Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ When It Rains.... ❯ In Your Place ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: only own the words, you know the drill. "In My Place" is by Coldplay.







In Your Place

By: WeaverOfDreams



~....~ =lyrics

Her eyes opened to gaze a dark blue sky. Bulma Briefs took in a deep breath as she gazed out into the stars. She couldn't truly believe it. Here she was, alive again, staring out into the sky, across the dark plains of earth as if nothing had happened. As if Buu had never been. As if.... she frowned. Oh but she did remember that. How could he? The bastard. When she saw Goku after the earth was saved, she demanded that he tell her what had happened. At first he was very reluctant to tell her which made her all the more suspicious. So she did something very underhanded. She bribed him with her mother's pastries. She used one of the few weaknesses Goku had against him. At first he blatantly refused to tell her, all the while eating the pastries. They she pulled the friendship trick out of her hat. That finally made Goku tell her out of guilt. He told her about what happened in Babidi's ship and what happened during his fight with Vegeta and all the things Vegeta had said.

After that, Bulma could tell that Goku truly didn't want to tell her any of it. After all, Goku had been her friend since they were little and he didn't want to see her hurt. He was very sweet that way. Bulma knew , however, that this was a long time coming. Ever since she witnessed what Vegeta had done in the tournament arena, she knew she was going to have it out with him.

~In my place, in my place

Were lines that I couldn't change

I was lost, oh yeah ~

This wouldn't be the usually verbal pars they had. It would have been, had Goku not told her about the fight. How could Vegeta have said those things? Babidi's spell would not be any excuse for it. It had to be within his own mind for him to say that. Didn't Goku say that Babidi's spell freed Vegeta from all the sentimentality and emotion he had learned while he was here. He would be free to say what he wanted, guilt free. She felt sick to her stomach. Sure, Vegeta had given his life to try and save them, sure he had fused with Goku to battle Buu and had tried to defeat him. Still, that didn't wipe those hurtful words from her ears. She just couldn't separate the two sides.



~I was lost, I was lost

Crossed lines I shouldn't have crossed

I was lost, oh yeah~



So here she waited. She knew he would come back. It was just his style. Besides, he had nowhere else to go. Would he come back , full of sorrow, asking for her forgiveness, or would he be just like he always was, non-committal. He would probably say she should have expected it and tell her to get over it. Get over it..... feh.... she was not getting over this.

She leaned on the window frame, her hand clutching the drapes. How many times would he simply fly in through the window and sweep her off her feet, literally and figuratively. A small , slight smirk curled on her lips. He rarely , if ever used the door. It didn't seem in his make-up. With a deep sigh, she pressed her forehead to the glass, her eyes downcast, a frown marring her smooth brow. She could not let fanciful thoughts obscure her goal tonight. She would wring an apology out of him or just let him go. She couldn't leave with a man who thought so little of her and his own child. She had accepted the fact that he was a prince, stuck in his ways, that he could show emotion like the rest of them, he was too battle scared. She thought he knew him at least just a little, that he loved her even though he didn't show it. After all this time, he only thought of her as an obstacle, holding him down, tying him down to this place, to her. She never made him make any promises to her about their relationship. She never demanded a thing save the fact that he should spend more time with his son. She asked for nothing for herself because she thought that he had given her everything she would want. She felt that he had put past everything and wanted to be with her. Heh, she was a genius but that didn't mean she was smart all the time.



Looking out her window, she knew what was coming. The dread sickened her. A part of her could wait for him to come home so she could hold him, feel his warm arms around her. Yet the larger part, the angry hurtful part wanted to rip the hide off him in shreds. Open him up and make him bleed just like his words did to her heart.

~Yeah, how long must you wait for him?

Yeah, how long must you pay for him?

