Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Only What You Can Give ❯ Pregnant ( Chapter 8 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Bulma watched, fighting tears, as the space ship vanished from sight carrying her lover with it. For a week they had not spent a single night apart. Now though, now she would be alone for many nights with only his memory to warm her. She wrestled a smile onto her lips and turned to face Krillan who wanted to get some time in the newly repaired gravity chamber.

"Well, that's one less thing to worry about and about a dozen fewer mouths to feed. I forgot what it was like to cook for a Saijin. Poor Chichi."

Krillan laughed and nodded agreement. Bulma was immensely glad he could not see beyond her mask. If he could he might try to comfort her, and she wasn't sure she could take that. She left him to her training and entered her house. Master Roshi was there and immensely disappointed that she was wearing long pants and a high-necked sleeveless sweater. The days were getting cooler, but they weren't that cool yet. If she had worn her usual wardrobe, then anyone would have been able to see the bites. She had also left her mark of Vegeta, though none in quite so visible a place as her neck. She gave the old lecher a smile and got a cold drink before heading back to her workshop. If she was lucky, she would be able to lose herself in her work for a week or two.

***

She was late and a little scared. She'd been late before, but before she'd been on the pill and a day or so off was no big deal, but she was a week late and she hadn't been on anything that first night with Vegeta. It was the work of a few seconds for her brilliant mind to do the calculations. She swore softly under her breath. They had been together during her most fertile time of her cycle. There was simply no getting around it, she was most likely pregnant and the child was definitely half-Saijin.

Her doctor was an old family friend, and so could not be trusted with this sort of thing if she wanted to keep it quiet. She found the name of a free clinic that emphasized anonymity and drove herself over that afternoon. The next morning she got a phone call. After replacing the receiver she sighed and looked down at her abdomen. She wasn't upset, not in the least, if anything she was relieved. A smile played at her lips when she envisioned telling him. Knowing her kind of luck it would be a boy, twice as head-strong and quarrelsome as his father. Before anything else, though, she had to tell her family. She found them sitting outside in one of the gardens. For once there was no one visiting. Bulma entered and stood before them, hers eyes defiantly meeting theirs.

"I have something to tell you." They fell silent and waited, her tone commanding attention. "I'm pregnant."

The complete and utter terror that transformed her mother's face was completely out of character. "It's not…the father isn't Yamcha, is it?"

"No, it's Vegeta."

Her mother sagged with relief. "Oh thank goodness."

Bulma's mouth dropped, this was not the reaction she'd expected at all. "Thank goodness?"

"You were making an awful mistake being with Yamcha. I didn't want to say anything, after all you are an adult, but I was so worried for you, dear. I'm glad you and Vegeta are together."

"But we aren't."

"I think you should see what he has to say about that. Now, do you want us to keep this hushed up, or can we sing it from the mountain tops?"

Bulma blushed suddenly. "I don't want anyone to know before he gets back. He has the right to hear it from me."

"All right, dear. I think we can respect that."