Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Oiran ❯ Part III ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

***********************************************************************

Vegeta stepped wearily into his large bedroom. He was surprised to find his little Oiran curled up into a ball and already asleep on the large bed. A scowl wove its way onto his face. He walked up to her as she slept and was about to shake her awake, when he paused and contemplated his actions. Pulling his hand back, he glowered down at her sleeping form and simply spoke.

"Wake up!" He snapped, for some reason he wished his voice didn't sound so harsh.

Bulma gasped at the sudden outburst and snapped her eyes open. She sat up groggily and rubbed her eyes, blinking away the sleep. When she finally became coherent enough, she gaped at the Saiya-jin soldier before her.

Her eyes widened in realization and she jumped off the bed, backing away from the man that had a cruel expression across his features. "YOU!" Why on Chikyuu-sei was he here?!

*********************************************************** ************

Bulma glared at the so-called warrior that stood arrogantly before her. "What are you doing here?" she asked again, wondering why in Heavens he wasn't answering her. She tilted her head, not understanding how a common soldier, even if he was considered an elite, was allowed into a Royal chamber.

The simple smirk that darkened his features, brought a tinge of fear into Bulma's heart. She continued to unconsciously step back, right up until she found the base of her thighs trapped against the strangely shaped sofa. A cry of surprise leapt from her throat as the Saiya-jin soldier advanced upon her at the speed of light.

She gripped the back of the sofa, trying to steady herself as his delectable, muscled body pressed tightly against hers. Slowly raising her eyes, she met his unscrupulous gaze, causing a shiver to race down her spine as his arms encircled her waist. A silent prayer escaped her thoughts, hoping he had not sensed the shiver. But the gods were not merciful to her that day. He had indeed sensed the minuscule shudder of her body and she knew he would use it against her.

Vegeta let his brazened smirk widen in amusement at the reactions he was causing her to experience. He brought his lips to her small, delicate ear and chuckled cruelly into it.

She winced at the harsh undertones of his chuckle. Gathering up as much courage as she could, she pressed her small hands against his rock hard chest and tried to push him away. "If the Prince finds you here, you will be punished. Please, leave. For your own sake and mine," she said fearfully, her voice nothing above a whisper.

He wanted to laugh at her ridiculous statement. It was utterly comical! Him be punished by the Prince? He was the Prince! It was certainly the most terrific joke he had ever heard. But he had finally come the knowledge that the little Chikyuu-jin was in ignorance of his true heritage. He decided to put her human mind at rest and reveal the truth. "How do you think the Prince will punish me, if he is standing right before you, Oiran." His hot breath caressed the folds of her ear softly, allowing his husky tone to resound in her head. She suddenly felt extremely light- headed.

Vegeta watched in amazement as a flurry of emotions flew across her flushed face. Realization, surprise, anger, hatred and finally a concoction of emotions that caused Vegeta to wince inwardly, sadness and defeat. He felt her body sag in his arms, as if the little energy she kept was drained away by an imaginary force. Confused by her reaction, he removed his arms and took a step backwards, fully observing her.

Bulma felt her throat constrict in pain as the awful news from the man before her sunk in. With a strangled cry her body crumpled to the floor lifelessly. Nausea washed over her as she realized just whom she had spent the previous evening with and had given her body to. The Prince of Murderers. The Prince of a race that had killed her family and her beloved friends. He was partially the reason for her current situation on Chikyuu- sei. Had it not been for him and his race, Chikyuu-sei would have been prospering. Now it was nothing but an urban and desolate planet, stripped of its pride in technology to have nothing... Absolutely nothing.

Before she could stop herself, a choked sob released itself from her gagging mouth. Even though her strangled cries reverberated off the slick walls, she did not allow any tears to fall from her eyes.

He frowned at the strange behaviour before him. He had never seen another being with such little dignity as to show their emotions as she did. "Get up," he hissed awkwardly, not enjoying the spectacle of a crying woman. The shrill cries were beginning to hurt his sensitive ears.

As his baritone voice echoed through her ears, Bulma felt herself break. Not physically, but mentally. She was so tired. Completely and utterly exhausted. The last five years of her life had been an emotional roller coaster and today was no different. In fact, this very day had been icing on her cake, a rather bitter cake.

She didn't think she could take it anymore. Five constant years of living without freedom, without comfort and love was taking its toll on the small woman. And so, she felt her soul shatter into a million pieces, a shell of her former self until she could be found again. But where would she search for another soul?

Her tiny figure trembled beneath the sheer blue dress that clung to her curves. A burst of anger rushed forward within her. Slowly rising to her feet, she glared harshly at the Saiya-jin no Ouji before her.

Vegeta's lips curled up in slight amusement. The woman had spunk, he had to give her that.

What happened next was so completely beyond comprehension, that he never saw it coming.

Bulma snarled and lunged towards the larger male, blind rage eclipsing her common sense. She shrieked, bringing her tiny fists down upon his rock hard chest, only hurting herself in the process. "I hate you!!" she cried in between the meek punches she was delivering to the great warrior.

Vegeta was taken aback by the sudden outburst. One minute the woman was crumpled to the floor and the next, she was like a raving lunatic. Without effort, he grabbed her wrists and threw her to the floor, growing angrier by the minute. This was how she repaid him, by showing him insolence?! After he took her away from leading a life as nothing but a whore, to make her more than what she was, and this is the thanks that she gave him!

