Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ What Binds Thee? ❯ It's not a facade for me. ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Warnings: Self-harm, yaoi, etc.
Rated: R
Chapter: 2
Pairing: Goten/Trunks (Currently)
Note: Don't jump to conclusions! :P
A/N: For previous chapters, check MediaMiner.org (Jady), the LJ comm dbzfics, or my personal LJ (arewar). For my other works, check MediaMiner.org or GoddessJady.com. Enjoy!


Son Gokou had become the bane of Trunks’ existence.

It all started after Buu’s demise. With the return of his rival, Vejita’s passion for power had been renewed.

Trunks pondered why his father’s hatred of Gokou had faded. Was it his baby sister’s birth? Had watching Bura grow into a beautiful young girl softened his heart? Did Bulma’s love wear down those walls of steel? Had Vejita’s passion for life died with Gokou?

Whatever the reason, it had ended. The spark of bloodlust had returned to Vejita’s eyes. The two Saiyajin no longer fought to conquer one another. Everyone found this odd, but they were thankful for small favors. Nevertheless, the battles between Gokou and Vejita were fierce and merciless. For days, sometimes even weeks these fights would escalate.

Humanity had almost become used to the freak earthquakes and thunderstorms. Weathermen stopped forecasting some time ago.

There were many problems that Trunks now faced. The battles themselves were challenging to avoid. His inner warrior cried to participate, his loins begged for the violence and power struggle, and his heart ached to prove himself, to dominate, to take his rightful place as Prince.

Trunks had amazing self-control, and for a number of years the world was peaceful. However, as those years passed, so did his hope and passion for life. Goten and Trunks’ relationship – in the eyes of the world – blossomed, although inside it was rocky.

The few days where Bulma wasn’t locked in the laboratory, she talked about wedding plans for the two demi-Saiyajin. Vejita never once protested the idea. Eventually, science outweighed weddings in Bulma’s life, and Bura took over the job. The wedding wouldn’t happen for years, but according to the Briefs women, that was just enough time.

Goten’s dedication to their relationship was astounding. Each night was passionate and romantic, filled with candles and food. They cuddled, sparred, and talked endlessly about their problems. Goten was the perfect spouse, yet the connection between them was weak.

“Why do you do this to yourself?” Trunks asked one afternoon as he entered their large home on the edge of Capsule Corp’s grounds. Bulma had it built for them, complete with sparring quarters and everything else a teenage alien could desire.

Goten glanced away from his studies. After becoming officially mated to Trunks – minus the legal human means – he had been ordered by Bulma to attend college, and after he graduated, he would help Trunks run Capsule Corps.

Capsule Corporations. That was the biggest news in years all across the human world. The largest monopoly on Earth had a new leader: Trunks Briefs.

Bulma’s scientific research in alien races had consumed her. The company could easily run without her rule, but there needed to be an image, and Trunks’ “pretty boy looks” were perfect.

“Do what?” Goten responded to the question. He tossed the books aside – always thrilled for an excuse not to study – and smiled up at Trunks.

“Continue this façade?”

The smile faded. Goten looked away, outside into the night. The balcony doors were opened, allowing the cool spring breeze to flow in. “It’s… not a façade for me.”

This was the night their relationship ended. There was no love, or passion, or honesty between them. The entire romance had been built upon hope that Trunks could move on with his life.

Trunks knew he would never have his secret lover, but living a lie wasn’t fair to either of them.

This was also the night that Goten fell into a dark depression.

A few months later, Trunks awoke in the early morning, before the sun had risen. His senses were on edge, and his mind in turmoil for unknown reasons. His only thought was Goten, and that something was wrong.

In mere seconds, Trunks was in his friend’s bedroom. Despite their troubles, they were still together. Goten didn’t want to move out, and Trunks saw no reason to force him. They worked well together, and the Briefs had more to offer Goten than anything he could get on his own. Chichi couldn’t afford to put another son through college.

Goten’s bed was empty. His room was neat and clean. There were no clothes on the floor, no stains on the tables, no dirty dishes, no spider webs… but Goten hated to clean.

“Hey, man?” Trunks called out, stepping into the bathroom. His bare feet stepped into something warm and moist. With a flip of the light switch, Trunks realized just how fragile Goten was.

Goten lived, of course. Nothing as simple as blood loss could destroy a Saiyajin warrior. The bathroom was cleaned, and no one ever knew. The scars on Goten’s wrists healed easily enough.

That awful night, Trunks had a realization when he held his friend’s unconscious body in his arms. He did love Goten, and the thought of being without his best friend, of hurting Goten, of chasing after a dream and losing the one person who ever truly cared for him cut through Trunks’ heart.

This was the night things changed, again.

There relationship was never the same as before. The passion and love did not return, but they stood strong together, and that was enough for Goten.

Life continued on. Goten and Trunks grew to be brothers, and the Saiyajin bond between them grew to such a strong level that they could sense each other’s thoughts, moods, and needs. However, they were not related by blood, so although the bond was miraculous to them, it was strictly limited.

This mysterious bond was a constant reminder of their limited relationship, and of Trunks’ lust for this secret person. Jealousy constantly tainted Goten’s happiness, but he fought to remember that whoever this person was, they were not competition.

Trunks found comfort in his work at Capsule Corporations, and did what he could to make Goten happy and keep their unique relationship free of heartache.

All this time, Gokou and Vejita grew closer. Eventually, Gohan officially became their student in the arts of fighting, once again. Gokou was certain that Gohan’s powers could one say even surpass theirs. Vejita was skeptical, of course.

Trunks was enraged at this news.

On the outside, it seemed that the feud between Gokou and Vejita had worsened. The battles were more violent, more passionate, and more destructive. However, it was soon discovered that the two Saiyajin had mated. Their scent, their affection, their competitive natures had all inflamed.

The moment Trunks caught this change – the scent of bond mates – his world crumbled.

Vejita had claimed Son Gokou.


TBC.