Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ What's A Girlfriend? ❯ What's A Girlfriend? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The sun's rays reflected down through the trees of the forest at the base of Mount Paozu. Battle cries of the two sparring chibis echoed across the land, scaring off the wildlife in the area.

Trunks charged at Goten, his foot connecting with the other boy's side.

Goten let out a yelp of surprise and pain as he came crashing to the ground. The demi sat up and dropped out of Super Saiyan status, panting heavily.

Trunks smirked at his victory, and returned to normal state as well. He ran over to where his best friend was sitting, and flopped down on the ground beside him.

"Heh, I beat you, Goten!" Trunks taunted, sticking out his tongue at his friend.

The Son boy crossed him arms over his chest and pouted. "I'll beat you next time, Trunks! I'll get Gohan to train me some more!"

"So, where is Gohan, anyway?"

Goten let out another little pout again before answering. "He's with his new girlfriend, Videl! All he does is spend time with her!"

After that was said, the forest turned silent... A very uneasy silence.

"Hey Trunks?"

"What is it, Goten?"

"What's a girlfriend?"

Trunks blinked in surprise, and turned to his friend. Goten could be so naive sometimes... "It's umm... Someone who you like, and go out on dates with, and stuff."

"Oh..."

Everything went quiet between the pair of demi-Saiyans again.

"Hey Trunks?"

"What now, Goten?"

"W-will you be my girlfriend?"

Trunks' eyes widened, and he felt his face heat up. He was certain that he was blushing. Did Goten even realize what he was saying? "You want me to be your girlfriend?"

Goten nodded, a wide smile spread across his face. "Yup! I like you, Trunks! And I love going out with you, and sparring and stuff! So, will you?"

Trunks sweatdropped, knowing that the boy had missed what he meant by liking someone, and going out with them.

The Briefs boy layed back on the grass and closed his eyes, debating how to answer his friend's question. He had always had feelings for Goten, but he wasn't sure if they were unrequited or not. Now he had the chance he had been wanting, to finally go out with someone, and the person that he really cared about at that.

Besides, Bulma always said that he was too young to date girls, and Vegeta warned him not to get involved with any 'loud mouthed, Earth women.'

Well, Goten wasn't a girl, and he was only half human, so his parents shouldn't have a problem with it, right?

Trunks opened his eyes and blushed to see Goten's face only inches from his, looking down at him with great curiousity.

"So, will you, Trunks?" The boy asked yet again, beginning to blush himself.

Trunks nodded slowly, the red in his face deepening.

"Yay!" Goten exclaimed, laying down beside his best friend, and now, 'girlfriend'.

"Hey Trunks?" The Son boy said, after a moment of silence again.

"What is it this time?"

"Since you're a boy, wouldn't that make you my boyfriend, instead of girlfriend?"

Trunks turned to his partner, feeling slightly embarassed that he hadn't realized that himself. "Yeah... I guess I would be. Besides, it sounds better that way."

Both boys returned to being quiet, just enjoying eachothers company.

"This is great..." Trunks thought, only to have his thoughts get cut off by the feeling of Goten's fingers entwining in his.

Maybe he really did understand what a girlfriend was afterall...