His eyes narrowed dangerously, he knew that if she didn't leave his sight, he might do something he would regret, but he couldn't allow himself to let her escape. Growling, he knelt down beside her fallen frame and grabbed her cheeks between one gloved hand. He stared coldly into the seemingly lifeless eyes. "You try my patience, chibi Oiran. I expected more from you, it seems as though I were wrong. You are nothing but a whore, and a whore you shall remain." As he spoke the words, he felt himself sinking into the blue depths of her eyes. Never had his feelings contradicted his words so greatly.

Bulma's chest heaved in unkempt rage. She drew her head from his hold, pulled back and spat fearlessly into his face.

Silence filled the room.

It seemed weigh down on her shoulders as she found herself transfixed by the thin line of sparkling saliva that trickled down his jaw. She had to admit, she had a very good aim.

Vegeta blinked once, then twice. As if in slow motion, his gloved hand reached up and wiped the lower region of his jaw. Removing his hand, he stared down at the glistening spit that dotted his glove. Such a semblance of hate was present in the spit that had been hurled onto his face. A throaty snarl worked its way out of Vegeta's mouth. He wiped away the remainder of the saliva that was slowly making its way down his jaw. With unbridled anger, he scowled in a frightening manner at the small Chikyuu- jin woman, making her shrink back and cower.

He, a Prince, being spat upon as though he were nothing but swine. It was all too much for Vegeta to take. A nagging voice in the back of his head made it known, he had found his match in temper and rage. No other being would have done what she had, it was enough to send his heated emotions into over drive. But the image of the beautiful woman spitting in his face, caused all of his feelings to be canceled out by the fearful Saiya- jin temper. Not once in his life had he been spat upon. Not even Frieza had dared to act out such an abomination upon him, and yet she did.

The ultimate insult for the Prince.

Reasonable thought gone from him, he roughly pushed her to the ground and straddled her fragile waist, pinning her arms above her head. He brought his face close to hers, his actions a result of irrational thought.

Bulma struggled beneath the large Prince, but much to her dismay, she couldn't move a muscle. Her eyes widened, wondering what he was going to do to her. He wouldn't. Her breathing halted, raspy short breaths coming out as her bronchioles contracted and dilated. She couldn't seem to breathe. In a futile attempt, she tried to kick her leg up, hoping to hit him in the back. "Get off of me!" she screamed, her voice hoarse as she tried to catch her breath.

Vegeta sat firmly on her stomach, not allowing her stray leg to hit him as she was pinned helplessly beneath him. He snarled, his hand drawing back to slap her in the face, an involuntary action on his behalf. He had done much worse to a woman for less than the way she spewed her germs onto his Royal flesh. She was on the brink of insanity and the bitch needed to be taught a lesson... But her beauty, even in the cowering state, could not be denied. He wanted to kill her, but his need to touch her pink lips outweighed every other seed of rage that had been implanted in his stomach. He wasn't going to let her get away from her punishment. She needed to learn to respect him and the only way she would, was to show her how easily he could manipulate her. Bulma gasped and squeezed her eyes shut, waiting for the sickening impact of flesh against flesh.

But it never came.

In the presence of the slap, she felt dry lips push roughly against hers, forcing her to open her mouth in response. She shivered at the murderous hands that ran down her sides, a burst of passion and desire erupting within her. The sensation of his hands were enough to drive her off the edge of a dangerous cliff, into the jagged rocks below.

Her tingling flesh was enough to remind her of the betrayal she would have to endure. The memories of her dead friends and parents haunted her as the tension eased from her body and found herself kissing him back-kissing the enemy. Shallow pools of tears formed in her closed eyes, refusing to fall as an image of the brilliant yellow ki that had swallowed her friends threatened to do the same to her. Once he was finished with her, she would be thrown away like a deformed new born, her life in danger from the very man that touched her so erotically.

She felt sick.

As his lips trailed down to the nape of her neck, Bulma could feel the bile rise. The small moans of pleasure had turned to protest as she tried relentlessly to push his large form away. The weight from her body lifted and she promptly rolled away, kneeling on all fours as the bile continued to rise and spill from her mouth. Her body wracked in hacking coughs as she tried desperately not to choke on her own vomit.

He watched in disgust and curiosity at the way in which her body reacted to his touch. Could she despise him so much as to be physically sick at the touch of his hand? He sneered down at her, backing away as though she were a rabid dog. She had the actual nerve to spit upon him, and insult him further by refusing him. He shook his head, thinking that she would not be rid of him that easily if he had his way.

A shiny object rolled out from beneath her, catching his eye.

He frowned and carefully picked it up between his thumb and index finger, rolling it around in curiosity. The button that stuck out caught his attention. It seemed so inviting. Letting curiosity get the better of him, he ignored the coughing and gagging woman as he pressed the button.

Bulma watched from the corner of her eye as Vegeta pressed the button of her precious capsule. "No!" she sputtered, trying to catch her breath.

Vegeta ignored her and frowned as he pressed the button again, why wasn't anything happening?

Bulma watched fearfully from her position on the floor, as he pressed the button of her capsule for a second time. She cursed herself for being so careless. If he pressed it again, the self-destructive mechanism would be activated and the entire room would be blown apart. She had installed it purposely for this very reason, to stop Saiya-jins from accessing her capsules.

