Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Other World ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Bulma caught up with Yamcha surprisingly quick. For right now all thoughts of his earlier betrayal were forgotten.

"Yamcha!" she exclaimed while still running

Yamcha turned his head a little, noticing her for the first time.

"Babe!" he said "Don't stop running."

"I don't plan to." Bulma bent her knees then jumped farther ahead.

Yamcha was shocked for a moment. Bulma shouldn't have even been able to keep up with him. "Yeah, and I shouldn't have a tail" he thought. Things were getting weirder, but now wasn't exactly an opportune moment to try and sort things out.

Yamcha followed suit with Bulma, and in a few jumps they were clear. The two were now in a place that looked like a desert.

There were rocks strewn everywhere, and some of them were high enough to count as seats.

Yamcha and Bulma sat on a boulder together, then Yamcha spoke.

"Are you still mad at me?"

"Yeah" she said softly, " but now's not the time to hold grudges. We have to find out what's going on and we have to find Vegeta."

A roar was heard behind the two and they both turned around simultaneously.

There was a giant purple monster running towards them, and running from it was none other than Vegeta.

"Speak of the devil" said Yamcha as he jumped to one side of the boulder. Bulma did the same except she jumped towards the opposite side.

It was just in time too. Vegeta leap frogged over the boulder and continued running, but the monster just stepped on it and crushed it.

By then Yamcha and Bulma had walked close again.

"What is that thing?" Bulma asked

"I don't know" replied Yamcha.

"Why is Vegeta running from it? He should be able to take it down easily."

"Yeah, but the way things are going, something weird probably happened to him too."

"Well shouldn't you go help him?"

"Help him? Don't you remember what he's done?, besides Vegeta doesn't like being helped. You know that."

"Yeah you're right but still…" as Vegeta narrowly dodged being pinned under the monsters claw, Bulma became sure that he needed help.

"If you wont help him I will" Bulma said as she jumped into the air. She had used a ki blast before. All she would have to do was use it again.

"Bulma!" Yamcha exclaimed a he saw her jumping into the air. He then jumped after her.

***

Vegeta ran in circles as the monster chased him. It almost caught him with a claw, but Vegeta dodged, his shirt hadn't been so lucky and now it was partly ripped.

The monster was about to attempt and strike him again, but it stopped suddenly and turned around.

There, holding it tail, was Bulma. The Monster simply flicked it's tail, and Vegeta was sure that The woman would be sent flying somewhere, but that didn't happen.

Bulma then let go of the monsters tail, ,and tried to fire a ki blast at the monster, but nothing happened.

"First I can't fly, now I can't even fire a ki blast twice."

Yamcha appeared and quickly, with a ki blast, disintegrated then monster. Something that had been around his waist fell loose and swung back and forth.

"A tail!" Vegeta exclaimed

"What!" exclaimed Bulma as she looked at the tail too. In all the confusion she hadn't noticed it before.

"How is that possible?" asked Vegeta "You can't be a saiyan, not a weakling like you!"

"Weakling?" Yamcha said "Wasn't I the one who just destroyed the monster you were running from?"

Vegeta lunged at Yamcha, but he just kicked him to the ground. A saiyan like smirk appeared on Yamcha's face as he realized his new power.

"Stop it" said Bulma " We have to find out what happened not fight."

Yamcha reluctantly took a step back and Vegeta picked himself up off of the ground.

"You're going to regret that later" said Vegeta.

"Well I'll love every second that makes up later."

"Hello!" Bulma yelled "You are both going to shut up and we are going to figure this out together. There are gigantic monsters out there, we're probably being hunted by blue people with 3 fingers right now, and there are deadly wildflowers too so we need a house."

"Deadly wildflowers?" asked Vegeta with a cocked eyebrow. "Blue people?"

"Oh shut up Vegeta you only got chased by a purple monster."

"Do you know how many teeth that thing had?"

"So you were scared?" asked Bulma

"Scared? I don't get scared" Vegeta crossed his arms over his chest then.

"Whatever, now both of you stand back." Bulma reached into the pouch on her utility belt and pulled out a capsule case. From that she picked a capsule, clicked the button, and threw it a few feet away from where they were.

"Did you plan this woman?" asked Vegeta

"No, if anything it's your fault"

"My fault! You're the one who threw that thing, I just reacted normally."

"Well if you would have shut up I wouldn't have thrown it at you."

"You let your emotions get in the way of your judgment"

"Yeah you're one to talk "

"Hey Bulma" said Yamcha, ending their argument. Aren't we kind of out in the open here?"

Bulma looked around. The spot they were in was out in the open, and their only company was neighbors, and some weird plants.

"I think we'll be safe enough for now. We can move again in the morning." Around them it was still sunny, but Bulma felt tired. "This must be another Namek" she thought to herself" Bulma looked at her watch. It was about 1:00.

"That's funny" she said

"What is?" asked Yamcha. He and Bulma were the only ones still outside. Vegeta had already gone in.

"My watch it says it's about 1:00" Bulma took the analog off of her wrist and tossed it to Yamcha, who caught it and observed it.

"That is weird. It must have been around 1:00 when all this started, and it's been a long time since that, saying that we were out cold for some time."

"That's exactly what I'm getting at." Bulma reached into the pouch on her utility belt again, and pulled out her digital. It said the same thing, but this time Bulma noticed something different.

"The seconds, they're not moving!"