Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ What You Wouldn't Think ❯ The Meaning of Life ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Author's Note: Enjoy my first DBZ story ever. It's the second story of my "What You Wouldn't" Series, the other two being called What You Wouldn't Want (Goku/Chichi) and What You Wouldn't Expect (Gohan/Videl). Enjoy!!! And review, never forget that!!!

Chapter One: The Meaning of Life

Bulma strode into her home, the biggest and most happy smile on her face imaginable. She had never thought she could be happier, but it seemed to change every time she saw Yamcha. He was the love of her life, there was no doubt about that. She always wanted to be with him, never to leave his side. She prayed he would ask her to marry him. They were perfect for each other.

She wanted, no had to tell someone, or just talk to someone about how overjoyed she was. She tried calling her best friend, Chichi, but no one answered the phone.

Bulma sighed and hung up the phone, wondering who she could talk to. She grinned when she remembered her mother, who would probably be even more happy than she was to know that her daughter was this delighted, but then she remembered that her father and mother were on vacation out of town until the end of the week.

A big wicked grin crept up on her face when the Prince himself walked into the kitchen where the phone was. He was drenched in sweat, as usual, and a towel wrapped around his shoulders. He didn't even look at her as he went straight to the refrigerator, digging through it to find something to eat.

When his hands were full, he started sticking containers in odd places, such as under his arms and into his mouth. Bulma thought it hilarious to find the Saiya-Jin Prince with his mouth full of an orange juice container. She sat down at the small kitchen table, giving him a big smile when he placed everything down on the table and started opening them as he himself sat down. He still hadn't talked to her, let alone looked at her. It was if she wasn't there.

He finally looked up at her, a smirk on his face. "Why, your looking rather ugly today, Woman. Were you just out with that weakling human?" he asked, prying open a container with left-over spaghetti. He looked temporarily disgusted, but he was too hungry to care.

Bulma just continued to smile, Vegeta's rude comments not working on her in such a good mood. "Oh, Vegeta. I love life. It's so wonderful."

Vegeta got up from the table when he realized he didn't have a spoon or a fork. Stupid human habits. He grabbed a spoon and a fork, bringing them back to the table and sitting back down. "Why? Did you finally get laid by that weakling?"

Bulma pretended she hadn't just heard that and went back to sighing. "I wish you could have been there. He took me out to the fanciest diner and it was so romantic...we danced, talked about everything, and he gave me this." She proceeded by taking out a single red rose, grinning to herself as she remembered him giving it to her and the procession of things that had happened afterward. Not that they had gotten too physical, they had just kissed and held each other. Yamcha didn't really force her into anything unless she was sure she actually wanted it. Another thing she loved about him. He was so great to her.

Vegeta almost gagged on his cold food when she took out the flower. Stupid pathetic humans...get all soft and mushy over a dumb little flower. "I don't understand how you can possibly like that weak little human," Vegeta muttered, hoping she had heard him.

"Vegeta, you're not going to ruin my good mood. Nothing could," Bulma told him, crossing her arms stubbornly over her chest.

Vegeta sneered. "Really? What if I told you that I blew up the gravity room?"

She shook her head, her arms still crossed over her beautiful red dress that had cost over five hundred dollars. "Nope. Not gonna work."

"Oh yeah, your mate called, he told me to tell you that he couldn't see you tomorrow, he has a meeting with some woman downtown."

She rolled her eyes. "How many times do I have to tell you that he's not my mate, Veg-head? He's my boyfriend. And he-what?!?!"

Vegeta laughed, knowing that it would work, even though it had sounded so fake. "Stupid Onna, you're so into yourself and that boyfriend of yours that you don't even realize that I'm lying. Now, I'm leaving."

Bulma jumped up in her chair when Vegeta started to leave. Her chair toppled backwards and hit the floor hard, but she could have cared less. "You asshole! What the hell is your problem?! All I wanted to do is talk to you about how happy I am for once, and all you do is sit there and try to ruin it for me! Why...why do you always do this to me?" she cried, tears pooling in her eyes. Vegeta watched amazed as she tried to swipe them away, but they kept coming. I thought that Onna had said that I wasn't going to be able to ruin her day? He thought. She sniffed and looked at him straight on, telling him, "I hope you never find happiness, I hope that you are alone your whole pathetic life, and that you have no one that will ever love you." At that she ran past him, rushing up to her room up the stairs and slamming the door. The next moment he heard the lock click.

