Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Beast and the Beauty ❯ Enter the Beast ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Author's Note:

This fic is inspired by the story 'Beauty and the Beast' but it's not quite like the fairy tale. Also, the characters, especially Chi Chi, are slightly occ but only to fit the story. There are still many parallels between DBZ and this fic.

PS: I have done a great deal of this fic already but I will be posting after it is betareaded... so hopefully no evil month long cliffhangers...

All characters belong to Akira Toriyama and I'm not making any money.

Many thanks to Nadia Rose, Bra Briefs, and Cwbti 16 for their help and support for this fic.

The Beast and the Beauty
Part One
By Maria Cline

A long time ago and in a land far away where magic ran amok, there lived a kind knight by the name of Kakarot. He was tall and strong with a pure heart and a child like innocence around him. However, these unusual qualities did not prevent him from becoming one of the greatest warriors in the kingdoms.

One day, young Kakarot was hunting when a tall hooded figure came out of nowhere. "KAKAROT!!!" it screamed, "You shall pay for your crimes!"

Kakarot looked around confused. "Me? What did I do wrong?" He asked as he put down his sword to show he wouldn't harm the hooded figure.

"Your tribe, the Saiyans, were responsible for my people's distruction... I was the last survivor. I wander the lands, punishing your kind. I just finished putting your warrior prince in a deep sleep until someone with a bigger ego than he kisses him. I have killed many Saiyans and you and the prince are the last ones..."

Kakarot gasped in shock. He did know about the Saiyans being his former tribe but it had been a long time since it talked with any. "Hey! I was orphaned and adopted by Sir Gohan of Kame Kingdom! I never even met another Saiyan in my life!"

"Details... details... because of this, you won't die... instead..." The hooded figure rubbed his chin. "Well... I guess this will do..." The figure held up a sheet of magic paper and chanted, "Marie... Clicll... transformo!!!"

Kakarot screamed as huge waves of pain echoed in his body, he felt his bones growing and shifting and his muscles bulging, as dark fur sprouted all over his body. A long monkey tail shot out from his back and Kakarot collapse.

"What..." Kakarot moaned as he held up his hands to see them transformed into furry claws. He looked down and realized how much he grew and how much fur covered his body. "What... happened to me?" He growled and nearly jumped at the strangeness of his own voice. It was unfamiliar and sounded bestial.

"You are now what every other Saiyan is at heart... a beast... but there is a way for you to get back to normal. You must melt a stone heart... that is the only way to get you back to your former self.... you also can't tell anyone else about the curse! Don't want any cheating."

"Oh..." Kakarot muttered as he stared at his claws. There was no way he could go back home like this. How can he melt a stone heart? Stones couldn't melt like metal or ice. He had only one question to ask his attacker. "May I ask who are you?"

The hooded figure removed his hood to reveal a green man with a pair of anntenne and pointed ears.

"You're a Namekian Sorcerer! But... I thought you're just a myth..."

"We're not... I am Piccolo Nail Kami. Now... I'm gone." He vanished in mid air leaving Kakarot behind.

"Bummer, I didn't appologize to him... better get ready for some traveling..." Kakarot sighed as he picked up his gear and left.

*****

Ox-King, King of the Fire Mountain Kingdom of the West and second most feared human in the known world, pleaded with the most feared human in the known world, his precious daughter Chi Chi. Ox-King was a giant, with a horned crown on top with his usual battle ax as his side. His daughter was much smaller, with long black hair, black armor with purple trimings, and a tiara with a small power jewel in the center. "But, Chi Chi, you have to get married!" Ox-King insisted, "All princesses must be married by the age of eighteen..."

"Why must I get married?" Chi Chi screamed, "When I get married, I will have to wait hand and foot to some egotistical prince for the rest of my life! And that prince will just have some woman on the side to keep himself occupied!"

"Ohh... but it's the rules of royalty... all princesses must get married. I mean... I need some grandkids." Ox-King explained. He didn't want to say it but he also needed a male heir to take over when he decided to hang up his horns. Chi Chi was beautiful, one of the most beauitful women in the kingdom but she was feared and refused to look for a man. She didn't want to fall in love. "You don't have to marry a prince... we can settle for a commoner..." Ox-King knew that he should at least try to go for any man. Maybe, if Chi Chi had a wider selection she would get married.

Chi Chi's eyes brightened as she smirked. "Well... I guess I can settle for a commoner... but I want someone that every other woman would run from! I don't want someone who can attract other women with a snap of a finger!"

"You... want someone ugly?" Ox-King asked as he sweatdropped.

"Hideous!" Chi Chi insisted.

"Well..." Ox-King sighed as he grimanced. His daughter was impossible to argue with. He needed someone to pass the throne to and Chi Chi needed a husband. **There goes my hopes for cute grandkids...** "Okay!"