They had no knowledge that the capsule needed to be thrown onto the floor in order for it to open and so she had ingeniously planet the destructive mechanism if a Saiya-jin ever laid their hands on one of her capsules. Her eyes widened in horror as his thumb moved to press the button a third time, ensuring her death, if not his. "Throw it to the ground!" She screamed, her voice rough and overused. She grimaced as her throat burned from the acidic bile that had risen up.

The Saiya-jin no Ouji gave her an odd look, contemplating her words. She seemed so frightened, desperation coloring her cheeks in fervor. For once, Vegeta did as he was told. He threw the capsule to the ground, the look of fear in her eyes had instantly vanished. His mouth hung slightly open as a cloud of smoke formed suddenly with a loud 'Boom'. Trying his damnedest not to choke on the gas, he snarled.

The little witch had tricked him! She was trying to poison him with her gas. But it didn't seem to have worked, as he felt no different. He gloated at his victory, pushing away the smoke with one hand. Storming over to her shuddering body, he yanked her up and scowled dangerously. "Bitch, did you think your attempt to kill me would work? I am the Saiya- jin no Ouji, nothing can destroy me. Not Frieza and most certainly not you!" He shook her roughly by the shoulders and let one of his hand's curl around her swanlike neck.

Bulma gaped at him. She had just saved his life, and hers, and he was calling her a bitch and strangling her to death. Nausea once again settled in her stomach as her oxygen supply was slowly depleting.. She meekly pointed at something on the floor beside him, fear evident in her eyes that he would choke her to the brink of death.

Out of the corner of his eye, Vegeta could see a strange object. He turned his head and was stunned at the object that had miraculously appeared in his room. He stared in awe at the sleek red coloured jet motorbike in the centre of his room. Where the fuck did that come from? Growling, he returned his gaze back to the woman held painfully tightly in his arms. "You better tell me what that was and how it got here Oiran. Or else I will gladly guarantee your death."

She shook at his cruel words. "I-It's my hover-bike," she trailed off as his eyes darkened.

"I know what it is," he snapped, "I want to know how it got here."

Bulma gasped, trying to breath, the bitter after taste of vomit still fresh in her mouth. "I-It was a c-capsule, a storage capsule. You can put any object in it, of any size. You just have to re-capsulate it by pressing that," she pointed to the small button that was visible on the side-view mirror of the hover bike.

"Why have I never seen this piece of technology before?" He demanded, his grip on her thin neck loosening. Bulma squinted at the floor, her eyes refusing to look up into his. He shook her by the neck, violently. "Answer me bitch, or I will make you wish you had never met me."

Slowly but surely, she lifted her gaze, her eyes staring straight into the two angry and glittering obsidian orbs. She started to speak softly, afraid of what he may do to her. "They are my capsules, my father manufactured them in his company. He was doing well until... You came. I ordered all traces of their production to be eradicated on Chikyuu-sei, before you Saiya-jins could lay your dirty paws on them. You stole every piece of technology from us and I wasn't about to let you taint my father's legacy by stealing his hard work!" By now, the rage and pain from the past five years came gushing out from her bitter words. Vegeta's eye twitched slightly as she continued to speak, taking in her heavy words solemnly.

"Did you actually think that I would be stupid enough to let them come into your possession, or any other piece of technology we manufactured? You stupid Saiya-jins couldn't even tell right from left, no wonder you had to enslave our planet for technology. You call yourself a warrior race? You delude yourself, you are nothing but barbarians, cave men, who don't appreciate the true beauty of the mind! Kami only knows what you want with all the technology you have acquired. You have no respect for others' hard work and steal it and indulge in it yourself and for that I hate you all! DO YOU HEAR ME? I HATE YOU ALL!!" By now she was screaming at the top of her lungs, the vice grip on her neck holding her back from clawing at his face. She wanted to rake her nails through the arrogant features, she wanted to see him bleed for all the pain his Saiya-jin race had caused her and for the death she had seen in the past five years.

He knocked her away then, disgusted by her human emotions she was displaying. She would never know why his race were trying to acquire as much technology as possible and he had no intention of telling her-Yet. The heaviness of her words would not leave his mind. She must have truly suffered, for all the pain she had felt came pouring out in a matter of minutes. She spoke honestly, bared her soul to him in that moment and Vegeta could see her in a completely new light. They were so different.

She was the day. She was light, an exuberant force, but rage burned within her, like one of the many stars that were near Vegeta-sei, in its final stages about to burst into flames and explode, devouring and burning everything that stood in its path. But he, he was the night, shrouded in a cloak of black hatred ready to let his dark rage consume anything and everything.

Secrets were kept hidden in the darkness he had covered himself with. And he had many of them, some of which were too painful to recall. He would not allow emotions to rule him, whereas she did. Both, a compliment to one another, yet different in so many ways. A distant memory came to his mind, one where he distinctly remembered showing his emotions. It had been the one and only time in which he had allowed himself to show his feelings.

It had been during his battle with Frieza, because of...

He snarled, not wanting to delve any deeper into the memories. He stalked up to the large double doors and pushed his finger against a miniature blue button that was embedded into the wall.

"Yes Your Highness?" A voice crackled through the tiny square button that seemed invisible against the wall.

