Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Thoughts at the attic ❯ no more memories ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Dragonball Z, I just use its characters

Cleaning The Attic

Chapter 1

Here I am, In the attic. Wasting my time cleaning it up while I could've been doing something useful like training. But instead, that damn woman made me do this woman job! It's a disgrace. A prince like me shouldn't be doing this. We should have servants to do this! But the woman leaves me no choice. She won't fix the gravity room until this is done. Humans!

I grab a box. I might just as well throw it away; I certainly wouldn't miss it. But curiosity gets the upper hand. I want to know what is inside here. I can't explain what's happening, but I must take a look inside. I put the box down on the floor. I remove the lid and I look at what is inside the box. There are several books in there. Or maybe the are albums. I take one of them out. A name seems to be written on the cover. The name is unclear though. It's all covered in dust. I wipe away the dust. The name is still quite unclear. I narrow my eyes and now I am able to read the name. It says Bulma. I know I have to put the book away, but something is stopping me. I don't know whatever it is, but it is almost forcing me to open the book. I sense the room to make sure nobody's there. I'm all alone. I open the book.

The first page inside is black. It has something written in silver symbols. The light in the attic is very dim, that makes it harder to read what it says. But my trained saiyan-eyes do not fail me. The letters on this first page say `To our sweat daughter Bulma. Let the memories live once more.' Memories? What does that mean? What is this?

My hands are trembling as I turn to the next page. Why? Why are they shaking? This next page is black too. Only this time there are no letters, just photographs. I see a man and a woman. They are holding a baby. Wait. I do see letters. This photo has a subscription. It says: `Look, our daughter was just born! We named here Bulma and she's soooo cute!' Cute? I take another good look at the picture. Are those her parents? Now I see the resemblance between the picture and the real ones. The same eyes, the same smile. Only their hair is different. Well, I guess that's just their age. I've noticed that humans often get grey hair as they turn older. Some of them try to cover it by dialling their hair. Not that it'll do them any good. You don't need a trained eye to see that it's all fake.

My thoughts go back to Vegetasei. I don't remember anyone there with grey hair. But then again, most of the warriors were killed in battle even before they had the slightest chance to grow old. Frieza would make sure of that. I grit my teeth as I think back of the one that destroyed my planet. The planet I was supposed to rule. I shake my head to get rid of that thought. That's all behind me now. There is no Frieza anymore. He's dead and that's it.

I look back at the book I'm still holding. Why would anyone want to do this? Why are those humans so pleased to place their memories inside this book? It's no use. It's all behind them. Whatever happened happened and there is no way the can relive it all over again. Neither can they change what happened. But why do they want to hang on and torture themselves with those foolish memories? And why do they write a book about it?

I wonder what I should do next. Should I turn the page? See what else is in here? More memories? More pain? I know I'd be better of if I just put the book down. I try to close it. There it is again. That feeling! AARGH! Why can't it just leave me alone? I want to scream. I want to shake my head and scream like a wild animal, just to make that feeling go away. But I won't. I somehow know it'll be no use. I recognise the feeling. I can't place it just yet, but I recognise it. And I know that the only thing I can do is turn to the next page. And so I will.

On the next page I see more pictures. I see pictures of Bulma as a baby. She is so small and fragile and… weak. Not human weak but baby weak. Like all babies are. Even on Vegetasei. I remember looking at the newborn babies there. They were tested for their rank. The weakest babies were sent to planets such as this to grow up there and take it over. I remember Kakarot being sent here. He was a lower rank too. BLAST YOU KAKAROT! You were a lower rank you hear? A LOWER RANK! But he surpassed me! And by doing so he took away the only thing I had left. Frieza wanted to take away my feelings, but Kakarot…He took away my pride! It makes me even more angry every time I think about that. Again I shake my head. No. I said NO! I will NOT be reminded of that day anymore!

Suddenly something touches my cheek. In a quick response I slap my hand against it. I feel something small against my fingers. I lower my hand to see what it is. A fly! Nothing but a useless, little, annoying fly! And now it's dead. I spread my fingers and the fly falls down. But it didn't fall on the floor as it was supposed to. It fell on the book I was still holding. It fell straight on the picture where Bulma's parents were washing here as a baby. In fact, it fell straight on Bulma. I blow the fly away from the picture. Now I see a naked Bulma. A naked baby-Bulma with no breasts or anything. It is strange. I have never seen her like that before. So innocent. So small. So… ugly. Compared to what she's grown into, she really was ugly. I realise I like her better the way she looks now.

Now I've really had enough of this. I want to put the book away and go downstairs to train. Oh, no. Not again! Yes. Again this feeling comes back. What is it? Damn it, WHAT is it? Could it be curiosity? No. It's deeper than curiosity. It's more like… like longing! That must be it! But how can it be? Why am I longing to see what else there is? Why in the universe would I have the desire to know? It doesn't matter. I can't stop it. I can't stop the way I feel. And DAMN do I hate that!

My breath is trembling with every page I turn. I see so many pictures, so many things I never knew. I see people I've never seen before and I see Bulma having fun with them. I see Bulma's first birthday, her first day at school, the first time she rides her bike. I see her growing older as I turn over the leaves. Her laughs, her cries, her happiness her pain. All these emotions. What should I do with them? They're killing me! With every page I finish the longing for the next page comes back. Along with the fear. What is that? Why do I fear a book? Do I fear to see what will be next? Am I afraid to see more emotions?

Bulma just keeps getting older. It goes so fast. She's 6 now, no 7. Now she's 8, 9, 10. The last picture here is a picture of her 11th birthday. I see Bulma in a swimsuit. A green swimsuit. Her hair is tied up in a ponytail. I see some other girls. They're all wearing swimsuits. At the background, I see her mother. She is serving drinks for the kids. I have no idea what is inside the glasses. Tea probably. Or maybe just soda. Everybody is laughing as they pose for this picture. They are all so happy I can barely stand watching.

I close the book. Finally. That was the last photograph. I turn the book around. Again, I see those letters that are supposed to spell the word `Bulma'. Finally I'm done. My hands are still trembling. I decide to put the book back in it's box. I look at the other books that are in here. Should I get an other one? Or should I just leave it be?

This is the end. Or is it?

Want to know what else Vegeta will find? Review and you'll find out soon!