Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ What You Wouldn't Expect ❯ Make War, Not Love ( Chapter 66 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 66: Make War, Not Love
 
It was late that night when everyone went to bed. All of the couples, except for Bulma and Vegeta, took up the bedrooms, and everyone else crashed in the living room. The Briefs family decided just to go home, considering it would be weird to stay there. Gohan could tell Bulma and Trunks wanted to stay, but Bulma didn't want to leave Vegeta alone when he was in such a foul temper. She didn't want him to blow up the planet and take off in the new space ship they had made almost a half a year ago.

Gohan told Videl to head up to their old room a little earlier than everyone else when he saw how tired she was getting. He kissed her cheek and patted the growing curve of her stomach with what she perceived as fatherly pride and male arrogance. She rolled her eyes.

It was almost two hours later when he headed up as well, turning off all the lights on his way. The loud snores of Yamcha, Tien, Chiaotzu, and Master Roshi could be heard almost through the whole house if you didn't close your door. Thank Dende he had one.

He stepped into his old dimly-lit room, his fingers tightening on the door handle when he saw the woman before him. He hadn't been expecting her to be up, in fact, he had been looking forward to curling up to her while she slept and hold her for a while, just so he could cherish their possible last moments together. But now that thought was floating away on Nimbus.

She was by the open window, her arms resting on the windowsill as the wind wafted through the black midnight of her long hair. He took a step forward into the room, feeling his throat close and constrict when he saw what she was wearing. No...more like what she wasn't wearing.

She was wearing a thin black robe that only went down to the bottom of her thighs, and under it, she sported what he was now going to call a whole new world of discovery. It looked to be some skimpy sheer black material that hid nothing from his eyes and made his fanciful imagination run wild. It was tight, practically see-through, and such a turn-on that he didn't even realize he was being magnetized to her side. She turned, laughing quietly when she saw the look on his face. He made his way over to her with a hurried stride, all thoughts of sleep gone. She gave him a shy smile when she saw that he wasn't quite done gaping, and she clasped her hands in front of her, looking down at her feet as she tried to find her voice. "I um, wanted to make tonight really special, Gohan. I-I don't know if I'll ever see you again if...something happens."

She looked back up, feeling his hand brush back the hair that was covering her shoulder. He was silent, almost like he was too absorbed in the vision she presented to talk. His hand on her shoulder shifted aside her robe, and she watched his eyes flicker to her face a moment before he stepped closer, his head lowering. She closed her eyes, feeling his lips brush over her pale skin as his arm went around her, pulling her against the warmth of his body. He wasn't ravaging her like she had been expecting, but this was just as good, if not better. Gohan seemed to have a problem with going slow when it came to her. However, she wasn't complaining. She would just savor one of the few times he had ever been gentle with her.

Gohan slipped her robe off her shoulders, letting the flimsy material float down to the floor with soft billowy movements. She was silent and motionless, allowing him to have total control. He loved it when she was the dominate one every once and a while, but tonight, he was all on his own. He wanted this to be just as special to her as she wanted it to be for him, and he oddly thought of their wedding night a moment before her hands found their way under his comfortable blue cotton shirt. He gave her a faint smile, allowing her to slip it over his head before he brought her back into his embrace, giving her a light, but tempting and promising kiss. She sighed against his lips, leaning deeply into him as she wrapped her arms around him. He smiled, and it caused both of them to laugh lightly as he pushed her back towards the empty and rumpled bed.

Videl felt the smile melt off her face when he started removing the expensive negligee with a deliberate slow pace. She had bought the piece last week and had been planning on using it as an ultimate weapon, but she had gotten a better idea when she had found out about Babidi coming back. When she had told Gohan that she didn't know if she would ever see him again, she had meant it. And if this was so, she wanted their last memory together to be the best one ever.

Gohan made sure he lavished attention to every inch of skin that was revealed as he tugged down her little wicked outfit. He smiled every once and a while when he thought about what would have happened if she had caught him in the right mood and she had been wearing this very same confection. It still wouldn't be intact, that was for sure.

