Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Oh, For Pete's Sake! ❯ Cross-Roads ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Oh, For Pete's Sake!

By Shasta

~*~*~

Discalimer: I don't own anything! *wails*

Shasta: *sniffle* It's the last chapter of this glorious ficlet!

Vegeta: *sarcasm* Oh, HAPPY day!

Shasta: *bitch-slaps him* Shut your mouth, Monkey Boy! *glare* *turns back to the audiance* I'd like to thank everyone who reviewed this fic and kept it from dying of no updates!! Now, as promised, here is my bishie harlem in all their glory! ^-^

* Mirai Trunks, Vegeta and Teen Goten walk reluculently onstage, wearing tight blue speedos*

* 'Baby Got Back' starts to play *

Mirai Trunks: Kill me… kill me now.

Teen Goten: *singing to music and shaking his ass* #I like big butts and I cannot lie! You other brothers can't deny! When a gal comes in with an itty-bitty waist and a round thing in yo' face you get SPRUNG!#

Vegeta: *deathglares at Shasta*

Shasta: *laughing hysterically* SHAKE IT! SHAKE IT! SHAKE IT! SHAKE IT! SHAKE THAT HEALTHY BUTT!

Vegeta + Trunks: *grumble*

~*~*~

Chapter 6: Cross-Roads

~*~*~

Vegeta drifted in and out of conciousness, his vision blurred, unable to see an inch before him. Layla stood vigial by his side, lines of worry showing up on her pale face. She held one of Vegeta's hands in her own and cried silently. This was'nt fair. They were together again after so long and now she had to loose him once more. NO! Her heart screamed in protest as tears of anger trickled down her face.

She refused to have her heart broken any more. Vegeta was going to stay here, wheither he liked it or not, regardless of what might happen to his own world. She loved him too much to let him slip through her fingers again..

"How is he?"

Layla looked up towards the doorway, were Trunks stood, his expression unreadable. Layla did'nt know if it was confusion, sorrow or anger… He sat down on a chair next the bed and bowed his head.

"Father…."he whispered. Layla's heart ached for the teenager. She embraced him in a comforting hug. She knew all too well what it was like to be in his shoes.. to watch a loved one lying sick, possibly dying..

Trunks remained motionless. No tears fell, but his eyes portrayed all sorrow. He was'nt just worried over his father. He worried for Layla, for Goku….for SHASTA.. If Vegeta's illness signalled the start of their return, he'd never see his beloved again. This though made a dull ache flash across his chest. He closed his eyes, blocking the thought from his mind….

"Thank you.." Trunks said quietly, glancing back at his father as he lay in bed, lost in a dreamless sleep. He seemed so frail and vulnerable, not at all like the Vegeta we all know and love.. It seemed like he was visually FADING away before their eyes, his skin looking as if it was turning transparent. Trunks got up and walked out of the room, closing the door softly behind him.

Layla did'nt bother to go after him. He need his space, he figured. This was all happening too fast for both of them…they did'nt want to loose their loved ones…….

A cool, ocean breeze blew in from across the sea, caressing Trunks' face as he sat on a low brick wall outside the hospital, facing the nearby beach. He bowed his head, remembering how Shasta had taught him how to surf….remembering how, when she was presummed dead, came back to him…..she was his angel.. He closed his eyes against the tears that threatened to fall. Never in his life had he experianced such a surge of feelings for a woman… A frustrated sigh escaped his lips. He wanted so much to be with her, but under circumstances… time was short….

"Enjoy the time you have here…live every moment like it's your last…" Bulma's words echoed softly in his mind. He opened his eyes once more, watching as the waves crashed against the rocky shore of the beach. He smiled weakly and bowed his head.

Bulma was right. Although he had no idea how long he had left, he had to enjoy the precious time he had…

"How is he?"

Trunks looked up as he heard the sound of Shasta's soft, husky voice beside him. He turned to face her, not hiding the expression of hurt on his face. "I just don't know anymore……..This means our time has come…. But I don't wanna leave…"

His voice was pleading and shaky, his eyes baring into Shasta's own as he took her hands in his.

"Trunks.. I understand….I wish there was someway…. Someway we could be together… I love you."she whispered, resting her head on his shoulder, tears falling from her deep green eyes. Trunks put his arms around her and held her close, rocking her gently. His hands stroked her hair soothingly, but they both knew what was coming…

Trunks kissed her softly on the lips. "I love you too, Shas-chan………" he gazed deep into those emerald green pools, as green as the ocean on a clear summer day…

"Come with me…" He said without thinking.

Shasta's eyes widdened momentarily before her face relaxed in a smile. She nodded slowly and closed her eyes, capturing Trunks' lips with her own in a passionate kiss. The lavender haired Saiyen was just about to turn the kiss French (^_~) when the sound of Goku's boots on stone broke them from their embrace.

He arched an eyebrow at the two blushing teens before his brows furrowed into an unreadable expression. "He's getting worse.."

"Oh no…."Trunks sighed, shaking his head. He stood up, bringing Shasta with him and followed the older Saiyen into the Intensive Care ward. When they reached the private room holding Vegeta, there was an air of unease, so thick it was that it could have been cut with a knife. Shasta's eyes widdened and a hand clamped to her mouth, blocking the scream that rose in her throat.

Vegeta was taking on a ghostly look, his body becoming milky white, seeming to glow in the dim light. He was awake, but just barely, his eyes half-cracked and wary looking.

"Layla…."he whispered, his voice weak and frail.

Layla let out a strangled sob and flung her arms around him, buring her face in his shoulder, her hands getting buried in his raven black hair. "Don't leave me! Vegeta, please! I LOVE YOU! PLEASE, GOD! DON'T LEAVE ME!! " Layla sobbed, clutching Vegeta's hospital gown so tightly that her knuckles had gone white.

Suddenly, two startled gasps resounded out of the room. Shasta let out a short shriek of supprise as she saw what was happening to Trunks and Goku. Before her very eyes, they were turning transparent, as if something invisable was erasing them from existance.

(A/N: If you've ever seen 'Beetlejuice', it should be easy to imagine this scene as the scene were the two dead lovers are brought back from the dead.)

"NO!"she cried, clutching them both by their shirt fronts. She cast a helpless glance at Layla, her face full of panic.

She dragged all 4-Layla, goku, Trunks and Vegeta-into a group hug and shut her eyes tightly as she felt a rush of wind on her skin. "You guys….thank you so much…..for everything…… Layla, be strong….I love you, my dear 'sister'…" she whispered, as she slipped away from her world…….

(A/N: What makes you think it's the end? ^_~)

Emerald green eyes blinked furiously against the sunlight that crept in from the open window.Shasta up in bed, rubbing her face and pushing floppy red spikes from her eyes. She let her hand drop down on the sheets..

"Was it all a dream?" she thought out loud. She looked down at her hand… and screamed. It was animated.

"HOLY SHIT!"

Something suddenly stirred beside her and she gasped in alarm as a head of finely drawn purple hair rose from under the sheets.

"Damnit, Shas! I'm tryna sleep!"

Needless to say, the young red-head promptly fainted….

(A/N: Okay, now it really IS the end! )

The End…..For Now…


~*~*~*~*~

Shasta: Well? *pokes head from behind the couch* Did you like it? Hate it? Wish it would curl up and die? THEN SEND ME A REVIEW!!!!!! Thanks to the 7 people who reviewed this little blurb of a ficlet! ^-^ I'll be writing a sequel for this fic pretty soon, so look out for 'Oh, Momma!' coming soon! ^_~ *prances off to find some cookie dough*

Shasta