Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Owl Song ❯ Chapter 1

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Owl Song

by Orchideater

NC17, yaoi V/G rape

Done for the DBZ Fanfic Salon fic contest.

Disclaimer: DBZ is owned by Akira Toriyama, Toei studios, etc. No profit is made from this fanfic.

---

It had been so easy.

So easy to subdue the man and lead him to his fate. Not through battle, where he was indomitable, but with soft words and plainspoken logic, muttered from the lips of a friend.

Come with me, Kakarot, he’d said. Bulma has a new invention.

Goku followed him to her lab, clanking down metal stairs to the cold, antiseptic room, where Vegeta showed him the ki cuffs. They were a training device, he explained, which block all access to a person’s ki and force the warrior to perfect other methods of defense and attack.

Try them on, he said. Help her test them. She needs your help in this. Don’t disappoint her.

Sure thing, Vegeta, he’d said casually. So unsuspecting. So guileless. Vegeta and he were friends and compatriots now; there was no reason for suspicion. Such generous trust in the man at his side.

He thought nothing of it when Vegeta led him upstairs without a word, without even a glance back at him, up and into his bedroom. No cause for concern. Perhaps Vegeta just needed a fresh pair of gloves, or a different pair of boots.

But then he took Goku by the arms, and walked him backwards to the bed. An insistent pressure pushed him down onto the mattress, and Vegeta pulled back and stared. Now, only now, did confusion set in.

What was this? Weren’t they going to train? To test the invention?

Vegeta stood at the foot of the bed, stony gaze fixated on the man, his face a blank mask. Goku waited for the other man to move– to say something, anything. The unhealthy silence pounded in his ears.

He raised a timid question. “Vegeta? What are you... doing?”

Vegeta only stared, his body held upright in the odd, limp stance of an unmanned marionette. “Kakarot,” he rasped finally, then filled the room with silence once more.

As though barely aware of his actions, the prince slipped down the straps of his training top. He pushed the outfit further down, taking his briefs and shoes with it until he stood naked at the foot of the bed.

Goku frowned in confusion. The prince never walked around naked, much less in front of his rival– or with the stirring of arousal.

Vegeta stood and stared through half-lidded eyes, cold and still like a marble statue. With the eerily calm demeanor of a man lost to his obsessions and unable to believe the phantom he had chased for so long was now within his grasp.

“What’s wrong? Are you ill?”

“Yes,” he answered in a ghostly whisper. “I’m ill, Kakarot. Ill. So ill I can feel it in my soul.” He crept onto the bed, never breaking eye contact. Vegeta put a hand on Goku’s chest and pushed him back to lie on the bed. He could feel the man resisting, but unable to stay sitting. Goku’s face twisted in concern.

“Vegeta, what is the matter with you?” he asked again, unsure whether to be sharp with the man or to try gentle persuasion.

He’d only been confused, only puzzled by his behavior, until Vegeta touched him. And he looked over his body in a way he shouldn’t have. When Vegeta pulled his shirts from his pants, hands lingering long enough to count as a caress, and began to pull them up, only then did alarm begin to set in.

“Vegeta. Vegeta– hey! What?” For a moment he was blinded as the shirts swept over his head. “What do you think you’re doing?” he snapped.

Vegeta didn’t even look at him, just continued removing clothing in a slow, methodical manner, as if he considered this a sacred act to be savored.

“Stop that!” Goku’s belt was already gone. Vegeta focused on his pants now, tugging on them with single-minded purpose.

“Vegeta!” Goku squirmed, grabbing at Vegeta’s arms, but without his power he could do nothing to prevent him. Vegeta held onto each leg, holding one still as the other kicked at him, carefully removing each pants leg and boot, then doing the same with the other. Goku only hurt his feet trying to kick away the immovable saiyan.

With the pants removed, Goku lay there naked also, and furious for it. Nudity never bothered him, as long as it was when he wanted to be naked. No one removed his clothes for him, without his permission!

