Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Oiran ❯ Part I ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own the television programme DBZ, nor the characters depicted in it. I do however own the plot line of this story. I also give credit to the book I did my research from called 'Geisha of Gion-The Memoir of Mineko Iwasaki'. This book talks about traditional Japan and the struggle of on such Geisha called Mineko. I applaud her for taking time out to write this autobiography, against the Japanese tradition of keeping it private.

A/N: Hi. Ok, I'm going to tell you about this fic and also give a little back ground history. This is an A/U one shot. A B/V romance which may be considered the cliche kind, but I tried to make it my own type of B/V. It is set when the Saiya-jins were supposed to arrive, and is in the technologically advaced stage of the century.

Oiran in Japanese means 'Courtesan'. In old Japan, Oirans are completely different to what I am portraying here, so please do not get any ideas that this was the life of an Oiran and that they were prostituted by pimps, because they weren't. In fact there was an establishment in the Shimabara pleasure quarter of Kyoto. It used to be licensed, where women known as 'oiran' and 'tayu' (courtesans, high-class prostitutes) were traded. But these women were also accomplished in the traditional arts as well.

A young Oiran in Japan went through a ritual called a 'mizuage'. This meant that she would be ceremoniously 'deflowered' by a patron who had paid a large sum of money for the privelege. Oirans, as well as tayu, often worked under a contract where they were confined to the area until their period of servitude was over.

My fic is not about this and I have only used the word for the story because it represented the word 'Courtesan'. This fic is based on Chikyuu- sei where the Saiya-jins are ordered by their King to take over the planet and set up a camp there. Find out what happens when Vegeta encounters our blue beauty. All that there is left to say, is that some of the characters may seem mildly out of character, but I tried very hard to keep them mostly in character.

So join me as I take you through a whirlwind rollercoaster ride of emotions such as lust, power, anger and above all love.

I hope you enjoy this story, your faithful and dedicated writer;

*Shigasu*

N/B: 'Baraf' means 'Ice' in the Hindu language and is pronounced as 'Ber- ruff'

************************************************************ ***********

"GOKU! KRILLIN!!" Seventeen year old Bulma screamed from the depths of her soul as she hid behind the large boulder. She looked on in horror as her life long friends were engulfed in a gigantic bright yellow ball of energy. This was not new to her, she had seen many of these ki attacks in her life used by Goku, but never had she seen them used to destroy another life. She squinted as the intense light faded. Peeping out from behind the boulder, she looked at the giant crater that was left in the wake of the attack. Nothing else stirred within the deep crater. Bulma felt her heart break in two as the lonely dust particles swirled around her feet. Anger bubbled forth as she watched the Saiya-jins that killed her friends laugh. Without a second thought, she scrambled to her feet and ducked into the nearby forest. She ran with full force, choking back the scream that was forming in her throat. She knew what she had to do.

She had to stay strong.

Throwing a capsule in front of her, it exploded into a miniature plane. Jumping in, she revved the engine and blasted off into the air, towards Capsule Corp. She had to get to her parents, had to make sure they were safe.

The entire Z Senshi had been annihilated. Goku, Krillin, Piccolo, Yamcha, Tien and Chao-tzu were all gone.

Now who would protect Chikyuu-sei?

***************************************************** ******************

A beautiful young, raven haired girl walked quickly through the streets of West Citymarket, clutching a small vegetable package to her chest. The rain pelted down relentlessly in fat crystalline droplets. Troubled thoughts plagued her mind as she blindly made her way through the bustling crowd. It had been five years since the Saiya-jins had arrived and taken over the planet Chikyuu. The past five years had been nothing but a reign of terror for the people of Chikyuu-sei, not one of them safe from the Saiya-jins ever growing ferocious anger. They had come as unknown aliens to the planet and now stayed as fearful inhabitants, alongside the Chikyuu- jins. Or more like they stayed above Chikyuu-jins in hierarchy, treating them as if they were dirt of the worst kind, on their home planet no less. For a reason that was unknown, the Saiya-jins had taken up camp on Chikyuu- sei, claiming it in the name of their home planet, Vegeta-sei.

As thoughts ran through the young girl's mind, she bumped into a hard yet warm presence. She cried out as she stumbled backwards in a clumsy manner, falling to the ground.

"Get up, peasant." A large burly Saiya-jin said through his gritted teeth.

The young raven haired female felt herself being roughly yanked up from the ground. She grunted as an excruciating pain coursed through her arm. In a fit of rage she looked up at her Saiya-jin captor and fearlessly spat in his face. She was no longer able to tolerate their inhumane actions. It was time to take a stand. "Saiya-jin scum!" She cried out.

Amidst the chaos a large, mostly Chikyuu-jin crowd had gathered around the pair, causing them to be entrapped within the confines of their bodies. They all watched intently at the young girl who had dared to speak out against the Saiya-jin. Each one feared for her life, but none dared to intervene for fear of being killed. People were selfish after all, and though they were ashamed of their selfishness, their own precedence and safety came over that of the young girl's.

Another Saiya-jin warrior that had been watching spoke outlandishly in the uncomfortable silence that had formed, "Teach that worthless piece of shit a lesson!"

