Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Meant To Be ❯ Destinies Reunited (Part III) ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own DBZ or any of its characters

Many, many thanks to my wonderful beta Flamingo6584. All her I input and encouragement made this chapter possible.

Destinies Reunited: Part Three

They sat at the dinning table, just the three of them. Bulma felt so awkward not speaking to her newfound enemy, and Vegeta... well that was obvious The dinning hall was huge and they felt so out of place in there. The table was full of food just for the three of them, fit for an army. Goku devoured everything within his reach and a purring sound of contentment could be heard from somewhere within him. `How could he?' she thought as she watched him, repulsed by what she observed. After their bitter conversation, he had the audacity to act as if nothing happened. Although, as long as he didn't "accidentally" say anything he shouldn't about Trunks, she could care less whether they talked or not.

Vegeta, on the other hand, just sat there and picked at the food on his plate, obviously feeling as uncomfortable as she did.

"Are you going to eat any of that?" Goku asked, already grabbing the last piece of meat from a plate in front of him.

"No" Vegeta answered, knowing the question had been directed at him; although it was very clear Goku didn't require an answer. The third class smiled already devouring the roast. Bulma looked at him disgusted. How is it possible that she had liked him so much and now felt as if she could cut his throat with the same knife he was using to cut his food? She felt not only disgusted at the fact that he was acting as if nothing happened, but also at the fact that he defied her in everyway possible way, daring her to make a wrong move… why the hell did he care? She was trying her best to ignore it, but the more she thought about it, the more she wanted to kill him.

"Is the food not good enough for you woman?" Vegeta startled her with the dry question. Goku looked at her and smirked while happily continuing attacking his own plate.

"Of course not Ouji-sama! Its just that I am not very hungry." She replied looking down at her plate and picking up the fork.

"You should try to eat something while you can, I must warn you, the food at Lodos isn't half this good. I have no idea how Briefs hasn't died of starvation yet." Vegeta continued absently, eating some fruit himself. At the mention of papa she could not help but steal a glance at the man who caused her so many sleepless nights. She wanted to ask him so many things about papa, but of course in their current situation it was impossible.

"I usually work all day long, nibbling here and there. Sitting down at a set table is not something I'm very used to," she said ignoring all the questions in her head then grabbed a piece of meat, she might have liked it at some other time, but now it tasted like sand in her mouth.

"I should like to see what papa has found in his research," She said breaking the awkward silence that was killing her. The tension could be cut with a knife, but the only one who didn't seem to be bothered by any of it was Kakarotto.

"Not much as far as I know." Vegeta responded absently, not looking at her.

"Did he tell you this, or is this what he told you to tell Freeza?"

"I don't know what Freeza was told as far as his research goes. The metal is unyielding. Even with my own strength I was not able to brake a piece of it to bring back to Vegeta-sei."

"I can't believe nobody told me what was going on," added Goku all of a sudden. She looked the other way biting her tongue.

"I wonder why," Vegeta said sarcastically.

"What do you mean? I could have helped… I still can"

"I seriously doubt it," Bulma said, not able to contain herself.

"As per your request we are not on speaking terms Bulma-san. I would appreciate it if you refrain from directing any comment to me." Goku said matter-of-factly looking straight ahead while cutting something on his plate. Vegeta raised a brow but said nothing. Knowing where this was going Bulma kept her mouth shut as well. "Anyways," Goku continued looking at the Prince " I know I'm not knowledgeable as far as science goes, but I could have done something. I feel so betrayed!"

"That's because they don't trust you Kakarotto," Vegeta replied, wanting to know what direction this was heading. Bulma could see the craftiness in his eyes.

"I know! I'm beginning to feel the same way! I mean Chivaa, the woman I mated, kept such a thing from me… that among other things." `Dammit he was doing it again!' supposed Bulma. It was so hard for her to sit there and listen without being able to yell at him what she thought: People keep things from you because you are evil!

"She was too busy fucking you to tell you anything Kakarotto." Vegeta smirked at the third class, for the first time looking and sounding more like the Vegeta she remembered from those first fated encounters.

"Is that all you have in your head Vegeta?" Goku turned to his superior and asked. It took a lot for the Ouji not to burst out laughing, or hit him square on the face.

"I think about training and eating too," added Vegeta snidely.

"You need to get laid and give it a rest already." Goku continued with the same seriousness he had all along. "Why don't you take advantage of the female on board… you did it once." Goku's tone changed to sarcasm mixed with challenge. Bulma was shocked and enraged, and before reason told her otherwise she grabbed one of the heavy metal plates and hit him square on the head with it.

"I have had it with your comments you fucking bastard! Come clean already and stop playing games! C'mon say what you have to say and be a man for the first time in your miserable life! I'm not taking this shit from you anymore!" Goku turned quickly and grabbed her wrist wringing it "lightly" until she let go of the plate. Their eyes met and all the hate she could muster reflected on his eyes.

