Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Second Chances And New Lives ❯ Smile ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Second Chances and New Lives
 
Avi: Do media minor people KNOW how to review??? Honestly! It's not hard!
 
Kalia: Calm Avi, deep breaths…go meditate, it will make you feel better. -Avi walks off, Kalia turns to the readers- She's getting over being sick and in bed for a week, she's on her period AND she's got a headache the size of Texas right now. I'm amazed she's completely rewritten anything past chapter 1!
 
Avi: Kalia? Where are the matches and the lavender incense?
 
Kalia: -to Avi who is in the room 3 doors down- It's in the bathroom down the hall hon., and the matches are in the wicker cabinet!
 
Avi: Thanks! -Gets it all and meditates-
 
Kalia: That aught to help her feel better. Well, enjoy this chapter guys, I got to go make sure she doesn't burn down the cabinet, again.
 
Chapter 7: Smile
 
((((((((((((((Beautiful disaster waiting to happen))))))))))))))))))
 
She was the first one to exit the pod and the first one to levitate a few feet and peer over the edge of the small crater. Vegeta followed her silently, watching her, watching the countryside and watching closely. Namek reminded her of earth a lot and she was reminded of both the families she'd known, and the battles she'd already fought in that weren't in this realm of existence. She didn't even really miss anyone from the other realm…only Zuzuko, but that is another story for another time.
 
Her life had really changed…
 
And was THAT huge thing Freiza's power…it felt slimy and gross and huge to Kalia. She nearly gagged the first time it's signature hit her senses.
 
`But enough dwelling on the past and the huge ugly gender confused thing that was Frieza, we have much more important things to worry about…like finding shelter and food.' Kalia thought to herself, rising up slowly and setting foot on solid, undented, grass covered ground. There, only a mile or so away was a cave, by a lake, which was by some fruit trees and berry bushes! Lucky!
 
“Hey Prince, how about we stay in that cave by the lake. There's a food source and a water source and shelter so we can easily hide the Dragon Balls in it.” She'd decided she'd call him prince for now and see how long she could get away with it.
 
“Fine. I suppose it will do for a few days.” He rolled his eyes at the new nickname.
 
Vegeta flew off quickly in the direction Kalia had pointed, not one to be left in the dust, she quickly followed. She also quickly caught up to him, daring him to pass her, which he did, which initiated the small race to the cave that went on. Oh this was a choice spot! The lake was only mere meters away, the food looked and smelled delicious and Kalia hoped it wasn't poisonous and hey…. the cave wasn't too bad. Kalia would make due without a bed for a while and she figured that the armor could make a decent pillow in these desperate times.
 
`Mental note: Go swimming and see if Vegeta's gravity defying hair can withstand the force of lake water.' She thought to herself, planning to dunk him if she ever got the chance. Kalia then got stuck on the image of a soaked from head to toe Vegeta standing waist deep in the water with NOTHING on…Vegeta however had been trying to get the far away girl's attention for about 5 minutes now!
 
“KALIA!”
 
“AH! Oh! Sorry Prince, what were you saying?” Kalia asked, snapping back to reality and putting on an innocent face.
 
“I said I am going to go get the Dragon Balls from Freiza's ship and perhaps settle a score with a certain green kiss-ass.”
 
`Zarbon.' Kalia naturally thought.
 
“You will stay here and keep out of trouble. Do you understand?" He finished with a growl, glaring at her as if she were a disobedient child. Well…he was half right for half her moments of life. She wasn't a disobedient child; she just had a way of pissing off the authority, easily.
 
“Yeah, sure, whatever. As long as I can go swimming, I need a bath and some exorcize, badly. Do you understand?” She said, crossing her arms in a mocking gesture. He glared at her and then smirked instead, which confused the poor girl greatly. Of course, she was still spacing out a little bit.
 
“Making orders now are we, little one.” He raised an eyebrow in the classic look. “Fine. But go no farther than those bushes and the middle of the lake. Understood?”
 
“Yes Sir!” She yelled and did a salute before bursting out into a storm of giggles.
 
Vegeta gave the girl a scathing look before taking off opposite the cave. Kalia on the other hand, took off straight for the lake! She could not wait to dive right in but right at the point where the water lapped at the shore; she came to an almost screeching halt. She was stuck with quite the dilemma. She had armor and a full body spandex suit on, and she was NOT going to be taking a bath in that.
 
Or just plain go swimming in it.
 
There was also the fact that underneath the undeniably comfortable yet uncomfortable spandex outfit, she was completely naked. Ah well, Vegeta had already seen her naked butt considering he had to help her put the things on. Modesty forgotten and the fact that for now she WAS alone, she stripped out of the stretchy, clingy fabric and dove ran into the cool, clear water with a very happy sigh. Diving underneath the calm surface, she gazed upon the underwater world of the planet Namek.
 
It was beautiful.
 
Brilliantly colored coral and fish swam around in complete peace. Even her presence didn't disturb the days going's on for the aquatic life around her. She saw something bright pink peering out at her from behind a large shelf of coral. Kalia went back up for air and then came down again, bidding the strange creature forward with a gentle look in her eyes and slow, calming gestures. It finally emerged and edged towards her at a slow pace while she herself merely stood there, allowing it to see her and maybe even smell her and finally, it decided she was friend, not foe.
 