The Saiya-jin's skin colour changed from olive to an angry red hue as he gazed at the defiant young girl's face. Upon hearing his fellow Saiya- jin's plea, a smirk spread across his cruel features. He slowly wiped away the spit that was glistening on his cheek. Without hesitation he lifted the palm of his right hand, forming an energy blast in the centre and shot at her square in the chest. The warrior snorted as he watched her fall to the ground as though she were made of nothing but a fragile feather being burned. In his fit of rage he kicked her already lifeless form and spoke out to the crowd of spectators that were watching in hidden fear.

"Make this known: You worthless Chikyuu-jins are nothing but slaves and peasants. You cannot begin to imagine the power we Saiya-jins have over you! Insubordination will not be tolerated and shall be dealt with harsh punishment, make sure you think before you act." Chuckling evilly at the shocked faces around him, he continued to make his way towards the Saiya- jin camp.

*****

Bulma sighed as she watched yet another innocent citizen of West City being killed at the hands of the ruthless Saiya-jins, this time a young raven haired girl. A tear formed in the corner of her eye as she knew she could not help the poor young girl. But the tear refused to fall, she was all cried out and there were no more tears for her to shed. Was there no end to this nightmare? The contemplative thought and rhetorical question could not be answered, but she knew this living nightmare would never end.

She looked up in annoyance at the rain that was still escaping from the saturated clouds. Irritated by her life and current state of the planet, she roughly pulled the hood of her cloak around her pretty face tightly, hiding herself from her fellow Chikyuu-jins. How could she, a genius scientist, renowned throughout the whole of West City and even the world, be diminished to an... Oiran. A simple, mere, courtesan. Her job? To give pleasure to the Saiya-jin bastards that had claimed Chikyuu-sei as their own. It revolted her to do it, but it could not be helped. One day, she thought, one day she would pay those moronic Saiya-jins back, kick them hard in the balls and laugh in their faces as she did so.

But who was she kidding? Even though she was trying her best to do something, nothing was working. Nothing. There was nothing she could do. She had limited Capsule Corp. supplies and even her intelligent mind could not think of a way out of this life.

She had lost everything when the Saiya-jins had arrived. Her home, her status, her power, and more importantly, she had lost the things she had held dear to her the most. Her parents and her friends. When she reached her home, she found her parents already dead. Without knowing what to do, she fled.

It had been five years since the Saiya-jins had invaded the planet, and in those five years they had managed to destroy anything and everything they could get their hands on. There was only one word to describe them. Barbarians. It was as if they did not know how to be civilized nor had a decent bone in their bodies. True, they had the anatomy of humans but as far as Bulma was concerned, they were monsters and they behaved as such.

It was not as if Chikyuu-sei didn't retaliate. In fact, when the Saiya- jins had arrived, her best friend Goku had fought them, as did many other fighters known as the Z Senshi. A group of the world's best fighters and even they had been defeated by the Saiya-jins. What had come as a shock and blow was the news that Goku himself was a Saiya-jin. How could someone so kind and gentle be one of those barbaric loons? It was beyond comprehension. But the worst news was not being able to change the situation by using the Dragonballs, seven mystical orange balls that granted one wish, because the death of Kami meant no Dragonballs. Because of this, Chikyuu-sei had been reduced to nothing. She had been reduced to nothing. Now she had no one to turn to, all of her friends had withered away or had been killed by the Saiya-jins. The only way that she was managing to stay alive was through being an Oiran.

The bitter thoughts she was having faded as she neared the lights of the large Innlocated on the edge of West City, which had previously been a night club Bulma had visited many times. It seemed as though the Saiya- jins had turned this technologically advanced planet back into the way it was two centuries ago. The frown from her face faded. Putting on her game face, she made her mind numb to her surroundings and placed a seductive smile on her face. She figured that she couldn't complain. After all she had a job, earned a living and was well fed. But most of all, Saiya-jins loved the Oiran's of West City and never dared to lift a finger to hurt them, it was almost childish as it was pathetic. Bulma thought that they did not have much entertainment on their own planet, and that is why they favoured the Oiran's.

Or maybe it was because the female Saiya-jins of Vegeta-sei were butt ugly. Who knew? Either way, she knew she was protected.

*****

The harsh strobe lights of the Innscalded her sight. Gritting her teeth in vain, she clutched her dark blue cloak to her chest and manuvered her way through the crowded Inn, which mostly consisted of Saiya-jin warriors, apart from a few male Chikyuu-jin bartenders. The raucous laughter caused by the Saiya-jins was enough to make Bulma scream in frustration. Out of the corner of her eye she caught sight of an extremely large Saiya-jin keel over from the excess alcohol he had consumed. She stifled an evil smile, noticing that Saiya-jins didn't normally get drunk and even if they did, it was after they had consumed fifty times more than the average Chikyuu-jin.

"It's about time! That over grown ape should have been out cold hours ago. He's been stuffing himself full of beer since six this evening." A voice whispered conspiratorially into her ear.

Bulma let a sigh pass through her lips. "You think maybe they get a kick out of being drunk?" She whispered back, equally making sure no one heard their conversation.

Her female friend who was a fellow Oiran, Kira, wrinkled her nose mockingly. With her free hand, she smoothed out the overly short skirt she was wearing that continually rode up her thighs. Frowning, she pulled at the thin straps of her bikini top. Why in Kami's name did everything have to be short and tight? "Then they truly are a worthless bunch of monkeys. Why can't they just go back to their own home planet and fuck their own species." She moved the tray full of drinks to her right side, sighing in contempt.

