Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Memories of Us ❯ Memories of Us ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Making Memories Of Us"

This is a cute little song fic about Vegeta and Bulma very OOC for Vegeta, but deal with it! It is adorable!

Do not own DBZ or Keith Urban although both are on my Christmas list...

Timeline: Post Cell Games. Let's say...one month for mourning of Goku... sniff

It had been one month since Goku had sacrificed himself at the Cell games to allow Gohan to defeat him. Things had been very solemn for the Z fighters since then. Bulma visited Chi chi often. Gohan was very quiet and Chi chi needed all the emotional support she could get since discovering she was pregnant. When they couldn't bring Goku back to life she had been devastated and Bulma was trying her darndest to create a bright side.

She always brought baby Trunks with her since he really loved Gohan and Trunks was the only thing that could make Gohan smile other than thought of having his very own baby brother. She couldn't very well leave Trunks at home. Her parents already watched him more than their share of the time and his father was too busy training his anger away.

Bulma sighed as she exited the chopper with a sleeping Trunks. The sun was setting and they had just returned home. 'Oh Vegeta.' she thought as she stared at the GR.

She missed him so. After their whirlwind romance kicked up and Trunks was conceived even the cold hearted Prince made time to at least be with her then came the androids and Cell and she knew it was wrong, but she felt lost in all the fighting. Vegeta barely spoke to or visited her anymore. He hardly ever even held Trunks. She felt like that little piece of his heart she had claimed for herself had frozen over once again after the Cell games. "Or maybe it was never real to start with." She whispered hoping to Kami she was wrong.

She laid Trunks in his crib as her mind raced. Maybe he only wanted me for a one night stand that turned into an obligation to the mother of his heir that he only fulfilled to uphold his pride and honor? She dared not think it, but as she crawled into bed it was all she could think of as she drifted off too sleep.

Meanwhile a mentally and physically exhausted Vegeta trudged up the stairs of Capsule Corp. He had been training himself ragged for the last month, it was the only way he could think clearly about all that had happened in such a short time.

He had given in to his rampant and confusing emotions for Bulma and had gotten her pregnant in the heat of the moment. When he realized it for the first time in his life he was truly afraid. How could a man as tarnished as he, be a father. He had only barely discovered his heart and now he had a heir to raise.

He beat himself up over the fact that his own arrogance had kept him from giving Trunks the integrity of actually marrying his mother and proving to the Universe that the Saiyan Prince was now a King with responsibilities and his son was not a bastard. But no more would his arrogance disable his better judgment.

He trudged into Trunks' room. Unbeknownst to Bulma he spent at least an hour every night watching Trunks sleep. Trying to build up his inner strength to match the external portion.

Trunks heard his father enter and opened his eyes. He grinned and giggled and clapped happily his little tail swaying in delight.

Vegeta smiled back. "Hello my son." He reached down and gently caressed Trunks's head.

Bulma had heard Trunks shriek of laughter and when she heard Vegeta's voice she slowly crept to the door that connected her room to the baby's. She looked in and watched father and son.

"How would you feel if I finally decided to marry your mother?" Vegeta asked Trunks. After a moment of silence and confused eyes from the baby, he continued. "Make a good woman out of her. She deserves better, but I...I love her."

Just then he heard a gasp and turned to see Bulma standing in the door way hand to her chest a look of utter shock on her face.

"What?...." She stuttered in disbelief.

Vegeta held in a sigh of anxiousness. 'Now or never.' He thought to himself and he walked over to her and lightly took her hand and knelt down in front of her and said.

I'm gonna be here for the baby
I'll be a man of my word
Speak the language in a voice that you have never heard
I wanna sleep with you forever
And I wanna die in your arms
In a cabin by a meadow where the wild bees swarm

And I'm gonna love you like nobody loves you
And I'll earn your trust making memories of us

Bulma could hardly believe her ears and in the next moment of silence both their minds raced with memories.

Flashback Sequence

Bulma
Vegeta stood amidst the dust that blew up around him from the soon to be battlefield. He stood arrogantly next to Nappa smirking evilly at the Z fighters who fidgeted nervously facing their new foe. Bulma felt a shiver run down her spine at the sight of the short warrior. His stature did his aura no justice and even she could feel the power flowing off him.

At the time she had thought that her shiver was one of fear, but now she realized that fear was not what kept her mesmerized by him, but something more, something forbidden that captured her attention about the dark alien that had invaded her world.

Vegeta
Dr. Briefs was explaining the dynamics of the new GR to Vegeta and even though Vegeta already knew most of what he was saying he listened carefully, not wanting a repeat of the first GR explosion. As Dr. Briefs blathered on in scientific terms Mrs. Briefs walked out with a plate of cookies and pitcher of lemonade. "Thank you Bunny." Dr. Briefs said walking over to the table where the snacks were placed.

"No problem dearest." She chirped happily. Vegeta with his saiyan appetite was grateful for the food. He grabbed a handful of cookies and gulped down a tall glass of lemonade.

Out of the corner of his eye Vegeta saw Bulma watching him and her parents from the kitchen window. Ever since he had first slept with her he felt the distinct need to please her. He knew that she wanted her parents to like him even though he didn't care he hadn't snapped at the idiocy of her parents to please her and it worked. She smiled happily at him and some foreign part of him melted. He looked at Mrs. Briefs and mumbled. "Thank you."

Bulma
Bulma stared out at the sunset worried that it would be her last. The Cell games were the next day and she worried for not just the safety of her friends, but for Planet Earth herself.

Her heart clenched as she thought of Vegeta out there on the field of battle. He was a seasoned warrior she shouldn't have worried so, but she couldn't help it.

She suddenly felt a pair of strong arms wrap around her from behind and she leaned back into Vegeta's familiar warmth. "Why?" She asked.

Vegeta didn't answer he just stared out at the red sky. She wanted to know why he wanted to fight for Earth. He could have just as easily left them there to die, he didn't owe them anything. As she stared up at him she saw the hardened face of a warrior, unafraid of death, always ready for battle. In her minds eye she could see him standing on the field facing Cell in super saiyan form an arrogant smirk on his face knowing that he had power and skill on his side.

'My hero.' She thought as she snuggled into his chest memorizing his feel and scent hoping that in the end things would turn out right.


I wanna honor your mother
I wanna learn from your pa
I wanna steal your attention like a bad outlaw
I wanna stand out in a crowd for you
A man among men
I wanna make your world better than it's ever been

And I'm gonna love you like nobody loves you
And I'll earn your trust making memories of us

We'll follow the rainbow
Wherever the four winds blow
And there'll be a new day
Comin' your way

Back to reality

Bulma let out a breath she felt like she had been holding since the first day she saw him. She smiled in answer to his silent question and ran to him. He stood and caught her in his arms holding her tightly to him savoring the warmth of her holding him close and knowing that she was his and that she completely accepted him even with all his faults. For the first time in his life he was truly content.

Bulma let a few silent tears flow down her cheeks as she clung to Vegeta for dear life. Never again would she doubt his love for her and as if to make perfectly sure she wouldn't Vegeta lifted her chin up to lightly kiss her. Then he hugged her tight and whispered.

I'm gonna be here for you from now on
This you know somehow
You've been stretched to the limits but it's alright now
And I'm gonna make you this promise
If there's life after this
I'm gonna be there to meet you with a warm, wet kiss

And I'm gonna love you like nobody loves you
And I'll earn your trust making memories of us
I'm gonna love you like nobody loves you
And I'll win your trust making memories of us