Vegeta reached for his hands and Goku instantly snatched them away, dodging his seeking grasp, but with one stroke of ki-enhanced speed Vegeta gathered up both wrists in one hand and held them tightly. He pushed Goku up closer to the headboard, and reached over to the bedstand table to rifle through its single drawer. Goku struggled and hissed in his grasp but accomplished nothing.

“Vegeta! What the hell is wrong with you? Let go. You’re acting crazy! Vegeta!”

Vegeta pulled a coil of rope from the drawer, and twined it around Goku’s wrists to bind them together. Goku gaped in horror as he then tied the cuffs to a decorative spindle at the top and center of the headboard, tied him tight and let his eyes roam the captive body.

“Ah! Vegeta, what do you think you’re doing, tying me up like this? I mean, what– Vegeta will you say something?”

Vegeta abruptly looked up into his eyes and Goku stopped struggling. Vegeta’s mouth parted slowly, the lips sticking, as though speech was a struggle. “You’re so beautiful, Kakarot. So perfectly made. I could eat you alive and never grow full.”

Goku’s jaw dropped. “What?! You can’t be– quit talking like a perverted old man! You–”

“Do you know how long I’ve obsessed over you, Kakarot? How long I’ve ached for you?” He skimmed cold fingers over a heaving chest. Goosebumps rose up at his touch. “My rage at you... after you came back to life it evolved into pure obsession. I can’t even sleep anymore, without seeing you. And now I have to have you, or I’ll go completely mad.”

An icy wash of dread clattered down Son Goku’s spine. “Have me?” he whispered. “You can’t mean... you and me and... sex?”

Vegeta chuckled and reached down toward the junction of his legs. “Kakarot, you’re so charmingly naive.”

Goku yelped and bucked away from his touch. “I’m not that naive! Y-You can’t... Vegeta, you’re married! What about Bulma? You know, your wife?”

Vegeta frowned, looking away to watch the path of his own hands as they smoothed over Goku’s sides and traced the muscles of his abdomen. Their shifting movements fascinated him. “I know. I know she’ll be angry,” he responded dully, “but I just don’t care anymore. I have to have you or I’ll die. She’ll understand, eventually.”

She’ll understand? Are you kidding? And what about me?!”

Vegeta searched his blazing eyes. “Forgive this crude method of persuasion, Kakarot,” he motioned toward the cuffs, “but I know how stubborn you can be. I saw an opportunity and I took it. You might even enjoy them, if you’d just calm down.”

Goku shook his head, let it flop back onto the pillow. “You’re crazy,” he despaired.

Vegeta leaned in, brushing lips and hot breath across his ear and neck. Goku scowled and strained in the other direction, then winced as Vegeta began fondling his member. “You don’t need to be so nervous. I’ll make it good for you. I’ll give you a fantastic orgasm–”

“Stop talking like that!”

“You’ll enjoy it, once we get started,” he continued without missing a beat. “I know you want this too. We’ll be so good together, so good.”

“Vegeta,” Goku growled. “Let. Me. Go. NOW!”

“No. You don’t mean that.”

“What?!”

“You want this too, Kakarot. I know you do. We’ll be so good together,” he repeated, beginning to kiss over his chest, raking fingers down the straining muscles of his arms. “I need you, and I know you need me too. I know you care for me, you’ve shown it. The last two saiyans should be together. It’s fate.”

“Vegeta,” Goku gasped, steeling himself against the revolting pangs of pleasure brought about by Vegeta’s actions. “You’re all mixed up. Yes we’re the last, and yes I care for you, but not like this! I respect you as a fighter. I thought we’d developed some sort of bond, but that doesn’t mean I want to have sex with you!”

“You’ll understand, Kakarot. When you’re with one of your own kind your saiyan instincts will awaken, and you’ll want me back. You want me. I won’t listen to any of your denials because they’re not true.”

