Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Mirai Love ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer; I do not own Dragonball Z/GT or any of he characters.


"Speech"

*thought*

~telepathy~

# *#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*

The next morning

Bulma was in her own lab with her crew made up of three other women all intelligent and so she was told almost as good looking as she was.

When her father had had the portfolios of the smartest scientists that worked for capsule corps so he could pick Bulma her own personal team Master Roshi and Oolong had been visiting and decided to help resulting in Bulma's current team.

Bulma was working hard on the scouter they'd got off Raditz as she figured another way to alter the scouter and was determined to get it finished as soon as she could.

Bulma heard the door slid open but she ignore it figuring one of the others could see to whatever the person wanted.

After hearing no sound of talking Bulma briefly looked up to see her three comrades staring at something over her shoulder where the door was. They were all blushing like and staring at whatever it was like little school girls with a crush on one of the older guys.

Bulma rolled her eyes not looking over her shoulder. A school girl with silly crush is what got her with that cheat Yamcha. The memory made her temper rise and her lip curl slightly at that thought.

"Woman where in the world did you get a scouter?!" came a stern voice from just behind her making her jump and knocking the circuit she just placed.

Two strong arms reached around her taking the tools from her hands, Bulma felt a warm wave run through her at how close he was as she could feel his warm breath on the back of her neck. He carefully put the circuit back in place, having fixed a lot of scouters in his time under Frieza and closed it up.

The arms went back to their owner taking the scouter with them.

Bulma turned to see Vegeta put the scouter on and activate it.

Vegeta frowned. "Woman what the hell have you done to it! These aren't numbers they're just weird symbols!"

AN: Vegeta hasn't been on earth all that long and with no real need he hasn't learnt how to read or write any of earth's languages.

Bulma reached up and flicked a small switch at the back of the scouter and it changed to Saiyan symbols.

"What did you do?" Vegeta asked.

"I made it so you could change it between our language and yours. I created a program to translate them into each other. Vegeta?" Bulma asked suddenly noticing something.

Vegeta merely grunted in reply.

"Your actually wearing clothes," Bulma stated then catching the shocked looks of her team quickly added. "I mean, what happened did my mother have to threaten you to get you to put clothes on other than your combat suit?" Bulma said with a small grin.

"Your mother had nothing to do with it I simply thought I would since I was coming here. Anyway your mother can't by clothes they don't fit.

Bulma giggled. "Ok for a start mum didn't buy your clothes I did when you first moved in with us and secondly it's a wife beater it's supposed to be like that!" Bulma said gently slapping him on the chest so she didn't hurt her hand since he wouldn't have felt it anyway. "Anyway why are you complaining? You're combat suit is tighter than that."

Bulma turned back to her desk while Vegeta used the scouter to find power levels across the planet. Vegeta growled slightly at one causing Bulma to smile *probably Goku's*. Bulma looked up to see her team watching them with amused looks and she turned to face Vegeta again.

"What exactly are you doing here anyway? You can't need more repairs for the gravity room already dad said you got back only an hour ago and you hadn't been home since last night,"

"That's why I'm here woman we need to talk about last night!"

Bulma stared at him for a minute before replying. "Now when you say talk do you mean talk or blast everything and demand answers or ."

"Woman! Where is your office?" Vegeta growled only just keeping his temper in check but his eyes were narrowed to slits.

"This way,' Bulma sighed taking off her lab coat and heading towards her small personal office of the side of the lab.

#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*# *#*#*#*#*#*

They walked into her office and she closed the door behind them.

"What about last night?" she asked perching on her desk.

"Look last night what I did was a mistake, I shouldn't have done it. I don't need any weaknesses and I don't have any. You woman are a weakness just like Kakarot's harpy mate is a weakness to him." Vegeta said standing in front of her arms folded and not meeting her gaze.

"Goku uses his feelings to fight when Chichi or Gohan are in danger or any of his friends for that matter he fights stronger than usual and that's what got him to turn Super Saiyan. It was the loss of his best friends, the possibility of loosing his son. You might not want to hear it but even your death would have made a difference you were the last of his race aside from him. You were the only one who could teach him anything about himself."

"I don't care what you think I don't need that to fight or to reach super Saiyan! I will get that all by myself! All you would be is a weakness and that's not what I need! I don't need you and I don't want you nor will I ever!" Vegeta replied bluntly.

"What makes you think that I could ever want or need you? Cause I don't!" Bulma said as she tried to hold back the tears she felt gather at the hurt from his words.

Vegeta finally looked her in the eyes as a single tears managed to escape and run down Bulma's cheek.

Both could see that the other didn't really mean what they just said and were scared at the prospect.

~Come on you know she's lying and you just want to wipe that tear away and tell her you didn't mean it~ Vegeta tried to ignore the voice but deep down he knew it was true.

~He's lying his pride gets in the way of everything just be the one to break the tension do something to make him admit that he was wrong~ Bulma thought for a minute at what the voice had said then she stood up so she was eye level with him.

"You're lying,' Bulma whispered so close to Vegeta they were almost touching.

Vegeta's eyes softened as that look appeared in them again followed closely by one of confusion as he leant in to kiss her but stopped.

* She's a weakness! Look what she's doing to you. Shut up! What if she's just doing this to get the truth out of you? She's probably still with that idiot human and is just playing with you. Shut up! What if she doesn't love you back?*

Vegeta kept the argument in his head and finally began to shift away from Bulma.

Suddenly before he could completely pull away Bulma grabbed his head and pulled him into a kiss.

*Guess that solves that argument* Vegeta mused to himself wrapping his arms around her waist and leaning her back over her desk just behind her.

#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*# *#*#*#*#*#*

Yamcha walked into the lab with a bunch of flowers for Bulma. "Hello ladies," Yamcha smiled and Bulma's three lab assistant's head snapped up looking at him worried as they briefly glanced at the door to Bulma's office.

#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#* #*#*#*#*#*#*#*

END OF CHAPTER 4. TBC. PLEASE REVIEW. THANKS. LUV XENNIE.B