Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Urban Legends ❯ Just Curious ( Chapter 8 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ, any Urban Legends (created or on the movie) blah blah blah...

Urban Legends
Chapter Eight
: Just Curious

The police officer walked up to Vegeta’s car, leaning down. “You realize you were going twenty over the speed limit?” the officer smirked at Vegeta, glancing idly over at the digital clock. The man looked around the area before focusing on Vegeta who had a scowl etched into his features.

Vegeta looked up, “So?” the scowl on his face usually unnerved most people, but it wasn’t having an affect.

“Just curious. Have a good evening.” the man smiled and nodded to Vegeta before leaning back from the vehicle, watching as Vegeta drove off. That’s all for tonight, my debt should be repaid now. The man walked back to the police car, preparing to destroy all evidence of the murder he’d committed earlier that night.

“Freak.” Vegeta muttered to himself, wondering what the point was of that whole exchange. “Some people were just not meant to be left alive.” he shook his head, pulling into his usual parking spot before exiting and heading to his room. Vegeta looked up at the huge building before him and scowled once more, “I hate this place.” he muttered, silently counting the days until he would graduate from college and take of his family’s company. Counting the days till he’d have a life of his own and everything he wanted would be his.

---

Bulma yawned, stretching out before sitting up and looking around the room she was currently in. “Its morning already?” she stretched more before wrapping the cover around her naked body and walking out of the room. Wandering through the house she finally stumbled across the indoor pool and a smile graced her features. “I’m so glad he has one of these.” she spoke out loud, opening the door and heading towards the huge pool. She loved Sumko’s home, it was decorated with furniture and various other items that fit his personality and made it feel like a home. His pool happened to be one of her favorite features and she made a point to visit this area of his house almost every time she was there. The grin on her features grew as she chuckled lightly to herself looking around the room with an appreciative look.

Sumko had an Olympic sized pool added to the house his parents had gotten for him, making the pool an indoor one so that he could get use out of it all year long instead of having to wait for winter to end. The floor surrounding the pool was a beautiful black marble with white marble around the edge of the pool and making up the inside of the pool as well, the water perfectly level with the floor. Bulma’s bare feet made contact with the cool marble as she let the cover fall to the floor in a pool about her feet. A sigh escaped her lips as she looked to the high ceiling, seeing the huge windows above letting in the morning light causing it to light up the huge room.

A hot tub was located in the far right corner of the area along with several towel racks for whoever was using the room. She walked across the huge room, grabbed a towel and tossed it by the side of the pool for easy access. With a quick grin she dove into the water feeling it wash over her body, she allowed herself to stay at the bottom of the pool enjoying the sensation of having the cool water surrounding her body before pushing towards the surface.

Glancing around with mischievous eyes, Bulma began her laps, her small body gliding through the water with ease. This was what she needed, solitude, peace, a chance to let all her worries and thoughts rest as she finally could relax. A feeling of calmness took over her mind as she pushed herself to do more laps, not feeling any strain for her body could always handle more. This had been her escape when she’d been living at home-with her abusive brother. They had a pool of their own and heading down to that area of the house had helped her through those years.

A shudder ran down the length of her body as she abruptly came to a stop, rolling over to float on her back and let her mind drift. Unfortunately it drifted towards less happy and relaxing times, to times where she’d run from her older brother and try to hide from his anger. Tears began to spill down her cheeks silently, unnoticed by Bulma as she recalled hiding in her parents’ closet, holding her breath so that Taiyuko wouldn’t hear her. She recalled the pure fear that had laced its way through her small body when he’d flung the closet door open and reached in, hauling her out by the front of her shirt. Of the feeling of complete helplessness when he’d hit her, laughing when she’d cried and begged him to stop.

Bulma jerked herself out of her thoughts, breathing deeply before realizing that she had started crying. Quickly she glanced around, panicked that Sumko might have seen her or heard her crying. Sighing in relief when she saw no one was around Bulma started to finish her laps, she had ten more.

