tears of frustration pooled her blue eyes.

"I serve my prince...not you. I am sorry Bulma, but I'm on his side on this one." She couldn't hate him for it. In fact she was glad Vegeta had one true friend, but she desperately needed to make Goku see her point.

"Don't ruin both my life and Trunks. Vegeta is a prince, someday he will be king, your own father told me Vegeta couldn't mate non-Saiyans...couldn't have half-breeds. Trunks will definitely be killed."

"If I know Vegeta like I think I do, he would kill everybody on Vegeta-sei just so he can change that...why don't you give him a chance?"

"I can't." She let it all go and began crying, but Goku continued mercilessly.

"Look at what he's doing for you...you think there will be no repercussions for this? Freeza will probably punish him...but for your sake, he's risking himself so you can see your dad."

"Karrot-chan," she whispered, "no more..." the tears kept their descent down her features.

"I will tell you this...Freeza has not been very accommodating towards Vegeta, in fact..." Goku stared ahead blindly, as if listening for something.

"Kakarotto!"

"What is it Vegeta?"

"What the fuck are you doing...fucking?!"

"I'm showing Bulma around."

"How fucking long does that take...I want you here in the training room right now!"

"Alright I'm on my way." He looked at Bulma again. "I gotta go...Vegeta is calling me." He went to the door.

"Calling you?!" Bulma asked confused.

"Yeah...in my head, oh I forgot, you Chikyuu-jin don't have mental links." Goku said once again being his happy go lucky self.

"Oh gods...does Vegeta know what we were talking about?!" she asked scared.

"I don't think so." And he was gone.

+++

"What the hell took you so long?" Annoyed Vegeta stared at his subject.

"C'mon Vegeta, cut me some slack, we just got here." Goku responded laughing off the sour stare.

"I don't know where you come from...but I come from a planet oppressed by one tyrant that I want to kill very painfully, and for that I need to train every waking moment." Vegeta assumed his fighting stance.

"I know...I come from the same planet, I was just showing Bulma around."

"The woman can walk around on her own, just because I agreed to this, does not mean we will go out of our way for her."

"You don't really want her wondering around do you Vegeta...you know what can happen to her." Kakarotto added with an awed tone, he could not believe Vegeta didn't care if Bulma got raped or worst.

"Her choice, that isn't any of our business... come Kakarotto, let's not waste time on that whore any longer." Lunging at the third class Vegeta commenced his attack.

"It is my business, I promised Raditz I would take care of her." Kakarotto said in that idiotic manner of his, while blocking Vegeta's powerful attacks.

"You do that on your own time...not mine, really Kakarotto you are more of a moron than I thought, I get no pleasure in knowing that I was betrayed over a fool like you."

"How long are you planning to keep that over my head?" Kakarotto launched a series of kicks of his own; Vegeta had a hard time evading them. This is exactly what he needed, the training he had gotten was nothing in comparison to the excitement and exhilaration hand to hand combat could bring...hmph maybe getting over the woman would not be so hard, just as long as he kept his mind on the fight.

"As long as I want, if you have a problem with that... you know what you have to do Kakarotto." Vegeta gave the lower class an ugly grin. Kakarotto let his anger get the better of him.

"She's my mate now and soon the mother of my son, so you better watch it!" He snapped infuriated and watched as his prince's grin grew.

"Or else what?! She's more stupid than I thought...hmph like father like daughter, I guess."

"Take it back!" Kakarotto shouted, his face contorted in rage flaying towards the prince. Vegeta had to levitate to avoid getting pounded, a cowardly thing to do but...

"You can say whatever you want to me...but Chivaa, you leave out of it." Vegeta's goading had granted him more than he bargained for, an enraged Kakarotto meant a good workout, but he was not about to let the moron tell him what to do, especially a moron he can defeat with his eyes close.

"I can do what ever I want period... you fool!" and plunging down the two titans commenced a blood duel of kicks, punches, ki blasts and anything at their disposal to prove the other their worth.

