Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Oh, Momma! ❯ Layla's Little 'Supprise'... ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~Oh, Momma!~

By Shasta

~*~*~

Disclaimer: *sits up in her tree, pelting the ebil lawyers with coconuts* I don't own Dragonball Z, Layla Parker or anything seen here. Now, be gone, evil lawyers!!!!!

Shasta: Konichiwa, people! Your favorite, insane fanfic authoress Shasta here! You've just stumbled across the final part of the 'Oh, For Crying Out Loud' saga!

Vegeta: Oh, Kami! Not ANOTHER one!

Shasta: * bitchslaps Vegeta* Oh, shut up, Monkey Boy! * turns back to readers * Ahem! Ignore my muse. He's a baka… ¬_¬ '

Vegeta: * deathglare *

Shasta: * ignores Vegeta * Ahem! As I was saying, this is the final sequel to 'Oh, For Crying Out Loud'. I'd like to credit the godly SaintMe, who has kindly given me permission to write this damn thing! I LOVE YOU, YOU DEMENTED SPORK, YOU! * flings a Vegeta plushie at SaintMe's head * This fic shall have some slight scenes of a graphic and suicidal nature, so viewers decretion is advised..

Vegeta: In other words, the onna is not to be held responsible if this fic fucks your head up.

Shasta: * sweatdrop * That's putting it bluntly, Vegeta… ^-^ ' eh heh…Reviews and constructive critcism is greatly appriciated! I love feedback!

Vegeta: Enough with your ramblings, woman! Get on with the damn story already!

Shasta: Okay, okay! Impatient bakajaro…* shakes her head and laughs, resting her head on his shoulder as the picture starts..*

~*~*~

Chapter 1: Layla's Little Supprise….

~*~*~

Layla sighed to herself as she leaned against the marble counter of the deli, staring longingly at the clock. Only five more minutes untill she was finished her shift for the day. Taking a long gulp from her water bottle, she wiped the sweat off her brow and glanced out the window.

It was a beautiful summer's day in Minnesota, the sky a rich, sapphire blue, the sun blazing down on the small city of Ridgewood. The tempeture was in the mid ninety's zone, but to Layla, it felt more like a 1000 degrees inside the stuffy deli-bar where she worked.

She ran a hand through her short, chestnut coloured hair and sighed. It was 4 months since Vegeta and the guys had returned to their own timeline, taking along her hapless roomate with them. The 24 year old frowned inwardly. Vegeta had left her alone.. in a big, old apartment with only 2 dogs and a chubby cat for company. There was no denying that she missed the old gang, but she could'nt help feel a sense of resentment at the thought of Vegeta. As much as she wanted to see him again, she did'nt want to face more heartache..

She walked away from the counter and pulled off her apron, flinging it onto the hook by the door. She was about to step outside and head for long, cold shower at home when a sudden wave of dizziness over came her. She felt her knees shake under her as one hand instinctively grabbed the door frame.

"Layla?! Are you alright?" came the voice of one of her co-workers.

Layla groaned, barely concious as the dizziness became too much for her to take and she slumped to the ground….

~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

At The Hospital….

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Nrrreegh…..Where am I?"

"Ms.Parker?"

"Mmm? Who's that?"

Layla sat up and rubbed her eyes, blinking in the strong light pouring into her face from the over head lamps. She blinked again, to see an elderly nurse standing at the foot of the bed, grey hair tied back in a messy bun, clip board in hand.

"W..W..What happened?" Layla said groggily, running a hand through her hair. The elderly nurse smiled and sat at the edge of the bed.

"Oh, you poor thing. You collasped eariler and your colleagues brough you in. Do you feel alright?"

"Sorry… must be the heat getting' to me.." Layla mumbled. The elderly nurse's eyes suddenly turned stoney. She glanced at her chart and shook her head.

"Well, you're not dehydrated enough to be suffering from heat exaustion…. My dear, I have some rather alarming news for you."

