Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ My Father's Eyes ❯ My Father's Eyes ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

My Father's Eyes

by: Kyra Briefs

1.1.2 kyra_briefs@hotmail.com

* * * * * * * * * *

AUTHOR'S NOTE: *says over and over again in mind, "I AM a good writer, I AM a good writer, I AM a good writer!" -_-'

He couldn't believe it, wouldn't believe it. She was gone . . . never to return again. He took a step back, fear evident in his eyes. He watched them all, also sad, the vital signs deaming the end. "N-no, mother . . ." the boy cried out, tears spilling from his eyes. "N-no . . . no . . ." The young man's friend, Goten, stepped forward up to Trunks, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Trunks," he said comfortably. "Im sorry . . ." Trunks tore away at Goten, the tears streaming down his face in a pool of anguish. "No!" he cried out, choking on his sobs. "How could you do this?! HOW COULD YOU LEAVE ME?!" And with that, the frustrated young man flew directly out the window in search of some kind of release.

Vegita stared at Trunks, the only thing he could do. He knew it was hard for the boy . . . it was hard for him too. Trying not to cry itself was agony in it's worst. Slowly, his eyes gazed down into Bulma's now pale face. He reached out a hand to touch her, and a single tear fell from his eye onto her chest. "Damnit woman, I hope you know I always loved you," he whispered. He then turned to the window. "Trunks . . ." he mumbled incoherantly.

"Vegita, I'm sorry-" Goku tried, placing a hand on Vegita's shoulder. However, Vegita winced and wiped it away like a filthy snake. "I don't need your sympathy, Kakorott," he growled deathly.

Looking out the window again, Vegita realized something. Trunks, his son, was all he had left now.

* * * * *

Trunks stood before the huge mountain cliff overlooking a calm piece of lake. How he hated it. It was so beautiful and tame, and loving. 'Why,' he thought, 'can't it just be a little more of a mess?' That's when he got the idea. Immediately, he powered up to SSJ2, and angrily began to blow things to pieces. "TAKE THAT!" he cried out, blasting a rock. "AND THAT!" Another. "I'LL TEACH YOU!" Soon the boy was blasting away at everything in sight, destroying what beauty was left of this place.

"TRUNKS!"

Trunks looked up to see his father, rage now building inside of him. "It's YOUR fault!" he hollared in anguish. "You KNEW she was going to die, and you did NOTHING to stop it!"

"Trunks-" But before Vegita could continue, Trunks had rushed up to Vegita and hit him in the stomache. Vegita crouched down in pain, and Trunks angrily sid-kicked him in the ribs, causing the Prince to fall to the floor on his knees. Trunks then shot out a series of ki blasts at him, the tears now swelling through his eyes. "I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU!" Trunks cried out, every seccond growing stronger and stronger.

Vegita tried his best to block the balls, but then had to power up right to SSJ3. He then knocked them away, causing Trunks into an even worse fit of anger.

"ARGH!" he cried out. "Why don't you DIE?!"

However, before Trunks could make another move, Vegita had dissappeared and reappeared behind Trunks, grabbing him tight so he couldn't move. "LET ME GO, LET ME GO, LET ME GO!" Trunks hollared. "LET ME GO NOW OR I'LL-"

"TRUNKS ENOUGH!" Vegita yelled, his tone angry and demanding. For once, Trunks listened to him. "Damnit Trunks, I know you miss her . . . I do too."

"Yea right," Trunks huffed. "You never loved her . . . or me."

Vegita now let go of son, and turned to face him. His face was red and painted with tears of hate and anguish. "I have always loved your mother," Vegita said. "And I will always love you." Putting a hand on Trunks's shoulder he said, very softly, "Son."

Trunks now fell into Vegita's arms, crying hysterically. Vegita, for the first time, did not push him away, but embrace him.

As my soul slides down to die,

How could I loose him,

What did I try?

Bit by bit, I realize.

That's when I need them.

That's when I need my fathers eyes.

"How could . . . she be gone . . ." Trunks sobbed. "She . . . I loved her . . . so much . . . why?"

"I know," Vegita said, patting his son on the back for comfort. "She was the world to me. But, son, at least you're still here."

Trunks looked up at Vegita, and finally realized something. He had the father he had always wished for. Someone who when he needed was there. Someone to listen to him, someone to lean on. He had his father's eyes. And you know what? At that moment, he realized that he had been there all the time. And that's what could make all the difference.

END