Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Under the Moon ❯ Under the Moon ( One-Shot )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

**A/N: Yay! Another poor attempt at literature! ^_^ Well, here we go with the formalities... *grumble*

**Disclaimer: I, SaintMe, my muses Ha'ani and TheBoy, do not own any rights to the TV show Dragon Ball Z/GT, nor the song "Under the Moon" by the Insane Clown Posse.

**Disclaimer II: My muses have expressed a great disliking to this song fic idea, so they are not responsible for flames, tossed water balloons, slashing my tires... whatever you guys decide to do to me for this load of crap.

Ha'ani: Thank you... it's just too wrong for me

TheBoy: YAOI! NO MALE ON MALE! BAD! *shudders and rocks back and forth mumbling......*

SM: *sighs* Please forgive him. He's deeply uncultured... well... I guess that depends on how you look at it ^_^ anyway, please read and review... this is my second song fic... the first didn't get much for reviews... so I'm trying again! woo!!

~~~~~~~~

Trunks and Goten had been inseparable since anyone could remember. Their childhood was filled with adventure, mischief, and lots and lots of screaming from their mothers. That suited them perfectly. There was nothing in their world that would ever drive them apart. No matter the danger, the horrors that they each saw, they always remained close to each other.

Goten had idolized his lavender haired counter part. Trunks' good looks, instinctual grace, and immense strength always awed the younger demi-saiyan. He often found himself wishing he could be more like Trunks. Be more open. Be more popular. Be genuinely happy, as Trunks always seemed to be. But, after some deep consideration, Goten decided that he was happy enough being friends with him. If he couldn't be him, he would love him.

And to Goten's surprise, he found himself IN love with him.

I'm still here

Under the moon

I was just a child

But you seem like so much more

The way you would approach me

And drift across the floor

I'd see you in the hall

And you'd kiss me with a smile

I never understood it

Was I even worth your while?

The other kids at school

They would hate me and they'd spit

Cuz I was just a no one

To them I wasn't shit

But you would always hold me

And stand there by my side

We were only 17

We'd be together till we died

Goten kept his secret hidden deep. Deep down in the darkest parts of his soul. He knew what loving Trunks meant. It meant abandonment. Loneliness. Ridicule from family and friends. Alienation. It would mean he would lose Trunks, and that wasn't something he could deal with. So he sat idly by, growing fonder of Trunks as the days passed. He veiled his pain very well the year when he was 16, Trunks 17. His love had ran into Goten's bedroom one spring afternoon, a look of pure joy on his face. Goten felt a little pang of jealousy that he wasn't the one to cause his darling this much pleasure. Trunks basically ran laps around Goten's small bedroom, the cheesy smile plastered on his flawless face, until Goten could stand it no longer.

"What's gotten you all excited Trunks?"

"Well, I was walking home like usual, when I felt someone following me. I turned around and guess who it was?"

"I don't know Trunks."

"It was Channy. She's that really pretty new girl in my class I told you about, remember?"

"Yes." Goten's chest tightened. He had a sneaky suspicion he knew exactly where this story was going.

"Well, when I turned around, she kinda jumped, like she didn't expect me to catch her following me. She turned so red, it was just hilarious. But I didn't laugh at her. I didn't even get a chance to. She just stalked up to me, all determined like, and planted one right on me." Trunks lifted his fingertips to his lips in a feather light touch, remembering the softness of her lips against his. Goten felt as though he was going to explode. That... whore... had touched his love. He would... No, he couldn't do anything. Then Trunks would find out his secret. Goten plastered his own cheesy grin on his face and congratulated Trunks.

Three months later, Trunks and Channy were an exclusive item. They were the picture of romance. Trunks left a flower in her locker at least every other day. She in turn would make him things, seeing as she was quite an accomplished artist. Drawings, posters, small sculptures. Everything she had given him, made it seem as though Trunks would melt into a little gooey puddle of lavender. The same went for Channy when Trunks brought her flowers, or candies, or anything at all. They were completely caught up in each other.

And all Goten could think about, was how she had stolen his one true love. She had swept Trunks right out from under him. But he knew that he could never say anything. He wouldn't risk losing Trunks completely, simply because of his own silly jealousy.

It was on a star filled night, that Goten finally realized the power of his love for Trunks. There was a dance at the high school. Trunks of course went with Channy. Goten went stag. He had only wanted to go because Trunks was going, so he saw no point in dragging some whiney girl along with him.

Goten was standing at the food table, sipping punch quietly, watching as hot sweaty bodies gyrated against each other despite the angry looks the chaperoning teachers gave them. He spotted Trunks on the other side of the room, dancing with Channy. They looked like every other couple on the floor. Bodies were pressed tight. Trunks' hands were sliding down Channy's sides to her pretty little behind to squeeze it gently. She in turn threw her head back in a hearty, playful laugh, then reached up to drag her fingers through that silky mess of hair. Goten groaned. He had wanted to do that for so long. And here he was, witnessing almost every desire he ever had, being performed by an unworthy female. He took another sip of his punch, suddenly wishing that someone had spiked it.