And so, the King and Princess held auditions for a suitable husband. It was clearly written that the most frightening man is suitable for a husband. Since, most of the bachelors didn't want to be with the most feared woman in the world, they backed out. So, Chi Chi and Ox-King offered free beer and refreshments and more suitors arrived.

"Next." Ox-King said from his throne.

An elderly man with a giant turtle shell walked up and said, "Howdy! I'm King Roshi of Turtle Kingdom! And I want a princess for my very own!"

Chi Chi grimanced. She had heard many tales of this old man. Not only does he like seeing naked girls but he was over three hundred years old. "Too old! I don't want a husband old enough to be my great grandfather... OUT!"

King Roshi hung his head and walked out.

"Next." Ox-King muttered.

A pig came up and said, "I'm Oolong, the shapeshifting demon... I can be anyone you like!" He transformed into a giant demon. "What'cha think?"

Ox-King glanced at Chi Chi and she shook her head. "No... looks like a pervert to me... besides, he can changed into a handsome man! Forget it!"

Oolong scowled, transformed back, and walked away.

"Next." Ox-King muttered.

A disgusting stench filled the air and everyone covered their noses, except for a short noseless monk. A huge man wearing nothing but a dirty pair of briefs came up.

"I'm Bacterian... I'm from the Kingdom of Sludge-"

"GET OUT!!! I CAN'T BE MARRIED TO A MAN I CAN'T STAND TO BE IN THE SAME KINGDOM WITH!!!" Chi Chi screamed as she grabbed a statue and tossed it at the suitor.

"AHHH!!!" Bacterian screamed as he ran away. After the royal servants aired out the room, the auditons continued.

A short bald man came up and said, "I'm Monk Krillian from the Orin Temple."

"I see..." Ox-King said as he glanced at Chi Chi who just tilted her head. "And why would a monk want to marry a princess?"

"Well..." Krillian said as he turned red, "I've always wanted to get married... and... well... no one would like a short man like me."

"Hmmm..." Chi Chi frowned at the man. He was short and had no nose, yet, he looked too human. She wanted a man who would have no possiblity of attracting any women.

"I would." One of Chi Chi's bodyguards, Bodyguard Eighteen, said as she came forward.

"You would?" Krillian asked hopefully.

"I have a thing for monks." Eighteen said as she smirked.

"Oh brother..." Chi Chi said, "Eighteen, you can talk with this monk."

"Sorry, I guess I can't marry you." Krillian said as he and Bodyguard Eighteen walked away.

"Next."

A tall bestial man came forward. He looked like a giant ape and lion combined with a human topped by a long monkey tail waving behind him. He was holding a giant plate in one huge hand and a cup in the other, the man looked around and asked in a confused tone, "Isn't this the line to the buffet?"

At once, everyone, including Chi Chi, facefaulted. "This is the line to be interviewed for my hand!" Chi Chi screamed. She had never met anyone so hideous and so clueless in her life.

"Oops." The beast said as he put down his plate and cup and bowed. "I'm sorry... I'm... Gokuogapota." He said. Kakarot didn't want to use his true name in fear that anyone from the Kame Kingdom would wonder what happened to him or call him an imposter.

"Gokuog... po... do you mind if I just call you Goku?" Ox-King asked as he found himself not being able to pronounce the beast's name.

"Well... sure." Kakarot shrugged, "And I'm from... a place far away."

Chi Chi frowned at the beast. She glanced at her servants and bodyguards. They cringed at the sight of this beast. "Hmmm... not bad..." Chi Chi said as she looked at the beast. "How do you feel about women?"

"Uhhh... well... they are nice and I think that they should be treated as equals!" Goku replied.

"Hmmm..." Chi Chi smirked. This Goku beast was frightening and yet passive at heart. She could handle bossing him around. "You... are one of the most frightening looking creatures I had ever seen. You'll be my new husband!"

"You're... what?!" Goku exclaimed in shock as his jaw dropped. "But... I'm a monster... I'm not even human!" **At least, not any more.**

"Exactly... you are exactly what I want. No woman would dare flirt with you and any man that wanted me would be too scared by the two of us to even step forward. You will be my husband."

Goku looked down at himself. He was just looking for some free fine food and now he's the future king just because of his curse. The beast gazed into Chi Chi's eyes and saw sadness in the dark depths of her eyes. Maybe, she needed a friend. He heard about the 'Demonic Woman who destroys all she sees'. He was intruiged by her beauty and her strength. **Maybe, she need a friend.** He thought as he closed his eyes. He wanted to go off to search for a way to turn back to Kakarot but this woman needed him more now. "Well... okay! I can be your husband!"

"All right! Then, so it be that Goku is Chi Chi's new fiance!" Ox-King boomed as the other suitors applauded at the beauty and the beast.

To Be Continued...