Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ What You Wouldn't Think ❯ I Can See Something You Can't ( Chapter 20 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Chapter Twenty: I Can See Something You Can't    

Uhh....not again, she thought, so annoyed that she wanted to scream and rant and kill Vegeta.

It was going to turn out to be another few weeks at which he stuck himself into his homey little gravity room to train and become a super Saiya-jin. How wonderful of him to leave her all by herself, going deeper and deeper into space...a deep, dark, scary space that went on forever and ever and had lots of bad things in it that would want to kill her.

She took a blanket and wrapped it around herself, curling up into one of the chairs in the cockpit. She didn’t like the eternal silence emanating around her. She liked noise, lots of it.

And that’s what she got. She felt the whole ship shake to the point she thought it would blow apart, and it didn’t stop. She flew out of her chair, falling into a graceless painful heap that she had trouble getting out of. She pulled herself up to her feet, only to fall back over and hit her head on the ground hard. She made a pained noise in her throat, and felt her world spin as she opened her eyes. I won't pass out, I absolutely refuse to...she chanted to herself, sucking it up and crawling across the trembling ground to get to Vegeta. She didn’t know what was going on, damn it, and whatever it was, if it didn’t stop, it would possibly injure the ship and kill them in the process.

However, as soon as she managed to get out of the room, she was sucked down the hall, her nails clawing desperately at the floor as she was dragged across it. She ignored her ripped and torn bloody nails and screamed for help as she looked back, seeing a giant hole in the side of the ship. Someone had attacked them!!! She screamed again, feeling tears come to her eyes as she thought of being pulled out into the black void, only to suffocate and die a horrible painful death at the hands of an enemy she didn’t know.

Something grabbed her arm. She looked up, only to see Vegeta holding onto her, his other hand gripping onto the doorway of the GR. She almost smiled, but it wasn’t the time to be thanking him. He pulled her into the GR, yelling, "Stay here!!"

She didn’t protest, just ran into the middle of the room to the controls. She couldn’t do much but stand there as the door closed and Vegeta disappeared through it.

Amazed out how he seemed somewhat at ease, she felt herself relax some. He had been powered up, so maybe that’s why it had been so easy. She jumped when she heard the computer's female voice overhead, saying, "Sector B4 shutting down in, 5...4...3...2...1. Thank you and have a nice day."

She slumped against the controls in the GR, her face pressing hard and annoyingly into the buttons, but she didn’t care. She was alive.

She suddenly felt the hair on the back of her neck stand on end, and she stiffened. She never got that feeling from Vegeta, ever. It was always warmth, and occasionally kindness...and meanness. She licked her now dry lips and swallowed hard, knowing that someone or something was behind her, and it wasn’t Vegeta. She always had the feeling of his power when he was around her, but she didn’t feel it now. It was black, empty...terrifying.

She dived out of the way, only to barely escape a fist that was originally meant for her head. It smashed the GR control complex, and she knew Vegeta would be more than pissed. That was his job.

She jumped up, almost falling back over from her odd state of balance, but somehow managed to stay up straight and run out of the room at a break-neck speed, not daring to look back.

Heading for the cockpit, she prayed to Kami that she would see Vegeta before whatever was after her caught and killed her, or whatever it was planning on doing. She almost stopped dead in her tracks when she wondered if there was more than one creature on board. What happened if one of them got Vegeta? No, she shook her head. The thing would be dead before it even blinked...if it could. Vegeta had definitely learned his lesson from past experiences, and she doubted that even if it wasn’t hostile, that it still would be alive. He would just kill it for the fun of it.

She ended up almost going past the cockpit, for she couldn’t stop her own momentum from running. She skidded to a halt, looked back and didn’t see anything. She took a deep breath and was about to open the door, when she heard a loud explosion on the inside.

Feeling the blood drain from her face, she stepped back, bumping into the wall. Or what she thought was the wall. If the wall had arms, all she knew was that they were now crushing her against itself and she couldn’t breathe. She felt light-headed, saw lights dance before her eyes. She tried to struggle against whatever had her, but it didn’t even budge. No...Vegeta....

The door to the cockpit unexpectedly flew off, missing her and her captor by only several inches. The noise when it hit the wall made her flinch, the sound of metal screeching and sliding against more metal wasn’t a pleasant sound. It reminded her of nails on a chalkboard, oddly.

She knew that in any moment she would pass out from lack of air, but it didn’t stop her from seeing what she saw in the control room.

Vegeta was smashed into the wall, being held up by some blurry creature see couldn’t see. It was like a see-through mass, like it wasn’t really there, but it was. She almost smiled when he yelled like a madman, powering up to his maximum level and blowing away whatever had had him in a death-vise. He started flinging discs of energy, trying desperately to hit whatever had dared touch him. Nothing seemed to hit it, and if anything, he hurt the ship more than he did the enemy.

Her eyes widened, feeling herself being squeezed so hard that her lungs where being compressed unto themselves, and she felt blood come up in her throat, making her gag. She felt death almost tugging at her, but she fought it as hard as she could, ignoring the blood running down her chin and the pain shooting through her body. She started kicking weakly, but it did nothing but evoke an evil laugh from her abductor.

Just before the ever-nearing darkness claimed her, she locked her eyes with Vegeta's, and she saw one thing that she never thought she would see coming from those bottomless depths.

Love.