Bulma put a finger to her lips, "Shh. You don't want them to hear you, do you? As for the continuous orgy sessions they seem to have, it's quite fascinating don't you think?" The hint of sarcasm in her voice could not be missed. Her eyes twinkled cruelly, "Besides, some of them have very large assests." The cerulean orbs danced merrily. This titbit bit of girl talk had lightened her mood considerably and she felt ready to take on anything.

Kira promptly burst out laughing, "That will be the day! Besides, I'll take an intelligent Chikyuu-jin man over the Saiya-jins' overly 'big assets' any day! These Saiya-jins don't know left from right." She winked, turning her back on Bulma as she dived into the thirsty crowd of Saiya-jins.

Bulma watched her go, amusement etched into her face. Kira always made her feel better. In the past year they had formed a close friendship with one another, relaying all kinds of news to each other. Good and bad. Had it not been for Kira, Bulma would have lost her true identity completely. They found themselves sticking together through thick and thin. She admired the tall, older brunette woman that had fearlessly befriended her. She had taken Bulma under her wing, and now Bulma was a little less fearful of what life had in store for her. Maybe Kira's daring attitude was beginning to rub off a little on Bulma? Whatever the case was, she was glad to have made friends at the Inn. Most of the girls were Oirans, just trying to survive. If it hadn't been for the Saiya-jins, Bulma was sure that they would have been a bunch of great girls. Of course the hardships of life had forced them to lead this life of misery, but in between the sadness each girl felt, they each had someone to turn to which wasn't so bad in the end.

"Hey Bulma! Your late!" A rowdy red haired girl cried out from behind the counter.

Bulma pulled away her indigo cloak, revealing a flirtatious and skimpy outfit. Upon noticing, the Saiya-jins warriors whistled and hooted in appreciation. Ruffling her curly blue tresses, she pulled at the hem of the low cut black silk and gauze dress. "Sorry Yaeko! I got held up. What's going down tonight?"

Yaeko tilted her head an sighed, "Not sure, you'll have to talk to Toshio, he's in the back." Spinning the beer bottle in her hand, she slammed it down on the counter and took the money from the Saiya-jin warrior that was gawking at the blue haired wonder.

Bulma blushed, noticing him staring. A chill ran down her spine, it was as though someone was boring their eyes into her back. Turning around, she looked expectantly into the crowd. Her eyes travelled up to the VIP section that was on the floor above but not hidden from view, searching for the unexpected. She didn't know what it was, but an odd feeling came over her as she watched the elite Saiya-jin warriors crowded around someone, jostling one another in a sparring manner. When she couldn't find any thing, she nodded at the loud red head and ducked under the counter of the bar, making her way to back of the Innthrough the bar. Manoeuvring her way through the long thin hallway, she stopped in front of Toshio's office and knocked on the door. "Can I come in?"

"Enter," the muffled voice behind the door sounded edgy.

Bulma stepped into the small, dingy and dimly lit office. "Is everything ok?" She asked in concern, wondering why the small man looked on edge.

"Yeah, yeah. Just tired that's all." The moustache on the small man twitched in agitation.

Standing awkwardly in front of the desk she noticed the miniature man's apprehension. Bulma folded her arms across her chest unconsciously. "You sure?"

"Yes!" He snapped, face falling as he saw the hurt look on the beautiful blue haired woman. "Sorry. Anyway, it's a good thing you're here."

"Why? What ya got for me tonight Toshio? It better not be another love sick fool." It was her turn to snap. She was tired of the constant requests made for her by the unaccountable Saiya-jins, insisting that they take her as their 'mate', whatever that was.

"Nope," he shook his head at the list. "It's a warrior, goes by the name of Turles. An elite warrior too, paying big bucks for you to accompany him in the VIP lounge and then afterwards... Well you know what I'm talking about."

She rolled her eyes and held out the palm of her hand. Toshio simply placed a single white circular, powdery pill which she took obligingly. This pill made sure that whatever happened that night would remain hazy, like a dream. It was one of Bulma's creations. Ever since she had concocted it from her limited supplies, each girl had been found popping the little pill every evening before they were asked to carry the job. It was quite ingenious actually and as a result of this, Bulma never got the feeling of dirtiness she had felt the first morning she had woken up from her 'job'. She took and extra pill from Toshio, this one would be given to the warrior secretly so that they would not remember which Oiran they were with. Their pill had enough chemicals in to knock out an ox, but the Saiya- jins only seemed to have hazy memories of their evening. In any case, it was a life saver. She called it the 'jolly' pill.

Scowling, Bulma pulled the hem of the revealing black dress down again. "Do you think you have something a little more classy? You know, my kind of style."

Toshio waved behind him and she went the the unusual oak cupboard. Swinging the doors open, she looked at the selection of 'back up' dresses. Tapping one finger against her cheek, she ran her other hand through the innumerable dresses that were hung carefully in the cupboard. Each dress had been donated by many of their generous customers who had enjoyed the Oirans' company, if they could remember anything. A pale blue, silky dress shone through the other colours. Pulling it out she inspected it carefully. The dress was short, resting above mid-calf and looked as though it would fit her snugly. There was a royal blue butterfly shape in the very low cut back, that had a long train of lavender gauze being extended from the butterfly's pattered wings. It was the most beautiful dress Bulma had seen in her life. "When was this given?" She muttered, fingering the soft material.

Toshio looked up as Bulma admired the dress, "That was actually given tonight. It is one of the best we have received, don't you think?"