"Kakarotto!" Vegeta yelled as a chair flew and the third-class was thrown backwards by the prince, hitting the wall forcefully. "What the fuck is wrong with you two?!" Vegeta's eyes narrowed into slits.

"Ask her!" Goku spat in her direction.

"Ask her what? I don't have anything to ask this woman. And I suggest whatever it is that happened between you two gets solved right now! I will not suffer this disrespect every time I have a meal!" Vegeta sauntered to where Goku landed, roughly picking him up and throwing him towards Bulma. He ended up right at her feet. Bulma was amazed that Goku didn't even try to defend himself from the physical abuse, but instead he just took it as if it was natural.

"Excuse me Ouji-sama," She said bowing and turning to leave. "I think I should start taking my meals in my room," she added as an after thought.

"Our room…roomie." Goku smirked maliciously. She shot him a stare that made him smirk wider.

"You will sleep in the room next to mine!" roared Vegeta to Goku.

"Why? I want to stay in my room." Goku protested.

"Your room is wherever I say it is! I will not have you both together! I need this woman alive until I give her back to Raditz. After that you can do whatever the hell you want." Bulma turned her head from one to the other disbelievingly. They were so cold and uncaring, if she felt sorry for them before, she certainly didn't now. They deserve to rot alongside Freeza. She bolted out of the dining room without looking back until she was safely locked in her room and sprawled on the bed sobbing like a little girl.

+

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Vegeta asked as he turned to Kakarotto after the woman left the room.

" I wish I could tell you… but it is not my place to," the younger man answered simply.

"Are you…in love with her?" questioned Vegeta gravely. "Not that I care, but you are being rather obvious," he added quickly. Kakarotto's face undertook a change the prince has seen very few times. It was somewhere between surprise and horror.

"I would go talk to her if I were you," Kakarotto said not answering the question.

"Why?"

"I just would."

"What is it between you two? It seems to me that you do not want her to be part of your family."

"I don't. Don't get me wrong I do like her. It's just so many other things."

"Like what?" Vegeta seemed to be getting tired of the conversation and wishing Kakarotto would make his point.

"Like the fact that you are still in love with each other, but are too stubborn and hard headed to admit it or do something about it," Kakarotto added looking straight at the Ouji's eyes.

"I'd stop if I were you," Vegeta warned.

"Why, because I'm telling the truth and you are too afraid to come clean?"

"Kakarotto, listen to me. Whether it is true or not is none of your concern. If that is the reason you're acting like a spoiled brat then I suggest you get yourself under control, we have serious business to take care of. We are at a point where we cannot afford to play games and we need the woman to continue her research. I will not have you antagonizing her!" said Vegeta in a menacing tone.

"Ok, I'll stop, but I'm telling you, you should at least talk to her," Kakarotto insisted.

"Enough of this!" Vegeta warned, and left the dinning hall.

+++

Raditz got up and left without a word, Celipa stayed in the bed in silence, she'd marked him and there was nothing he could do now… no where to go, no where to hide my love… she thought happily. He belonged to her and no one else. She smirked into her pillow satisfied; happiness has never felt so keen as in this very moment. She thanked the Legendary for the millionth time for her turn of fortune. You can go for now Raditz, think, put your thoughts in placeI will give you time…all the time you need my love

+

Raditz flew to his own home and submerged himself in the waters of his bath for hours, thinking, replaying all that had happened. He'd been so worried about Bulma betraying him with the Ouji, and look what happened in the very first day of her departure! What's worse is that he could not hide it from Bulma. `What the hell came over me?' he thought miserably. He'd never acted so irrationally. If there is one thing he was proud of is his capacity to remain calm and look at all possible courses of action before acting. `Keeping Celipa's mouth shut was not even worth breaking a sweat for, and look how I reacted, like a lap dog I fell right into her game.' Although, he had enjoyed Celipa as he hasn't enjoyed a woman in a long time; not even Bulma, his beautiful Chikyuu-jin angel was too frail. He always had to hold back afraid he would break her, but Celipa, on the other hand, had taken everything he gave her with open arms. He had been cruel on purpose and still the woman he'd known since childhood took it all and liked it. It felt so different from anything he'd experienced before. Is this what it feels like to be loved?

"What to do…what to do?" he asked himself. His only answer was the echo of his own voice in the room.

+++

I just got a transmission from Bulma. She said everything is alright and they should be in Lodos with no problems an a few days. I am so exited for her!" Chivaa sat at a desk inspecting a piece of adamantium under a microscope. Bardock let out a grunt and continued working on his own project. "I mean I was worried, but I feel a lot better now." Chivaa continued… still Bardock didn't comment. "What am I looking for here?" the tall elite asked.

