Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ My Angel... Won't You Be Mine? ❯ Chapter 1: An Unannounced Reunion ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 1- An unannounced reunion
Author's Note- I don't own the characters except Alielle. And I know some seem out of character. I'm not perfect. But please, any and all comments are accepted!

A solitary feather soars through the crisp fall morning. It lands upon the lap of a large green man sitting lotus-style. His obsidian eyes open as his huge hand grasps the small feathers. He holds it in front of his face inspecting it. A silver feather with gold streaks, he analyzes the unique feather.

The man is called Piccolo by the few whom will address him. He meditates alone in the most desolate of places on the planet called Earth. He wasn't originally from Earth, even though he was born on Earth. Piccolo was evil until he met a boy named Gohan. Gohan is like the son Piccolo couldn't have and Piccolo has fought along side the boy to protect Earth. But we all should know this.

Piccolo stands, feather in hand, he is over seven feet tall. His training partner and his best friend Gohan has decided to go to high school instead of train. Piccolo was angry and said some very gruff things to Gohan. Piccolo has gotten used to the boy, now young adult, being around. He blames the boy for making him weak but he also thanks the boy for showing him that he wasn't evil.

Piccolo releases the feather and it floats down to his feet. Gohan hasn't visited him in three months. Piccolo is set on apologizing once Gohan arrives home from school. Piccolo growls as he looks at the sun to see it isn't even noon. Then he senses Gohan's ki heading towards the Capsule Corporation.

'Skipping school? That's not like Gohan. That woman is going to blow her top once she finds out!' Piccolo thinks than he senses the others ki gathering, 'What's this? Hmmm… it's not Christmas… that's in a couple months. Oh well I guess I better go see what's up'

"I knew I forgot someone!" Piccolo hears Goku, who has been dead for over five years after fighting a monster called Cell.

Piccolo looks around his eyes darting trying to sense his best friend's father.

"I'm still dead. I just wanted everyone to get together. Oooo… food's ready. Gotta go." Goku's voice disappears.

'Never changes. All he thinks about is his stomach.' Piccolo scowls remembering the Goku's fierce appetite.

Piccolo heads to the Capsule Corporation and pounds on the door. It shatters on his intense knock and Bulma, the blue-haired tech genius, folds her arms angry, "For once, can you all leave my door intact?!?"

Piccolo shrugs and enters the complex. If he let that woman get to her she'd be long dead. Gohan looks up to see his mentor. Gohan has grown; he is a full grown teenager with short black hair. Gohan's onyx eyes lock with Piccolo's. Their eyes do the apologizing. It seems they both were sorry for the anger and the words they spoke those few months ago.

Piccolo takes his usual spot away from the group as he watches Gohan's younger brother, a little version of Goku, Goten, as he runs up to hug the Namek. Piccolo pushes the boy away and holds him back with his arm outstretched.

"Goten, what did I tell you?" Piccolo asks the boy roughly.

"Uncle Piccolo! You told me to… um… I forget!" Goten smiles innocently.

Piccolo shakes his head trying to hold back the smile that the boy causes him to have, "Do not hug me, don't even touch me. AND I am NOT your uncle!"

The group of warriors and their families laugh at the usually stoic namek getting so upset over the boy's affection. Piccolo growls warning them but they continue to laugh. Once he would have been able to shut them up with a glare but now they no longer find him threatening. Gohan tells his little brother to go play with Trunks, Bulma's son. Goten nods and runs off. Before Gohan leaves from Piccolo, Piccolo mumbles, "I'm sorry."

Gohan smiles nodding to his elder friend showing that he forgives him. Piccolo sighs, never did he used to apologize, but now he hasn't stopped since he first kidnapped Gohan. Piccolo surveys the group before him. Krillin, Goku's short childhood friend, now has black hair and a beautiful wife, Android 18. Of course Piccolo doesn't think she's beautiful, he doesn't know the concept of beauty but everyone says she is beautiful. Krillin even has a daughter, Marron, with blond hair like her mother's. Piccolo watches the happy family. He looks to Bulma who is yelling at her mate, Prince Vegeta. Trunks is pulling at his mother's dress as she continues her verbal assault on Vegeta. Vegeta doesn't seem to care, he has his arms folded and he leans on the wall. Yamcha and Puar are as usual with Oolong and Master Roshi. Tien and Chiaotzu are with them as well. They are practically a family on their own. Then he looks to his best friend with his mother and his brother. They are happy even though Goku is dead. They miss Goku but still they find happiness. His eyes scan back through the group and then he spots someone unfamiliar.

Standing in the doorway is a woman. She has long silver hair with gold highlights that cascades down to her slim waist. She has beautiful silver eyes with golden pupils. Her skin is a light gold. But the most peculiar thing about this woman is the two wings on her back and the golden halo above her head. Wings like an angel's with silver feathers with gold. She is wearing a long white dress. Piccolo's eyes meet hers, he senses power.

"Who's that?" Goten points to the woman, "She's pretty."

"Sorry to intrude. I would of knocked but there seems to be no door." Her voice is like honey, it flows sweetly off her tongue, "I was sent here by a mutual friend."

"Who are you?" Vegeta snarls.

"Ah, forgive me, Prince Vegeta," She gives a quick curtsy to Vegeta and then turns to the rest of the group, "I am Alielle, an Alexian. I am a friend of Goku's in the afterworld. He sent me here to checkup on everyone. I bring letters from him."

Everyone takes in the news as the woman begins to hand each person a letter. She stops at Piccolo, "He dictated the letters to me to write. All but yours, he insisted to write yours himself. He even told me not to read it. Good luck reading his handwriting, it is truly atrocious."

Alielle hands Piccolo the letter and continues to pass out the other letters. Piccolo nearly drops dead when he reads the letter Goku sent him. How could he ask such a thing?

****That's it for now. Please R&R! What was in the letter? Find out next chapter!****