"Yes, perfect." A long winded breath escaped her. One good thing about being an Oiran was the choice of clothes. Never had Bulma seen anything so pretty. "Who donated it?" She was just dying to find out.

Toshio fiddled with the earring on his right ear and tried to refrain from telling her. Donations were done in private and the donater's name was not given out. Although a select few Oirans were told, but only so they could please the donator more at their next meeting and thank him for the generosity. Bulma certainly did not want to know who donated the dress, or she would never wear it and he was not going to let her deny herself of the pretty dress. "You know I can't tell you."

"Fine!" She let out an irritated sigh and began stripping off the black dress that she felt so claustrophobic in. None of the girls had problems in being coy and modest around Toshio, for he would hardly given them a second glance. He was gay after all. As the dress slipped onto her curvy form, the luxurious material made Bulma feel like a Princess. Too bad that it may be ripped to shreds that very evening, there was no telling with the impatient Saiya-jin clients. "What did you say his name was again?"

He looked up from his list of names, doing a double take. "Bulma, you look.. Beautiful." He found himself stuttering like a buffoon in her intimidating presence. She seemed like a goddess or angel that had fallen from the heavens.

"Yeah yeah, cut your yapping pal. You know very well how you're on the other side of the line buster!"

He chuckled and shook his head, "Ain't it the truth girlfriend." He snapped his fingers three times in a comical fashion, laughing. "His name is Turles, now please don't forget it!"

A smile shone through her momentarily serious face. "Make sure you charge this Turles guy double the amount tonight." She swiftly exited the room, chuckling as she heard the chair slam on the floor. Crimping her hair, she walked through the passage that led to the VIP lounge.

*****

Vegeta scowled at the females that were pawing at his armour and giggling. He despised these type of places, it was so beneath him. His temples began pounding in irritancy, wondering when he was going to be able to leave this hell hole. He didn't know what possessed his father to make him come here. He used the excuse of 'Good Will'.

Vegeta snorted, it was pathetic. Saiya-jins did not show any form of good will. If his father were honest with himself then he would realize that the all mighty King had fallen prey to the pretty faces in the Inn. It was true that Saiya-jin females on Vegeta-sei were not as attractive as the females of Chikyuu-sei, but at least they had fighting power. Not even the Chikyuu-jin males had any form of fighting power.

There were only a select few that were skilled enough to defend themselves, and even they had failed to protect their planet. He wondered how he had been talked into attending this evening of festivity and why he had even set foot onto this worthless planet. Maybe the thought of beautiful females was too much for him to pass up. But he was yet to be impressed by anything he saw.

Five years ago their Kingdom had invaded the planet of Chikyuu-sei and set up camp. This was so they could be nearer to the planet Barf. Baraf-sei was the home of the tyrant, Frieza. By moving nearer, Vegeta-sei had been able to hold themselves in strength and as war broke out, they demolished every part of Frieza's pathetic army. A long arduous battle ensued this, with Vegeta fighting Frieza with all his might.

Training for the greater part of his life had paid off, because just when he thought that it wouldn't be possible to defeat the slimy bastard, Vegeta achieved the impossible. He had become the Legendary, a Super Saiya-jin. His life time goal had been achieved and in doing so, he defeated Frieza and had overthrown him as Emperor of the Universe.

Now that there were no more wars about to come anytime soon, the King had asked the Saiya-jin warriors to move their camp out of Chikyuu-sei, but it seemed as though the warriors were having none of it. They had grown attached to the planet, even the people and did not want to return to Vegeta-sei. So the King set about claiming Chikyuu-sei as an extended part of Vegeta-sei.

Chikyuu-sei now belonged to the Saiya-jin King and soon the Prince would inherit his throne. Because of this, Vegeta's father had demanded that he set foot on Chikyuu-sei, as a visiting dignitary. This was to be Vegeta's first week spent on Chikyuu-sei in five years without battle on his mind and truth be told, he couldn't see what his people saw in the planet. For all he cared, it was just another worthless mud ball with a race that needed to be exterminated. The only thing the Chikyuu-jin people had to offer was their technology and Vegeta-sei had retrieved and taken all of that from here anyway. So what was the point of being on this worthless piece of shit?

As he sat next to his commanding officer, Nappa, rowdy jeers and whistles could be heard down below in the commoners' section. Looking down into the centre of the extremely large Inn, he felt his breath catch in his throat.

Standing at the bar was a female Chikyuu-jin, with blue hair. Even though this was what had caught his interest, he couldn't help but let his eyes roam over her curvy figure. She looked so fragile, yet strong at the same time thus becoming a complete oxymoron. His eyes brushed down her creamy bare back, raising an eyebrow at the style of dress.

As he continued to look at her from behind, he could not begin to comprehend how she looked from the front. When she turned around slowly, his acute Saiya-jin vision focused on her features closely. He was glad that he was hidden by the shadows, for he did not know what he would do if she had seen him. Licking his parched lips, a lump formed in his throat as she looked up into the first floor of the VIP section. It was almost as though her eyes were searching for him.

That was what made his heart stop completely. The blazing cerulean eyes that peered up, curiously. He could see so much fire in those eyes, which seemed to be outweighed by the iciness in her gaze. Soft blue curls came around her face and the lighting of the Inncaused her to look like a reformed angel.

