Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Resident Evil: NextGenZ ❯ Loss ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Resident Evil: NextGenZ

Chapter 9: Loss

Gasp. Pant. Huff. Nuaaa..

"Are you okay?"

"Nuu, I, um," Goten jerked his head to the side and continued to breath deeply.

"They should be back soon," said Marron watching him helplessly. The black veins had made their way over his neck and one was creeping towards the corner of his mouth.

"I'm not, hnn, *cough* not gon make it."

"There has to be a cure for this."

"What'f there not?" asked Goten before his speech dissolved into another coughing fit.

This was bad. Goten was getting worse, and he had only cut himself about 35 minutes ago. His breathing was laboured, he was sweating profusely and could barely talk. The coughing was getting worse and those lines on his skin...they were everywhere.

^^^

Bra turned around and headed down the hall. When she rounded the corner, Trunks set work. Looking around for something to turn the system on, he found a key.

Thump.

Trunks tensed and listened.

"Bra?" he called.

Silence.

"BRA!"

"I'm good!" came her reply.

Sighing in relief and shaking his head he turned the key in its slot. The control pad came to life. As did the monitors...

Heavy footsteps.

Silver and green monstrosity.

Mr. X was in the tunnels, coming their way, their...Bra!

"TRUNKS!"

Trunks spun away from the monitors and ran down the hall towards the sound of gun fire. He was only half way down the corridor when he saw Bra slam into the concrete wall just ahead of him and slide to the floor, broken pieces of cement falling down around her.

"Uhn," Bra moaned and tilted over.

"BRA!" yelled Trunks as he started to run faster towards her. Mr. X walked slowly up to Bra, she looked up at him before he grabbed her by the shoulders and lifted her up.

"BRA!"

"...tru..nks..." SLAM. Bra's body hit the wall as Mr. X knocked her into it repeatedly. Over and over again before throwing her through the wall completely.

Trunks pulled his magnum and started shooting. He hit the Tyrant in the side of his body, glancing down at his arm and then over to Trunks, Mr. X ignored Bra's motionless form and moved towards her brother. Shots were fired multiple times until Mr. X finally fell to the ground. Trunks panted heavily and cautiously moved towards the fallen tyrant.

"Bra?" he called glancing down the hall. There was large hole in the left side of the wall, "Bra!"

Trunks was right beside Mr. X's body. He kicked it and shot it again for good measure. starting out as a walk that turned into a run Trunks finally came to the hole. Looking through it he saw Bra's lifeless body.

"Bra?" he whispered. Trunks dropped his gun and went throught the hole. Kneeling beside his sister Trunks checked her pulse. Nothing.

Broken bits of concrete and wood covered her clothes, a massive pool of blood surrounded her head. Trunks put his hand under her head to check how bad the damage was. He jerked his hand away, it came back stained red. The entire back of Bra's skull had been crushed during the onslaught. Her shoulder's looked bruised and dislocated. Trunks fell back into a sitting position and looked away from Bra. Tears falling down his face, he coughed to force back a strangled sob. Breathing heavily he knew he had to get up. Goten was going to be next if he didn't, his best friend was going to die or mitate without a cure of somesort. And Marron? He barely knew the girl, but he couldn't let anything happen to her.

Trunks looked to the ceiling and closed his eyes. Then, hanging his head and one last look at Bra, he got up.