Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ What You Are to Me ❯ Losing ( Chapter 10 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Bulma sat a booth across from ChiChi and stared down at her beer solemnly pulling at its label and ChiChi was becoming unsure how to comfort her friend.
"Supposedly he was blamed for the way his life turned out, others believed he was pushed to the point of insanity and drug use." Bulma thought aloud, trying to make sense of Ryan's sudden passing.
"I can't believe he's gone. It's so surreal." Bulma stared blankly down at her bottle once again and took a swig. ChiChi leaned against the booth and looked over at the pool tables. Vegeta wasn't too far away with his friends playing pool, and she observed him giving Bulma the silent treatment.
Vegeta acting like an ass was causing Bulma more hurt. She couldn't let go of the feelings she shared with him just two days ago in her living room at Capsule Corp. Now, he was acting like she never existed, yet he still was there.
"That's it. I've had enough of him acting like such a pompous ass!" Eighteen exclaimed and headed straight for Vegeta. Bulma lazily eyed the situation progressing and decided it was time for a smoke break and quickly retreated to the bar's back patio and lit her cigarette.
Bulma drunkenly leaned against the awning's support beam as she inhaled the nicotine and closed her eyes. The last images she had of Ryan fluttered through her mind. She also imagined Vegeta coming outside at that moment and wrapping his warm arms around her waist. When she opened them, she realized the cold reality; she was alone. A cold gust of wind hit her in the stomach and she shivered, deciding to quickly finish her cigarette and head inside.
Bulma found ChiChi and Eighteen sitting together in the booth once again. Bulma took her place next to Eighteen and Vegeta moved to the pool table across from them. "So, how did your confrontation go?" Bulma hesitantly asked Eighten. She rolled her eyes and began to tell her of Vegeta's behavior.
"Admit it. Admit that you have feelings for Bulma." Eighteen glared into Vegeta's eyes. His eyes widened and he looked down at the girl. "I do not have emotions or feelings or any of that shit for that woman. She knows that." Eighteen shook her head, "No, she doesn't. She really does like you, and don't hurt her." Vegeta quickly got defensive, "I do not have feelings!" He raised his voice at Eighteen and scoffed at her ever-present stupidity.
Eighteen frowned at Vegeta's obvious denial, "At least give me a celebrity shot." Eighteen gestured toward the pool table. Vegeta smirked at her and handed the pool stick over. Eighteen leaned over to make her shot she felt the Sayain's rough hand bare down hard on her ass. She shot up and glared at him. "How dare you do that! I am Bulma's best friend!" She threw the pool stick at him and stormed away to her own table.
Bulma's eyes began to water at this point. She couldn't believe him or how bad it hurt with his blatant denial.
"I give up." Bulma murmured and put her head against the table. ChiChi reached across to her friend and whispered to her, "Don't give up. He's in denial. Every time you left the room he watched you leave and whenever you entered he straightened up and followed where you went with his eyes. He's just pissed you aren't giving him the time of day." Bulma looked up at her friend with the hurt written all over her eyes. ChiChi frowned at her friend; the hurt she felt seething off of Bulma was almost too much to bear.
Vegeta, Nappa, and the other Sayains suddenly were passing by the girls' table. "Bye ladies." Vegeta glanced at the table; Bulma continued to look down trying to hold back the tears she's been suppressing all week.
Once she was sure he wasn't looking she ripped her eyes off the floor and looked watched him exit through the door. "That was cold, even for you, Vegeta." Raditz commented, motion back towards where Bulma sat inside. "Whatever." Vegeta coldly responded and continued on ahead.

