Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Beast and the Beauty ❯ The End! ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Beast and the Beauty
Part Eight
By Maria Cline

It was a day of reckoning. Goku and the other warriors stepped out into the field with one thing on their minds.

"This is it." Krillian muttered as he stared at the ring. It was a round fighting area that stood up a foot over the ground. It was surrounded by a line of black fire torches. Lord Seru stood at one end of the arena dressed in his armor. He glanced at the group and smiled wickedly.

Eighteen shivered slightly but glared at the warrior. Despite the fact that his very sight sent shivers down her spine, she didn't want to show fear to this man.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! Welcome to the Lord Seru Tournament or as we like to call it... The Cell Games!" The Announcer announced as he came up. He was dressed in black royal garb with a pair of black sunglasses. "Now, here's the rules, each fighter will fight Lord Seru here. If he or she wins the round, he or she will get to compete the other winners. No teaming up with other people to win. That's the only rule... now let the games begin!"

At once, everyone's jaws dropped at the announcement. "WHAT?! THOSE ARE THE RULES?!" Krillian exclaimed, "He'll absorb us if we fight one on one."

"We just have to survive." Goku said as he grinned and then thought, **And hope that I fight him first. If that monster absorb Chi Chi, I don't know what I would do.**

"First, draw your numbers in this box and we'll get started." The Announcer said as he held out the box.

One by one, the warriors drew. All of them hesitant and yet anxious to be first. "I got three." Goku said as he held out his ball.

"I got ten." Vegita said disappointed.

"I got eight." Krillian confessed.

"I... got two." Chi Chi said nervously as she held up her ball.

"I... I got one." Eighteen announced as she came up to the ring.

Lord Seru leapt onto the ring and spread out his cape. "Ah... the bodyguard, I hunger for you."

Eighteen tensed as she felt the urge to run for her life. She was scared. For the first time in a long time, she wanted to run away from fear.

"You can do it, Eighteen. GO FOR IT!" Krillian cheered as he climbed onto Goku's back for a better view.

The woman glanced at her husband. He didn't want to be here. He didn't want to fight and yet here he was, here to fight Lord Seru if needed. "I am not afraid of you." Eighteen said as she conjured up her sword and held it in her hands. Her eyes lit up as she ran toward him. "I WON'T LET YOU EAT ME!" Eighteen proclaimed as she slashed at the man.

Lord Seru just smirked as he rose his hand and grabbed the woman by the head. "You have such delicious power. You will do well in my collection." He focused and the woman vanished in a bright light.

Krillian nearly lost his grip on Goku's back as he watched his wife vanished. "Eighteen!!!" He screamed as he saw his beloved wife disappear in front of his eyes.

"You bastard." Chi Chi growled as she stepped up. "You just killed my most loyal bodyguard... and a good friend." A bright red aura flared out from around her body as she got out her twin swords. "DIE MONSTER!!!" She screamed as fire erupted from her frame.

Lord Seru gasped as he blocked off the fire and the swords. "Your power is passionate and fiery. You are feared beyond belief." He complimented as he attacked.

Chi Chi blocked the attack and grinned. "I am far stronger than my bodyguards..." She chided as she leapt up and did a kick to Lord Seru's head.

Lord Seru grabbed Chi Chi's foot and said, "True, but I have the power of the strongest warriors in the Kingdoms inside me." His hand glowed with the same light as it did when he took Eighteen.

Goku recognized the light and screamed, "CHI CHI!!!" Krillian let go as soon as he realized what the beast will do. Goku will want to fight Lord Seru. Chi Chi looked at him and reached out to him. Her body started to fade away.

Goku lunged up and landed on the area and grabbed for his fiancé. Chi Chi screamed as she tried to grab his paw only to go through his paw and saw darkness overcame her. "Chi Chi..." Goku whispered as he tensed. His beloved was gone. Chi Chi, the woman who could handle his power and the one he vowed to remain with is gone. Lord Seru grimaced and then laughed. His laughter rang in the beast's ears. Goku glared upward at the warrior. His lips went into a snarl as his body twitched.