Vegeta shook his head, not knowing what had gotten into him. It was as if she had put him under an intense spell already, with her enticing looks. Even her posture screamed out her attitude and inner strength. It was all too much for him to bear. Tearing his gaze away from the beauty, he continued to listen to the incessant babbling of his elite squad, adding a few of his own barbs in the process. But thoughts of the blue eyed female still lingered in the out skirts of his mind.

*****

Bulma climbed the steps through the back way, towards the first floor where the elite Saiya-jin were present. At least they were more cordial than some of the other Saiya-jins that were present on the ground floor. Holding the gauzy lavender train carefully in one hand, she stepped through the back door of the VIP lounge, hidden from the view of the warriors. They were all large and looked frightening, but Bulma had gotten used to it by now. She saw many female companions sitting with their clients, rubbing and touching, being shy and coy as they talked seductively into their ears. A smirk formed on her lips. By morning these girls would barely remember the names of their clients, let alone their faces, unless they tried hard to recall the memory. Which of course, none of them did.

Taking a deep breath she looked around the room once more. Her eyes landed on a small man, sitting in the shadowed corner of room. A scowl was firmly planted on his face, but Bulma could tell how handsome and regal he looked in his clothing, he seemed to be carrying himself with an air of disdain. Even though he was considered small for his race, he was large for Chikyuu-jin proportions.

The tanned muscles standing out dominantly from the loose blue gi he wore made him look more intimidating than many of the larger Saiya-jins sitting around him. The gravity defying hair made him look a little less frightening, but only slightly. What caught her attention the most was his eyes. They were Saiya-jin eyes, except for the depth of the onyx orbs. Finding herself being sucked into the black depths, even though he was not looking at her, she shook herself back to the present.

She couldn't help but think that he would be much better looking if he was not wearing that scowl on his face. Smoothing the low cut dress down, she unwillingly took her gaze off of the mysterious Saiya-jin. "Get a grip Bulma." She scolded herself under her breath, once again searching the room.

She didn't even know what this Turles fellow looked like. Grinding her teeth in frustration she weighed out her options. She could go ask the extremely loud and lewd part of the room which was on the right, or could go to the slightly more reserved Saiya-jins on the left. This was exactly where the handsome flame haired man sat. Bulma opted for the latter and confidently made her way to the table which seated four Saiya-jins and two female Oirans, sitting either side of the mysterious Saiya-jin she had not seen until that night. Where had he been hiding? And was he really supposed to be in this section of Inn. With her questions unanswered, she stood near the table and caught the eye of each Saiya-jin sitting there. They all seemed to eye her hungrily apart from the man that had caught Bulma's attention. He seemed to be masking his emotions better than the other three Saiya-jins he was accompanied with.

Bulma cleared her throat and flicked her hair back, sending a radiant smile at the three Saiya-jins staring at her. The one who showed no interest in her didn't deserve to be in her presence, let alone a smile from her. "Excuse me," her silky voice filtered through the silence.

Vegeta felt his resolve falter as she spoke. Her smooth voice seemed to cause an ache within his chest. His eye twitched slightly as they travelled down the soft curves of the female before him. It was the same female he had seen below, the one that had caused the uproar among his people. He rested them at the low cut chest area which was revealing, yet she carried it off without being whorish. Vegeta's brain began to register something. Wasn't this the dress his father had given him to donate to the Inn? Yes, it was. He marvelled at the way she looked in it. So elegant yet seductive, she seemed like the perfect bed partner but it did not register with him that she worked in the Inn. He continued to watch her through hooded eyes, not letting an ounce of what he felt show. He frowned as her gaze skimmed over him and she smiled brightly at his three companions.

"Yes?" A bald Saiya-jin managed to ask gruffly, whilst still gawking at her.

Bulma smiled radiantly again. "I was looking for a Saiya-jin warrior."

"Well you've come to the right place baby!" The one with the long spiky hair hooted, it was term he seemed to have picked up whilst living on Chikyuu-sei..

Bulma raised her eyebrow in mild contempt at him. He seemed to be the least bright of the group, not that Saiya-jins were bright anyway. She nodded and answered him anyway, "Of course." Turning back to the more reserved bald Saiya-jin, she spoke to him instead. "He goes by the name of Turles. I was wondering if you knew he was here and would be most obliged if you could show me to him." She bowed her head in respect. It was common courtesy to show the respect, or else she would have been killed in an instant. If not by them, then by Toshio.

The other Saiya-jin that was seated amongst the group stood up rigidly. "I am Second-class Commander Turles. What business do you have with me?" He let his gaze pierce her soul.

Bulma could not help but lower her eyes. He was so tall and well built, he was the epitome of perfection. Why hadn't she noticed him before? Her heart began to race as his gaze bore into her. This was the man she was to entertain tonight? But he seemed so different from the others. Unlike the two Saiya-jins at the table, he had stared at her but in a manner of respect. Something which Bulma thought no one would ever give her.

Her lips trembled, she wouldn't mind tonight after all. "My name is Bulma and with all due respect sir, you placed your name for an Oiran and I am the one who will accompany you tonight during your meal here and then later on..." She trailed off and looked up demurely into his eyes as she saw him frown. Five years had been long enough to change her from the brash character, to the more subdued woman she was today.

Vegeta felt his chest tighten in a strange manner, he couldn't name the emotion he was feeling for he had never felt it before. She couldn't be suggesting that she and Turles were to be coupled that night, could she? No. He wouldn't allow this, couldn't allow it. He didn't want anyone else to put their filthy paws on her. In the back of his mind, Vegeta had already claimed her for himself.

