Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ What You Wouldn't Expect ❯ The Book O' Memories ( Chapter 14 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Fourteen: The Book O' Memories

 

Videl gladly excepted Gohan's embrace, and just cried on his shoulder. He held her for what seemed like an eternity, and she was abruptly stopped when she felt something curl around her wrist, and start tickling her. She couldn't help but giggle, and Gohan pulled back, blushing like mad as he disengaged his tail from her wrist. "Sorry...it's kinda possessive."

She cocked an eyebrow at him. "It has its own personality?"

He shrugged, pulling it onto his lap. "I guess. It's weird sometimes, if you get my drift." He paused, grinning as he played with his tail. "I think it likes you, Videl."

She gave him a naughty smile. "Really? Can I pet it?"

"Yeah, just so long as you stay from this point and down," he said, pointing from the middle and motioning downwards to the tip of his wiggling tail. She could tell he was trying to hide a blush, and she didn't know why.

"Why is that?" she asked, getting ready do to it anyhow. Gohan stopped her hand before it even came close to his tail, and forcing it to take hold of the top of it. He was so red by now that Videl wondered if he was going to pass out. She gave him another questioning look, and he sighed. "My dad and Vegeta both told me when I was younger not to...not to let girls touch the upper part of my tail. No one actually is supposed to, even guys. I don't know why, but just don't do it, ok? And just between you and me, don't yank it or squeeze it really hard, I will probably pass out. It's prone to easy pain."

She wondered why he sounded so nervous, but she nodded, trusting him if he didn't want her to do it, or yank on it. She wouldn't have done that in the first place.

She smiled after a few seconds, and brought the furry thing forward, placing it on her lap as she sat crossed-legged on the sofa in front of her boyfriend.

Gohan smiled himself when she started petting it experimentally, pushing the smooth brown fur one way, and then the other. He was going to start purring like mad if she didn't stop soon, but she didn't, and he didn't know if it was a good or bad thing.

Videl watched fascinated as Gohan's head fell backwards, resting against the back of the leather sofa as a light vibrating noise started to be heard. She leaned forward close to his chest, and almost had her ear pressing against it as she sought to discover where that noise was coming from.

Ah, damn it, she thought, just giving up and letting her ear press against his chest. Gohan was loving it so much that he barely even noticed, and his purr just increased even louder.

Videl smiled warmly. Gohan was purring, almost just like a cat. It felt good against her ear, she could have almost fallen asleep right there because of the soothing feel and sound of it. She closed her eyes, and continued to stroke Gohan's tail in slow back and forth motions. Then she thought, if I'm getting this reaction with just the lower part of his tail, I wonder what the upper part would be like?

She was just about move her hand up to the base of his tail when both Gohan and Videl heard her father coming back. He looked incredibly sleepy, and so sexy that she could have just-

"Videl, I found what I was looking for," Hercule said, not seeing his daughter and Gohan break apart a second before he entered the room. He growled at the scrawny boy, but then hmphed and stepped up to his daughter, at which he commanded her to hold open her hand. Videl licked her lips in a nervous gesture, swallowing as she held open her white hand.

Hercule placed a small book in her palm, and then walked away. "It was her diary. I never read it, she said not to. She only said to give it to you when you were ready." He frowned. "I take it you're ready."

Videl started gnawing on her lower lip, and then opened it. She turned it this way and that, trying to make sense of the writing in it. "Um, dad, I can't understand this uh, language." She turned it upside down, and something fell to the floor with a click. She picked it up, holding it in front of her face. It was a necklace, small, delicate gold chain, and a gorgeous emerald looking stone dangling from it. She handed it to Gohan, instructing him to put it on her. He took it from her, inspecting it a second before he brought his arms around her, placing the necklace around her graceful neck as he managed somehow to hook it together and let it settle down against her skin. She thanked him, kissing his right cheek lightly. He turned so red that even Hercule wondered if he was going to die.

Videl also handed Gohan the leather-bound book, seeing if he could perhaps decipher the language. "Do you understand this, Gohan?"

He scratched his head, scanning it. "Nope. It's not even an ancient language of our world. I know almost twenty different basic languages of the modern world, and five ancient ones. I don't see one possible match."

Well, if Gohan didn't know, she didn't know who would. The writing was dark, as if scrawled with a careful and deliberate hand. The symbols were odd, nothing she had ever seen before in her life. "Dad, do you know this language?"

Hercule shook his head. "Nope, I haven't even tried to figure it out either. I took a brief glance, but I had to honor your mother's words, Videl, you know I am that kind of man," he said proudly, puffing out his chest. Gohan looked temporarily sick, and Videl just ignored it.

Gohan was suddenly stuck with an idea. "I know someone that can figure it out! If she can't, then no one can!" he said, standing up with the book it his hand. Videl followed him, smiling. "Good." She turned to her dad, her expression turning blank. "Is there anything else, dad? Do you know anything about um, her powers?"

Hercule shrugged. "All I knew was that her kind of powers kicked in when something threatening happened. She always complained of these horrible stomach pains, and she would have to be held down in order for anyone to control her. That's all. Why?"

Videl sighed, getting ready to walk out the door. "Nothing, I was just wondering." She thanked him, walking out the door with a thoughtful look on her face. "Gohan, we have to get back to your father. This and me can wait."

Gohan nodded, thanking her. "I know how much this means to you, Videl, but thank you, for understanding the situation that we are in." He gave her a sheepish smile as he stepped out of the house, and into the bright sunlight. "I guess you kind of know now how and why you got your powers. Maybe this book will help you understand even more, huh?"

Videl nodded, holding out her hand for Gohan to take as they took to the skies, back to his father.