Sumko sat down outside the door leading to the pool, shaking his head and trying to rid himself of the sound of Bulma’s crying. It had sounded like a child, a little child crying. He’d ran down the hallway when he’d heard it and had stopped cold when the only person he’d seen was Bulma, floating in the pool-her sobs echoing in the huge room.

He’d felt fear when he’d tried to see what had hurt her, but seeing only her floating there with her eyes closed and sobs escaping her lips-he’d backed out of the room so as not to disturb her or what he believed she’d feel, humiliate her.

Sumko waited until he heard Bulma getting out of the pool and headed back down the hall so she wouldn’t know he’d heard her-so she wouldn’t know he’d seen her.

Bulma poked her head out the door, looking around and upon not seeing Sumko she stepped completely out into the hallway. A sigh escaped her lips, part of her wanted for Sumko to have seen her crying and part of her didn’t want him to know.

“Someday, someday I’ll tell him everything.” she murmured to herself, heading back to Sumko’s bedroom so she could hop into the shower and have him take her back to her rooms. “Shit, I still have to speak with Goku about that damn party.”

Upon entering Sumko’s bedroom Bulma grabbed her cell phone, dialing Goku’s number and waiting for him to answer. “Hey, Goku.” Bulma smiled when she heard the man on the other end. “Yeah, I was just calling to ask you where that party was and what time. You know the usual.” she sat down the on bed, falling backwards as she listened to Goku happily supply her with the information she’d requested. “Thanks so much, Goku. Yeah, that would be a great way for everyone to get their minds off of every thing going on lately.” her eyebrows rose when she heard his next comment, “No; I haven’t been watching the news lately. What do you mean? There have been how many killed lately? Oh my God, that’s horrible. And just last night another one, while I was at the movies?” Bulma sat back up, her eyes looking around the room. “That’s insane, I can’t believe that. Yeah, I knew Alice; she did my nails several times over the past three years.” Bulma stood back up, walking over to the closet and looking around for something to wear. “I can’t believe that. All that has happened? Wow, what did they do, have some special on it?” Bulma grabbed a shirt and a pair of pants, “They really had a special? Wow. Well I got to go; I need to take a shower. Yeah, I’m just standing here in a towel.” she grinned, “Funny, Goku, real funny. I’ll talk to you later. Yeah, bye big guy.” she laughed, hanging up the phone and throwing it back on the bed.

“I’ll have Sumko take me back to campus, maybe I can do something with Chichi.” she shut the bathroom door behind her, forgetting about all the horrible things Goku had just told her.

---

“So you’re going to that party tomorrow?” Chichi asked, watching as Goku tossed his cell phone back on the bed. She pulled her long black hair up into a messy bun before sitting back down, watching as Goku pulled his shirt on. Bulma had interrupted him when she’d called.

“Yeah, don’t worry Chichi. Both Bulma and Vegeta are going to be there, I’ll be fine.”

Sure you will, you’re the horniest drunk I’ve ever seen! Chichi thought, rolling her eyes as Goku gave a carefree laugh at her expression. “Well that’s good, wouldn’t want you to do something stupid, would we?” she watched as he grinned at her, happiness alight in his black eyes.

“Yeah, I wouldn’t want that. Bulma will keep me in line, don’t worry Chi.” Goku leaned over and kissed her on the lips before pulling away. “It’s not till Saturday Chichi, don’t worry so much.” he grinned before heading towards her door. “Relax today, go shopping with Bulma and enjoy the day. I’m sure she is coming over here anyway.”

It was two hours later before Bulma finally came into the sitting room, seeing Chichi sitting there watching CSI and eating popcorn. “So you can’t go to the movies with everyone, but you can sit in here and make up for it?” Bulma quirked an eyebrow at her friend who glanced over at her with a small grin.

“Hey, I’m the one who missed out on theatre popcorn, don’t talk to me like that missy!” Chichi laughed, throwing some popcorn at her friend.