+++

Bulma sat on the bed drying her tears, how did it get like this? She didn't need this bullshit, all she had ever wanted was to be happy, first with the prince, now with Raditz, but somehow things always seemed to go wrong for her. She pulled her comp link computer and dialed the all too familiar frequency. Chivaa's face came on almost instantly.

"Hey!" The tall elite smiled upon seeing her friend. "I didn't think you'd call me so soon." Even through the monitor the woman beamed, Bulma knew the feeling well, she had had some problems at first but when everything was settled and she moved in with Raditz, she had enjoyed her pregnancy tremendously.

"I wasn't," Bulma replied. "I wanted to get set up and work a bit on my research, but something came up and I need your help. How's Trunks, does he miss me?" Her blue eyes sparkled at the thought of her little one.

"He hasn't had time to miss you Bulma, you just left... but what's the matter?"



"Goku knows about Trunks, he will tell Vegeta as soon as we reach the Lodos if I have not told the prince myself by then...you know what that would mean right?" The tears almost falling anew.

"How... I mean when... I didn't tell him Bulma." Came the shaky reply from the other side.

"I know. Raditz did, but never mind that. I need you to talk to him tell him not to do it. If there's somebody he'll listen to that's you Chivaa."

"Of course I will. I cannot believe he'd do something like that!"

"I don't blame him, he means well, but I can't afford Vegeta to know of Trunks, I know he'll kill my baby." The tears did fall and Chivaa looked on helplessly at her friend suffer.

"Don't worry Bulma, I'll take care of it, I promise. Where is he?"

"Thanks..." An explosion shook the ship; Bulma had to grab a hold of the bed not to fall flat on the floor.

"What's the matter?" Chivaa asked with a worried look on her face.

"I have no idea," Another explosion, "I have to go...kiss Trunks for me." And the monitor went off.

"What the hell...?" Bulma said out loud and went out of the room, nothing seemed amiss, there was none of the commotion she thought there might be. It was her first space trip, but that explosion did not seemed normal at all. She made her way down the hall to look for Goku, again awed at the tranquility of the place. Another bang and its respective tremor, at this she had to hold on to the wall, lest she'd fall. It didn't take a genius to realize which room all the commotion was coming from, probably that explained why the rest of the crew did not pay it any mind to it. She felt curiosity as never before, the prospect of seeing them fight was too appealing to let pass... of course it was Goku she wanted to see, or at least if she repeat it to herself enough times it may seem true after a while.

She went to the door and very conspicuously pushed it open a bit, she could hear the clashes and their voices talking very aggressively in some sort of language she did not understand, but could not see them. Vegeta seemed to be making fun of Goku almost, and Karrot-chan's voice was something she'd never heard before. Another little push and he door opened a little further, this time she could see Vegeta had Goku in a headlock, she gave an small involuntary gasp and was about to enter the room to try and stop the prince from choking her friend, but was halted when Goku elbowed Vegeta in the gut and sent him flying a few yards away. Karrot-chan's eyes were rimmed red with rage and he kept on shouting in that strange tongue, Vegeta gave a laugh and Goku fired at the prince, she gave another gasp and this time Goku turned and said something she could not understand, and before she could even answer he fired a ki blast in her direction. She was frozen solid, there was nothing to do, even with her limited understanding of their powers she knew there was no way she could move in time to avoid the inevitable. She closed her eyes shut and said a little prayer to Trunks.

"Be well, grow strong, and die with honor." How many times had she heard those words from every Saiyan to happen to her and Trunks? It had sounded stupid, but now at the hour of her death it seemed the right thing to say to her child. Then strong arms were holding her and she felt herself being lifted and quicker than she could draw breath, moved elsewhere. She opened her eyes hesitantly and was faced with the beautiful profile of her prince.