"Any changes. I exposed the metal to several chemicals, I thought that might have change its make up a little." Bardock responded still looking through his own microscope.

"I mean weren't you worried?" questioned Chivaa.

"Right now I am worried about cracking this metal and developing a way to work with it. I could give two fucks about Bulma and the Ouji's happy reunion."

"So you are worried…" Chivaa smirked through her work.

"Of course I'm not! Whether she does or does not betray Raditz, she will always be like a daughter to me and Trunks will always be my grandson."

"Even if he becomes king someday?"

"Don't be stupid Chivaa! Trunks can never be recognized into the royal family. You know it, I know it and Bulma knows it too. If she is as smart as she thinks she is, she'll see that and stay clear of the Prince." Bardock responded uninterested.

"Well that can change once Vegeta becomes king."

"Chivaa!" Bardock said, looking up from his work. "Just shut up and do your work!"

"Any changes?" A voice startled the tall woman and made Bardock turn sharply. Raditz walked in the room holding several folders in one hand.

"Not really. Any new info?" Bardock asked in turn. There was something different about Raditz, Chivaa noticed but could not put her finger on what it was. It wasn't anything physical, but something was definitely different about him.

"All activities suddenly stopped," responded Raditz with grave sincerity. "It is peculiar for Frieza to abruptly end all testing and transporting… I have a very bad feeling about it."

"Don't say that!" Chivaa snapped suddenly. Raditz was known for his accuracy and usually if he said something didn't look good, then it didn't. The intelligence officer looked at her, wondering why she was eyeing him in such a strange way.

"How's Trunks?" he asked, ignoring her previous comment.

"Uh…he, he's fine. Missing Bulma, I guess. He got out of his bed about five times looking for her, I think." Chivaa responded.

"Good boy," Raditz said coming closer to them. "I'll leave this with you." He gave the folders to Bardock.

"What is this?" the older Saiyan asked.

"Info I put together I think you should take a look at."

"Isn't it classified?" Bardock asked, hesitant to take the folders.

"No," responded Raditz, not giving a reason.

"Are you alright Raditz?" Chivaa asked and gulped as he stared at her with a sinister expression.

"Yes, why do you ask?"

"I'm just wondering."

"I'm fine… let me know when you're done with that Tousan because I will need it back." Then he left as quietly as he came.

Bardock looked after him as if he didn't know him, "Did he just call me Tousan?" he asked in awe.

"Yes he did," Chivaa said staring blankly at the doorway in which Raditz had just exited.

+++

"Hi baby… Trunks look at mommy!" Bulma babbled and awed at her little bundle of joy, who didn't understand what was going on and tried to come through the screen. She missed him so much. Right after her incident with Kakarotto and Vegeta she cried herself to sleep, waking up the next morning home sick. She didn't want to see Trunks during the trip so as to not confuse him, but all the distress was proving to be too much for her weak heart to bear alone. Before she fell asleep, she decided not to leave her room until they reached their destination. No one bothered her after the episode, so she concluded that Kakarotto didn't tell Vegeta her little secret. "Who is mommy's little man?" she asked touching the screen. Trunks tried to lick her fingers with his little tongue, which made her laugh out loud. She needed to see her baby so badly, and will be counting the days until she gets back to him.

"Is that your child?" came a voice from behind her, startling her half to death. She turned around sharply and found herself face to face with Vegeta. He was standing at her doorstep leaning against the doorframe. "Sorry to have startled you. The door was partially open. I wanted to apologize for the fiasco last night."

"Ouji-sama," said Bulma, getting up quickly and turning the monitor off. She would have to explain the abrupt end to their conversation to Chivaa later. "Ah… well… yes, that is my child," she said lowly.

"Very good looking boy," added the prince candidly. "He looks just like you." He looked around the room uncomfortably, "May I?"

"Oh, of course, how rude of me." She motioned for him to come in. Vegeta sauntered into the room and stood close to the door. Once again he looked around uncomfortably, as if looking for something to say.

"You need not apologize Ouji-sama." Bulma said awkwardly.

" I do not know what happened between you and Kakarrot, but I hope it does not make you desist in helping us." Vegeta crossed his arms and stared into her deep blue eyes.

"I never said I wasn't going to. Whatever happened between me and Kakarotto is our business and our business alone." she replied vehemently. Vegeta bored his eyes into her, which made her feel weak all over.

"I do value you," Vegeta said in a low voice. "Perhaps more than I should." As the words escaped his lips he became uncomfortable at the way Bulma was looking at him. Bulma was shocked at the sudden display of emotion. He seemed different to her somehow. None of his usual arrogance and impetuosity showed. They stood staring at one another, each of them reflecting, waiting for the other to speak.