He watched, and watched, and watched. His throat was dry, and his eyes glittered with unshed tears. He was hurting so bad, but if Trunks was happy then.... then Goten was happy for him. He watched still as Channy took Trunks by the hand, a rather serious look on her face as she dragged him out the doors into the hall. Goten downed the rest of his punch and followed. Standing just within ear shot, he listened. And his rage grew.

"I'm sorry Trunks. There's somebody else."

"Channy, I love you."

There was a soft sigh.

"I'm sorry Trunks, but I don't love you. I need to go now-"

"No Channy please!"

"Let go Trunks! Goodbye!"

Goten took a step back to avoid being seen as Channy stalked past him and out the doors towards the parking lot. He felt... strange. Almost as if he was relieved. How could he be relieved when his best friend, his love, was in so much pain? Because of that... that BITCH. She had destroyed him. She ripped his heart out and stomped on it. That worthless slut. Thinking anyone could be better than Trunks.

No one was better than Trunks.

She wasn't worthy of him.

He'd show her the mistake she had made.

Taking a quick glance towards Trunks, who was hunched down, leaning against the lockers, silent sobs coming from him, Goten snuck out the doors after Channy.

He'd show her.

The night was cool as he stepped outside, listening carefully for Channy. He half smiled when he heard her heels clacking on the pavement. She was walking.

Stupid move bitch.

He followed at a safe distance, not wanting her to know of him yet. He felt his own power crackling around him. He felt giddy. Excited. His senses were so high as he followed the small woman. She was so clueless. So unaware of what was about to happen. She turned down a darker street, decidedly far enough away from any resident housing.

It was time.

"Channy." Goten spoke softly. The woman whirled around, fright apparent on her face. But that soon changed to anger. Then disgust.

"Don't think that you'll be able to talk me into going back out with Trunks, Goten. I don't want him anymore."

"I'm not here to get you back for Trunks. I haven't even talked to him yet. He doesn't know I'm here."

"Oh. Then what are you doing here?"

"I'm here to show you what you've done."

Channy threw her head back and laughed.

"You're not serious Goten. What are you gonna do?"

Goten smiled and his eyes narrowed. He reveled in the feeling when he saw her face pale.

"I'm going to show you how much Trunks is worth to me. I'm going to give you what you deserve."

Channy turned and ran, her heels clacking louder and louder as she made her way down the street. Goten stayed still for a few moments. Giving one's prey a head start always made the hunt much more fun.

So much fun.

He waited until she turned a corner, down an alley.

Another stupid move.

Fucking bitch.

He followed her at a leisurely pace, flying through the air after her. She should take off those heels. They're making it all too easy for him. He turned the corner and saw her dart behind a building. Goten picked up his pace. He was gaining. He couldn't hold in the laughter.

"HELP! SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!" Channy screamed as she ran as fast as she could. She darted down another dark alley, half tripping over discarded garbage and other things littering the street. Her heart sank. A chain link fence. At least 6 feet above her head. She was trapped.

Channy whirled around, ready to protect herself in any way she could. Goten stood at the end of the alley, the street lights behind casting him into shadow. His fists were clenched, his body tense, but still he smiled.

So much fun.

"Channy."

"Stay away from me Goten!"

"You shouldn't have done that to Trunks." He took a step forward. Channy screamed. In an instant, he was in front of her, his hand clamped over her mouth, smearing her lip stick up her cheek. Channy's eyes were wide with horror as Goten pressed her against the fence.

"You shouldn't have done that Channy."

A small whimper.

Her eyes shut tightly, tears streaming from the corners.

Goten took a deep breath, taking in the scent of her fear. It made him feel so alive. He raised a hand to smooth back some of her hair and loved the shudder than ran through her frail frame.

"You shouldn't have stolen him from me Channy. You're going to pay for it. You're going to pay for it all."

He threw her against the brick of the building next to them. Her head cracked against the stone, and she fell to her knees, her head swimming. She wasn't given time to recover. Goten's strong hands encircled her throat.

He squeezed tight, her eyes bugging, her fingers clawing at his arms in a feral attempt to stop him.

The whites of her eyes burst into an array of red.

Her mouth began to foam.

Goten watched.

And smiled.

Then she was still. Limp beneath his hands. Goten let go slowly, viewing his handiwork. Her throat was crushed to the form of his fingers. He took a step back and formed a ki ball in his hand. Tossing it carelessly, he lit her aflame and watched for a moment as the fires took her. The smell of burning flesh filled the air.

Goten headed back for the school, to comfort his love.

But then it all happened

The ever dreadful day

Somebody tried to rape you

And now I'll make him pay

You pointed him out to me

My thoughts began to race

I took my daddy's 45 and shot him in the fuckin' face!

I did it all for you

And though I'm facing years

I would do the time just to equal all your tears

The last thing that you told me when I left the courtroom

Is that we'd always be together...

Cuz we're both under the moon.

"I'll forever love you