"Send Nappa to me at once along with Idalia and a cleaning slave. I wish to see them both."

The voice on the other side paused briefly, unsure of his Prince's intention. "Very well Sire, Elite Guard Nappa will arrive at you chambers shortly, along with Lady Idalia and the servant." He repeated, making sure he took down the orders correctly. He did want to have his head blasted off by the short tempered Prince.

Vegeta removed his finger from the blue button, almost allowing a sigh to form. He glared angrily at the shuddering form of the small woman. It seemed as though he would have to punish her later for her insolence. As he approached her, he brought his hand down and struck her without a second thought, knocking her unconscious. He had important business to discuss and it would be easier if she was not awake.

Walking to the hover-bike, he pressed the small button Bulma had pointed to and watch in amazement as the bike re-capsulated. He gathered the other capsules that had rolled out from beneath Bulma. Gripping them tightly in the palm of his hand, he picked up the unconscious woman and laid her gently on the bed, pausing to stare at her stained and pouted cherry lips. He had never seen such lips before, so plush and round.

His eyes widened and he sneered at the weak thoughts he was having for the woman. He would never let himself become entranced with a female, especially the blue haired female that was laying on his bed. Grunting, he forced himself to walk away and made his way to the strangely shaped sofa on the other side of the room. He sat down, still rolling the small capsules in his fingers.

Chikyuu-jins seemed to have such odd yet intriguing technology and it was because of this that Vegeta-sei had claimed Chikyuu-sei a sister planet. But Vegeta-sei had not always been infatuated with technology. It was a planet of war and blood lust, no weakling was safe on the planet. They would have been crushed by the planet's gravity, and if that did not kill them, the other warriors would.

Saiya-jins were not particularly fond of the intellectual beings that possessed no power. But now the planet seemed to have evolved, wanting to accumulate knowledge as well as power and it had been because of something Frieza had mentioned to Vegeta during his last breath in the living world. 'You'll need more wits than brawn' After five years, his feminine voice still rang clearly in his mind, making him relive the painful moments he had endured with the madman before he had accumulated the power to kill him.

Vegeta's eyes began to droop. The long and tiresome day was taking its toll on the usually alert Saiya-jin no Ouji. As sleep descended on him, Vegeta desperately tried to shake away the recurring dream that was already forming in his subconscious. The dream was a constant reminder to him of the painful moments before the glorious victory that had taken place.

~***~

That cackle...

That womanish, evil laugh that had haunted Vegeta in his sleep for so long was mocking him once again in full force. But this time he wouldn't wake up to a sweat-drenched bed. The laughter would not cease, because he was not asleep. It was real and so was the that tyrant stood a few feet away from his fallen and crushed form.

Vegeta howled in pure rage, slamming his fist down into the snow covered ground that he had been thrown recklessly upon. He tried with all his might to push himself up from the ground, but just as he thought he could heave himself back up, he fell once again. He gurgled and he sprayed out the blood that had rushed to his mouth, afraid he would choke on his own blood.

The red curds of blood drenched the sparkling snow flakes. The red liquid of life flowed and seeped deeper into the snow, staining the beautiful yet harsh land beneath him. He watched, mesmerized, as his own blood seemed to spread out into a glorious scarlet pattern. He thought it looked like one of the many dragon flies back on his home planet, so beautiful, yet so deadly.

He cried out as a hard elbow crunched down onto his lower back. He shook his head, thinking that death would soon be upon him, for he was growing delusional by the minute. As he lifted his head painfully, he could see and hear the thunder claps of detonating ki that were illuminating the blue and icy sky. With each bang that covered Baraf-sei, it was as if a great fireworks display had gone underway. But Vegeta knew better than that. From the great distance that he was, he could hear the echoing battle cries and screams of his and Frieza's army. Both armies not relenting, neither armies daring to give up.

The rays of ki that turned the ice blue sky to blood red and yellow, caused some of the ice peaks in the distance to melt. Vegeta could not deny the planet's beauty. It was hard to believe that such a breath taking and beautiful planet was Frieza's home.

He found himself being picked up by the throat. Vegeta winced inwardly as the trapped blood in his oesophagus was squeezed painfully. He was losing to the slimy bastard, and he knew it.

"What's the matter Ouji-sama?" The cocky lizard spat into his ear, "Did you seem to lose your balance there for a moment? I hope not, for your sake." Frieza laughed gleefully, delivering a light but teasing blow to one of the Saiya-jin no Ouji's kidneys.

Vegeta grunted at the pain. It had been a good thing they were away from the fighting armies on the other side of the huge icy peaks. He did not think he could suffer further humiliation, to be seen in such a crushed state by his soldiers. He would never live it down. Vegeta hung limply as the lizard's grip on his neck tightened dangerously. He could slowly feel the energy drain from his body.

"I told your father to join me, but he refused. What can I expect from a bunch of pesky monkeys."

Vegeta growled at the insult but stopped abruptly as he found himself airborne, finally slamming into one of the sturdy ice peaks. He felt the ice crack as he remained implanted into the bottom of the hard peak, his arms and legs outstretched to resemble a star.

Blood trickled from the corner of his right eye. Vegeta could feel himself losing the icy surroundings as he slowly began slipping into unconsciousness. He tried with all his strength to keep his eyes open, as Frieza's transformed body sauntered up to his fixed position. He couldn't believe that he had lasted this long against Frieza in his final form.