"Woman…"

"Ouji-sama," Both began at the same time.

"Go on," Vegeta insisted.

"No, please, you're the prince."

He regarded her coldly after that statement, but spoke nonetheless. "For what it is worth…I am sorry." He gruffly turned in order to leave the room.

"Vegeta…sama!" Bulma called, making him turn back to her. "I am sorry too. I mean about before… you know…"

"You need not explain yourself, I know what you mean. I too think is time for us to put the past behind us and be friends, for the sake of Vegeta-sei." Vegeta said lowly not expecting a reply, but staying in place.

"I don't know where it all went wrong, but you're right. For the sake of Vegeta-sei, we should put our differences aside. I, for one, never understood why you dislike me so much." Vegeta hardened his stare but Bulma kept her eyes to his, not backing down. She would not let him leave without an explanation.

"If you were mated to Raditz… you should have said so, instead of making a fool of me."

"A fool? I didn't do anything! If I recall correctly, you were the one who had me whipped, and left without a word after you had your way with me! Raditz and I weren't even friends at the time." Her eyes sparked with fire when all the memories of those days came back vividly to her, lashing out to engulf her heart once again.

Vegeta stood his ground, watching her balefully. "It wasn't that way. I didn't leave without a word-I was called by my father." Vegeta looked at the ground contemplating his next words. This woman was not reacting in the way he had planned. "It was a long time ago, so let's just forget about it." Vegeta continued feigning boredom.

"No let us not! You owe me an apology, and I am not letting you go until I hear one."

"I already said I am sorry! What else do you want from me, woman?"

"That you give me an honest, heart felt apology," declared Bulma.

"Are you saying I was not sincere?"

"You don't even believe yourself! You are not sorry. You still don't think you did anything wrong!" Bulma yelled frustrated.

"I didn't! I am Vegeta-sei next crown king, I take what I want when I want, even if it belongs to someone else. It's been that way since my birth. I don't have to be sorry, and I certainly do not have to apologize. I merely thought it would make things easier for everybody if I made peace with you, but I see now that you are nothing but a vulgar earth woman who is too simple-minded to realize that." Vegeta's tone was rising as well.

"Too simple-minded? The only simple-minded one around here is you… you stupid monkey! You don't go around fucking women left and right and then acting as if nothing happened. You disgust me, all of you!!" Tears began forming in her eyes, " If it wasn't because I have Trunks, I would have killed myself already."

"Humph… weak woman! You know what? Forget I said anything! I could care less about you helping us. I don't even know what that weak excuse for a Saiyan you call mate sees in you anyway. You and him can go to hell and burn in it together! You deserve each other! The weak man and the pathetic neurotic woman," he articulated, making a small bow and gesture with his hands before continuing with his cruel words. "I feel sorry for that brat of yours… but then again considering his parentage, how much potential can he really have?" Vegeta finished mockingly as he turned to leave.

So this is how he really felt, thought Bulma sadly. She refused to let him go with the last word. If he didn't care about her that was fine, but to call her pathetic and insult Trunks, was too low even for him. After all she's gone through because of him to hear these cruel words blinded her with fury. "Raditz is a hundred times the man you are!" Vegeta turned, toward her with murder in his eyes.

"What did you say?" His tone was so menacingly low, but she wasn't afraid. The rage and anguish that had built inside of her in all these months, and the words he just uttered to release them, made her feel invincible. She stood her ground deepening her eyes and speaking as low as he.

"You heard me…coward." Vegeta disappeared and the next thing she knew, she was being held against the wall, her feet hanging in the air, her air supply rapidly decreasing and Vegeta never looked so dangerous to her. For a second, fear made itself known to her in a whole new level. She tried to gulp, but it hurt to even try.

"Repeat that so that I can hear it well!" he spat as he tightened his grip around her neck. Bulma tried to speak, to spit in his face, to do something, but she could not. The pressure seemed to be increasing and was making her feel light headed. She brought her hands to his arm and tried ineffectively to free herself from his grasp… some ending for her. How ironic to think that Vegeta would be, even in the very end at the center of it all.

"That's right… kill me, you bastard," she was barely able to utter the words, "Prove me right… show me what a coward you are…" Bulma found herself flying in the air. She fell on her bed with such force that even the soft surface felt like concrete. She opened her eyes to see Vegeta walking slowly to her, his gaze as darker than before.

"Do you have any idea what I've gone through?" He waited for her to say something, but she felt frozen, unable to speak. "Of course not… while you've been enjoying yourself on Vegeta-sei, under my father's protection and under Raditz wing to keep you safe and sound, I have been living in hell every single day, but you wouldn't know nor care about that. To you, I am the bastard who robbed you of your pride; who took something so insignificant to you, but that meant so much to me. It wouldn't make any difference to you that I have not lived one day without thinking about that one night I spent with you, wishing things would have been different. Not one day since, have I not hated Raditz for taking you away from me…" He stopped, realizing he said too much. Bulma felt a gust of air and he was gone.