ChiChi and Eighteen steadied Bulma as she stumbled through the front door of her house. Bulma fell into the kitchen, but caught herself on the dishwasher machine. The large Capsule Corp kitchen allowed Bulma to ping pong her way to a counter. The blue haired maniac hoisted herself on the counter and sat Indian style, and pulled out her phone and called Vegeta.
"Heeeeyyyyy Egeter." Bulma slurred into the phone.
She heard him sigh. "Go to bed, Bulma." He said in a paternal tone.
"Come to me, pwease?" She whined into the phone, she could tell she was irritating him, but did not care.
"No." He bluntly said.
"Pleaseeee. I just want to see you." She swirled around on the counter. She wasn't happy with how this night was going and was hell bent on teaching Vegeta a lesson.
"No, I am going to bed bitch!" He barked at her.
"Vegeta no- come here!" She whined again, knowing this was a mistake.
"I'm hanging up now." He sternly said into the phone.
"No, don't!" Bulma yelled into the phone to be silenced by the disconnect tone. Bulma dropped her phone on her lap and pinched the bridge of her nose.
This is bad. Very bad.
After waiting a couple minutes, Bulma decided to call him a couple more times. When the phone calls failed she decided to retire to her bedroom.
ChiChi and Eighteen were already in bed when Bulma shuffled in. "He doesn't want me." She slurred. Bulma curled up next to ChiChi and began to fume silently. ChiChi began scratching her friends back.
Bulma's heart sank.ÊIt's over.
Bulma frowned and rolled over; this week went from bad to worse. To top it, Friday was the funeral. It was early Thursday morning at this point. Bulma squeezed her eyes shut begging for sleep to come.

Bulma was struggling to stay in her communications class the next morning. She couldn't hold the tears back, the loss of Ryan was riding on her hard at this point, and she felt guilty, angry, and helpless. To make things better Vegeta decided to antagonize her.
"You are way too clingy." He blatantly stated. Bulma was infuriated. She was Bulma Briefs, she was anything but clingy; last night she was reeling from the loss of her friend and consumed too much alcohol. "Me? Clingy? Please. The only time I ever text you is when I am drunk. Yeah I might have been a little more needy this week because my friend died. So now you must know, you aren't everything I think about. Get out of my life. Stay away from me." She spat back.
"Fine, Bulma."
Bulma stormed out of class as tears rolled down her cheeks. She immediately called Vegeta and after two rings he answered.
Bulma did not even notice Eighteen approach her because she was in such hysterics, Eighteen wrapped her arm around Bulma's shoulders and held her while she sobbed.
"I'm losing everything. I've lost Ryan. I've lost Vegeta before I even had the chance to have him." She looked sadly up to her friend, Eighteen frowned, "Ignore Vegeta, he will come around. He's just got to prove he's the tough guy right now. Ryan is in a better place now, no more suffering." Eighteen squeezed her friend tightly before letting her go and standing up. "Let's get something to eat."
Bulma nodded and wiped her eyes. She followed her into the library's bagel shop and ordered a sandwich. She picked at her sandwich and the two ate in silence. Eighteen tried to distract Bulma with funny chatter, but it was hard to cheer up the easily humored girl today.

ChiChi rubbed Bulma's arm as she sobbed into her own hands. The funeral was in process and Bulma was having her heart ripped from her. The casket just rolled by her and paused near where she was standing. Bulma was having full body convulsions as the pain and loss finally bubbled through.ÊOh Kami, please let this pass. Let everything be ok. There is nothing right about this.ÊShe looked again as Ryan's casket rolled by once again. ChiChi grabbed her friend and held her close as the service began.
"This was not an act of Kami. A man holding a gun to his own head is not what Kami intended for a young soul to experience. Kami looked into the young man's eyes and said 'It got just a little too hard for you, didn't it?' and Ryan is now healed." The priest continued to commemorate Ryan's life and Bulma let the tears fall freely from her eyes.
The funeral lasted for an hour before everyone proceeded outside to join the procession.
"The funeral is over." She messaged Vegeta. Despite this week, he was the only one she wanted to hear from. He responded quickly. "It is a better place. No one deserves to be sad. Keep your head up, onna." She smirked at his response before putting her phone away.

Vegeta and the other Saiyans were isolated in a third world country during the time of the funeral. He would have attended the funeral with Bulma if it weren't for the full moon that evening.
The Saiyans were sent to this country to purge of all living life forms and then harvest for the fuel resources.
Vegeta was in the middle of digging into an antelope when his scouter buzzed with a message from Bulma. His heart seared in pain at the received memo, he knew all too well what it was like to lose someone close.
He did feel slight guilt from separating himself from the onna, but he was beginning to pick up on her thoughts and feelings. This was a major flag for the young prince, though he never been close to a female before, these recent events were indicative of an impending mate.
'It is only best for her I keep her away. This life is dangerous and if I want to save her I am going to have to keep my distance' Vegeta cast aside the last bone from the antelope before returning to his temporary shelter to get rest for tonight's change.
Despite the Saiyan's recent efforts at separating himself from Bulma, she found herself in his dreams when he drifted to sleep that evening.
A/N: Not the greatest chapter, more of a stepping stone for Vegeta and Bulma.