"Are you alright woman?" He asked not looking at her, instead fixing Goku a punishing stare. "Are you trying to make me look like I cannot keep my word to her mate?" Vegeta said once more speaking the language used on Vegeta-sei, "Or you just that dumb?" Goku came at once and was holding her hand; his face looked so pained it almost brought tears to her eyes.

"God Bulma... I am so sorry, I didn't know it was you, I didn't mean to...Oh God I could have killed you..."

"Hmph, and you tell me to take back my insults," she looked up at Vegeta, drawing a little closer so that the arm he still had around her shoulder fell to her back. He immediately recoiled as if just now realizing he had not let her go, leaving her once again cold, and took a step back so he could give her his most baleful stance, looking down his nose with powerful arms across his chest.

"Needless to say, don't ever walk into Saiyans in training... hasn't your mate told you that?" She shook her head no without meeting his gaze, his touch still sending shivers through her.

"Bulma I... I'm sorry." Goku said again with a defeated smile.

"I wish I could be the one to tell your brother what a lousy job at caring for his mate you're doing Kakarotto, but if he knows you any, I think he already knows." Goku gave Vegeta a pleading look as the prince walked away and out the door.

"I'm sorry..." he mouthed again.

"Are you still on his side?" her voice not her own.

"Yes."

+++

"Captain another shipment was intersected two hours ago." Celipa said lowly to the Saiyan sitting on his desk staring out the window. It had been a few hours since the Ouji's ship parted to Freeza's base and it had been that long that Raditz had sat on that chair without saying a word, he didn't move beside the once in a while stare at the com link monitor. Mousroum had told her not to bother him right now, but if there was a time of need and weakness, this had to be it; if she played her cards right she might walk out a winner.

"What do we do captain?" Celipa asked in the same low voice.

"Where is Mousroum?" Raditz said after a while never taking his eyes off the window.

"Training."

"Why aren't you doing the same?"

"I wanted to inform you of the new developments."

"I have people to do that," Raditz said shifting his gaze to her, "I know what you're planning...forget it." His gaze shifted back to the outside. Celipa pursed her lip in a frustrated attempt to keep her cool, but after a while it became too much for her to bear.

"Why...why are you so obsessed with that alien? I mean you were obsessed with that elite for who knows how long, and never, ever even tried to get her to bed, or to even tell her what you felt, and then this whore comes in and not only does she ensnares you, but holds the Ouji by the balls, and even Vegeta no Ou does her bidding...what is it about that weak bitch that has everyone bending to her will?!" Raditz was on her in an instant holding her against the wall by the throat.

"I fought Vegeta no Ouji for insulting her, don't think for a minute I will allow you to talk all this trash without punishment!" His fingers tighten on her neck.

"What are you going to do captain...kick everyone's ass who dares to speak of her?! She went with him, with Vegeta-sama, the father of her brat!" Raditz let her go and she dropped on the floor gasping for air.

"How...how do you know that?" Raditz voice was strangled.

"I head you when you told your brother." She got to her feet and walked to him, "Give her up...she is already lost to you and you know it..."

"Raditz..." the monitor came to life and Bulma's voice filled the room, he immediately went and answer.

"Bulma?!"

"Hey, sorry I didn't get to you sooner but I had a little altercation with your brother." Bulma's face took a worried look, Raditz could see that and wished for the thousandth time that he had set his foot down and not let her go.

"With Kakarotto...what happened?" He knit his brow, looking as worried as she did.

"Can you talk?" He shifted his gaze to Celipa as if remembering just now she was there. "Hold on," he muttered into the monitor. "Get out!" sharply addressing the other. Raditz gave her a look of pure resentment. It took Celipa all her will power not to grab that monitor and smash it to the ground. "This isn't over... I will kill you very painfully if you so much as breathe a word about this."

"Yes my lord." Celipa bowed low in mockery and went to the door, "and to think I had so much respect for you, you're nothing but an alien whipped weak excuse for a warrior..."

He did not answer to this, everyone was entitled to their opinion, all he wanted to do was talk to Bulma. Celipa ... he would deal with the bitch later.