He heard her gasp when the negligee fell, catching on the growing curve of her hips. He smirked at the delights now presented before him, and he could tell she was amused at how he could never get enough of her. He doubted he ever would.

Videl had been expecting him to do something completely different as soon as the material had slipped, but she got quite the pleasant surprise when he swept her up into his arms instead, laying her down on the bed with the gentlest care. He followed not a moment later, kissing her lightly before he ran his fingers up her arm and to her graceful neck, tilting her head to the side so he could pay attention to the sensitive area. Her pulse fluttered against his lips when he kissed her there, and he felt her arms find their way around his waist, trying to get him to take off his pants. He chuckled, shaking his head. "Not yet," he whispered, feeling a shiver race through her whole body at the feeling of his hot breath fanning over her ear.

Videl felt the sweet warmth Gohan was building deep within her grow, and soon she was begging him yet again to remove the article of clothing that so annoyed her. Gohan just shook his head, telling her to be patient. She groaned in exasperation, giving another futile attempt with tugging at the top of his loose jeans.

Gohan was just expecting her to give up since he was basically controlling her, but he discovered that she was too displeased with him to be civil. She smirked, placing her hand on his hip and looking up at him. He found himself frowning, for he didn't like the look he was receiving. In the next moment, his pants were nothing more than the dust floating in the air. His eyes widened in alarm as he straightened himself up off her, finding himself only in his boxers, which were a little crispy around the edges. That little wench had fried his pants right off with her ki! Little manipulative viper...she was getting a little too experimental with her power for him to feel safe. Who knew what else she could have fried off....

Videl's smirk fell into a naughty smile, and she threw her arms back around his neck, seeing the panicked look that had spread across his features. She loved scaring him to death sometimes.

"I'm sorry if I scared you, Gohan, but you know that I wouldn't have done what you were thinking. I wouldn't do something that would...diminish my own enjoyment, would I?"

He grumbled something inaudible, making her giggle. "No, but next time, warn me when you're planning on killing my pants. I won't wear my favorite pair."

She apologized again, and then quite literally demanded him to get back to what he was doing. He grinned, glancing at the clock a moment before he went back to his pleasurable task. It was already two in the morning, for everyone had gone to bed late. He didn't really care, so long as he had a few moments with Videl. He understood more than her the risks that tomorrow would bring. Sure, she knew about the possibility of someone dying, but what she didn't know was the trauma that followed along with it. He hoped she never had to go through that. He would make sure that she never did.

She saw that he was somewhat miffed about something, but she forgot her train of thought when he started working off the rest of her carnal concoction, trying to take his mind off other things. He shook his head, still not believing that she had bought something so risqué. He would have had a blast watching everything she had gone through to get it.

He told her to lift her hips so he could get it the rest of the way off, working his way down her body until it was down at her ankles. She let out a ridiculous giggle when he carefully let his ear rest against the small curve of her stomach for a moment, and she smiled, not believing how amazed Gohan was over her whole pregnancy. She ran her fingers through his unruly black hair when he closed his eyes, drawing in a deep breath. He suddenly grinned, pressing a small kiss to her stomach. "Papa's first kiss," he said quietly, looking up at her with the smile still on his face. She oddly felt her eyes water, and he lifted himself up, giving Videl her own gentle kiss. "Hey...why are you crying?" he asked softly, a concerned expression on his face.

She shook her head, swallowing the lump in her throat. "I don't know. I just got all emotional when you said that. I'm sorry...."

"It's alright," he murmured, making sure she was alright before he moved his hand over her body in one continuous stroke.

She purred. He shook his head, smiling as he kissed her again, his lips lingering on hers a few moments before he deepened it, drawing on her tongue with his.