"I did no such thing." Turles commented, sitting back down and not looking at her.

"But I did," the one with the long spiky hair interjected.

She raised her perfectly arched eyebrow at this. Things were beginning to get interesting around here. She stood back and allowed them to speak.

Turles looked at Radditz in contempt, "You did what?" He hissed in contempt.

Radditz shrugged indifferently, "You seemed to take it hard when that other female called you a monster in front of everyone. I thought it would be nice for you to forget about it. Come on brother, you cannot deny that she isn't beautiful."

"Moron," Vegeta uttered under his breath, glad that no one heard apart from the blue haired beauty known as Bulma.

She hid her smile from the group of Saiya-jins but sighed, getting a bit tired of just standing around and not doing anything remotely interesting.

Turles shook with anger, but seemingly calmed it down. He turned to Bulma. "Forgive my brother's stupidity. You will not be needed, thank you for the assistance anyway."

Biting her lower lip, Bulma felt her heart go out to the tall handsome warrior. She bowed again and smiled, this time catching his eye and holding it in place. "Are you sure that you would not like me to spend the evening with you?" She tried once more. Toshio would kill her if she didn't at least try to get some money in tonight. She could see he was having great difficulty in holding his gaze with hers.

Finally he stammered out something incoherent. Bulma sighed and gave up, at least she could say that she tried. "Very well." Standing up straight, she addressed the entire table. "I am sorry to have interrupted your evening. But if you ever need my services again, please do not hesitate to ask for me." With a final bow of her head, she turned to leave.

"Wait." A deep but quiet voice that she did not recognize made her freeze mid-step. She turned around slowly and looked at the flame haired man that had finally spoken out. She, as well as his Saiya-jin companions, looked at him in surprise for speaking.

Vegeta motioned the two Oiran's that were sitting at his side, away. They left abruptly bowing and sending an evil glance in Bulma's direction. Bulma's eyes danced in amusement as she watched them go, mentally sticking her tongue out at them. They were two of the bad seeds amongst the Oiran girls, Bulma was glad that they were gone. They always did seem to have something against her and the other Oiran's. She turned back and gazed into the obsidian orbs that were already pulling her in. "Yes?" She asked somewhat hesitantly.

Vegeta smirked. "If this dunderhead is not willing to have you serve him," he motioned towards Turles, "Then I am." He found himself on the receiving end of everyone's surprised gazes. "What?" He snapped at his soldiers. They bowed their heads and looked away. He turned back to the beautiful creature. "What do you say woman?"

But Bulma stood transfixed by the intent stare he had placed upon her. She frowned at his used term for her name, but remained silent. Contemplating the consequences, she bowed her head and looked at the floor. In a low voice she began to whisper, "Whatever you desire sir."

"You may sit." He barked, causing everyone in a ten foot radius to jump.

Bulma stepped back hiding a wince, "If you would like some privacy, there are many rooms in the Inn where you and I could be... acquainted." She chose her words carefully. "Food will be brought up on your request and the rooms are all fitting for someone of your high stature."

Vegeta smirked, liking the idea of privacy. Up until now, he had to admit that things were rather dull. But they had taken a turn for the better. At least he had something to do now. He didn't always prefer to have whores by his side, but this little one seemed as though she could put up a good fight. "Very well. Take me to the rooms. Commander Nappa, you may return to the camp without me." Nappa nodded in agreement. In a flash, Vegeta stood up from his seat and was by Bulma's side.

Radditz leaned over to his brother. "What's up with him? He never takes bed partners." The slightly slow Saiya-jin whispered into Turles' ear. "He took your Oiran from you!"

Turles shook his head and refrained from punching his intellectually challenged brother. "Just shut up Radditz."

Bulma gasped at his fast pace. Clasping her hands in front of her, she nodded to a fellow Oiran that was not working that night and they were led to a secluded part of the Inn. As they left Bulma noticed the Saiya-jin warriors had all stood up and put their right fist over their left breast, in some sort of salute. As she walked beside him, with the other Oiran in front, many thoughts swirled around in her mind.

*****

In her unawareness Bulma unclasped her hands from their confines and lightly whacked the Saiya-jin no Ouji against his thigh. "Sorry," she blushed and looked away from his amused face.

The Oiran that had led them to the fifth floor of the Innstopped in front of a large door. She bowed at Vegeta. "The Saiya-jin no Ou has used a room like this once on his visit to Chikyuu-sei. There were many built, especially for Royals and elite soldiers. Only they are permitted to use the rooms. Food will shortly be served to you and in that time you can get acquainted with our most renowned Oiran, Bulma-san. I hope everything is to your liking." Giving a final bow, the Oiran made haste and left.

Bulma wondered why the Oiran was behaving in such a reserved manner, she sent a fleeting glance to Vegeta and shrugged. "Common courtesy." She stated, before flinging the door open and calmly stepping into the room. She turned to face him coolly, hiding whatever emotions she felt rather well. Gesturing towards the large table in the corner of the room, she motioned for him to take a seat. Vegeta did so without hesitation. For a brief moment, they sat face to face at the large table and stared at each other intently, neither one saying a word. Bulma wondered what his problem was and why he wasn't saying anything. Vegeta on the other hand found the staring match rather enticing and continued to peer into her endless blue eyes without saying a word.