“Hey, you’re getting that all over the floor! I just cleaned this room up a few days ago!” Bulma walked over and sat down next to Chichi, reaching over and snatching some popcorn out of her friend’s bowl.

“I saw that.” Chichi muttered, playfully narrowing her eyes at Bulma.

“Saw what?” Bulma looked around, before quickly eating the stolen popcorn and trying to plaster an innocent look on her face. “What?” she asked, laughing when Chichi simply shook her head and resumed watching the TV.

“I swear, you’re awful.”

“I know, but everyone still loves me!” Bulma leaned back as she too became engrossed with the CSI episode. “You know, I can’t help but wonder if they always get the bad guy like they seem to in these shows.”

“They do for the most part, it’s rare that someone can outsmart them and get away with murder, much less multiple murders.” Chichi nodded as she thought about Bulma’s question and her answer for it. “The more crimes committed the greater the chance that the person will be caught since there are more chances for slip-ups.”

“Oh, but what if the killer is too smart for them and thinks through every move to make sure they don’t slip up?” Bulma watched as Chichi turned to focus all her attention on her.

“You’re in luck; I’ve done some research on this kind of thing. There is always, for the most part, a small, simple mistake that always seems to be made and overlooked by the killer. That is why so many have been caught.”

“It just seems like these CSI shows make it seem as if the good guys always catch the bad guys, but in reality you see this stuff on the news and they have no idea who committed the crime.” Bulma took some more popcorn.

“Oh, you mean these killings going on lately. Well they haven’t had enough time to solve the murders because they keep happening so rapidly and without much pause between each new murder. If there was a long enough break I’m sure they’d be able to come up with more evidence to link all these murders to the murderer.” Chichi smiled, “Don’t worry, they’ll find out who killed Juu. I just know they’ll find out.”

Bulma sighed, “I doubt it.” she muttered, being pessimistic as always. “Hey, Chichi, I’m going to go. I’ve got a lot on my mind now and I need to go sort it all out. Thanks for the talk.” Bulma forced herself to give Chichi what she considered a smile before heading towards the door.

“She always seems to have the weight of the world resting on her shoulders.” Chichi murmured to herself before leaning back, giving the door one last look before returning to the CSI marathon she was watching.



Night had fallen quickly and the first killer was waiting for their victim to come back to their car. A grin took over the killer’s features as they looked down at the knife resting in their gloved hand, already knowing how to accomplish this urban legend to their satisfaction. “Come on, get your ass out here so I can leave.” they muttered before pausing to watch their victim head towards their vehicle. “Yes!”

They’d picked this car for a few reasons, first it was in a dark parking lot where there wasn’t anyone and second there was enough space to complete their legend. The man came to a stop at his trunk, placing his bags in and closing it. Quickly the killer struck, slashing the man’s Achilles tendons and crawling out from under the vehicle. The killer bent down, grabbing the car keys from the ground as they watched the man trying to get up to his feet. Quickly the killer kicked the man in the kidneys to prevent him from escaping or attacking.

The killer walked to the driver’s side and climbed in, turning the vehicle on and throwing it into reverse to run over the wounded man. To be careful, the killer put the car in drive and drove back over the man’s body before parking the vehicle. Stepping out, the killer casually walked to the bloody body lying in the parking lot and bent down to search for a pulse, but was stopped by a bloody hand grabbing their wrist.

The killer’s eyes widened in shock as the man who they thought was dead squeezed their wrist, reacting quickly the killer took out their knife and slashed it across the man’s throat before stabbing him several times in the chest.

“You asshole!” the killer hissed, pulling the bloody knife from the man’s still body and checked for a pulse, this time there wasn’t one.

