Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Only What You Can Give ❯ Useful if Irritating ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

DISCLAIMER: I will say this once and only once. I own nothing and no one in this story. Don't sue, I'm too poor anyway.

Vegeta felt his lip begin to curl in disdain. There was something about being near Yamcha that always made him want to rip something in two. The human irked him. There was simply no getting around the fact that everything about him pissed Vegeta off. Now here he was in the kitchen with that wench, Bulma. Crooning and cooing like some pathetic dog hoping she'd let him hump her one last time. Fortunately, more because Vegeta found Yamcha's distress entertaining, she was resisting him. It would not last long. He'd learned that fast enough. The bitch would be lapping at his heels in a day or so, but for now they made an interesting scene.

"No, Yamcha! I won't hear it!"

"We didn't do anything, Bulma. We just had dinner."

"It was a date! You are supposed to be with me and you were out on a date with one of my closest friends!"

"What friends? The only friends you have are aliens and short bald horny men." Vegeta suppressed a laugh at Yamcha's description of Master Roshi and Krillan. "All they want is a piece of ass and when you give it to them, if you haven't already, they'll leave you on the curb where you belong!"

Bulma turned a terrifying shade of white. Her pupils contracted and she drew herself up before Yamcha. "How dare you! You would call me a whore in my own house?"

Vegeta stopped pretending he wasn't listening and rose slowly. Yamcha snarled softly at her display of temper. "I call it like I see it."

"OUT! NOW!"

Her finger shot out pointing toward the door, but Yamcha did not move toward it. Instead he took a step toward her. Vegeta was torn. While he was interested in seeing her reaction to this threat, he needed her to build him a ship and repair the training equipment. She was useful if irritating, while Yamcha was pathetic and nauseatingly annoying. Vegeta gave a mental sigh and stepped forward, placing a hand on Yamcha's arm.

"You would do well to remember that you are not alone in the room."

Yamcha turned to face him and stopped. His mouth hung open for a moment then he stepped back, beyond Vegeta's reach. "Fine, you want yourself a whore, go ahead and have her."

Vegeta's hand shot out and gripped Yamcha's arm like a vise. Slowly he began to apply pressure until Yamcha's face was white with pain. "While I have little use for humans in general, I do not like animals who think themselves warriors attacking the weaker of their kind simply to prove they have the balls to do it. If you return, I do not want to have to speak to you again. I would prefer never to see you again, but this is not my house, and I have no say over who is permitted here."

Yamcha gave a curt nod and Vegeta released him. He did his best to smooth his jacket then strode from the room, fighting the urge to check if his arm was broken. Bulma turned her gaze on Vegeta. "You…you…why did you do that?"

She let out a cry like a wail and ran from the room, tears streaming down her face. Vegeta sighed softly and returned to his interrupted meal. He needed to get back to training. They had only a year to get ready to meet the androids. He looked down into his plate. He had to become as strong as Kakarot. The gravity room was awaiting him and all the work that needed doing beckoned, yet still he remained, gazing into an empty plate at his reflection. What gave Kakarot his strength? What was the source of that inner power? Would he ever be able to find and harness it?

Deciding he'd spent too much time brooding, he tossed the plate into the sink and returned to the gravity chamber. Setting the room to 200 g's he began his work out. Briefly he wished he had a sparring partner and for a fleeting second actually missed Nappa, but that soon passed. Nappa had been a lackey who enjoyed killing more than the company of his master. He'd stayed with Vegeta because Vegeta would let him slack his thirst. He would simply have to train alone and try to find another way to keep his wits sharp.