Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ One last Day ❯ One Last Day ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Gohan and Piccolo's Last Day

Piccolo looked over the sleeping figure of Gohan. Over the last year he had begun to feel that protecting and caring for Gohan was not a burden but rather a joy. Everyday he watched as the young demi-saiyan grew in strength. Gohan had, on more than one occasion, even taught Piccolo a few things. Wait! What was that? Piccolo's senses were thwarted as he felt enormous power coming towards Earth. They were still a good distance off into space but at the speed they were traveling, Piccolo figured they had one day until the elite saiyans arrived.

So wake up sleepy one

It's time to save your world

Piccolo quickly switched from the sympathetic father figure he took on while Gohan was asleep to the green drill sergeant that Gohan saw everyday. Somehow, Piccolo thought, the boy must have seen through his icy exterior to the caring soul underneath as the boy never seemed brought down by the daily drills.

"GOHAN! Wake up its far past sun up! We have to move! The saiyans will be here tomorrow. Get off your lazy butt!"

"What is it morning already Mr. Piccolo?"

"Perhaps you didn't hear me you lazy dwarf! THE SAIYANS ARE COMING TOMORROW!"

Without wasting another moment Piccolo set himself into a fighting position and charged the groggy Gohan. Unable to rise in time, Gohan was knocked backwards into a nearby rock and gasped as he hit it and fell flat on his face.

Burn your fingers one by one
Will this earth be good to you?
Keep you clean or stain through?

Piccolo kept his stern face but behind the exterior he was wandering if he should have let the 6 year old get up first. His concerns were quickly put to rest as a perturbed Gohan got up and flew right at Piccolo.

"Hmmm," thought Piccolo in the slit second before Gohan was upon him, "he must not be awake yet, he knows a head on attack will not work against me!"

Piccolo prepared to do the usual side step and chop to the back of the neck but suddenly Gohan disappeared before Piccolo's eyes.

"What, he was never this fast." Piccolo thought as he realized Gohan was behind him. "I must have angered him… Excellent now he's ready to train."

You are where the wild things are

Piccolo ducked just in time and, as Gohan tried frantically to land a punch in the fist fight that followed, prepared a trick of his own. Suddenly, Piccolo split into two beings and continued the fight. Gohan lasted much longer than Piccolo expected before one of his forms clobbered him to the ground.

"Well at least you are improving kid and trying new angles after realizing old ones weren't working."

Piccolo fused back into one being and waited for Gohan to rise.

"Well given the powers I felt," Piccolo thought, "Its going to take a lot of high powered energy attacks to take these guys out… just like Raditz took the beam cannon. Time to test Gohan!" "Get ready Gohan!" He screamed at the kid as he got up.

Gohan rose to a fighting position expecting Piccolo to attack again but instead Piccolo rose a great distance into the air and prepared to fire the Masenko attack he had tought Gohan. Gohan quickly understood what was going on and prepared his own attack. The plain where they were echoed with the word of there attack.

"MASENKO HA!"

"MASENKO HA!"

The beams collided in mid air and neither one seemed to be giving to the other. Piccolo was impressed at the boys blast. However the only problem was… the boy was giving it his all and Piccolo was merely putting up a minimal effort to test Gohan.

"Well its not weak." Thought Piccolo, "He just needs to be angry to really charge it up! I just hope its enough!"

Piccolo charged his attack just enough to drain the last of the boys energy and completely incinerate the kid's attack. The light faded from the plain and the shaking stopped. Gohan merely collapsed. Piccolo decided he had to let the boy rest. Oh Kami how he wished he knew Korin better than he did… a senzu would certainly help now. He had to just hope that it was enough. The boy had certainly gained a considerable power over the last year, still he knew that it would take more than Gohan and him to take the saiyans down. They needed Goku and they needed him quickly. Even though he and Gohan had multiplied there powers by atleast 4 times he knew that some how Goku had managed to do more on the other side. They would need all they could get.

So close your little eyes.