The bastard hadn't even bothered to try his other transformations, he had gone straight for the crunch, transforming into his final form. Frieza knew that Vegeta would be a challenge, but after the first few blows Vegeta had delivered, the lizard knew he was in way over his head and so he transformed without hesitation. Vegeta sneered as he remembered the cowardly act committed by Frieza. He snarled as Frieza stood before him, he was not able to move his arms or legs from the implanted ice prison around him. Weariness took hold of the proud Prince.

Vegeta's heavy eyelids dropped slightly as Frieza's sleek face hovered centimetres away from his.

The cool ruby eyes danced in sick merriment at Vegeta's position. "What ever is the matter Ouji-sama?" he asked mockingly. "Don't tell me this is the best you have," Frieza taunted as he brought his fist down roughly onto the Prince's face, fracturing his jaw.

Vegeta winced, he bit back a yell as a searing pain rushed down his neck. He growled painfully as Frieza raked one of his black talons down his bare torso, the armor destroyed from the first few blows dealt to him by the monster. Blood trickled down from the shallow cut and he watched suspiciously as Frieza stepped back, his arm poised out, hand up and ready to aim.

Frieza chuckled, "Say good-bye monkey Prince. Such a shame you and your father are so alike. You would have made a good addition to my army."

"I would rather die and be sent to the pits of hell then join a mother fucker like you," Vegeta spat, amazed that he found the strength to speak.

Frieza eyes widened, "Why you little-" Not bothering to finish his sentence, the lizard growled and began to power up. Each wave of ki that burst from him became concentrated in the out stretched palm of his hand.

Vegeta felt himself shake. He couldn't place the emotion he was feeling, because he had never felt it before. It was fear... His eyes grew large and round as the concentrated ki in Frieza's grew to such a magnitude, that it covered the lizards body. Surely he wasn't going to use that blast on him?! But Vegeta knew that every minuscule piece of energy within the ball was made for him, set to burn him to nothing and leaving no trace of him in its wake. He was meant to be eradicated, in the complete sense of the word. A scream burned within Vegeta's throat, threatening to escape. But he would not scream, not for all the power in the world. He would be damned if he showed Frieza the true extent of his fear.

Vegeta closed his eyes, bracing himself for the impact of the ki ball on his body. He could sense the burning of his flesh even now, before the blast had even been delivered. Vegeta shuddered, not believing his fate and luck. He had left his training in haste to come and fight. But he now he knew that no matter how much stronger he had become, Frieza would always have the upper hand.

He had not even reached his goal of becoming the Legendary. And now, he never would.

The ground beneath began to tremble, causing the icy peak in which he was entrapped to shake violently. This was it, this was the end. Vegeta braced himself for what was to come. He would die as a true warrior would. He would die with pride and in the end, he would know that his pride had been the reason for his death.

~Forgive me father~

A scream tore through his mind and echoed throughout the snow covered land. Vegeta's eyes snapped open, just in time to see a blur of large blue ki strike Frieza from the side.

The unguarded and unaware lizard roared in frustration as he was knocked roughly into one of the icy peaks, a half mile away.

Vegeta looked to the origin of the ki blast and almost smiled in relief as his eyes made out the blurred form of his younger sister, who was breathing heavily in the distance. Her red cape was being whipped around harshly by the torrents of wind. Vegeta narrowed his eyes and took in the haggard appearance of his sister. Blood had been smeared across her white and blue armoured chest plate, the colours of Vegeta-sei, indicating that she had held nothing back in the war between the Baraf-jins and the Saiya-jins. Even her auburn shaded hair was coated in thick blood, the enemy's blood.

The great distance between them could not hide the lust of battle that shone brightly in her strangely coloured green eyes, the first to ever be seen on the warrior planet. It had been a blessing that she was announced as the strongest female Saiya-jin to be born in over three centuries. If she had not been strong at birth, she would have been sacrificed to God of War, in one of the many Saiya-jin temples. Vegeta's eyes snapped in alarm as she staggered forward. She had put a lot of force into that energy wave. He had escaped death's clutches once again, this time because of her ingenuity. He thanked the Heavens of Vegeta-sei for allowing his sister to possess enough power to knock the lizard away.

Veta flew down to her elder brother. She had followed him and the tyrant known as Frieza from the first moment they separated from the battle field. She hadn't dared to interrupt their ongoing battle, watching secretly from behind one of the many ice peaks and rocks. She had watched helplessly as the lizard transformed and began to pound her brother into a bloody pulp. Even then she had not interfered, too immersed in watching the battle.

Only until she had seen her brother unable to fight back, stuck in the imprints of the peak, had she seen the true extent of Frieza's power. She hadn't known that the tyrant held so much power as to crush her brother to nothing. He was the strongest fighter on Vegeta-sei, nothing could defeat him.

It didn't make sense to her; none of it did, even as she watched the enormous ki ball form within the lizard's palm. But as she watched it grow to an unimaginable size, she knew she had to do something.

As she approached, Veta pulled him from his ice prison. "Brother!" she slung his limp arm around her neck as he leaned heavily against her, utterly exhausted. They slowly walked across the snowy terrain. "Are you alright?"