The tears ran down her face freely and she could not seem to be able to stop them. It had all been one ugly and twisted misunderstanding. He loved her; she saw it so clearly in his deep onyx eyes. She should have known and should have read between the lines back when Vegeta found her with Raditz and thought them lovers. She should have tried to explain it to him then, make him see the truth, begged for forgiveness, and told him about Trunks. Instead, she gave up and sought shelter in Raditz' arms-an innocent bystander who had nothing to do with her misfortune. She had been cruel to both of them and her selfishness could not be forgiven.

To think all their one short time together, had meant the same for him as it did for her made a hole in her heart, she felt like a monster, thinking all this time that he was the most horrible being alive, when she had been the monster all along. Still loving him more and more each day. And now that he tells her what he really feels, she couldn't do anything about it, her big mouth as always had ruined any chance for them beyond salvage.

Bulma hugged her pillow tight and cried until the tears wouldn't fall anymore. All night she replayed everything since the very first time they met… over and over… and the more she thought about it, the more she realized she was entirely to blame. Sometime during the night, Bulma came to a decision. She would give it one more try. Pride and dignity were worthless now, she would beg if she had to. Even if they could not be together, at the very least she had to make him listen to her. Forgiveness for betraying him would take time and it would be a long road, but one that she was willing to travel.

She made her way into the training room, thinking that would be the first place he would go. She was right. He was fighting with Kakarotto-driving him mercilessly to the ground. She stepped into the room unafraid. Getting hit by one of their ki attacks might be just what she deserved. Vegeta stopped in mid fight and turned with his back to her.

"Bulma!" Kakarotto sighed, out of breath, "Thank god you're here. I thought Vegeta was going to kill me!"

"Humph, you come from a weak pack. I was merely playing with you" Vegeta responded annoyed.

"Anyway, I'm tired and I'm going to sleep," Kakarotto said dismissively cracking his neck. "We have a long day tomorrow."

"You're not going anywhere until I say so!" the prince snapped.

"Goku… can I have a moment with Vegeta-sama… please?" Bulma said in a low voice.

"You can have all the moments you want, I'm beat."

"Ouji-sama?" she asked tentatively.

"Humph." As Goku walked out of the room he gave Bulma a strange but warm look, then gave her the thumps up and he disappeared out of sight.

"Ouji-sama…" Bulma began.

"Woman, I have nothing to speak to you about… leave."

"I… please give me two minutes of your time…I…"

"No, you are right, I am a coward… I cannot even kill one weak woman whose is not even worth my time. But don't push my buttons, because eventually your luck will run out." Vegeta turned to her, his eyes cold as ice.

"Could you please let me explain?"

"Do whatever you wish. I'm leaving." He walked past her but Bulma grabbed his arm in an attempt to keep him from going. He turned his cold eyes to her, but it was to late, she could already see that he was giving in.

"I know words are meaningless. I did you wrong and even if I had my reasons I have no excuse… I loved you…I still do…I…I, please Vegeta, don't hate me, I couldn't bear it." Although, she told herself she wouldn't cry, she broke down. She didn't want Vegeta to see her as weak and be disgusted, but she deserved it if he did. Still…it hurt so much.

Strong arms took hold of her, wrapping her like a warm blanket. Bulma felt his lips on her head and the embrace getting tighter, crushing her, but she didn't care. She could die happy right now, knowing that she had spoken her truth to her love.

"I don't hate you… how could I?" His arms eased and tender fingers lifted her chin to meet no longer cold eyes, and all the love she'd seen before, was nothing compared to what reflected in them now. Their lips sealed into a tender kiss that grew in intensity and need with each passing second. There were no words left; no more apologies or reproaches. Time stood still for just the two of them and the knowledge that nothing would separate them again. Vegeta held onto her tightly and levitated them both, never breaking the kiss. Bulma's head was spinning and if this was a dream she never wanted to wake from it. She felt something soft beneath her and she dared to open her eyes and look into his face. They were in his room; his scent was all around, making her dizzy. She closed her eyes again and took in a lung full of air.

"Don't… close your eyes, I want to see them," whispered the prince. Bulma smiled and covered the distance between their lips. They kissed long and hard, all the months apart; all the yearning they both felt made itself known, in every kiss, in every caress. He removed her clothes slowly, tenderly, no urgency.

"This time we will do it right." Vegeta whispered against her lips, his hands roaming over her heated skin. Bulma smiled, never feeling more sure about anything in her entire life. The love she felt for this man could only be compared to her love for Trunks

+.

