Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Wedding ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]
Pan woke up to the sweet sound of the birds chirping. She got up and1 out of bed. She looked out the window across her family’s vast farm. She took a deep breath and inhaled the sweet air. "Oh what a beautiful morning," she smiled. She turned to look at her calico cat Patches and smiled. "What do you think Kitty? It's such a beautiful morning isn't it?"

"Meow." The cat replied as she turned onto her back hoping for a tummy rub. Pan noticed and rubbed her tummy.

"Oh, you can be so demanding." She said in a child like tone. Everything was perfect. Perfect in everyway, that was until she spied the date on the calendar. July 3rd- The wedding of Trunks and Marron. Her once perfect day was no longer perfect. She sighed as she flopped back on the bed. Patches seeing her in despair, jumped on the bed with her, and tried to make her feel better. Pan chuckled. "Oh Patches. I can't believe this is happening. I love him, but today he's getting married… married to Marron Chestnut, a beautiful model."

Pan stepped into the shower thinking of how she should have told him. She could have told him how she felt, but she decided to hide her feelings.

Trunks Briefs, the heir to the most powerful company in the world, the man that had dated many women, and broke many hearts was getting married. No one would have thought he would ever settle down. Most just thought he would play the role as playboy for the rest of his life, but when the newspapers all around the world announced the upcoming nuptials of Trunks Briefs, you could imagine the sound of millions of hearts broken, but only one girl's heart truly broke. The heart of Pan Son for she had loved Trunks wholeheartedly for as long as she could remember.

Pan laid on her bed scratching the ears of her cat, while looking up at the ceiling. Today the love of my life, the only Man I will ever love is getting married to Marron Chestnut. It is my duty as one of her maids of honor to attend. Marron had chosen both Pan and Trunks' younger sister, Bra Briefs, as her maids of honor. "And if I don't show up, I will therefore be known as the friend that deserted her two best friends on their wedding day. People will see me as selfish and self centered. Pan closed her eyes hoping she would miraculously wake up from the impending nightmare she was having.

She took a deep breath, "Alright Son. You can do this. You are strong. You can do this. All you have to do is stand and watch the love of your life marry another woman. Oh who am I kidding? I can't do this. I can't!" She got back into her bed and hid under the covers. "I'll pretend I'm sick. That's what I'll do. No one can force someone who is sick to be in the wedding party." She told her cat. The thought of Trunks getting married did make her feel nauseated. She wanted to curl up into a ball and disappear. "Disappear, that's what I'll do. I'll disappear." She got up and got a suitcase out of her closet. She filled the case up with all of her belongings. "That should be about it.” She put her cat into her carrier, "Alright Patches. Let’s go and explore the world. Just you and me, then I can be known as the girl who traveled the world with her cat. Yeah. That'll make front page news." She was about to set foot out of her window, when she heard a knock on the door and the turning of the knob. She stopped.

"Panny," she heard a male voice. "Panny? Where are you going?" He asked. Pan turned around and saw her father, Gohan Son standing there.

"Dad," she said surprised. "What's going on?!" She laughed.

"Well first of all, you can tell me why you have your suitcase all packed. Then second why were you about to leave out of the window?” Gohan asked.

"I wasn't leaving. I was... uhm, going out for some fresh air. Yeah that's it." Pan said hoping he would buy it.

"Do you always, pack your suitcase, put your cat in her carrier and leave out the window, every time you step out for some fresh air? Pan, I wasn't born yesterday."

Pan ran into her father’s arms and started sobbing, "Oh Daddy, please don't make me go. I couldn't stand to watch him get married, I love him."

Gohan put his finger under her chin and lifted her head up, "Pan, Trunks is counting on you to be there. Now you wouldn't want him to think you were abandoning him on his wedding day, now do you?"

"No, I guess not." She said knowing she was defeated.

"That's my girl" He said kissing her on her forehead. "Now I know there's something I need to do." He pulled out a blindfold.

Pan looked at him confused. "A blindfold? I don't understand, why do you want to me to wear a blindfold?"

"Because, Uh.. the.. uh.. uhm. The dress is so hideous that if you see it, you won't want to put it on that's it." Gohan tried to come up with a believable explanation.

"Alright," Pan said skeptical, she played along and put on the blindfold. Seeing if she could see, Gohan waved his hands in front of her, he got no reaction. "I still don't know why I'm wearing this thing."

Meanwhile her mother Videl had entered the room, switching her bridesmaid’s dress with another dress, "Pan?"

"Mom? What's going on?" Pan asked. She wondered what her parents were up to.

"I don't know Pan, I just came up to help you get ready for the wedding." Videl said, "Now go and put on your dress." Videl unzipped the garment bag that was holding a simple white dress with embroidered white flowers down the sides.

"A little help mom. I can't see." Pan laughed.

"Of course dear," Videl said as she helped her daughter into her dress. She fastened up the back. "Oh you look so beautiful!" Videl said as she cried.

"Now what Mom?" Pan asked, “I got this dress on, what comes next?” Videl gestured in a makeup artist and hairdresser.

"Now you get your hair and make-up done." She called them in. The hairdresser covered up her dress with a smock. The makeup artist, uncovered her face from the blindfold.

"I don't need my hair and make-up done." Pan said.

"Now now, Pan dear, let Francois and Pierre make you pretty. Oui" The two men said as they worked their magic. An hour later, Pan looked into the mirror. She didn't recognize the girl. The girl in the mirror had her hair up high on her head with ringlets of hair of framing her face and neck and her face was made-up with make-up, something she would have never done.

"Who is that?" She wondered.

