Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Only the Weak ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Only the Weak

By Karete-chan

Teaser

I was walking down the street the other day. Something normal you'd think, but people cross the road to stay away from me. Don't get me wrong; I'm not a bad person. In fact people have told me that I'm one of the nicest people they've met. But your average joe on the street? They cross because of what I was.

I stopped to watch the children playing in the park. It wasn't really that long ago that I was exactly like them. Nothing to do except spend my time growing up and experiencing life. Nothing to worry about except getting my homework in on time. I was brought up surrounded by religion. A lot of it washed away when my prayers went unanswered as I watched my friends and others suffer. But a little survived and I pray to god that these children don't have to live through a hundredth of what I did. The parents noticed me then and herded the innocent little faces away to the comfort and safety of their homes. A few years ago I wouldn't have described them like that.

Children are so important, so precious. How anyone could ever treat them in a way that was other than with loving care will forever be a mystery to me. I have seen what happens to those who are not and it breaks my heart to know that they had no choice, and unlike myself, could not fight back.

There are few adults that I get along with that I don't know personally, through no fault of my own. I am as friendly and helpful as I ever was, if a little more cautious. But people will insist on reading the book by its cover. They tell their children scary stories about my friends and I to make them hate us but I have a disarming smile which children warm to. It is something I am eternally grateful for.

But you didn't come here to hear my thoughts on life. You came here to read a story, to hear the truth from those who were there those long years; from the invasion to the end, and for some, a long time before that. Maybe you will understand us a little better for it; otherwise it has just been a waste of our time.

Whoever said being a slave wasn't easy, should be shot. You may think that I'm being a little harsh. Personally, from where I am right now and where I've just been, I truly, honest to god, couldn't give a shit. Being a slave isn't easy; it's a Pandora's box where Hope never made it.

I've had people call me a liar. No one could survive all that, they say. If it were true there's no way in hell you'd be standing there. When I think on that, I'd have to agree but then I say one thing to them. We were lucky. Very, very lucky.