Even in your doom

We'll always be together

Cuz we're both under the moon"

Life went back to normal after the initial shock of Channy going missing. Goten put on quite a show of sympathy when Trunks cried. He cried over the break up. Over her disappearance. Goten held Trunks gently and let him cry, the whole time patting himself on the back for ridding his love of the bitch. Life was normal again. Trunks and Goten were once again inseparable.

But, that changed again.

Her name was Rosalie. She was an exchange student from Sicily, in Trunks' senior year. She had been even prettier than Channy. Tall, slim but curved, long dark hair, large brown doe eyes. She was lovely. Not only was she pretty, but she was very kind. She did charity drives, worked with the elderly and the mentally handicapped. She collected canned food for the underprivileged, volunteered her time after school to help with the music program.

Goten admitted that she was a very good woman.

But he hated her.

She had what he wanted.

And as the year drew to a close, Rosalie sat down with Trunks and they decided that it would be better that they break up. After all, she had to go home. She had her own family there, and plans for her future. With a quick hug, they parted their ways.

And Goten listened to it all.

And he followed her.

Such a beautiful girl.

The first thing he did was drag his fingernails down her face, destroying her splendor. Bloody trickles dripping down her olive skin.

The rest was much, much slower.

Each bone broken separately.

"You shouldn't have used him Rosalie. You knew that you were going home at the end of the year. Do you know how much he hurts?"

She could only cry.

"Well, now you do Rosalie. Now you do."

Goten looked forward to the school break. Trunks didn't have a girlfriend now. He would get his love all to himself. As it should be. As it had always been. As it always will be.

But when Goten arrived at C.C. to enjoy their first day of freedom, he was met with an terrifying situation.

Trunks was sitting on the front porch.

Three suitcases were sitting next to him.

"Hey Goten. Guess what! I'm going to visit some relatives in America for the break! Isn't that cool? They live in New York City, and my Aunt said that there was this really nice girl named Sarah that lives just a few doors down from her- Hey Goten? Are you alright?"

I sit here in my cell

And the walls are made of stone

I justified your pain

But now I sit alone

I write another letter

I write one everyday

I never got a letter back

I write them anyway

I try to call collect

Your number has been changed

I'm staring at the light bulb and I start to feel deranged

You never came to visit me

I sit facing the glass

No one's on the other side and now its in the past

My head is always spinning

I'm pounding' on the wall

I feel like I'm forgotten

No sign of you at all

You're probably getting' married

You're probably getting fucked

I'll break out of this cage and try to cut that mutha fucka up

I curl up in the corner

My body will corrode

My teeth are turning into dust my skin is growing mold

I'm staring out the window of my eternal doom

I know that you are out there...

Somewhere underneath the moon.

"I'll forever love you

Even in your doom

We'll always be together

Cuz we're both under the moon"

The break from school was never ending. This was the only time that Goten would have gotten with Trunks, seeing as his love had graduated a year before him. But now... now he was in a foreign country, playing house with the girl down the street.

He was with someone else.

He should have been with him.

Trunks should have loved him.

Why didn't he?

Trunks should be there right now, enjoying the last few days they would have together till Goten went back to school, and Trunks to his job at C.C.

But he wasn't.

He had left him.

Goten didn't know what to do.

He had done everything for Trunks. He had been his friend, his confidant, his secret admirer. He had taken care of those women who had hurt him in his life. And he would do it again. He would do anything for Trunks. But... but why did Trunks leave him when he knew that they would barely be able to see each other? Why?

He didn't know what to do.

How could he prove to Trunks how much he was worth? He didn't need to traipse around with those whores. He was capable of so much better.

He was capable of Goten.

Yes, he would show him.

He felt... relieved.

Goten smiled.

Many many years

Many more to go

Does she still remember?

God he only knows

I now become a savage

They chain me to a wall

I still can see your body

I still can hear your call

I'm nothing but a maggot

I'm locked away and lost

The world that doesn't want me

My dignity is tossed

And to the girl

For who I feel this doom

Look here...

Fuck you and the moon!

"I'll forever love you

Even in your doom

We'll always be together

Cuz we're both under the moon"

~~~~~~~~

Ha'ani: My brain hurts.

SM: That's a good thing.

TheBoy: That was sick and twisted... you DO know that, right?

SM: Nope. I'm blissfully ignorant. *dances*

Alright people, you know the drill ^_^ Review this for me... should I just give up on song fics all together? Yes? No? Do you think the song fit pretty well with the story? I did.. but hey, THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO EXPRESS YOUR OPINION!!

And as Mum always used to say... Everyone is entitled to their own opinion... no matter how wrong it is

*smirk*

TheBoy: She's just kidding people. She really does love you.

SM: *smacks him* Hush! You're gonna blow my cover!

TheBoy: Oh come on, we BOTH know you're a shitty liar.

Ha'ani: Well I dunno.. she did a pretty good job convincing people she was funny with "For Crying Out Loud!"

SM: 0_o .... Some people's muses I swear.....