Layla's brows furrowed in confusion. She could'nt be terminally ill. She felt fine enough as it is… Hugging her knees to her chest, she waited for the nurse to break the news.

"Ms. Parker, you're 4 months pregnant."

Needless to say, Layla promptly fainted…

~*~*~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Later that night….

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Tears of anger ran down pale cheeks as Layla hunted through the medicabnet for any tablets she could get her hands on. She soon gathered up a small collection and sat down in the bathtub, contemplating suicide. She cried with a mixture of anger and sadness. How could Vegeta do such a thing to her?! Leave her forever when she was pregnant with his child?! She felt completely helpless..

She SO was'nt ready to be a single mother at this moment. She stared down at the pile of bottles and capsules in her lap, weighing out the pros and cons. She has no-one left to care for… everyone she loved had hurt her or left her… she was alone with no-one to help her through this rough period of her life. She raised one shaking hand to grasp the cap of a bottle of painkillers, but as she was about to unscrew the top, she let her mind wander down to the baby inside her…

She was carrying her first child…

….HIS child….

There was a new life inside her..

Layla could only just regiester this new found information. She dropped the bottle of painkillers, letting it clatter against the bottom of the tub. Taking a deep breath, she heaved herself out of the tub. Walking to her bedroom, she sat down on her computer chair and took several, ragged breaths, one hand rubbing her stomach in a re-assuring way.

"I'm sorry, little one…. I was'nt thinking…. It's not YOU I'm angry at… it's Vegeta…."she whispered, a small smile playing on her lips. Although she had no bump to speak of, there was a tiny kicking sensation in the centre of her abdomen, as if her child agreed with her.

Layla shook her head. She HAD to tell someone about this.. someone she trusted..

But she sure as hell could'nt tell her mother. Who KNOWS what kinds of hell would break loose if that ever happened…..

But what would VEGETA think?

Shaking these thoughts from her head, Layla turned to her laptop computer, lying on standby ontop of her black marble work top. Her hand lingered over the keyboard. She had tried many times to contact Shasta via the internet, but she began to give up hope as there had been no word for 4 months….

She took a deep breath and opened up Yahoo Chat, praying that tonight she'd be in luck…

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Elsewhere….

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Okay, Go-chan! I think that's enough computer training for today, ja ne? Just let me check my contacts and I'll come up to read you a bedtime story." Shasta smiled at the adorable, raven haired 9 year old incarnation of Gohan.

It had been 4 months since the 17 year old red-head had moved into the Son household, having taken up Goku's offer of 'becoming his surrogate daughter'. She smiled inwardly, watching as Gohan flashed her that adorably cute grin of his and ran upstairs. The young demi-Saiyen was like a little brother to her and she immidiatly felt a part of the Son family the day she moved in. She and Goku were now on excellent terms, acting as if they were a father and daughter rather than hostile enemies.

Chichi, however, was wary at first of the teenager moving in, thinking she could be a bad influence on Gohan, but after heavy persuasion from the ever persistant Goku, Shasta was now a perminant resident of the spare bedroom in the back of the cosy little cottage on the outskirts of the woods.

Shasta stretched her arms over her head, cracking her knuckles before opening up Yahoo Chat. She had just been teaching Gohan how to create his own website and so far, he was proving to be an excellent student.

She typed in her details and waited for the aplet to load, which was'nt long, giving the super, hi-tech modem speed inside the Capsule Corp-made pc.

Her eyes scannedc over the list of chatrooms. She soon found the one she was looking for and logged in…

---------------------------------------------------------------- ---

~You are now logged into 'Capsule Chat'~

~Crazy_Redhead has entered the room~

~Shaft has entered the room.~

~Purple_Haired_Samurai has entered the room~

~TheKing has entered the room~

~QueenOfSaiyens has entered the room~

Crazy_Redhead: Hi, guys! What's shakin'?