"YOU MONSTER!!!" He roared as his tail bristled up. Before, he felt fear for his beloved and anxiety to save his future wife. Now, without even a body to bury, Chi Chi is gone, trapped in a monster along with how many else, leaving him with only rage. Goku's eyes went blank as his fur flickered gold. He never felt so angry before in his life. Not even when he was transformed into a monster that he felt this much rage in his heart. His heart pounded as he stared up into the sky. His muscles bulged and his aura exploded into a golden light that parted the heavens and lit up the sky like a blazing sun.

There was silence as everyone recovered and looked on the arena and gasped. Standing in the arena was a golden beast with bright green eyes. Lord Seru stepped back at the power the beast held. He knew about Goku's strength and his abilities but he didn't know that he could transform into a golden being.

"What is he?" Bulma whispered in fear as she managed to get to the warriors. She looked at Piccolo for an answer but he looked more shocked than she was.

"I don't know." Piccolo replied, "I... the spell shouldn't do that!" He was stunned. How could his spell mutate into that? From the looks of it, Goku wasn't even trying to transform. For once in his life, he had no idea what was going on.

Vegita's jaw dropped at the sight and the power the beast held. Throughout his life, he had heard of only one being of myth who has a golden aura and green eyes. "I don't believe this." Vegita whispered, "Goku is the Legendary Golden Warrior!"

"The what?" Krillian asked as he stared at the golden beast.

"The Golden Warrior is born only once every thousand years. He was supposed to be the most powerful warrior in the Kingdoms. But..." Vegita looked down and frowned, "But, only a Saiyan was supposed to become one. And the legends didn't mention anything about a beast being a Golden Warrior." Vegita was confused. Goku was a beast and not a Saiyan.

"Who cares? Look at Goku! He should take care of that Lord Seru now!" Bulma cheered. **Kakarot... he always come through for us.** She thought as she blushed slightly.

Goku stared down at his new form. He felt power like he had never felt it before. It was as if every ounce of his rage just became raw power for him to use. He held up his hands and glared at Lord Seru with eyes of hatred. "You will pay for your crimes, monster." Goku vowed as his aura became brighter.

Lord Seru smirked he went into fighting position. "Well... this will be more of a challenge than I thought." He commented as he attacked the beast.

Echoes of punches and kicks filled the air as Goku and Lord Seru fought. Both gave their all and yet neither could get through the defenses. Goku jumped back and breathed heavily. He was strong but Lord Seru is just as powerful. He glanced down at his paw where Chi Chi's 'bandage' was still there. "I will get you back." Goku whispered and then he cupped his hands to the side. "Kame..." A small ball of light appeared in his hands as he continued, "hame..." His eyes flashed as he focused all of his power into his attack. "HA!!!" A bright white beam shot out of his hands and struck the warrior.

Lord Seru screamed as he held out his hands and tried to block out the attack. Then, his hands twitched as it relaxed as if it has a will of its own. "What the?" He muttered as the beam crashed into his body and sent him to the far side of the arena.

Goku watched anxiously as Lord Seru got up. The top part of his armor had cracked to show a bright red orb. It pulsed with power like a beating heart.

Piccolo recognized it immediately. "Goku! That's the soul orb! It has all of his souls. Take it out and destroy it and you will free Dende, Chi Chi, and her bodyguard!" Piccolo screamed at the top of his lungs.

Goku's eyes brightened as he smirked. "Well... that will be easy."

"Not so fast." Lord Seru taunted as he got out his sword. "You will have to kill me to get the soul orb." Then, his hands betrayed him again and flung the sword away. "What is going on?!" Lord Seru cried out in shock.

**You... should never had been so greedy.** Chi Chi whispered in his mind as his hands locked each other behind his back. **So many souls... so little control.**

"No..." Lord Seru moaned as he struggled, "I am Lord Seru, I am the most powerful warrior in the Kingdoms!"

Goku stared at the warrior. Why was he acting so funny? Was it a trick? Then, he heard a voice inside his mind. **Hurry, Goku... not much time.**

"Chi Chi..." Goku said comforted by his fiancé's 'voice'. Even captured, Chi Chi still fought with her heart and soul. He flew up to the distracted warrior and yanked out orb. The two fell to the ground and Goku held the small orb in his huge paws. Suddenly, a wave of weakness overcame him.