It was a bright pink, sea horse about half the size of an adult Arabian.
 
The giant see horse then turned its back toward the girl and looked back at her. She could have sworn that she heard “Ride?” In her mind as it did so. She gently mounted the horses back and it took off, giving her an even greater tour of the lake and even going up every 20 minutes so Kalia could take a breath of air. Soon though, the sea horse left Kalia to her own devices, it even gave her a mental goodbye as it went off to probably get some food and rest. Which is why when Vegeta returned, Kalia was floating on her back with her arms behind her head like a pillow and her eyes closed in a peaceful realm of relaxation.
 
He stood there, leaning against the entrance of the cave watching her float there. The thoughts from the space station returned to him then. Thoughts of how she was beautiful, talented and bold. And how she looked so beautiful floating there with that small smile on her face.
 
“And here I thought you would be exorcizing little one, but instead I find you just lounging about.” Vegeta smirked and then chuckled. He'd caught Kalia so off guard that she'd jumped, causing her to splash back down under the surface and come back up sputtering and glaring at daggers at him. All he did was cross his arms and plaster that smirk back onto his face.
 
“I did.” She replied with her nose purposely in the air, or as in the air as a girl in water at least 2 feet deeper than she is tall can manage before swimming back towards shore and standing where the water was just deep enough to come up to her collar bone. “For two hours. You should try it. It totally tones the arms and legs.” `And if you don't I'll drag you full sayajin ass into the water anyway. No need for modesty between us anymore.' She thought ruefully.
 
“I think I will pass on that for today. You have exactly 1 hour, then I want you back in the cave. We need our rest.”
 
“No, you wont be passing on that for today.” Kalia remarked as she leapt out of the water with cat like agility and speed, effectively surprising him enough to drag him into the lake a good 20 feet. She submerged the shocked prince and than swam off as quickly as her legs and arms could propel her. Luckily she found a rock jutting out of waters surface and hid behind it, peering out as he came back up coughing and sputtering like she had only moments ago.
 
He looked ready to kill.
 
Unfortunately, ready to kill was overpowered by the dripping wet hair sticking to his face. His hair looked like a really wilted flower and Kalia was trying desperately to hold back her laughter. Apparently his hair was no match for the power of water! Remember how he looked ready to kill? Well apparently ready to kill was only a passing phase because soon he was chuckling. It was a weird sound to her; then again, she was hearing it for the first time in a long time.
 
Confusing much?
 
She'd just caught Vegeta of all people off guard and dragged him into a lake, then dunked him underwater and swam off and he was…laughing? Laughter is contagious too, soon after Vegeta started laughing, Kalia started laughing and cautiously swimming towards him. This was Vegeta after all, doesn't matter if he's laughing or not, she wasn't taking any chances. He was finally calming down when she swam round front to face him and did something she just couldn't resist. She reached up and brushed a few wet strands of hair out of his eyes.
 
Instead of yelling at her, hitting her, swatting her away, he looked at her. And not only did he look at her, but he was SMILING! Not a smirk, not a frown, not a half smile, but a genuine, full-blown smile. He then reached out, grabbed Kalia around her bare waist and pulled her forward, crushing her against his form.
 
He smelled good, like vanilla and something really spicy.
 
He smelled like danger with a softer side.
 
Then he kissed her. He crushed his lips to hers in a bruising, electric kiss that sent shivers down both their spines. Kalia gasped in surprise, opening her mouth ever so slightly in the process but she immediately sunk into the kiss. As Vegeta took this opportunity to explore every inch of her mouth, she placed her arms around her neck.
 
Heaven on…Namek.
 
She'd gotten him to laugh, gotten him to smile, and then gotten him to kiss her! When he pulled away she had a slightly dreamy look upon her face and Vegeta just shook his head and continued to smile. They then swam to shore together and since Kalia wasn't going to put on the clothing while she was wet, she decided to sun instead. She found a very private alcove by the cave and laid out on a flat rock for an hour or so, until she was dry. Once she was dry, she got into the suit and armor, with Vegeta's help and used his chest as a pillow.
 
As she drifted to sleep, far to the back of the cave, an arm snaked it's way around her waist and pulled her even closer than she was. She was as safe as the could be right then and found sleep came very easily to her, for once. Even without that teddy bear she had had to leave back on earth.
 
Even being kidnapped didn't seem so bad at that moment.
 

(((((((((((((Chapter Fin)))))))))))))))))))))))))
 
Kalia: Wow…good description Avi.
 
Avi: Thank you! I do do good work, don't I!
 
Vegeta: Don't get cocky girl.
 
Avi and Kalia: O.O HOLLY SHITE DON'T DO THAT! -He had appeared out of nowhere-
 
Vegeta: Heh heh heh. Only more reason for me to do it.
 
Avi and Kalia: Excuse me?! Get Him! -Chase after Vegeta with mallets and a frying pan-
 
Avi: -really fast- REVIEWMEPLEASE! VEGETA! GET BACK HERE!