Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ United Destiny ❯ Escape ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N Ok I am redoing this story. This chapter isn't so different but there will be more changes coming in chapter two.

Disclaimer: (A girl dressed in black with a mask covering her face is rummaging through drawers franticly looking for something.) "Finally I found it," the girl says pulling out an orange ball with two stars in the middle. (The girl climbs out the window unto a fire escape and heads down to the street below. Once her feet are on the ground, she speaks again.) "Six more dragon balls to go before I can wish that I own Dragon Ball Z."

~Chapter One~

~Escape~

It was too cold. The wind wouldn't stop pounding against the building that offered Bulma so little shelter. The building was old and falling apart, but it left her some protection from the vicious, blinding wind. Some protection it was. There were numerous small holes in the wooden floorboards that kept letting the icy air through.

The bitter cold wind left Bulma's body chilled to the point that she would kill to be warm. Literally.

As she moved slightly, wrapping her arms tighter around herself, she realized how stiff her body was. Her body needed to stay moving to keep the coldness from settling in her bones.

Bulma longed for a fight; unfortunately, no good fighters were available for a battle. Not that it mattered considering Bulma still wasn't in any condition for an all-out brawl. She was still recovering from events from earlier that day. Nevertheless, the thought of a battle soothed the young woman's restlessness.

The last fight had taken place just a few hours before. Yet, it seemed longer ago than that to Bulma. Most likely because she hated to be cooped up like she was right now. It didn't matter though because the "challenger" was too weak to be considered a real fighter.

Yet, Bulma had to admit fighting the man was better than sitting down and freezing like she was now. The "fight" lasted for a minute or two. And the only reason it lasted that long was because Bulma wanted to see how long the man could scream. Normally she wasn't so malevolent, but the man was from the military. Obviously, Bulma strongly disagreed in returning with him. He was searching for her to take her back to be experimented upon again.

She still hadn't figured out why the Hisseran overran her ship and took her captive in space almost a week ago. Bulma had resisted capture at first by evading them in her space ship, but she was quickly surrounded and cornered off by a squadron of bounty hunters in sleek and maneuverable fighters that were hired by the Hisserans.

Then a fleet of ion cannon warships and missile frigates arrived, unleashing volleys of relentless fire on her imprisoned ship. Frantically Bulma tried to raise the shield defense, but the shower of blasts wore it down. The shield only lasted for a minute or so before a scavenger corvette clamped onto the ship, tearing a hole into the side of the hull with fusion lasers, the intruders aggressively pouring out through the makeshift port.

Bulma clenched her fists as she thought about how the aliens had overrun her ship. Bulma killed at least two-dozen of the intruders. But her resistance was futile.

The number of intruders increased exponentially replacing the ones she managed to kill while she kept her self barely conscious. While she gripped to a strand of consciousness, she felt them snapping Ki restraining chains on her limbs. The last thing she saw was one of the interlopers swing the butt of his laser rifle smashing her temple before she succumbed to the blackness.

When she awoke, she laid on a steel deck, ki restraints around her arms wrists and ankles. Taking what diminutive energy she had, Bulma lifted her head up and looked for any escape. She was in a brightly lit room that had plain white walls on all sides. Above her appear to be a ceiling made of glass, but was tinted so she couldn't see out. There appeared to be no one around yet she felt as if her every movement was being watched. `Enough of this game,' she thought to herself.

She struggled against the chains with her raw strength to no avail. She needed more time to recover. As she lifted her head once more to locate the door, all the lights in the room went out. As her eyesight struggled to adjust to the new darkness, she heard movement. Using her senses, she tried to identify the sound. Someone was in the room with her.

"Who are you?" Bulma growled struggling against the chains that kept her bound. She didn't receive an answer instead an electric shock travel through her body as the perpetrator used a weapon to knock her unconscious once more.

That's when they began to run the experiment on her with their new weapon. She wasn't even sure why they went to all the trouble to capture her. What did they want from her? A new toy to experiment on and study, is that what they were looking for?

The feeling of warmth drew her from her reminiscing. `Warmth, but how?' Bulma thought. Suddenly her eyes snapped open with realization.

She looked up and brought her hands away from her huddled form, a dull blue light illuminated her whole body. Quickly she powered back down. While remembering what happened to her, she raised her Ki level in anger. She wished that she didn't have to lower her power level back down. Already the feeling of numbness and cold replaced the feeling of warmth her body was feeling just moments ago. She didn't have a choice however.

She had to keep her Ki low or else the planet's military division who took her captive in the first place could locate her energy signature and find her again. So she had to sit down and freeze instead of flaring her Ki to keep warm.

Actually, her anger and rage at the Hisserans who took her captive had dispersed considerably, leaving Bulma feeling immensely bored and craving some action. Ever since she arrived on this planet and escaped from her captors, she hadn't been doing much except picking off a few men that wandered into the building and disturbed her. It was time to move Bulma decided. Already seven Hisseran people had stumbled onto her hiding spot. Most likely, they were seeking shelter from the storm. Nevertheless as soon as the windstorm died down a bit more, she would move.