“My ‘saiyan instincts’ are just fine, thanks! Agh, how can I make you see reason, Vegeta? Lemme go!”

Vegeta gave no indication that he’d heard, only continued kissing down his stomach. Goku gasped in horror as he realized where Vegeta intended on going.

“Vegeta, stay away from that! I don’t– I don’t want this!”

“So beautiful...”

“STOP IT!”

“Beautiful...”

Lips descended and Goku gave a shocked cry of outrage as they wet his skin. He grimaced and gritted his teeth as Vegeta gave him head, hating the prince for forcing him, and furious at himself and his body for betraying him with feelings of pleasure that made the bile rise in his throat.

“Vegeta, you sick bastard. God... damn you...” Despite his best efforts at control, the hard fact of a hot, wet mouth sliding over his member was enough to reward Vegeta with a weak erection. Vegeta pulled back and blew a long, tickling breath of air on it, caressed it reverently with his hands in delicate touches that hardened it further.

“Beautiful... you are so beautifully made, Kakarot.”

“Gghh... Vegeta, please stop this.”

“Don’t worry, Kakarot, I’ll finish you off, finish you off so well. I know you’ll enjoy this. You want this too.” With one deft move Vegeta flipped him onto his stomach. Goku’s heart leapt to his throat, his arousal failing instantly. No. NO. He couldn’t possibly be thinking...

“Vegeta, don’t you dare!” His renewed struggles became violent and desperate. Anything but that. Continued struggling even as Vegeta stabilized his hips with an iron grip.

“Get on your knees, Kakarot. It will be better that way.” Vegeta forced his thrashing body to bend at the legs, tilted upwards.

“No! Dammit, you sick asshole! Get offa me! Get off!”

Goku saw his chance– Vegeta’s right hand left his hip to target his tail spot– and wrenched himself to the side, putting all of his strength into a kick that hit Vegeta square in the jaw. He startled and fell back as Goku scrambled back up the bed and turned himself over.

Vegeta sat and rubbed his face where he’d been hit and stared, a deep frown now set on his once impassive countenance. Goku stared back for a moment, trying to calm down, then took a deep breath and sat up.

“Vegeta,” he said between panting breaths, “you’ve got to stop this.” He swallowed and shook his head. “All this business of fate and me wanting you– they’re fantasies you’ve made up in your head! I don’t want to have sex with you, Vegeta, I– all I ever wanted was for us to be friends– you know, friends who understand each other and maybe even hang out together. I don’t know how you ever got the idea...”

“You were kind to me when I was spiteful to you,” Vegeta countered, his eyes widening, voice laced with panic. “You forgave when I betrayed you. You spared my life, Kakarot, when you had no reason to! When Krillan would have killed me, you stopped him. When you had Buu’s defeat in your hands, you couldn’t do it while I was in the way. For so long it made me furious because I thought you were trying to make me indebted to you, or thought I was a charity case and therefore unworthy– but I know the truth now. It was because you cared. Y-You care about me. You want me.”

“Yes, I care about you, Vegeta, but I don’t want to be lovers! I showed you kindness because, because that’s just what I do, Vegeta. I showed you kindness because I thought you needed it more than anyone. I saved your life because all lives are sacred, and more than anything because I respected you. Why don’t you show me the same respect now, dammit?!”

Goku breathed and gazed earnestly at his fellow saiyan. “Vegeta, we have to talk this over. Let me out of this right now and I’ll still forgive you.” He watched Vegeta’s face for any change of expression, kept his voice calm and even. “Let me out of these cuffs, Vegeta. Come on. No more of this crazy game.”

Vegeta stopped rubbing his face but said nothing. He began a barely perceptible trembling, and stared down at his lap so Goku couldn’t see his face.

“Vegeta?” he said quietly. “What do you say, Vegeta?”

He blinked as Vegeta began to shake, as he let out a guttural, choking rattle.