QueenOfSaiyens: LOL! Hi, Shasta! Not much is coming up, unless you count the Cell Games… >.<

Crazy_Redhead: Don't remind me, Bulma! *shudder*

Shaft: I hope you are all training..this guy is stronger than he appears, giving that he absorbed the 'droids.

Purple_Haired_Samuri: Who are you, Shaft?

Shaft: ………

TheKing: Idiots.

TheKing: It's the Namek!

Crazy_Redhead: O.O PICCOLO?! LMAO! Nice username!

Shaft: *grumble*

Crazy_Redhead: >^-^< Heh!

TheKing: You all better train your asses off. We only have 9 days left before *ominious music*….Judgement Day..

Purple_Haired_Samurai: Don't worry, father. When the time comes, we'll be ready for him

TheKing: You better be, Trunks…you better be. I must go. I have to train now.

Crazy_Redhead: : ( Awwww… Vegeta, staaaay!

TheKing: Unlike you, Shasta… I cannot afford to waste another second on this infernal computer..

QueenOfSaiyens: *thwaps TheKing with a frying pan* Don't you DARE bad mouth my computers, Monkey Boy!

Shaft: lol

Purple_Haired_Samurai: Lol! See ya, father!

~TheKing has left the room~

~Princess_Layla has entered the room~

Purple_Haired_Samurai: Ladies and gentlemen, THE KING has left the building! xD

Crazy_Redhead: Lol! Touche, Trunks! ;)

Purple_Haired_Samurai: ^_^ *blush*

Princess_Layla: ?

Crazy_Redhead: Welcome, newbie!! Have a pineapple! *hands Princess_Layla a pineapple*

Princess_Layla: Shasta?!?

Crazy_Redhead: …………..LAYLA?!?!?!?!?!

Crazy_Redhead: O_O ' ' ' '

Crazy_Redhead: Holy shnickering shiznit!!

Princess_Layla: ^-^ I missed you, you demented chook, you!

Purple_Haired_Samurai: LAYLA! :D Long time no see!

Princess_Layla: Hidy, Trunks! Um, Shasta? Can I talk to you in private?

~Princess_Layla has invited Crazy_Redhead into a private conversation. ACCEPT or CANCEL (ALT + DEL)~

Crazy_Redhead: Sure! No problemo! BRB, people!

~Crazy_Redhead accepted the invitation~

~now logged into Private Chat~

Crazy_Redhead: So, what's shakin'?

Princess_Layla: ………I'm pregnant, Shasta.

Crazy_Redhead: O_O ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' NANI!?!?!

Crazy_Redhead: ARE YOU BULLSHITTING ME?!

Princess_Layla: No, Shasta. I found out today. I collasped outside the deli. At first, I thought it was heat exaustion, but the hospital ran tests. Its official. 4 months pregnant.

Crazy_Redhead: O_O Then that means…!

Princess_Layla: Yup. Vegeta's gonna be a daddy…

Crazy_Redhead: AGAIN! OMG!

Princess_Layla: ?

Crazy_Redhead: What? Did'nt you know? Vegeta and Bulma have a kid together as a result of that time you controlled Bulma's body. *wink wink*

Princess_Layla: NANI?! Is he married to her?! O_O

Crazy_Redhead: No…Layla, he does'nt even love her. It's YOU he wants. The only reason he stays with her is for Chibi Trunks' sake. You have no idea how much he misses you, dear. I've seen him cry on several occasions. His heart is breaking, sweetie…

Princess_Layla: You really mean that?

Crazy_Redhead: >^-^< Course I do! The man's crazy for you!

Princess_Layla: *sigh* I'll take your word for it… If only there was some way to come to your world…

----------------------------------------------------------- ---------------

Layla jumped back as bright yellow sparks suddenly flashed across her laptop monitor, the words becoming a blur of colour that began to spin faster and faster, creating a huge portal in place of the monitor. Layla shook her head.

"Figures.." she thought out loud, as the portal sucked her in, thus beginning the start of a whole new adventure…..

~*~*~

END CHAPTER ONE

~