There was no frenzy, no wild urgency like there always was. Despite the fact that she had him coaxed out of his boxers ten seconds later, they still took their time. She sighed with soft pleasure when it was over, Gohan pulling her tightly against him as they fell asleep in the early hours of morning. Even as she closed her eyes and let the darkness claim her, she knew that she wouldn't have given up this night for anything. She just hoped they would have more in the future.






Videl woke the next morning to everything shaking. She rolled over onto her side with a groan of annoyance, throwing her pillow over her head. She was just getting ready to tell Gohan to stop snoring, but there was a problem. Gohan didn't snore.

He seemed to have realized to same thing. They both sat up, rubbing their tired eyes simultaneously.

"Gohan...what's going on?" she asked, yawning. "Why is everything shaking? Is there an earthquake?"

He shrugged. "Maybe, but it could always be my dad."

She seemed to be pleased enough with his answer, and fell back onto the bed. They were both getting ready to fall back asleep when the door was nearly broken down, revealing a frantic Goku. His son sat up again, giving his dad a questioning look while he held down Videl. His father didn't need to see his mate naked.

"Gohan, we gotta go right now!! Dabura and Babidi are attacking cities! We have to go stop them!"

Gohan nodded, leaping out of the bed. Videl frowned, seeing that he didn't even care that he was without clothes. Goku was already gone, and he had left the door wide open. That was when Chichi just happened to be passing, and she screamed, "SON GOHAN! PUT SOME CLOTHES ON!!"

Gohan was dressed before she could even blink once. She wondered briefly if she had been hallucinating, but the evidence of her nude bonded daughter-in-law laying in bed and clutching a blanket to her chest proved it all. She scowled, closing the door with a loud crack.

Videl watched Gohan finish the appearance of his gi while she sat on the bed, still holding the blanket against her. He ran a quick brush through his hair just so it looked half-decent, and he was done. He walked over to her, and after giving her a small kiss on her forehead, made his way to the door.

"Gohan."

He stopped, turning around. He cocked his eyebrow, and she couldn't help but smile.

"I um...what do you want me to do?"

He looked thoughtful for a moment. "I want you to stay here. It's much safer than our home, which is in the city. I want you to stay away from the cities."

She swallowed, suddenly nervous at the tone in his voice. Gohan was acting weird, almost too seriously. "Alright," she said quietly, seeing the harsh expression on his face soften briefly before it went back to the hard façade. He watched her for a moment, but then nodded solemnly, leaving the room. She found herself wanting to stop him again just to tell him that she loved him, but her pride stopped her. She wasn't one to say she loved someone every ten seconds like everyone else. She just hoped that she didn't regret not stopping him later.






Chichi had been walking into the kitchen to cook up a small breakfast for her, Videl, 18, Marron, and Goten once everyone left, but the ring of the telephone stopped her. She growled, wondering who the hell would dare stop her from feeding her grandchild.

She ripped the phone off the hook and yelled, "What do you want?! It BETTER be important!!"

"Chichi! Oh my, what's going on?! The news reporters are going mad, and it's like there is an earthquake every ten seconds. Me and my mom keep seeing all these creatures fly over head, do you know who they are?"

"Yeah, it's Babidi's men. But other than that, I don't know anything. The only thing I know is that—"

The line went dead. The insistent loud noise emanating from the phone forced a dazed Chichi to hang up as she stared off into space. Oh no. Bulma....







Babidi cackled with perverse glee. He was currently having a wonderful time killing everyone and everything in random cities, taking nothing but energy and delivering nothing but death and suffering. He was loving it more than anything.

"Hahahahaha...look at them run!! They're like little ants ready to be stepped on!!" he cried, chortling some more. He calmed soon thereafter, surveying the soon to be worse damage. The city was already half gone, but he wasn't done with it yet. The citizens still had to make their contribution to Majin Buu.

He gave his red servant next to him a commanding glare, looking over his shoulder. "You know what to do," he told him, grinning like a fool. Oh the joy!!