"It's you dear. Now put this back on," Videl said as she tied the blindfold back around her daughter’s eyes. "You ready?"

"Ready as I'm ever gonna get," replied Pan. Videl led Pan downstairs.

"Gohan, she's ready." Videl called. Gohan came out of the kitchen. He clad in his best suit and tie. When he saw both his wife and daughter, his mouth dropped open.

"Wow! You two look so beautiful." Gohan stated. Videl had put on a blue silk dress. The dress had a straight skirt and the neck was like that of Marilyn Monroe’s dress in the seventh year itch. The famous dress she wore over the wind tunnel, the one where the skirt flares up.

"We're gonna be late." Videl said as she blushed.

Gohan kissed her, "You do look beautiful, Vid."

"Thank you" She said as the three of them walked out the door and into the car.

Gohan drove to a place called Laurel Falls, a waterfall where the ceremony was taking place. It was a private ceremony just for family and close friends; meaning the Briefs, the Sons, the Chestnuts, and the other Z fighters. Once they arrived at Laurel Falls, Gohan led Pan to the top of the alter.

Pan had no idea what was going on. "Daddy, what's going on? Why are you walking with me?"

"Shh… It's alright," He said as he continued to walk with her. They finally arrived at the destination he intended. He let go of her and sat down.

The next thing Pan knows, there was someone untying her blindfold. The blindfold drops to the floor and she there she stands face to face with Trunks and a priest.

Pan laughed. "What's going on?" She smiled, “Is this some type of joke?" She smiled, wondering what sick joke they were playing on her.

Trunks smiled. "This is no sick joke, Pan. This is our wedding." Trunks’ face seemed so sincere, but Pan didn't buy it.

"Oh no. You're getting married to Marron, remember?" Pan stated. Trunks took his bride’s hand.

"Pan, I know this comes as a shock, but the truth is, the whole Marron thing, was to throw you off, from what I was really planning." He said.

Pan looked around. Everyone had huge smiles on their faces. She then noticed Marron standing next to her. "Marron?"

"Pan, I never was engaged to him; although, it was fun pretending I was," She hugs her friend. "Pan, Trunks loves you with ever fiber of his being. He has been planning this out for awhile now."

Pan looked around. "Laurel Falls. How did you know I wanted to get married here?"

Trunks smiled, "I have my ways of finding out."

Pan's eyes started tearing up. "Don't cry my love. You'll smudge your make up." Trunks said as he took his thumb and wiped her tears away. "Today is our wedding. A happy day. There's no crying."

Pan tried to smile. "Trunks, you don't know how much this means to me. I have always dreamed of marrying here and marrying you." Pan took his hands, "You don't know how many nights I wished that you would do something-"She stopped and looked around at her surprise wedding. "Something like this," She said referring to the wedding. "I fell in love with you when I was six and my love for you had grown stronger throughout the years. When I heard you were marrying Marron, my heart shattered into a million pieces. I felt as if my whole world had ended, there was no more hope." She took a deep breath, "You always do know how to surprise me. I would have figured you would keep me out of the loop and pull something like this. Trunks, what I'm trying to say is ‘Yes, I will marry you’ because I love you and I always will love you."

Trunks looked into his bride's eyes. "Pan, you don't know what dreams you are helping make come true. Today, I am the luckiest man on this planet, not because I have all the money or the power, but because I have you and your love. I stand here and I see you. I can't believe that I deserve to marry you. I can't believe this is happening. I wouldn't be the man I am right now, if it wasn't for you. I thought I was brave, but I found out it takes more courage to open up to another person. I thought I was strong, but you showed me that it takes strength to let people see your feelings. I know how to love, but now I know it is much harder to let someone love me and that someone is you." Trunks finished.

Pan smiled, and said some more. "When I was a little girl, I dreamed of loving a man who was brave, strong and true. Of a romantic wedding at laurel falls, surrounded by people I love the most. I never told that secret dream to anyone, but somehow you found out. You gave me that dream. You made it come true. There's just one thing that is different: It's far more wonderful than I could have imagined." She took a deep breath. "I dreamed of being in love. I never dreamed of sharing my soul. I dreamed of sharing my thoughts, but I never dreamed that someone could here me without words. In my darkest trouble, in my coldest silence, I looked for you and you were there. I'm yours forever. I love you." Pan finished.

The Priest smiled happily, "I can talk now?" Trunks nodded. "There are some formalities we must do. Trunks, do you take Pan for your wife?"

Trunks looked at his bride, "I do." He said happily. The priest smiled.

"Very well," the priest said as he turned to Pan, "Pan, do you take Trunks to be your husband?"

Pan smiled and said "I do."

"The rings?" The priest asked. Pan's uncle and Trunks' best man, Goten, handed over the rings. "Trunks, take Pan's left hand with your right and say ‘With this ring I thee wed’."

Trunks took her hand sliding the ring onto her finger. "With this ring, I thee wed."

The priest turned to Pan, "Pan, please take Trunks’ left hand with your right." Pan did just that, "And say ‘with this ring I thee wed’."

"With this ring I thee wed."

The priest smiled and happily announced them married. "By the Power vested in me by God and this earth, I now pronounce you Husband and Wife." He turned towards Trunks, "You May kiss your bride." Trunks smiled as he took Pan's head into his hand. He brought her lips to his and happily pressed his lips onto hers kissing her sweetly, yet passionately at the same time. Tears fell from Pan's eyes. ~~I can't believe my dream had finally come true~~ She thought as she succumbed to his kiss. After a few minutes, they parted and looked into each other’s eyes. Today was the first day of the rest of their lives.


THE END.

a/n: Stay tuned for the sequel coming soon.