Yeah, how long must you wait for him?~

Sighing , she made her way out of the room and then down the hall to her son's room. She slipped inside and made her way to his bed. He lay there quietly, a soft purring snore escaping his lips. Funny, how Sayjin's purr when they snore. They all did it , it seems. She smiled, thinking about her conversations with Chichi over their respective mate's snoring ability, volume, depth. It was quite interesting. Bulma sat on the edge of the bed and watched her little one sleep. She could hardly think of him as a little one anymore, he was growing up, a very strong fighter now. She reached over and brushed away a strand of lavender hair from his face. His eyes were closed , soft lashes barely touching his cheekbones. It was quite a waste of a good pair of lashes on a boy. She smirked and then thought of what would happen to Trunks without his father. The Boy had done well enough for the first part of his life without him, but Trunks adored his father, never seeing his faults. Vegeta was his hero. One could see it every time the boy looked at him. Bulma frowned and then got up, moving slightly to place a soft kisses on Trunk's brow. He scowled in his sleep and once again Bulma was reminded of how much he looked like Vegeta when he did that. With a heavy heart, she moved out of her son's room, shutting the door behind her. She made her way back to her own room, covered in darkness. She felt weary even though thoughts of what was to come plagued her mind and refused to let her sleep.

~I was scared, I was scared

Tired and under prepared

But I wait for you ~

She closed the door behind her as she made her way to the bed. Sliding into the sheets she glanced over at his pillow, left vacant for a long time. Turning , she placed a hand lovingly on the middle of it, were his head would rest as he slept. He would be spooned into her, his arm wrapped possessively around her waist, his hand flatten on her upper stomach, fingers below her breasts. His ankles would hook into hers, holding her tightly to him as he slept , as if something could take her from him as he slept. Remembering all this, she wondered how he could have behaved like that and still say those things. Could she be wrong? Could it have all have been said under Babidi's influence? She gave a soft sigh and withdrew her hand as if it had been burned. She felt a tremor go through her form and that's when she knew. He was here. She could feel it. He wasn't in the complex but he was close, on the grounds somewhere.

~If you go, if you go

Leaving me down here on my own

Then I'll wait for you ~

She got up from the bed and then flicked on the light, just to let him know she was up and that there would not be any sneaking around this night. Folding her arms, the soft cotton t-shirt she wore pulled taunt. It was emblazoned with the Capsule Corp's logo. She wore a pair of form fitting shorts with it too. It was comfortable and warm. She didn't want him to come up here and see her in one of her favorate nightgowns and think that all was forgiven. Not by a long shot.

~Yeah, how long must you wait for him?

Yeah, how long must you pay for him?

Yeah, how long must you wait for him? ~



She walked back and forth in the room, not seeing him at her window. Hmm, he must be taking the civilized route in. Or could he have been so callous as to go right to the gravity room? No , that wasn't possible, she had it deactivated. So she waited for him to come. She listened for any sign he was coming, yet she heard nothing. He was as silent as a cat, that one, which made her fume just a bit more.

~Sing it Please, please, please

Come back come sing to me

To me, me

Come on and sing it out, now, now

Come on and sing it now, to me, me

Come back, come sing~

The she heard it, a softly indrawn breath from outside her door. Her eyes narrowed as her lips tightened into a frown. So he was a bit nervous, was he? Good. Keep him on edge , make him wonder what her mood was like and what he was going to expect. She moved to the door and waited there, nothing he would be able to smell her with that keen sayjin nose of his. She let a good three minutes pass by, building up her anger, building up the hurt she felt and the betrayal she left. She controlled her face into a mask, something she had picked up from the prince. She knew her eyes would do all the talking. When he never opened the door, she got impatient and yanked it open. She was greeted by a rough looking prince, a bit of shock caught on his face. That quickly disappeared but she did still feel the thrill of victory.

~In my place, in my place

Were lines that I couldn't change

I was lost, oh yeah

Oh yeah~

"What are you doing here, Vegeta?" She asked softly, her words cold and without infection. She felt a small nasty thrill go through her as she say him react to her icy tone with a look of sorrow.

It had begun.



To be Continued......