"How's everything so far?" He asked as soon as the door closed behind the Saiyan woman.

"The ship is huge and everybody talks a language I cannot understand, even Goku and Ouji-sama," she gave him a small smile, "but that is the least of my problems."

"What problems?"

"Did you ever think what would happen if you told Goku about Trunks?" Her face became dark once more, "He will tell Vegeta if I don't."

"What?! Fucking bastard." The rage he felt could contest few other times...why had he told the moron, he should have known that he would take the prince's side.

"He gave me until we reach Lodos to tell him...you realize I cannot do that Raditz, Vegeta will kill Trunks."

"Of course I know what would happen...don't worry; I will talk to my brother, you just continue your research, see to your father and come back to me soon."

"That is the plan, I already talked to Chivaa, if there is someone to persuade Karrot baka-chan is her."

"Ah! Fitting name," Raditz laughed, "I got a little situation here as well, but nothing I cannot handle, don't worry just be well, I...I miss you already." At this admission the tall Saiyan blushed.

"Me too, I'll contact you tonight so we can really talk, keep me posted on anything and everything concerning Lodos."

"Be well..." Raditz touched the monitor.

"You too," Bulma touched back.

+++

'Watcha doin'?" Goku came in the room as she ended her transmission to Raditz.

"Nothing much, I was just checking up on Raditz." She said putting away her comlink.

"Sorry about before...are you still mad at me?" Goku sat on the bed next to her.

"I was never mad at you; I should be the one to be sorry for spying on you, especially

since I know better, but never mind that...what's wrong with you?" She came closer to inspect his face; there were traces of bruises there.

"What do you think? I got beat up and then put in a tank, that's why I couldn't come right away."

"Beat up?" Her eyebrow went up.

"Yeah..." Goku laughed, "Vegeta got me good." Putting his hand behind his head he continued laughing innocently.

"I cannot get over how you guys seem to solve every problem. For a race so advanced you sure are primitive when it comes to discussion."

"Hey! That's the way of the warrior." Goku said solemnly. "Anyhow, see what I told you before, Vegeta still cares otherwise he would have let you get pulverized by me."

"That's a load of crap and you know it, he just wants to keep face with Raditz."

"Bulma... anyways I will not sit here and tell you things you should already know, like I said, you got until we reach Lodos..."

"About that, is not happening and if you even think about telling him I'll..."

"I said I will not talk about it, now, tell me about this thing you guys are researching, Vegeta mentioned something about it and made fun of me because I didn't know what he was talking about."

"Why do you put up with him Goku?" It was a sincere question, of all the people who took abuse from the prince, Goku must be the one who gets it the most.

"He's my friend," He said simply.

"Friends don't put down other friends, friends don't beat up their friends, and they certainly don't make fun of them." She was remembering all the times she'd heard Vegeta degrading him.

"That's the way he is...I don't mind, if he didn't acted that way I'd be worried."

"But why do you take it, you're strong you can kick his ass and show him who's boss."

"I am strong, but a man needs a lot more than strength to get by. Vegeta, besides being the prince and deserving respect for that fact alone, has something very few of us have." Goku said pensive.

"And that is...?" Bulma asked curious to know what Mr. goofy-kun thought.

"He's got cunning, reserve, he can collect himself and think things through from all angles before acting out of rage like the rest of us, he can come up with strategies and execute them right in the battle field, he's just...smart." Bulma's jaw almost dropped, Goku surprised her every time, she never thought he could come up with such eloquent and articulate opinions, she has misjudged him and there was a lot more to the man that met the eye.

"Are you still crying from the ass kick I gave you, moron?" Vegeta's voice came from a speaker somewhere in the room, "or are you plotting on how to get rid of the woman to make me look like fool?" Goku winked his eye at her putting his forefinger to his lips signaling her to be quiet.

"Bulma no...Please don't do that...I can't... Raditz... what about Raditz?" He said in a horny voice throwing a few moans in between, "Bulma...stop..."