"Fool... if anyone touches and destroy the soul orb, he will lose his life!" Lord Seru laughed as he lay on the ground.

**Goku, don't do it!** Chi Chi cried out, **Don't die for me.**

Goku just looked up and said, "It is my duty to protect the innocent and save others, even at the cost of my life. I love you, Chi Chi and I'm sorry." The beast focused his power and the orb exploded in his hands.

Lord Seru screamed as he vanished in a bright light. Everyone, even the sunglasses wearing Announcer, covered their eyes. After the glare vanished, the warriors looked up to see many warriors, sorcerers, and even scholars lying on the ground. They slowly got up and stared around. One that stood out the most was a young green boy wearing a robe. He looked at Piccolo and asked, "Father?"

Piccolo shook as he tried not to cry. He jumped around the warriors and hugged his son. "Son... Dende, my son." He whispered as he stroke his son's head. "I'm here."

Krillian and the others looked around to see Eighteen and Chi Chi standing side by side. "Eighteen!" Krillian called out as he ran around the still dazed people and jumped into his wife's arms.

"Krillian!" Eighteen exclaimed she hugged her husband. "I'm alive."

"Yeah. I know you could handle yourself." Krillian said as he cried in relief.

"Goku?" Chi Chi asked as she looked around frantically for her beast. Then, she saw a furry figure lying on the ground. Everyone else was keeping their distance away. His blue and orange outfit was torn in many places and blood was spilled everywhere. "Goku!!!" She exclaimed as she ran to him and cradled his fallen form in her arms despite his huge size and that he was bleeding everywhere. Goku's gold fur became brown once more. "Goku..." She sobbed as she tried to find a pulse.

The beast's eyes opened slightly and he smiled warmly at her. "You're alive... good..."

"Hang on!" Chi Chi pleaded as she held his head in her lap. "Please." She whispered as tears ran down her cheeks.

Goku weakly rose his paw and gently graced her face. "I'm sorry... I guess... I won't...be able... marry you... now... I... love you... Chi... Chi..." Goku gasped out as darkness slowly surround him.

"Shhh... please, save your strength. You have to live. Please." Chi Chi said as she held her beloved closer to her chest. "Please, you can't die. You just can't." Deep within her soul lay a stone heart. It softened thanks to Goku's sweet nature. "Please, don't die." She begged as her warm tears splattered all over her armor. The words she had been so reluctant to say finally came to her. The words she said in her mind and heart many times but never admitted out loud finally came out. "I love you." She finally whispered as Goku's breathing became shallow. She tilted her head high into the air and screamed as loud as her voice allows her, "I LOVE YOU!!!"

Then, her armor chest plate glowed in a radiant golden light. Unlike the golden light that was around Goku that was filled with rage and power, it was a soft golden light that was as warm and inviting as an morning sun. Chi Chi felt a warm sensation as she stared down at her beloved to see him glowing in the same golden light as her armor.

Everyone else just watched as the two glowed with a warm golden light. No one could speak but all except for two were wondering what was going on. Bulma and Piccolo smiled slightly at the sight.

Chi Chi watched in fascination as Goku shrank before her very eyes. He grew smaller and his fur vanished. Slowly, his wounds heal, his paws transformed into human hands, his skin lightened to a peach color and his hair turned pitch black color. The beast had transformed into a handsome young man. "GOKU?!" Chi Chi squeaked as she shook the man in her arms.

The man groaned as he opened his eyes. "My head." He moaned as he sat up and notice Chi Chi gawking at him. He coughed slightly at his funny sounding voice and then stared at his hands. They were peach colored with actual fingers. "My hands... I'm me..." He grinned as he hugged Chi Chi. "I'm me again!"

"Goku?" Chi Chi repeated as she shook him. "Goku or whoever you are you better tell me what the hell is going on!!!"

"Ohhh..." Goku looked down and then glanced around him. "It's kinda a long story..."