“Kakarot, you,” he ground out, “you... are such... an IDIOT!!!”

Goku yelped in shock as Vegeta leapt onto his body with superhuman speed, viciously flipping him back around. He pressed his body down over Goku’s, grabbed him by the hair and smashed his face hard into the pillow until Goku began to turn blue.

“You damned idiot! Why can’t you understand how wonderful we’d be together!” He let his head up and smacked him across the back of the skull. “Damn you! Damned idiot! You’re just in denial!”

Goku saw stars. In his weakened condition the smack had felt brutal. “Vegeta, stop it!”

“Shut up!” he roared, grabbing Goku’s waist in a painful grip and slamming him down into the bed. “I don’t want to hear any more of your lies. I’ll show you. I’ll make you understand.” He yanked Goku’s squirming body up into the kneeling position, pinned his thrashing legs with his own.

“No! Vegeta! Stop it!” Goku craned his head back, eyes wild, and let out the snarl of a cornered beast. “If you don’t stop now, I swear I will kill you. Do you hear me? Vegeta!”

Vegeta kneaded the lush curves of his ass with his thumbs, ignoring his yells of protest. He wet the fingers of one hand and attempted to prepare him, but Goku clenched the muscles of that tight ring with everything he had.

“Don’t touch me there, you crazy bastard! No one touches me there! Vegeta, you do it and I’ll kill you!”

But Vegeta was beyond reason. Goku had to get away, had to. The sturdy headboard ground and creaked. He pulled on the ropes until his wrists bled, thrashed against Vegeta’s iron figure until the hands at his waist dug in enough to leave great bruises there.

“Let me in, Kakarot,” he snarled. “Do you always have to be so damned difficult?” Goku only clenched harder, every muscle and sinew straining against him.

“Bastard! Why won’t you listen to me?!” Vegeta yelled in frustration. “Fine. If that’s how you want to do it, fine. It will be good no matter what. I’ll make you see. And then you’ll know how right I was, and be sorry you ever doubted me.” He positioned his rock hard erection against Goku’s entrance.

At its touch Goku bucked violently in an attempt to escape. “NO! Don’t, you crazy bastard! I’ll kill you! I’ll kill you! I’ll kill–”

“Shut up, shut up!” Vegeta crushed his face into the pillow again, growing unhinged at the clash of reality with his obsessive fantasies. “You always thought you were better than me, Kakarot. Think you’re too good for me now? I’ll prove to you that I’m worthy. I’ll prove it!”

A bonejarring scream knifed through the air as Vegeta impaled him, shredding the virgin flesh. Grey and white floaters of light streaked across Son Goku’s vision as his world turned to nothing but pain.

Vegeta’s head flung back at the sinfully tight fit, at the molten heat surrounding his member. His head rolled forward again to address Goku with a gasp. “You see how it hurts, you damned idiot? I could have made it good for you but now you’re in pain. You drove me to it, Kakarot. Now relax, and you’ll enjoy it.”

He slowly drew out, then slammed in again. Goku buried his teeth in the pillow, determined not to scream. His stomach lurched as nausea overwhelmed him, the powerful urge to vomit. He could handle pain. He always had. But this violation and betrayal made every cell of his being sick.

Vegeta thrust back in again, striking his prostate squarely. Goku gasped in shock, felt something that in other circumstances could be considered pleasure, but only made him more ill.

“I hit your sweet spot, didn’t I?” Vegeta said in excitement. “You see, Kakarot? See how wonderful it can be? I’ll make you see. I’ll make you understand!”

Vegeta thrust in again and again, hitting his target most times, quickly building to his peak with the frantic pace. Goku tore gouges in the sheets and pillow with his teeth. He could feel now some of the pleasure Vegeta promised. Forced to enjoy. He’d never felt such a frightening loss of control, never felt such hate toward another person, or towards himself. Somehow he should have been able to stop it, to stop him. Gods, but he wanted to vomit until there was nothing left inside.