"KAKAROTTO!" Vegeta's yell came on the speaker, "What the fuck are you doing!?" And the young third class burst out laughing much to her amazement.

"How's that Vegeta... do you think Raditz will buy it? Ooh I bet he's gonna roll on the floor from jealousy aha, aha, I bet he'd meet me in Lodos to kill me." He said holding his gut laughing. "How come you used the communicator?" Goku asked winking an eye to her.

"What ...because I felt like it, I don't need a reason for anything I do fool!" Once again Goku laughed and she could swear Vegeta was steaming on the other side of the line.

"Do you want another trip to the tanks!?" Vegeta's voice sounded none too pleased, "I...I don't even know what to say you half the time you fucking moron!"

"Just say you thought I was doing Bulma...how would you like it if I took your other woman from you?" to this she let out a small gasp, these guys were vicious.

"What you said... what was that, is the woman there with you?!"

"No she's not, you heard what I said Ouji-sama." he winked at her again.

"Get you're ass over the cockpit right this instant or I'll rearrange that ugly face of yours so that even that whore you call mate won't recognize you."

"Fine, I'm on my way...Vegeta-sama." the last part was said with amused sarcasm,

"See we're cool." He said to her giving her a little pat on the head, she was too stunned to say anything, he got up and put on his armor as he made his way to the door. "Stay here, don't you go wondering around, I don't want to have to tell Raditz you got raped or something." He opened the door stepping out.

"Goku...!" Bulma called.

"Yeah?"

"What did you mean by "taking your other woman from you"?"

"Exactly that...although Chivaa was never his woman, I mean he didn't want her and they didn't...y'know, so I guess your right, you're his only woman." And with another wink of his eye he left the room.

+++

Goku laughed the whole way to the cockpit, they were so easy to read it was not even funny, it seemed to him that it would be a lot easier to play match maker that he had imagined, he remembered the face Bulma gave him when he started fooling around with Vegeta's mind. 'Sorry Raditz... but this woman was never really yours' Goku thought bitterly, but he knew his brother was a survivor and would live through it, plus he had that woman who worshiped the ground he walked on...what was her name... Celpia or something...hmph, people thought him stupid and a lot of times that served him just as well because they let the most interesting things slip, thinking he was too dumb to notice.

'Well phase one of the plan was set, now all he needed to do was goad them enough so that Vegeta and Bulma might actually get back together.

+++

"And for the next few weeks, hopefully it doesn't take her that long to come back, we'll be mainly working on the adamantium, I want to have a good report to submit to her." Bardock glanced at the ones in the room, he could feel the tension, the skepticism, he didn't know how much everyone looked up to Bulma until now, it seemed the team felt...lost now that she was gone, and this was only the first day. He himself was not sure of the progress they could make without her, he was good at what he did, but he was...well a warrior before anything else. He noticed also that Raditz and Chivaa kept exchanging looks, as if they had something to say to each other. The scarred man gave a deep sigh and mentally prepared himself for the longest most stressed weeks of his life. It didn't help either the conference he had with the Ou right after Bulma and the other's left...

+

"You must be wondering why I sent for you." Vegeta no Ou sat on his throne.

"Yes Ou-sama, I am." Never had he been summoned by the King personally, he'd been with him at meetings and such, but never alone with the man.

"The day of my celebration I got a disturbing call from Freeza, I do not know what to make of it, but I thought since you know Bulma the best you might be able to help me understand tings better." Bulma? Thought Bardock, what does Bulma had to do with anything, and why would Freeza know about her. Bardock nodded his head for the Ou to continue, there was no sense in wondering the man would tell him soon enough.