Dabura nodded, lifting his hand to motion to the enormous army of Babidi's slaves. They flew forward, battle cries filling the air at the chance to finally destroy something. Dabura and Babidi had taken care of most of it, sending the humans into a rampage of fleeing bodies. People screamed in fear and terror as it seemed like fire fell from the sky, devastating everything that was left. The city was leveled in only a few disastrous moments, what was left of the populace still trying to frantically escape. But, much to Babidi's delight, there was no where to run.

Dabura smirked, happy to see his master enjoying something for once. Ever since they had been ambushed and their ship had been destroyed, things had been hard. Good thing that they had been able to go to a neighboring planet, steal everything there including another ship, and then annihilate the beings because they had resisted. It was all in a day's work.

Babidi was almost rolling through the air he was laughing so hard. People were dropping like flies, his slaves chasing men, women, and children to steal their energy, or just plain kill them. Blood was spilling onto the streets like rain, and all Babidi and Dabura could do was laugh.

Until someone they had been expecting showed up, that is. They surveyed the men floating before them, all them with their hands fisted at their sides and their faces filled with anger at the scene below them. The city had been stunning, tall sky scrapers gracing the sky and parks littering the landscape. Gohan had been planning on bringing Videl here to finish what was left of their baby shopping. They almost had everything already, and Videl had just finished painting the room a light blue and setting up the crib and everything. He guessed that they would have to go somewhere else now.

Babidi cackled like an old witch, seeing Gohan's eyes narrow on his face. "Oh dear, Dabura! Look at that one! He looks like he is ready to tear out our throats!!"

Dabura smirked. "If you would let me, master, I could take care of his disgraceful presence. And everyone else's, if you so wish."

Babidi waved his hand through the air, uncaring about the situation when something else below him was much more entertaining. "Yes, that would be nice, Dabura. I will be waiting for you down below when you are done. Please hurry," he said, floating down to the nearly vanquished city.

Dabura turned his attention back to the pathetic specimens in front of him, eyeing each of them carefully. More than half of them were extremely weak compared to him, but there were three others who looked to be somewhat of a challenge. But he didn't have to worry, he was the King of the Demon World. He could handle them all easily.

Gohan shoved everyone out of the way when he heard Babidi tell Dabura to take care of them. His father was already lowered into a fighting stance, ready to pound Dabura into the ground. Gohan even moved him out of the way, saying, "No, dad. This is my fight. I can't let him get away with what he did to Videl."

Goku nodded, the expression on his face turning hard and cold when he remembered everything Videl and Gohan had gone through because of Dabura and Babidi. He moved out of the way, Gohan's smirk almost rivaling Vegeta's. This was his chance for revenge.

Dabura let loose a deep and annoying laugh. Gohan hated that sound more than anything. First thing he was going to do was smash his voice box, and then rip out his wind pipe so he couldn't breathe and then he would die, ridding him of Dabura's offensive presence. His smirk grew.

Goku and the Supreme Kai moved everyone way back when they felt Gohan's power level shooting up through the roof. Goku could feel the anger just flowing off of his son, and with his stance, he could tell that he couldn't wait to finish off the red creature before him. The Supreme Kai had been silent all day, and wasn't offering any advice. Fine with him.

Dabura suddenly charged Gohan, not even bothering to power up. Gohan wasn't in the least surprised, because Dabura was so arrogant and so sure of himself that he thought he would be able to finish him off in one hit. Maybe it was the other way around.

Gohan lifted his arm and rolled his eyes when Dabura hit him. The King of the Demon World grunted his dissatisfaction, just pulling away like it was no big deal at all. His eyes widened when Gohan suddenly shoved him away, kicking him upside his head and sending his elbow straight into his back.

Goku smirked when he saw Gohan send Dabura flying to the ground below. It was rather amusing when the King of the Demon World thought he was stronger than everyone else, and here he was, faced with three people who could defeat him easily. He almost felt bad for him. No he didn't.

