Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ What You Wouldn't Expect ❯ Amazon to Scared Woman ( Chapter 37 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 37: Amazon to Scared Woman
 
Bulma came in seven hours later, not in the least expecting to see Gohan standing there, staring blankly at the beautiful woman in the tank. She placed her hand on his shoulder, feeling him stiffen. She wasn't particularly worried that he would go after her now that Videl was back, and she was reassured as he smiled dimly at her.

"Hey, how's she doing?" she asked quietly, standing beside him, her previous footsteps still echoing through the dark room.

He blinked a few times before he answered, sighing. "This new regeneration tank is really good, Bulma. Videl might be out in only a little bit."

She smiled at him gently, wondering if she could coax him to get some sleep. She doubted it, but she tried anyhow. He just shook his head, saying that he was staying right there until she could get out. She patted his shoulder, checking her watch and gauging the girl's progress. Gohan was right, she was almost ready to be out. I am better than a genius. I am the queen of geniuses, she thought, wondering where she came up with all these brains and good ideas. It had been her inspiration to make a better regeneration tank, and look how good it worked. She grinned to herself, and then jumped a mile when she heard a low bleep go off from the tank. Her eyes widened, and she hurried and told Gohan to go get a blanket, for Videl was ready to come out. He was so surprised that he stayed there for a second, watching the tinted liquid drain from the tank. Bulma shoved at him, and he hurried out of the room, coming back just in time for Bulma to rip the blanket out of his hands and then told him to stay out of the room until she said he could come back in. He frowned, but obeyed, staying outside of the room and leaning against the cold metal wall. He heard a quiet murmur from Bulma, and then a loud screech from someone else, presumably Videl. He almost smiled, but then he heard her start crying his name like she was dying, and he ran in without a second thought. Bulma got the blanket wrapped around her right before Gohan came in, and she sent him a death glare as Videl slumped into his arms, holding onto him tightly. He hugged her back, burying his face in her hair and breathing in deep. Ah, I missed this scent so much....

Videl looked up, an unreadable expression on her face as she stared up at him. He smiled at her, tucking a stray strand of black glossy hair behind her small ear. She gave him a faint smile back, not willing to look away from his dark eyes. She had thought she would never see him again...never get to see the look in his eyes that he was giving her now. "Gohan...you came for me," she whispered, blinking back tears.

His smile grew. "You can talk."

She nodded, her fingers clutching at his naked chest. He still hadn't put on anything new, he was still wearing his torn battle suit with the missing upper part. She let her cheek rest against his warm skin, wanting to absorb his heat into herself. She still felt so cold...like she couldn't get warm enough.

Bulma watched the two, amazed at how Gohan was acting. She had thought that the boy would be all over her, and yet here he was, treating he with the utmost respect and care. She grinned wickedly, saying, "Gohan, bring her to her room so she can get some rest, and I'll bring her some clothes and a hairbrush."

Videl almost panicked. "No, please...let me stay with Gohan. I don't...I don't want to be alone." She looked down, embarrassed at her show of weakness. Normally she would be pissed or something, but she just felt so scared right now...all she wanted was the reassurance that Gohan was right next to her, where she knew she would be safe.

Both Bulma and Gohan were shocked, and Bulma wondered if it was a good idea with how Gohan had been acting before Videl had returned. She scratched her head, trying to think. "Alright...but I need to talk to Gohan in private after he gets you tucked in, and I get you some clothes. Oh yeah, and a hairbrush."

Videl smiled weakly as Gohan tightened the soft white blanket around her as a protective gesture, and then lifted her carefully into his arms, leaving the stark room. Bulma followed him until she came to her own room, going inside and getting what she needed.

Gohan stepped down the hallway silently, neither of them talking as his door opened at the push of a button, and he walked in. Videl looked around, just seeing a normal clean room one would expect at a hotel or something. Queen size bed, dressers, bedside stands, high-tech looking lamps, a TV embedded into the wall, and a door that probably led into a bathroom. She held her blanket around her securely as he lowered her onto the left side of the bed, closest to the bathroom. She smiled. This was her favorite side, it was as if he had known.

Bulma knocked, and then stepped in, seeing Gohan straighten from setting Videl down on the soft bed. She smiled, telling Gohan to wait outside. He rolled his eyes for the millionth time that day, and left.

Bulma helped a shy Videl get dressed, knowing that the girl was still tired and slightly weak, possibly sore. She only put her in a simple large T-shirt that looked like it belonged to Vegeta or Gohan, but she didn't say anything, just let the older woman hand her a hairbrush. Videl thanked her politely, giving the older beautiful woman a small smile. Bulma just nodded, saying that she was welcome as she left the large spacious room.

Gohan stood up straight from leaning against the wall outside of his room, wondering what Bulma wanted to talk to him about. He didn't have long to wait.

"Gohan, I don't know how you're feeling right now towards Videl, but you better not even touch her tonight, nor tomorrow for that matter. And don't try to force her, or I swear to Dende that I will—"

Gohan placed his hand on her shoulder, nearly covering the whole thing. He smiled at her, shaking his head. "Bulma, I wouldn't ever do that to her. You should know that. And anyhow," he said, shrugging, "I'm not feeling as horny as I was earlier now that she's back. Maybe it was something to do with...."

He trailed off as she started laughing, and then she walked away, saying over her shoulder," Alright, Gohan. Just be nice to her. She's still scared. And keep her warm."

He shook his head, going back into the cool room, and seeing Videl trying to figure out how to turn on the lamp. He gave a small laugh, pushing a small white button on the bedside stand. She gave him a wary smile, watching as he walked over to his dresser, going through it and pulling some clothes out. He told her he would be right back, and he went into the bathroom, closing the door behind him. He came out a moment later, dressed in black pajama pants that made her unable to do anything but giggle. He cocked an eyebrow at her, making her laugh even harder. "Oh, I missed seeing you do weird stuff like that," she sighed, watching as he plopped onto the bed next to her, and then everything went oddly silent. The silence was almost scary, and she didn't like the way it was stretching out between them. She suddenly smiled, turning to him and asking, "Gohan, will you brush my hair?"

He got a big smile on his face as he nodded, scooting over closer to her and bringing her to sit in between his legs. She handed him the brush without a further thought, and he couldn't wait just to run it through her hair over and over and over again....

Videl realized a short time later as he tugged it slowly through her hair that he was enjoying this immensely. She could hear just the slightest purr vibrating through his chest, and his tail making the laziest movements beside him. Eventually the thing found its way around her waist, and she started to pet the lower half—Dende forbid she pet the upper half—and she soon heard his purr grow louder. It made her senses drowsy, and her eyelids drooped, and then finally closed as she fell asleep.

Gohan stopped running the brush through her wavy mid-back length hair when he realized she had fallen asleep. He smiled as he picked her up, turning her around so that she was facing the right way. He leaned over and turned off the bright light, rolling over to the other cold and lonely side. Only after a few unbearable minutes he couldn't stand it, and he went back over to her side, taking her into his strong arms. She sighed in contentment, curling up to him and pressing her ear against his heart, listening to its steady pounding rhythm. He sighed himself, recognizing that for the first time in a while, he was happy.