"For some reason he's having the brat followed, I know that freak has been after Vegeta since the first time he took him under his wing, it was not the most fatherly thing I have ever done...letting him go at such young age that is, but the threat of extinction at the lizards hand was very real, is very real still." The king paused a few seconds as if searching for words, then continued. "I know none of this concerns you, but I want to know the real reason why Raditz took the Chikyuu-jin as mate. I won't tell you what Freeza said to me other than he came across as very suspicious, but I will tell you that I find my brat's reactions towards Bulma and Raditz very disturbing. Raditz is your oldest son and can make his own decisions, also he is a very valued agent in our ranks; but mating an alien is something that a father would not have allowed unless there was a very powerful reason, my question to you is...what was that reason?" Bardock met the king's eyes, it was not something one might usually do, but it seemed the only thing to do. He was presented with a big dilemma, he could not possibly tell the Ou the truth, but he could not fool the man either, even as detached as he was from all their activities he had noticed as much; he would have to be very cautious on what he said.

"Ou-sama, I know as much as you do as to why Raditz mated Bulma, I did oppose in the beginning, but like you said he is grown and ultimately can make his own mind, as far as Vegeta Ouji...I have no idea, I..."

"Cut the crap Bardock!" The king snapped, "If I wanted a report, I would have sent for one in writing, I want to hear the truth. I might come across as cold and calculating, I might even seem as if I do not care about my heir...but I do, he is the only thing I have left from Telsa." Vegeta no Ou bore his eyes to Bardock's. Just as he thought, he could not fool the king, he'd just have to tell him enough of the truth to calm him, but not enough to cause Bulma and Trunks any danger.

"I do not understand why do you care about all this, or why it is so relevant."

"Freeza said a few things that got me worried, and I know your other son is involved with Chivaa as well as I know Vegeta is aware and did not do a thing about it. If he does not care to punish them it is none of my concern, but given his pride I need to understand why. Bulma is a very indispensable part of our plans and I respect her as I respect few. Chivaa once told me my brat knew of her weapons expertise, but yet when Vegeta was here he seemed to know none of it, and further more; there is an animosity between your brat and mine that should not exist." Bardock was baffled, so much the Ou had put together, it wouldn't surprise him at all if he asked about Trunks.

"I feel it is my duty to tell you everything I know... but at the same time I don't think we should meddle in their lives, I owe loyalty to you as my King, to Raditz and Bulma as my kin and to Vegeta no Ouji as the strongest of us and someday our ruler, but with all due respect I think we should concentrate our efforts on the adamantium and the weapons we are working on and leave the childish bickering of our young for them to solve." He prepared himself for the worst, he had just told the King what to do, if that didn't grant him a sound beating, it would be isolation for who knows how long.

"I respect your decision. It is both sound and noble, although I don't think you understand that this childish bickering could be our undoing...Where is Bulma? Perhaps she would be able to explain all this better." Bardock froze, they had not told the Ou about her leaving with Vegeta Ouji to see her father...shit, why was he always the one to get stuck with these things?

"She's off planet Ou-sama." Bardock said almost afraid.

"Off planet, doing what?"

"She went with my son and Vegeta-Ouji so that she could see her father." Bardock got ready for the hounding questions that would sure follow.

"I see." was all the King said, which the scarred man did not like at all. "You are dismissed."

"Ou-sama..." Bardock was silenced by the Ou's halted hand, which meant they were done talking; only the gods knew what was going through the man's mind

+

Looking at Raditz and Chivaa now, Bardock could not help but feel a little apprehensive about the whole thing, he should have told the King everything and let it be what it must, but no, he just gave the man something to think about and he dreaded to imagine what would his reaction be if he got to the bottom of things. If only they had aborted Trunks, things would not have gotten this complicated, but then again harming the boy now was unthinkable...hmph and to think that he had been more than ready to kill his own spawn, long ago when he thought Kakarotto was brain dead, and now here he was caring for a boy that was not even his blood.

"Come back soon Bulma and may the gods help us once this whole thing blows over."

+++

A/N I am so sorry to make all wait this long, this is the first part of the chapter, which I'm posting now so I won't make you wait another couple of months, the rest of the chappy is well under way and will be posted soon.