They explored each other's bodies as if it were the first time, slow and tender, desperate and fierce. After both had their most intense climax, they lay holding each other, hearing the beatings of the other's heart. Vegeta sighed, satisfied and kissed her forehead tenderly.

"Vegeta… promise you will never leave me," Bulma said gravely.

"I never did," he responded kissing her again.

"Promise…"

"I promise… there is no power in this universe that could keep me away from you."

+++

The rest of the way to Lodos was considerably busy. During the day, Bulma worked relentlessly in her research. Vegeta let her utilize the labs discreetly, while he and Goku trained hard.

The nights were only for the two of them, no Freeza, no adamantium, no feelings of guilt plagued her. The only thing that existed was Vegeta and their feverish attempts to make up for lost time.

Exactly seven days after they departed from Vegeta-sei they landed in the distant and desolated land of Lodos.

+

"Freeza-sama, we descended on Lodos and are waiting for your orders." Vegeta spoke tonelessly into the giant screen in front of him.

"Why are you in Lodos? I was expecting you to report here first," Freeza's voice came suspiciously from the other end.

"Since I have been away for so long, I thought I'd come over and see what the scientist is up to. Put some pressure on him if I have to." Bulma could tell through his tough façade, Vegeta was scared; very scared… was Freeza that strong?

"Fine, since you are already there, see to it that Briefs is "comfortable" and doing what he's supposed to, then report here immediately," the pink monster said dismissively. "I cannot wait to see you Vegeta-chan." The last sentence was spoken with a mixture of candor and sarcasm; Bulma could feel Vegeta's trembling… what is going on? This isn't the Vegeta she knew

"Of course, Freeza-sama," Vegeta ended putting a fist on his chest and bowing slightly ending the transmission.

"What was that about?" Bulma asked looking at Vegeta's dead white face.

"Nothing. Let it be," said Goku taking her arm and guiding her out of the cockpit. She twisted herself loose and went to her love.

"It isn't nothing! Vegeta you're pale, what is the matter?" She held both his arms, he was just staring into nothingness, as if remembering something horrible. Then came out of it and stared into her puzzled face.

"Kakarotto is right…it is nothing. Go with him and stay in his room until I get back from seeing to your father." He gently removed himself from her grasp and walked to the door.

"What do you mean stay here?" Bulma screeched. "I'm going with you!"

"Woman, the labs are heavily guarded and monitored. I promise I will find a way to bring you two together, but you have to be patient."

"Be patient! I have not seen papa in over three years! Please don't ask me to do something I cannot," Bulma pleaded.

"Bulma!" Vegeta snapped sternly, "I will not say it again. You either stay here and wait, or I will take you back to Vegeta-sei! I will not put any of you in danger." She regarded him angrily, but let herself be led away by Goku to his room.

"Bulma," Vegeta called, "Thank you."

+++

"Briefs," Vegeta called as he came into the cell like room. He leaned against the doorframe and crossed his arms, the most comfortable he ever allowed himself to get, and observed the old man at work. "Any progress with the metal?" the prince asked as if he's seen the older Chikyuu-jin only moments before.

"Vegeta-kun!" Trunks Briefs got up from his computer to greet the Saiyan Prince. He seemed relived to see him. "I thought you would be back in a couple of weeks or so," the scientist said in an agreeable manner.

"I was going to wait...but..." Vegeta tried to look for a way to give the older man the news about the woman, but this was not the kind of thing he was comfortable doing, and it was proving to be a lot harder than he thought.

"I did find something that might help us delay the research."

"I don't want to talk about that now." Vegeta fixed his gaze on the man.

"Oh are we...?" Briefs looked around the room as he spoke.

"No, at least I don't think so. That is not why I am here." He didn't know why, but he was finding very difficult to just blurt it out. "I brought someone important to you." Vegeta looked at the old man in the eye. "First, let me start by saying that I am very sorry for what we did, and that if she resents our race in any way...she is right on all accounts to do so, but as far as I can tell she is happy now and very respected in my world, if I may add." Vegeta ended with a little knot in his throat, especially after saying that she was happy. Briefs only looked on confused. "Bulma came with us to see you," blurted Vegeta with no fanfare or warning to the old man's weak heart. Briefs looked on, and then as realization hit him and he narrowed his eyes.

"I do not know what sick game you are playing, or how you know the name of my daughter, but ..." Of all the reactions Vegeta had anticipated, this was not one of them. He thought they had some sort of trust, even if they did not share the same values or ideas. He thought they had, at least, respect for each other...how could this man think he would steep so low as to lie about something so sacred?