He looked down at the ground, finding the pattern in the tiles suddenly fascinating. I hope you never find happiness....He shrugged it off, ignoring it...for now.

Bulma made sure her door was locked, although she knew it wouldn't hold him back for a second. She still felt oddly safe for some reason just knowing that it was locked.

She walked into her bathroom, closing and locking that door too. She stared at herself in the huge mirror, seeing her large round eyes puffy from crying. She wiped at her eyes again, angry with herself for breaking down like she had. She always tried not to do that, but she always did. She turned around in the mirror, searching for something besides her face that displeased her at the moment. Nope, nothing seemed wrong. She loved her little red dress, the way it hugged all the right curves and hinted perfectly what laid beneath it. Yamcha had stared at her all dinner, probably dreaming about her naked body, she thought with a wicked grin.

She decided that she would take a nice hot shower to calm her nerves, and then daydream about Yamcha as she fell asleep. Maybe she would have some good dreams....

Vegeta growled when the Gravity machine failed to comply with what he wanted. "Damn machine...damn humans can't even make a damn machine right...damn it all."

He felt like making the little Onna mad at him some more and shot a small ki blast at it, making it short-circuit. Smoke floated up in a large black cloud that made him choke, so he walked quickly out of the GR and stood outside of it, now pissed at himself for ruining his precious machine again. He grumbled something about insane women and walked back to the Capsule Corporation housing area, where he was sure the little Onna would be, more than likely getting ready for bed.

The first annoying thing he heard as he stepped inside was humming, and it was none other than the Onna. "Woman, are you making me my dinner or what?!" he yelled through the living room to the kitchen, where she was.

He sat down in front of the TV, taking hold of the remote and turning the thing on. He flicked through it a few times, waiting for Bulma's angered response.

"Go screw yourself, Vegeta!!" she yelled at him from the kitchen. He chuckled, happy with his response.

"I have better things to do, and so do you. Now cook my dinner."

He heard her foul tempered growl even in the next room. He looked at the clock; it was currently one in the morning. He was more tired than he had thought he was, for usually he didn't go to bed until much later. He stretched his lithe body and rested his head on his laced hands on the back of the sofa. He felt his eyelids drooping, and he didn't fight it.

He was almost asleep when he felt something leap onto his lap. He cocked open one eye, glaring at the little black creature Dr. Brief's always had with him. "Stupid cat," he muttered as he ran his large hand over its tiny body, causing it to start to purr. He thought it funny how everyone though he hated this stupid thing, but in truth he didn't really mind it. At least it occupied him at times...when he was alone that is.

Bulma stepped into the living room silently, seeing Vegeta with his head resting on the back of the sofa. She had been about to yell at him, but she didn't want to disturb him if he was asleep. Even she wasn't that mean. She walked around the sofa and stopped dead in her tracks.

There, on Vegeta's lap, was her father's treasured cat that he almost always had with him. His hand was resting on its back, and she could hear the little thing purring like crazy. But no, she thought, confused. Vegeta hated that cute little thing. She smiled and took hold of a soft blanket on the back of the love seat next to the large sofa. She picked up the little kitty and placed it next to the sleeping figure of the Prince of Saiya-Jins, laying the blanket over him to keep him warm. He didn't stir once.

The soft smile still on her face, she picked up the madly purring kitty and put it back on Vegeta's now blanket covered lap. She gave the adorable couple one last look before she turned off the light and went up to her room.

Vegeta opened his eyes to the now dark room. Had the Onna just treated him nicely? he questioned himself. He stroked his hand back over the cat on his lap, thinking for a moment before he shrugged it off and closed his eyes, falling asleep easily.

Author's Note: Awww. I think I want my own little black kitty named Piccolo. Original, huh? Yeah, well, my dog (which is black) is named after an Atlantian Princess, or in other words, Kidagakash. And my other black cat is named Yamcha because it's just MESSED UP and UGLY. And he's a "pimp" like Yamcha is, supposedly. But anyhow, review if you liked it, or even if you hated it! Just don't flame me, ok? Fine, go ahead. I'll just cry.