Dabura frowned at himself. Is it possible that these...these earthlings are stronger than myself? I refuse to believe it. No one is stronger than me...not even this Buu that Master Babidi wishes to resurrect. No...no one can beat me.

Dabura was about to lift himself back into the air when a voice filled his head. It was his adamant master.

Dabura, I have decided that we are done here. Those playthings over there are nothing but a bother, and are interrupting my quest for more energy for Majin Buu. However, we still need more. These humans are weak. Come along.

He nodded. Yes, Master Babidi.

Dabura lifted his eyes to Gohan, who was in an aggressive stance, his hands fisted and ready to smash into his face. He smirked.

"Well, it seems like I have more important matters to attend to. If you wish to fight me, then follow me to the next city." At that, he disappeared, along with all of Babidi's men. The Z Fighters and the Supreme Kai all blinked, looking around the demolished city for any signs of life. There wasn't any. Not even any cries for help.

Gohan turned to his father, his face set into a hard and emotionless mask. Goku nodded, and they began their search.





 

Bulma looked back and forth frantically, not knowing what to do about Trunks. He was currently in front of her, trying to protect her. She didn't know if she should shove him behind her so she could protect him, but Trunks wasn't exactly the normal kid.

Trunks felt his mother's aggravation over their circumstance, and he sent her a smile over his shoulder. It wasn't really like his mother to be mad instead of scared in this situation. From what his father had told him, she liked to run most of the time. But all those other times she hadn't been a mother. And it was a mother's duty to protect her child.

"Trunks, get behind me," she demanded, keeping her eyes on the group of aliens that had just blown up the Capsule Corporation housing area, and everything else in the area. Vegeta had already left, so he wasn't here to help. Trunks had been ordered by the Saiya-jin No Ouji himself to stay in the GR to train, and when they had been attacked, the GR had been taken out as well. She knew Vegeta would be beyond happy to discover it had been the old GR instead of his wonderful new one. But that wasn't the point. When the GR had been destroyed, it had almost taken Trunks along with it. Bulma had screamed and bawled her eyes out because she couldn't find him amongst the rubble, the seven aliens around her laughing at her pitiful situation.

Trunks had managed to find his way out of the ruins, but he was a little banged up. She wondered if in his condition he would be able to fight. His left arm was useless, but the boy had proven himself at the World Tournament that he was perfectly capable of fighting without it. If only she was so sure now....

Trunks was at a slight impasse. He didn't know if he should protect his mother or listen to her. He really didn't have a choice when she jerked him behind her, telling him to stay put and that she could handle this.

Bulma conjured up all the courage inside her, shooting the enemy the very glare she had learned off Vegeta. They stopped laughing. She smirked. At least Vegeta was useful for something. Other than that, he could go jump off a cliff for all she cared. At least...that's what she thought.





 

Videl touched down on the area that used to be the Capsule Corporation housing area, which had been beautiful, filled with trees, gardens, and exotic flowers. Now the whole thing was gone, nothing but piles of concrete and twisted metal.

She remembered briefly hearing the phone ring at Gohan's old house, and then a few minutes later, Chichi running to her nearly in tears and begging her to go check on Bulma. After all, it would only take a few minutes for her to get there.

She closed her eyes, trying to keep her emotions in check. The whole area was like a waste land of buildings, like a bomb had been dropped directly on top of her second mother's home.

She started stepping through the rubble daintily, mindful of her baby and the possibility that she could fall. She couldn't count how many times Gohan and Chichi had told her to be careful now.

She walked around a large block of concrete, and got quite the surprise. There was a dirty and cut up Bulma, her young son cradled in her lap. He looked like he needed to be in the hospital, but Videl knew that he would survive.

She got down on her knees, smiling at Bulma as she picked the little boy up, holding him like a baby while Bulma struggled to get up. She finally managed, dusting herself off and thanking Videl quietly.

"What happened?" Videl asked quickly, seeing Bulma bend back down to pick up a battered plastic box that looked like it held capsules.