"I am not lying to you," he said in a small voice. Not wanting to be the one to tell him how he happen upon the man's only daughter, but it seemed he had no other choice. "A few years ago, one of our squads purged and destroyed Chikyuu upon Freeza's request. I was not personally involved, but I knew of the operation as I was stationed on the lizard's ship at the time. I went back to Vegeta-sei a few months later to find a large amount of Chikyuu-jin had been brought as slaves. You must understand that our race conquers and destroys other worlds, so we cannot be bothered with everyday chores or jobs. Even our women are trained and enlisted in our armies...so unfortunately slaves are a necessity we cannot do without." Vegeta trailed allowing the man to absorb his words; Briefs remained silent waiting for Vegeta to continue. "Right before I was called back to serve Frieza I met a blue haired slave who belonged to the Saiyan woman I was supposed to take as mate." Vegeta had to stop as he saw the tears pooled in the man's eyes at the small description he gave of her, yet he continued. "I came back to Freeza's ship and time went on. When I went back home for my father's birth celebration, I saw her again, not as a slave, but as a free woman running our research labs, mated to one of our highest intelligence officers..." Vegeta had to pause but for his own benefit this time, even if things were better between them once again, Bulma was still Raditz' and they had a child together. "I saw the resemblance between the two of you when I first saw you, but I thought it was only trades of your world habitants. I found out later on in a meeting where I mentioned your name to her that you are actually her father." Vegeta stopped once again to give the man space to process. "I know the fact that she is alive and well, and running the show back on Vegeta-sei does not justify the cruelty she must have gone through at our hands, but she is here now and wants to be reunited with you." Vegeta ended, skillfully leaving out the details of his personal story with her. The man did not need to know, not by his lips at least. He saw the tears roll down the older man's face and could not help but feel moved by them.

"Where is she?" Briefs asked in a soft voice, barely able to form words at all.

"Right now she is with the man I trust the most. She is posing as his mate so as not to raise suspicions amongst Freeza's ranks. I will set up a meeting between the two of you...but understand this, as much as she wants you to, and as much as she insists, you cannot go back to Vegeta-sei with her. I will find a way to get you out of this hellhole alive and well." Briefs nodded his head resigned. "Believe me when I say this… I am the one who wants to do right by you two the most."

"I do not understand why… but thank you." Briefs sighted

"Let's just say I owe her."

+++

"Why couldn't he take me to see papa now?" asked an agitated Bulma. She could hardly wait to see her father after all these years. Goku sat across and stared at her pacing around the room.

"Don't worry Vegeta knows what he's doing." He let out small ki ball and began juggling it through his fingers while continuing to look at the stressed woman burning a hole on his floor.

" I know he does, that's not the point. I just can't help to feel like this… like I'm suffocating! I haven't seen papa in so long and our last few days were not exactly the … just forget it." Bulma kept on pacing in spite of Goku's mocking smirk.

"I know, but burning a hole on my floor won't make you feel any better."

"Shut up!" Bulma snapped making a face

"Did you tell him?" Goku asked changing the subject.

"About?"

"You know what about."

"No… not yet."

"Not Yet! Dammit Bulma you slept with the man!" Goku threw his arms up in the air frustrated.

"What is it with you! I will tell him… when the time is right." Bulma said defiantly.

"When the time is right! The time was right when you first found out about Trunks." Goku argued.

"You didn't give a crap back then! Why is it so important all of a sudden?" Bulma argued.

"Because… Chivaa is expecting a brat of mine. I know now that I would die if anything happened to them," Goku said softly. Bulma just regarded him blanked faced and reassumed his pacing again without uttering another word. Goku got to his feet and walked to the door.

"I'm going to check on our entrance status."

"Goku," Bulma called, "I will tell him."

"You do that."

+++

"Hey!" Celipa came in Raditz' office silently and stood behind his chair. It had been six days since it happened and he hadn't sought her out. She swore she would give him time to sort his feelings, but she just couldn't leave it be. She wanted this man more than life itself and it killed her to know that he didn't care about her feelings. Raditz stopped what he was doing and turned slowly to meet her gaze.

"Hey," he responded much in the same tone she had spoken.

"What are you working on?" Celipa asked, not at all interested.

"Nothing much."

"May I?" she motioned to an empty chair.

"Yeah." She brought the chair around the desk and placed next to Raditz' looking at him calmly.

"So…?" she began after a few minutes of silence.

"So…what?"

"About the other night? Don't tell me it happened and now its done and we'll never talk about it again?" Celipa began losing her cool.

"That was pretty much the plan." Raditz responded in a monotone.

Celipa looked at him with a mixture of hurt and resentment. "Bastard… I won't stand for it!" she yelled getting to her feet. "Fight me!"

"What?"

"Fight me you coward! I already marked you so now I'm going to kick your ass to make you understand that you belong to me!" Their eyes met, hers filled with fire and his, just blank. "Fight me!" she screamed pushing him to the ground. He got up so quickly and had her pinned to the floor in less than a heart beat.