A knock on the door interrupted the silent stand off. Bulma's eyes wavered and she reluctantly tore her gaze away from him. Standing up from the table, she opened the door to let a fellow Oiran wheel in a cart of food. Biting her lip, she sat back down at the table, across from the mysterious Saiya-jin. It was then she realized she knew nothing about him. She watched with eagle eyes as the Oiran served the Saiya-jin and then finally began to fill Bulma's plate. Bulma raised her hand, "That's enough." The Oiran nodded and placed the plate in front of Bulma. Her statement earned her a curious glance from the Saiya-jin, who she now presumed was an elite warrior due to his commanding presence. Upon receiving the glance, Bulma raised her own eyebrow.

"I don't like to fill myself before I sleep." She commented, trying to get a conversation started. "Besides, too much food gives you gas." She thought he would laugh, but his expression remained stony as he continued to stare. Shaking her head, Bulma waved away the Oiran. As the door closed behind her, Bulma whipped her head back to the silent Saiya-jin, who was now beginning to make her feel uncomfortable.

"What is your problem?" She asked in a highly irritated manner, unable to take the silence any longer. It was rude to stay silent when you were in the presence of an Oiran.

This simply caused Vegeta to raise his eyebrow. "Eat." He motioned for her to start eating and began to feed himself in great proportions.

Bulma gaped at him and began muttering under her breath, "Damn Saiya-jins, why do I get stuck with the weird ones." She lifted the fork to her lips.

"I heard that, fool." Vegeta's eyes narrowed at her abrasive statement.

She froze with the fork mid-air. Anger began to bubble in the depths of her stomach. "So what if you heard that? It's the truth!"

He was taken aback with her upfront attitude. He did not think that she would actually argue with him. No one had ever dreamed to argue with him before and now this tiny female dared to do so? Rather than be angry, Vegeta found himself intrigued and slightly amused. "You should be careful what you say to me little one. I could crush your pathetic form in a nano second." He gave her another harsh comment, wanting to see if she could be baited.

Without failure, Bulma rose to the bait. "Go ahead, you worthless Saiya- jin! See if I care." She slammed the fork down on the plate with equal force. "All of you Saiya-jins are the same. Pathetic and stupid and, and..." She trailed off not knowing what else to say in the anger she was feeling. Never before had she felt so angry towards a person. This guy just set her blood boiling, with his cocky comments and thinking of himself as being 'greater' than anything in his presence. It was an instant dislike that Bulma had formed against the man. At least in the morning she may not remember being in his presence at all.

"And what, woman. Finish what you were saying." He folded his arms.

Bulma was seething beneath her restrained countenance. What an arrogant jerk! "And, and I hope you rot in hell!" She flipped him the bird.

Vegeta, who did not know what this signal was, assumed that it was a bad one in any case. He smirked, once again baiting her. "Nice one, Onna. Maybe next time you can think of a better come back."

Pushing away her plate before she threw it on the floor, she stood up abruptly. "My name is Bulma." Her teeth grinded together in a challenging manner.

"I know. But I prefer calling you Onna. It suits you, Onna." He countered, sitting back in a relaxed fashion.

She gripped the edge of the table, causing her knuckles to turn white. "Bulma!"

"Onna."

"Bulma!!"

"Onna."

She screamed in frustration. Stalking up to where he was sitting, she leaned down and pushed her face close to his. "Bul-ma!!!" She hissed between gritted teeth.

Captured by the fire her eyes were spitting, the smirk on his face grew. Standing up from his seated position, he towered over her and began to walk forward, in return making her step back in apprehension.

Bulma began to back away instinctively. She could almost see an animal waiting to strike, hiding in the depths of his onyx eyes. "What are you doing?" She held her hands out in front of her chest as he continued to walk in her direction. She gasped as she found her back pinned up against the wall. She cursed herself inwardly for not being more careful. Bulma was scared that she had angered the Saiya-jin warrior, in turn she began to shake with hidden fear.

Vegeta was oblivious to the fear that Bulma was experiencing at the current moment. The smirk on his face widened as she found herself pinned against the wall. Not wasting anytime, he enclosed the space, making sure she had no place left to escape. The soft blue curls surrounding her face seemed as though they were begging to be touched. Without thinking, he raised his hand and gently brushed them away from her face. Slowly edging his face closer to her, a low chuckle escaped as he saw hints of her frightened state.

Squeezing her eyes shut, her breathing quickened to an erratic pace as she waited for something, anything.

With a smile tugging at his lips, he raised them to her ear and whispered into it. "Onna," the rush of breath that escaped his parched lips entered her ear and caused her to involuntarily react.

Bulma shivered at the rush of hot breath that tickled the inside of her ear. When nothing else happened, she opened her eyes in confusion, finding herself staring into two cold orbs that were equally searching hers. Shaking in anticipation, she did not dare to move. She could feel his black depths pulling her towards him with an instant attraction as though they were magnetized to hers. Without thinking she leaned in closer, tilting her head at the same time.

Vegeta stood perfectly still as Bulma brought her face even closer to his. He didn't know what to do about the current situation he was in and so remained un-phased. The inch wide gap between their faces closed at a rapid pace and not hesitating any further, she pushed her lips lightly against his waiting for a reaction. A thousand shock waves of pleasure assaulted his nerve cells. He had never felt anything so pleasurable in his life.