Growling the killer headed towards their vehicle, sitting down on the towels they’d put down to prevent any blood from getting on their vehicle. Carefully they removed their gloves, throwing them into the bag they’d brought along. “Now I’m pissed.” the figure muttered, angrily pulling out of the parking lot and heading towards the highway. They shut off their headlights and began their drive, just waiting for the first idiot to come along and flash their lights.

It was twenty minutes before another vehicle flashed their lights, grinning wickedly the killer ripped the wheel and began chasing the other car. They began flashing their brights rapidly, watching as the other car tried to speed up to get away. “Come on, make a mistake, make a mistake.” the killer chanted, watching as the other car lost control and slammed into a guardrail, flipping them over the edge of a cliff.

Adrenaline pumped in the killer’s veins as they pulled over and raced to the edge of the cliff to look at the wreckage below. They leaned over, staring down at the huge fire and the black smoke pouring from the burning vehicle.

“Wow, who knew that two completely different wrecks could be so similar.” a grin took over the killer’s features as they walked back to their own vehicle, a small skip in their step and the anger from the earlier murder having completely vanished. “Now if I don’t get major press coverage for that, I don’t know what I’ll do.”

---

The phone rang for the third time that morning as Bulma scowled, reaching over and picking it up. “Hello? Hey Mom, yeah I know that all that is happening up here.” Bulma rolled her eyes as she sat back down on her bed, releasing a sigh. “Mom, that happened Sunday night, its Friday now! Yeah, nothing has happened up here since that. I don’t even know those people so you don’t have to worry about me.” Bulma growled before the sound of knocking caught her attention. “Look Mom, I’ve got to go. Someone is here to see me. Yeah, I love you to. Bye Mom.” Bulma threw her phone before racing to the door.

She swung it open to reveal Vegeta, his arms crossed over his chest and a scowl etched into his features. “I need to speak with you.” he pushed past Bulma as he stormed into her room and dropped down into the nearest seat available.

“I’m cleaning in here asshole!” Bulma scowled angrily and slammed her door before following him into the room. “What do you want?”

“You’re cleaning, in here?” at Bulma’s nod he stood up abruptly and walked toward her bedroom. Bulma’s eyes widening as she followed him.

“Where do you think you’re going?” she caught up with him in time to see him drop down onto her bed, moving back to lean against her wall. Vegeta crossed his legs and arms as he stared at Bulma who stood in the doorway.

“Somewhere you aren’t cleaning so you won’t bitch at me.” he smirked when he saw anger redden her cheeks as her eyes narrowed angrily.

“You son of a bitch-” Bulma was cut off when her phone rang, again. “DAMNIT!” she screamed, her hands reaching up to tug at her hair in frustration, but stopping herself before she actually reached her hair. Taking a deep breath she reached over and picked the phone up, her personality completely changing.

“Hello! How are you?” a bright smile took over her features causing Vegeta to blink, trying to see if he’d actually just seen Bulma’s personality change that quickly and without warning. For a moment his features completely relaxed as he stared at Bulma in shock, watching as she chatted away with whoever was on the other end, talking about how going to the party was great and would help keep her sanity.

Finally she hung up and just as she was about to turn to acknowledge Vegeta the phone rang again, he saw agitation take over her features before she put on a happy face once more. Vegeta couldn’t help, but roll his eyes as he leaned back prepared to hear Bulma repeat her whole conversation once more to a completely different person. All he wanted was to find out the exact place that party was at today, he knew it was tonight and he knew the time, he just needed to know the exact place. Bulma, Goku and he were the party people in their group, the others would go, but wouldn’t quite enjoy themselves as they would. It actually surprised him that Goku had just a liking for alcohol, but he shouldn’t have been so surprised since he knew the other man for several years.


End of Chapter

Thanks to all my reviewers for their wonderful reviews! Sorry about the long wait on this chapter and the last, but I’ve been dealing with some personal things lately (a passing in my family) and have been unable to get to the computer to update. However the next update should be a week in a half or at the latest two weeks so look for that chapter. Hope you enjoyed this one, let me know!

REVIEW