The relief that Vegeta had momentarily felt, faded. He pulled away from his sister. Saved by his younger sibling! It was truly pathetic. He glared at her hurt face. "Fool! Why did you interfere?!"

Veta sighed, once again approaching her brother's haggard body. "Because if I didn't, you would have died..." she trailed off, once again placing his arm around her neck to support him.

Vegeta frowned as he limped along with her. "You need to get away from here," he growled, "If that bastard finds out you knocked him away, he'll kill you without a moment's thought." Concern for his younger sister grew. He felt a tinge of pride grow as he stared into her defiant coal eyes, no trace of fear within them.

She had grown so much, turned into a prime fighter and it was all because of him. He had trained her even though she was ten years his junior, he smirked as he remembered the first time she had begged to be trained. He was eighteen and she had been merely eight years of age. He could still hear her pleading voice, begging him to train her.

Veta smiled enigmatically. "Don't worry about me, brother, I can handle that-" Her eyes widened as she felt a stinging sensation burn through her back, piercing through her rib cage and bursting out through the front of her armour. Her grip on Vegeta loosened as she fell backwards, landing on the snow covered ground with a hollow thump, her eyes still open in shock.

The shrill cackle was even louder than before.

He watched in horror as the beam of ki pierced through his sister's body. In slow motion, he saw her body being ripped from his, her grip loosened as she fell back. "Veta..." He croaked. Vegeta watched in shock as her body started to spasm on the ground, his baby sister was desperately trying to hold onto her life. He fell to the ground with her, cradling her head in his hand. The blood gushed from the open wound, splattering onto the white snow. His hand brushed over the wound shakily as he looked into her tortured eyes.

Her breath was now coming in short rasps, slowing by the minute. "V- Vegeta... T-tell father to forgive me..." She gasped as a wave of pain flowed through her body. Her eyes rolled to the back of her head and she slumped back lifelessly into her brother's arms. Vegeta felt sick as her blood stained his hands. It was because of him she had died.

"Stupid bitch thinks she can outsmart me!"

Frieza's voice reached Vegeta, causing him to snap from his trance. Vegeta snarled in a blind rage, as he gently placed his sister's head onto the soft snow. Standing slowly, he turned around and faced his sister's murderer. He felt the anger and pain well up inside, threatening to burst forth. He glanced down at the dead body of his sister and back up to the smug face of Frieza. He took a vow right there and then, to avenge her and bring retribution. He would have his revenge on the tyrant, even if that meant killing himself in the process. Because for once, Vegeta was fighting for someone other than himself. He was fighting for his sister's honour, for her pride... He was fighting for her.

Vegeta threw his head back and roared into the sky, his blood curdling scream echoed throughout the frozen landscape, even the fighters over the ridge paused mid flight in fear of such a terrifying battle cry.

As the daylight faded and turned to the black of night. Ominous dark clouds began encircling the prince, the slow swirling wind picked up to a hurricane force, whipping up snow and jagged shards of ice into the air and enveloping him in an icy cocoon.

Frieza's laughter ceased, as did his conceited smile. His eyes grew in contempt at the brilliant visage before him.

A column of blue light erupted like a volcano around Vegeta's body, crackling with raw energy and reaching up into the heavens itself, where it could be seen for thousands of miles. The snow peaked caps in the surrounding region trembled and shook with the mountains beneath them, avalanches cascaded downward, uprooting the purple leafed trees and laying out a path of destruction.

Vegeta brought his clenched fists to his side, inhaling once more before releasing his tortured cry of vengeance, from the emotional pain of his loss, and finally from the pain as the new muscular fibres in his body grew as alarmingly as his ki.

Frieza gritted his teeth and shielded his face against the flying debris as the speed of the wind heightened once more, threatening to batter him away.

An intense pulse of golden light flowed off of his body, brighter than the sun itself. But only for a fleeting moment. Cracks appeared in the ground all around them, extending off into a deep spider web of valleys, fissures began erupting from the ground, all the while giving a hellish glow from beneath. Another pulse of gold light illuminated the night sky. The normally deep black pupils that Vegeta had since birth, disappeared. It left emotionless white eye's in its wake. His hair now flashed to platinum gold.

It was now Frieza that felt fear and with this instinct, he brought up a ki shield around him.

A final guttural yell came from Vegeta, causing a tsunami wave of energy to explode around him and roll over the landscape, vaporizing everything in it's path. Ancient mountains and snow peaks that had been unharmed through years of conflict were simply blown away like dust. Those unfortunate to be fighting on the other side of the icy peaks, were tossed wildly in the air. Some were even caught in the front of the blast, and those far enough away fled for their lives.

As the blinding light from Vegeta slowly ebbed away, all that remained was of the landscape was a pillar upon which he stood, his sister laying at his feet strangely untouched by the incredible transformation that had occurred above her.

He had done it.

He had achieved the impossible. He had become a Super Saiya-jin, the Legendary not known in two millennia, the Legendary had been born on the day the day of his sister's death. Two newly coloured, teal eyes narrowed slowly. He was tired of all the games, sick of the words that held no meaning. He was the most powerful being in the universe now, not Frieza.