All of his life, all he had known was pain and now to have a pair of beautiful flushed lips rubbing against his caused a strange sensation to form in the pit of his stomach, something which he only thought battle brought him. Excitement. But this was a different kind of excitement, it was far greater than the excitement he felt in battle. On Vegeta-sei, there was no such thing known as touching one's lips to another's.

He had heard many soldiers in the camp exclaim and boast about the new action they had discovered on Chikyuu-sei but had never witnessed how it felt first hand, until now. Sure, he had encountered many bed partners on Vegeta-sei but none of them had caused him to feel this sort of a pleasurable sensation. Through the touch of lips. Unheard of and taboo, he didn't give a shit as he mimicked her motions and pushed his lips deeper against hers.

Bulma grinned inwardly at the soft, sweet kiss that taking place between herself and the mysterious Saiya-jin warrior, whose name she did not even know. She was used to the kisses she received, but this was unlike any other. Bulma also knew that many of the Saiya-jin warriors had never experienced kissing before and had been lacking in that department. It seemed as though this warrior was no different from the rest, but something in his countenance showed her that he was a fast learner.

It had taken most of the warriors a few days to learn the art of kissing, but Bulma could tell that this warrior was different. Parting her lips even more, she dared to run her tongue along the inside of his lower lip causing him to take in a sharp breath of surprise. It was her job to give this warrior the pleasure he paid for and so without further procrastination, she wound her arms around his neck and pushed her small frame against his large one.

As she pushed him back, Vegeta felt his control begin to slip. Now he had no control over his actions, they were all purely driven by the intense pleasure. He crushed her small form to his and held back a groan as she ground her hips against his. Bulma moaned as she felt his hot tongue slide into her mouth and caress her own throbbing organ. She gasped as she felt herself being lifted up and pushed back against the concrete wall. Wrapping her legs around his hips, she rested comfortably there and continued to pull savagely on his top lip as the passion and heat increased tenfold.

The evening would be certainly memorable for the Saiya-jin no Ouji, of that much he was sure. A dazzling yet cunning smirk creased its way upon his lips as he took her towards the bed.

*****

The morning rays hit Bulma's eyes harshly. Grumbling, she pulled the covers up over her head. The events of the previous evening had no effect on her. She couldn't remember a thing. Well, she could but it was only minor details, such as who she was with the previous night. Blinking herself awake, she sat up clutching the crisp white sheets to her chest. As her eyes grazed over the room, noticed the sleeping form that was still beside her. A frown puckered on her petite features. Saiya-jin warriors almost never stayed after the Oiran woke up. In fact they would all purposely leave before the Oiran had woken up, such was the tradition. Maybe this guy didn't know that, Bulma thought to herself.

Carefully sliding out of the sheets, she quietly ran over to the fallen clothes on the floor. Thinking that she was in the clear, she quickly slipped the dress on and tip toed to the door. That reminded her, did she give the customer the 'jolly' pill? Cursing for the lack of memory, she was about to turn the handle when a cold voice stopped her.

"That eager to get away Onna?"

Swallowing loudly, she turned around with a fake smile on her face. "I have other business to attend to, sir. I hope everything was to your liking last night," she looked up coyly into his eyes.

Vegeta grunted, holding back the arousing feelings he had strangely attained. This was certainly new for the Saiya-jin no Ouji. He didn't think he could want the same female twice and yet here he was staring at the blue haired wonder, with lust in his eyes. It was a good thing that she could not the desire burning in them, if she had then his pride would have truly been damaged.

Bulma bit her lip, smoothing her ruffled hair down. Clearing her throat, she pulled the door open. The uncomfortable silence was beginning to drone on her nerves. "Good day, sir." Before he could reply, she shuffled through the door and slammed it shut behind her. As she took her first few strong steps, she winced at the pain between her legs. She had never experienced the uncomfortable pain since the first night she had become an Oiran. Had the previous night been so rough? Shrugging, she walked down the unusually quiet hall of the Inn. It was like this every morning, only until the sun set did the clients and punters start pouring in.

Her thoughts wandered back to the Saiya-jin warrior with which she spent her evening with. He had been extremely handsome, apart from the fact that he had also seemed extremely rude. For once in her life, she cursed her genius tendencies for inventing the 'jolly' pill. If she hadn't taken it then she would have remembered who the Saiya-jin was. Shaking her head in disgust, she made her way to her own room on the sixth floor of the Inn for a nice long bath. Her services were no longer needed until nightfall again.

*****

Vegeta felt as though he could have blasted her right there and then for ignoring his need of her. Closing his eyes, he inhaled the heavily intoxicating body scent that hung in the air from the previous nights endeavour. He had never been so affected by a female before and it was rather unbecoming for him. He hated having these unexpected feelings. Growling with inner turmoil, he phased out of the bed and threw on his blue gi that had been tossed carelessly to the floor. He had to get back to his Royal quarter and check on the Saiya-jin camps. He was glad to be returning to Vegeta-sei that very evening, maybe then the cerulean eyes that haunted him would disappear. This was ridiculous as he already wanted to feel her soft skin yet again.

But as he paid his fee and made his way out of the six-story Inn, he couldn't help but take a final glance at it, hoping to catch a glimpse through the windows of the female that had enticed him so much.

Smirking, he rose off his feet and blasted off towards his Royal quarters. All the while thinking one thing;

'I'll be back for you, little one.'

************************************************************ ***********