"Don't tempt me," he screeched against her lips. She covered the distance between them and crushed her mouth against his. He pushed her away roughly and she landed on the other side of the room.

"No you don't you bastard!" Her head was spinning and her lips were on fire. She did not wait all these years to be used and ignored like the countless others Raditz used. She's taken shit from him before for the sake of their squad, but not anymore; not when so much was at stake. She lunged at him and kicked him in the gut with all she had. Even if this fight meant her death, she'd rather die by his hand than to watch him slip through her fingers with that Chikyuu-jin whore. Raditz was caught unaware and was thrown back from the force of Celipa's attack. He stared back hatefully while holding on to his stomach, then with a ferocious scream of his own he lunged at her. They clashed and she fought like she never had before, not for Vegeta-sei, not for her life, but for her broken pride, for her future. She could not…would not lose this battle of will. Raditz was strong, but she has less to loose and so much more to win out of this battle. Losing her life to the man she loved was nothing, but making him submit with a victory was all her mind could conjure. On and on it went for who knows how long. Finally, as the office lay in disarray and she was bleeding all over, in her rage she hadn't noticed before that Raditz sustained no damage. It was all on her, and also he was not even sweating! it was as if he had been… playing with her. Blinded with rage Celipa screamed and pulled strength from where there was none left and formed a ki ball, which in turn turned into five other smaller ki balls that floated about her. This was her own special attack. She hadn't named it yet, but every time she practiced it she thought of that blue haired bitch at the receiving end of it. As she let the first one of the balls chase its target Raditz phased out of sight faster than the eye could see, but not fast enough for her not to see a smirk plastered on his face. Again, she let out an angry war cry and let the other balls fire at random, she was loosing control, turning round and round enraged with tears streaming down her face, Celipa seek out for her target??… He was gone. The motherfucker had left her to rave on her own! She screamed again, but this time more out of pain than rage. "Fuck you! Fuck you bastard! I'm the best thing you could have ever hoped for!" The echo of her own words was the only answer she got. Then strong arms held her from behind and long black spikes engulfed her.

"Are you done?" The question was spoken in a low growl. Celipa tried to turn to him but he held her too tightly. She could hardly breathe. Slowly, resigned, she nodded her head, defeated, and began sobbing. She didn't give a fuck anymore. The shame was too great to bear.

"I owe you a bite," Raditz said again in the same low growl that sounded as if he was…? Then with a rapid movement her armor was gone and her shoulder bare. She was turned around roughly and sharp teeth wee burring deep in her skin. She threw her head back and screamed, first from the momentary pain, and then from the indescribable pleasure that made her knees weak. With the little reason she had left, she bared his shoulder as well and bit him in the very same place she had done before.

"Now I truly belong to you… don't disappoint me" Raditz spoke through the bond and she did the only thing she could do… smile like an idiot.

+++

"Freeza-sama?" Zarbon walked in the throne room and knelt in front of his Lord. The lizard's idea to keep a watchful eye on Vegeta seemed a bit much to him at first, but as always the tyrant proved to be the wiser. "As you suspected, the Saiyans are planning something. I stopped all activity to the Lodos and I' am awaiting your command." He didn't have to lift his head to know what was going on. When Freeza first suspected the Monkey prince of treason, he went ballistic, killing everything in sight… except for the guilty one. No Freeza wouldn't be that merciful; instead he had come up with a intricate plan to show the monkey who is boss.

"Where is he now?" Freeza asked in a low menacing tone. Zarbon could almost feel sorry for Vegeta… almost

"Lodos still my Lord. He already contacted Briefs as he said he would."

"What was the meeting about?"

"It seems the monkey has his daughter. She is a scientist as well and is working with the Saiyans."

"Anything else?" asked the slimy lizard, then took a sip of his wine.

"Apparently, Briefs found a way to delay the Weapon X project, but they didn't speak about it. They spoke only of Brief's daughter. Vegeta promised to help him escape." As an after thought, he added, "It may not have anything to do with the matter at hand, but Kakarotto just requested entrance codes for their ship. He mentioned something about a mate he brought along."

"Mate… Kakarotto?" Zarbon ventured a glance at and was scared at what he saw, never in all his years serving the lizard had he seen him look so menacing, "Isn't that a bit suspicious to you Zarbon-chan?" Freeza asked sarcastically, composing himself.

"That is why I mentioned it, my Lord."

"Let them through. I want to see this mate of his. Who do you think she is?"

"I do not know." Zarbon replied finding the question odd.

"Me neither, but I suppose her last name is Briefs." A low malicious laugh was all that could be heard after.

+++

A/N Ooh yes, the end is near, I apologize for the delays in updates, but I have a lot of things going on. (too many stories started )Next chapter, we will find out what Freeza has in mind and also Vegeta will make the ultimate sacrifice to save his world… and his woman^^