Vegeta groaned in pleasure behind him. “Do you see now, Kakarot? See how wonderful we can be together...” With a howl he came, making the other man jerk at the sudden rush of foreign liquid inside of him.

Vegeta collapsed onto Goku’s back, both heaving and gasping for breath, trying to collect themselves. After a short period Vegeta rolled off him and lay still for a while. Goku hung limply from the headboard like a shot animal strung up to dry, desperately fighting to beat back his nausea.

Vegeta turned to him and began to idly caress his sides. “It was good, you see? I told you it would be wonderful.”

Goku stiffened like a board when he began to lay slow and random kisses upon his sides.

Don’t throw up, don’t throw up, don’t throw up...

He tried to inch away from the other man in a slow, stunted crabwalk, as far as the ropes would allow. His hind end still wracked with such pain that he could barely make his legs move. Blood flowed in rivers down his thighs.

Vegeta noticed his reaction, saw the hateful grimace. He turned Goku’s head and kissed him on the lips, then clung to his side. Goku made no response.

“You’re mad at me, I know. It hurt more than it could have. But you drove me to it, Kakarot. You just wouldn’t listen. You’ll enjoy much more in the future,” he said confidently.

Goku finally spoke, his voice quavering. “Vegeta, let me out of these cuffs.”

“Why? So you can ‘kill’ me?” Vegeta teased.

“Yes.”

“Kakarot, you’re so dramatic.” He drank in the scene one more time. “You look hot in them. I could stare at you for hours like this.”

“Take them off!”

Vegeta snorted, but set about unlocking the cuffs and untying the rope. Goku’s arms fell to the bed at last. For long minutes he lay there focusing only on his breathing, waiting for it to return to normal as his power returned to him, a light that steadily suffused the blindness he’d felt before.

Vegeta trailed fingers up and down his ribs. Goku bit his lip and endured the oily touch. As soon as he felt full access to his powers restored he sat up, rubbed his wrists and swiped away shameful tears. Tears. The first he’d shed since childhood. Never had he been so humiliated, so shattered. No enemy had managed to break him– it took the betrayal of a friend.

Vegeta molded against his back, curling hands over his shoulders. “Come now, Kakarot, stop your foolishness. There’s nothing to be angry about. This is the start of something great.”

In one sharp move Goku sent the prince stumbling off the bed to slam into the wall beyond. He bolted from the bed, immediately snatching up his pants and yanking them on. “You’re dead for this, you raving bastard,” he hissed, jamming his feet into his boots. He stood and faced off against the man now picking himself off the floor.

“I never dreamed you could ever do something like this. Not even when you broke all my bones did I ever feel this way,” he choked. Better to break apart physically than to break apart inside.

“Calm down, Kakarot. I do respect you, and we are friends. I told you. You’re all I can think of. I had to have you; I couldn’t live without you!”

“So that makes it all fine, then? And to hell with what I might want. Some respect! What a great friend!”

“Kakarot, come lie down with me. In the morning you’ll have cooled off, and you’ll understand.”

“Vegeta, how can you think I can just forgive this?!”

“You always do. You’ve forgiven me for all that I’ve done to you in the past. You’ll forgive me now. You care for me; you won’t hurt me.”

Goku’s face grew slack. “You’re right, Vegeta. I do know how to forgive, and I do care for you.”

Vegeta smiled in delight, despite Goku’s skyrocketing ki that took him smoothly through the levels of super saiyan until he reached the fearsome third level.

“But there’s one thing you always seem to forget.”

The next day citizens would wonder what had destroyed half of Capsule Corp. Friends and family would worry where Vegeta had disappeared to, or why Goku had retreated to the wastelands on the other side of the world, avoiding all contact.

Vegeta’s color drained, pupils shrank to pinpricks before the glowing ball of death pulsing in Kakarot’s hand.

“I have pride, too. And I always keep my promises.”

---