Bulma did not intend to alert the Hisseran military immediately, because she didn't want them to show up with that weapon and use it on her again. After her capture, she had learned what Hisseran technology could do. However, destroying some people in a few various cities of the planet sounded entertaining to Bulma.

In reality, a bloody rampage wasn't exactly what she wanted. She personally thought that blindly killing everyone in sight just for the sake of killing people was senseless. It got old fast. It was so much more fun to make the people wish they were dead.

But she didn't have time to wonder around and torture people, she was too eager to leave the planet for that. However, she could always wait for the people to evacuate and then destroy all of their homes. That way people would be left to tell what happened. Maybe then the people of this planet would think twice about trying to keep a Saiyan captive.

At the very least it would provide Bulma with efficient amusement at least until the inhabitants got their weapon there. Bulma had no idea what the weapon was that they used to experiment on her with. Suddenly her body shuddered involuntarily, but she knew it wasn't from the cold that nipped at her body. The pain that the .... machine or whatever it was, created was like nothing she had ever experienced before. It was as if she was surrounded by pain and pressure that threatened to crush her body smaller and smaller until she was no more. She never wanted to face that thing again.

The only reason she managed to escape from its power the last time was because the scientists operating it thought she was unconscious but in reality, she was fully alert. Her body was what betrayed her.

(Flashback to earlier that day)

Her body felt helpless and weak. It felt as though all of her strength had ripped through her body and simply disappeared. Closing her eyes, Bulma was about to let the pain overtake her into the darkness when the pain disappeared as well. `The scientists must not want to kill me yet,' Bulma thought trying to draw strength to her beaten body. `She would make sure to use their error of judgment to her advantage,' she finished as she began to use her anger against her captors to cultivate her energy.

She picked up the sounds of approaching group of people. Opening her eyelids slightly she glanced quickly at the approaching group before closing them again. There was about twenty or so men carrying chains to shackle her limbs again until they wanted to test the power of their machine on her again.

Bulma played it safe, waiting until the militia was close to her. That way the scientists wouldn't start the machine and risk that their men be endanger of the powerful blast the machine emitted.

When the men were within a couple feet from her, she had cultivated enough strength to make her escape. As couple of the dozen or so men reached down to chain up her limbs, Bulma raised her Ki letting out a huge power burst.

Most of the men became unbalanced and fell down away from her. Not wanting to pass up this opportunity Bulma used their surprise to her advantage and stood up triumphantly. `The people of the planet were fools and needed to be destroyed for their insolence' she thought proudly.

She sent a death glare at the scientists controlling the machine. They would be the first to go. They would pay for causing her pain.

The scientists started to panic when they realized that Bulma wanted to kill them using the mysterious energy waves she could shot out from her hands. With that gruesome thought in their heads the scientists were perfectly willing to sacrifice the army men in exchange for their own lives. One of them frantically started up the machine.

Yet, they weren't aware that Bulma had a plan in mind just to prove that she wasn't to be taken lightly. At the last moment before the wave from the machine hit her, she flew into the air. After a few hundred feet, she looked back upon the men or what was left of them.

While Bulma had escaped unharmed, the men on the ground below her were unable to leave and were caught by the machine's power. Their bodies were crippled instantly. It was too bad; Bulma was hoping to hear their screams of pain caused by their own people.

Bulma just laughed when the scientist looked up and found her still alive. They were in shock, but they were ignorant people to think they could catch her in the same trap two times in a row.

Bulma let one more laugh before releasing an enormous Ki blast at the scientists. She could not see if they were dead due to the big black cloud of smoke that began to rise to the sky from her blast. `Oh well it would do for now,' Bulma thought changing her focus to the rest of the militia who were franticly gathering arms to fight her with. With a smirk, she launched Ki blasts at them. Next, she turned and aimed at the row of barracks and fired several more waves of Ki blasts. As she was doing so, her keen hearing picked up a communication informing someone of her escape. She looked around at the people on the ground running around frantically trying to find shelter. `Let them run,' Bulma thought as she flew away, `she could always get them another day.'

(End of flashback)

Now Bulma was in an old rundown building that some how was standing against the wind without collapsing. She started to lie down. She might as well rest for a bit before leaving. She couldn't go anywhere for a while and it would cultivate her strength much faster. Bulma closed her eyes after a quick scan of any power levels in the area, there were none. A quick nap couldn't hurt to wait while the wind dies down a bit.

It wasn't as if she couldn't try to fly off for a better resting place, but because of the wind, she wouldn't be able to see where she was headed. It was possible that she would end up back at the military's shuttle platform. `Oh well,' Bulma thought, `I'm not at the shuttle platform so I don't have anything to worry about.'

~~~

When Bulma finally woke up the wind had ceased some of its fury. "Time to play," she said to herself. A sinister grin slowly crept on her face.

She didn't now what direction was what, but not wanting to travel backwards she flew out the front window frame and kept going. Bulma enjoyed flying close to the ground where she wouldn't be able to know ahead of time what was coming. The unknown is what drove Bulma. The unknown and fighting.

~End of Chapter One~

GK: So please review and tell me what do you think of the story now.

In addition, I want to thank my beta Debido

Debido - You are a great help in writing this!