"We were attacked. I guess it was by Babidi's men. Me and Trunks survived...but I don't know about my mom. My dad is at work...so maybe he's alright," she blinked back the tears that came to her eyes, even though they were only for her ditzy mother. Even if she was a little off her block, she was still her mother, and she still loved her dearly. She smiled at Trunks, trying to find it within herself to be strong.

"They tried to kill us afterward, but Trunks stopped them, almost getting himself killed and disobeying me in the process. Poor little guy, he just passed out right after. He was exhausted."

Videl was just about to ask her some more questions when she saw an enormous group of men appear about two hundred yards to the east, the sky becoming filled with them. Her eyes narrowed when she spotted a certain "something" that she wanted to dig her claws into.

Videl glanced at Bulma, who didn't like the look on her face. She obligingly took Trunks back, Videl standing stiffly next to her.

"I have to go. I'll be right back. When I come back, we can get Trunks to the hospital," was all that Videl said, powering up quickly and blasting off into the sky. Bulma was left standing there, holding her son closely. Even though she was strong, she was weak from fatigue, and the boy weighed more than he looked. She decided to sit back down and wait for Videl.

Videl didn't even bother with exchanging remarks before the fight. She just charged the group, spotting Dabura and slamming her foot into the side of his big head. The monster went flying, and she smirked, going after him again.

This was the scene the Z Fighters and the Supreme Kai arrived to. Gohan did a double take when he saw Videl beating the life out of Dabura, screaming and yelling at him to get up and fight her.

"You stupid bastard, you're so pathetic!! I can't believe you're the so called 'King of the Demon World' when I'm stronger than you!! Look at you!! You can't even get up!"

She kicked him in the ribs, sending him into a block of concrete. The bleeding mass of red skin that was Dabura struggled to his feet, and when he did, he sneered, wiping the side of his mouth off as he pointed behind his unmatched opponent. "Looks like your little boyfriend has arrived."

Videl turned around, smiling widely when she saw Gohan. He went to smile back, but it disappeared off his face. Videl frowned, seeing Gohan lift his hand, opening his mouth to scream for her to move. She went to jerk around, but she suddenly felt something sharp ram through her back and exit through her stomach. Her eyes went wide on Gohan's horrified face when she felt blood rise up in her throat, and she looked down, her hands gripping onto Dabura's javelin. Her eyes suddenly felt very heavy, and she fought to keep them open as pain raced through her. The last thing she saw was Gohan, and she gave him a faint smile before she mouthed, "I'm sorry."

It all happened in slow motion. Dabura gave a cruel laugh while he ripped his javelin out of Videl, and Gohan watched her dulling blue eyes close, blood pouring down her chin as her legs gave out from under her. He felt indescribable pain erupt through him, and all around him it seemed like everyone was screaming and yelling, crying for Videl...Videl his mate, Videl the woman he loved, Videl...the woman who was dead.

His scream filled the air, bouncing off everything and coming back to him so his pain felt like it was being amplified ten times over. He felt incredible rage swamp him like a tidal wave, but nothing compared to the devastation now wrecking his heart. He wanted to die...but not before he killed the monster who had taken away the only thing that had ever understood him.

Goku didn't even bother holding his son back with the state he was in. He himself was filled with multitudes of pain and anger, and if that had been Chichi, everything within a ten miles radius would have been gone.

That's why he wasn't in the least surprised when a blinding gold light exploded through the air, bringing everything with it like a detonating bomb of incredible power. Vegeta and him were the only ones left standing—barely—once it was over, and everyone else was probably buried under a pile of concrete.

His eyes abruptly caught movement to the side, and he saw just in time Gohan faze out behind Dabura, grab his head, and give a brutal twist. A loud satisfying crack filled the air, but it was silenced when Gohan placed his hands on Dabura's back, and let loose an extremely powerful ki blast. Once the yellow light of Gohan's ki departed, Goku closed his eyes. Dabura was gone...but so was Videl.