Lowering himself from the pillar, his sister cradled in his arms, Vegeta stood a distance away from Frieza, still flashing his gold ki. He smirked coldly. "What's the matter, worm? Don't like what you see?" He glanced down at Veta with a brief moment of pain, placing her a few feet away, before returning to face the Lord of Baraf-sei. Vegeta laughed cruelly as he watched the lizard grow red with anger and fear. He flared his ki again, relishing the feeling of expanding muscles in his taught yet bloody chest. "No one messes with me. NO ONE!" He screamed and lunged for the lizard, phasing to get to him. Vegeta appeared in front of Frieza's wide- eyed face and smirked, "Boo!" Not wasting a moment, he brought his fist down upon the lizard's jaw, hurling him twenty feet across the destroyed plain.

Frieza found himself indented into the icy peak, just as Vegeta had been.

The tables had turned.

Vegeta hovered in front of his enemy, his cold eyes burning with hatred and anger. "It was nice knowing you, Baraf-jin. I'll see you in Hell, maggot." Vegeta drew his hands forward, concentrating almost all of his ki in his outstretched palms. "FINAL FLASH!" his cry tore through the dense atmosphere and an enormous blast came from the Super Saiya-jin's hands, engulfing the trapped tyrant.

Frieza screamed in anger as the attack swallowed him into its fiery depths. "THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING! I'M THE MOST POWERFUL, NOT YOU. YOU'RE JUST A MONKEY, A STUPID, PATHETIC MONKEY!!" He howled in pain as the searing energy tore at his usually impenetrable skin. "IT'S NOT OVER YET SAIYA- JIN! MY BROTHER LIVES AND YOU'LL NEED MORE WITS THAN BRAWN TO SURVIVE AGAINST HI..." His voice died out, swallowed by the roar of the blast.

Vegeta shielded his eyes as the excess wind blew a blizzard of snow his way. The screams of Frieza died out and the bright light of ki faded away. As the smoke cleared, Vegeta simply stared at the thin line of smoke that was rising from the broken pile of ashes. The Lord of Baraf-sei had been defeated. Falling out of his Super Saiya-jin state, he fell to the ground next to his sister's body, breathing heavily as the adrenaline was still being pumped around in his veins.

The battle screams of fighting warriors in the distance had faded, the war was over. He could hear the shouts and cheers from Saiya-jin voices. They had won.

The Saiya-jins had emerged victorious.

But at what price?

Vegeta grimly gazed at the cold body of his baby sister. But as he took in her ghostly pale skin, and ice blue lips, he saw a woman. A strong and fearless warrior. He reached out and gently touched her cheek, wincing at the frozen temperature of her body. She was the reason for his transformation, she was Vegeta-sei's crown Princess and saviour.

"For you Veta..." he whispered, his hand still on her cheek. She would be honoured and respected throughout Vegeta-sei, he would make sure of that.

And as he lifted her into his arms, cradling her in a brotherly fashion, he could have sworn he had seen her lips tremble into a small smile.

~***~

Vegeta jerked awake, coming out of the nightmarish dream. His eyes shuttered briefly, recalling that fact that his sister had not died from Frieza's attack. He smirked slightly, knowing that she was a fully capable and strong warrior. After he had seen the tremble of her lips, he knew she was alive. He had flown at top speed to their mother ship and placed her into the rejuvenation tank.

He watched her hang onto her life for three days. Three days, he had stood by the tank, monitoring her progress and health. It had been a blessing from the Gods of Vegeta-sei when she had emerged from the tank, healthy and vibrant as ever. It was too bad that her cocky attitude had not been eradicated by Frieza's attack. Vegeta chuckled wryly at the thought, but sobered quickly as he realized the seriousness of the situation she had been in.

He had been lucky not to lose her that day in battle. He didn't know what he would have done if he had truly lost her a second time when she was healing. A ghost of a smirk curled up Vegeta's lips. It would be an amusing reunion when he reached Vegeta-sei. As a result of Frieza's attempted murder, Vegeta and Veta found themselves to be at each other's throats more than ever. No one could understand the brother and sister bond they shared.

Turning the capsules in his finger, he looked over at the sleeping female on his bed. He had not known that such a great amount of intellect dwelled beneath the beautiful features of the Chikyuu-jin woman. Frieza's words resounded in his head again.

'My brother lives... You'll need more wits than brawn.' Vegeta frowned, but where was Frieza's so-called brother and why hadn't he shown his face? The threat was not over when the ominous cloud of Frieza's brother still hung over the Saiya-jin Empire, and Vegeta knew that. They needed every bit of fighting power to face Frieza's brother, whether it was through technology or brute strength.

A knock on the door momentarily took away the troubled thoughts in his mind. He tore his gaze away from the woman sleeping peacefully on his bed and rose stiffly, waiting for Nappa and Idalia to enter the room.

*****

Nappa watched grimly as the cleaning slave went about her business and sprayed a chemical onto the stain on the plush carpet, watching as it dissolved and evaporated from the carpet as though it had never existed. His Saiya-jin eyes travelled across the room and landed upon the sleeping form of the blue haired woman. It was amazing that she could spew such an amazing amount of sick from her tiny body. Chikyuu-jins seemed to have strange internal organs.

Shifting his gaze, he found himself watching the Prince in mild amusement. Vegeta had his eyes fixed on the sleeping woman, not daring to move a muscle for fear she would awaken. He looked at the elder woman standing beside his Prince. Idalia... Nappa's eyes travelled down her lithe body that had been preserved so well after forty Saiya-jin years of constant fighting and battles. She was one of the few female Saiya-jins that could actually put up a decent fight, and so she had been elected as an elite guard and carrier for the newly born Saiya-jin no Ouji, along side himself.