"We got plenty of time." Chi Chi picked up Goku and dragged the warrior to a private spot while the newly transformed warrior struggled to keep up and keep his much larger pants on.

*****

Chi Chi couldn't believe her ears as Goku or Kakarot relayed what happened before their fateful meeting. "And so, Piccolo transformed me into that beast. He said that I have to melt a stone heart to change back but I didn't know what he meant by melting a stone heart since stone can't really melt." He frowned and commented, "I still don't know what that meant. Anyway..." He gazed into Chi Chi's eyes and held her hands. "I'm sorry for hiding the truth. But, I was enchanted and... I was forbidden to tell anyone about this. I know this sounds odd but do you still want to marry me, even if I'm not Goku the Beast anymore?"

Chi Chi didn't answer. Instead she pulled him forward and kissed him passionately. Kakarot wrapped his arms around his beloved and kissed back. Finally, Chi Chi stopped and said, "You are still Goku the Beast to me. I..." She blushed and said, "I loved you because you are so sweet and noble and had such a caring soul. I don't know anyone else who would risk everything to help save a man who ruined your life. Or someone who would put up with a witch like me."

Kakarot smiled as he held her. "When I first met you, I saw a woman who needed a friend and a companion. When we spend time together, you showed such a passion and yet such sensitivity to everything around you. You are like a fire, yeah you can be destructive but you are also so warm. I love you."

"I love you too but... you must understand that we have at least spend some time getting to know each other again. I mean, I do love you but I want to know Kakarot as well... we can't just get married right at the start just because we happen to meet under strange circumstances like some people I know." Chi Chi explained.

*****

**Achoo!** Vegita and Bulma sneezed simultaneously.

"Bless you." Krillian muttered.

*****

"I see your point." Kakarot laughed as he held out his hand, "I'm Kakarot Son, former Kame Knight."

"I'm Chi Chi." Chi Chi said as they shook hands. "Okay, so... I don't know what to call you now. Mind if I still call you 'Goku'? I'm much more used to calling you that."

"Sure... I'm used to being called that too." Goku said as he rubbed his head.

"Good... let's get the others and go home." Chi Chi said as they got up and walked outside. There, they saw a group of curious people standing there.

"Goku... er... Kakarot! You had just defeated Lord Seru and saved the souls of many people." The Announcer said as he came up, "What will you do?"

"Go home." Goku said as he and Chi Chi ran off at a speed greater than many humans can run.

*****

"And so, that's what happened." Goku said as he and Chi Chi sat in their dining room across from a pair of men. They were a pair of writers who heard about the rumors of Beauty and the Beast and wanted to see for themselves how much of the tale is true. "Chi Chi and I got married after a year and just had our first son. His name is Gohan, after my grandfather."

"I see..." One of the writers said as he wrote in his notebook, "What about Princess Bulma and Vegita, the warrior formerly known as the Saiyan prince?"

"They got married too... of course, Vegita had to adapt a last name. They named him 'Prince Charming'." Goku snickered, "I don't know why... but it just stuck."

"What about this sorcerer, Piccolo?"

"I don't know. He kinda just vanished." Chi Chi said, "We heard rumors of course but as far as we know, Piccolo is just wandering the countryside with his son. Krillian and Bodyguard Eighteen went off to live on a island.

"I see... this is very helpful to us. Thank you for your help." The writer said as he stood up and shook Goku's hand.

"No problem." Goku said as he grinned, "I hope you get inspired for those fairy tales."

"We are." The writers bowed and left.

After they left the castle, the Brothers Grimm looked over their notes.

"Well... that is one interesting story. A handsome man being transformed into a beast and changed back by a beautiful woman."

"Yes, but a kind hearted beast and a cold hearted warrior woman? I don't know if that will work. What if we change it a little? Maybe have the beast as a cold hearted monster and a kind hearted beautiful woman."

"Yeah! And the beast can be some lord like Lord Seru."

"Yes, and that sleeping prince idea is okay. But no one would believe that a princess would go around hunting princes... we can have a sleeping beauty instead. A prince could wake her up... and we don't do the ego thing. Maybe just pure love."

"These stories will be classics."

And so... they are...

The End!