Nappa felt flustered as her large, creamy toffee coloured eyes danced across his face briefly in bewilderment. The soft jagged black spikes that fell down her back, begged to be touched as they shimmered in the light. She was the epitome of beauty and grace, a strong and wise fighter, much like himself. They were alike and different in so many ways, that Nappa found he had to restrain his urges around her. Together, they had become surrogate parents for the chibi Saiya-jin no Ouji and were the only two Saiya-jins that Vegeta remotely respected, aside from his younger sister Veta.

Nappa relished Idalia's beauty and elegance from a distance, but she was never far from his thoughts.

They would have been inseparable, had they mated. But he knew she hated the idea of being tied down, as most Saiya-jins did. Still, he could not help but be infatuated by her very essence and so for the past thirty years, he had admired her from afar, never daring to edge closer to the Goddess that had been left stranded in the mortal world. He appreciated that she was one of few Saiya-jin females that looked beautiful. The rest of the female populous were manlier than Nappa would have liked them to be. But she just seemed to have found a balance in their war-encompassed race. For the past twenty-eight years, she had remained clueless of the binding feelings he held for her. And perhaps it was better that way...

Nappa blinked as she spoke, her throaty and lyrical voice enveloping him softly.

"What is the meaning of this 'Geta-kun, why summon us at such an hour?" Idalia whispered into the silent room. She had known him as a mother would a son and so she dared to speak his name informally and with such love in her voice. Granted that not all Saiya-jin mother's would show their children such affection, she somehow felt the need to. A pang of sadness fell upon her as she remembered that she was not allowed to bear children, all because of the stigma that was attached to being an Elite Guard and the Prince's carrier.

Vegeta forced his eyes away from Bulma and let his gaze fall on the middle- aged woman that stood beside him. She looked nothing like her fifty Saiya- jin years, her taut and vibrant skin caused the illusion that she was merely in her twenties. It was the most positive reward for being a Saiya- jin, the chance to age slowly. Even though she looked young, she had been his mentor along with Nappa, from the day of his birth. She was almost like a mother to him. His hand pushed through the breast pocket of his armor, revealing a tiny bundle to the confused woman. "This," he stated.

Idalia shook her head in surprise and surreptitiously took the small white, round capsule pill into her own hand. She glanced questioningly at the younger man. "What is it?"

"I found it on the woman, it was in her brown pouch," Vegeta lied, waving his hand to Bulma's sleeping form. His eyes narrowed dangerously. "It seems as though Chikyuu-sei has been hiding part of its technology from us."

Nappa unfolded his arms slowly, "But that cannot be, sire. When the planet was enslaved we made sure to capture every piece of technology from it. All of their technology resides on Vegeta-sei." He desperately tried to keep his baritone voice to a whisper.

Vegeta snorted in a dire manner. "Did it ever occur to you that our troops missed some of it? Sometimes I think you work on being stupid, Nappa," he snapped, forgetting to show his respect to the elder Saiya-jin man.

"Vegeta," Idalia intercepted with a warning tone. She was not about to have him disrespect Nappa like that. He had looked after Vegeta from birth and deserved to be treated with much more respect than that. She sent an apologetic look to her partner, who merely nodded stiffly at her attempt to apologize.

Rolling his eyes, Vegeta mumbled in incoherent phrase under his breath. He had forgotten that Idalia was present and so he had let his temper get the best of him. For some strange reason, Vegeta had trouble respecting Nappa in the same manner he respected Idalia. Although the respect for Nappa was still present, he would forget it the moment his temper flared. It was strange how that never seemed to occur with Idalia. "Hand me one of those capsules," he demanded from the elder woman.

She frowned and gave one back to him.

He took the capsule in his hand, clicking the button that jutted out from the slick frame. He threw it into the open space of the room.

Nappa and Idalia both watched in curiosity, both wondering if the Prince had gone insane.

Idalia jumped back as she heard a 'boom' and watched the smoke fill the room. She coughed, earning a strange look from Nappa. "What?" she snapped, her Saiya-jin temper getting the best of her.

Nappa shook his head and returned his gaze to the place the capsule had been thrown to. His eyes grew in amazement as he saw a box appear in its place.

Vegeta raised his eyebrow, so this capsule contained another item. "Well?" he asked the other two Saiya-jins.

Idalia watched fascination and approached the box. She looked at the Prince questioningly. "It's amazing! But, how can such a thing be possible? May I?" she asked, motioning to the box, wanting to open it.

Vegeta nodded, "the Oiran's father manufactured them in his company. I am surprised that she had eradicated any means of their production from existence. If the Saiya-jins living on Chikyuu-sei knew about it, they did not see the need to inform the headquarters on Vegeta-sei."

Idalia lowered herself to the ground and began to rummage through the box.

A cold but soft voice stopped her search short.

"Get away from my box."

Vegeta frowned and turned his gaze onto the female that sat awake in the large bed. He narrowed his eyes in annoyance at her insubordination. But one question played upon his thoughts.

Why was she so adamant in stopping Idalia from looking in the box?

************************************************************* **********