Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Where She Belongs ❯ She's Finally Home ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

She hasn't been back in five years. It was nothing new for her to leave everything behind and travel the world. She had no connection or ties to her home, making it easy for her to leave. She often left to find adventure, teach and explore her intellectual interest. It was true that these were very minor reasons for her to leave, but this time was different. She was finally home.
She smirked to herself as she thought of this. She sat in the plane with her eyes closed, but she wasn't resting, she was thinking. It was funny to think of this place as home. When she left on previous trips, she had no attachment to the place she left. More often then not she departed a place and settled somewhere else. However this time she left what she lad learned as her family. Before she had no one, was alone; now she had people that really cared about her. When she left she had known the Brief's family for only two years and they immediately treated her like a daughter, sister, friend. Bulma, Vegeta, Bra and Trunks had a special place in her heart and they had one in theirs. Oddly enough her family was one of the reasons she left. She wasn't tired of them or anything like that, on the contrary she thought of them every day those five years. One of the reasons she left was because the more time she spent with them, the more she realized that she did not know who she was. Whenever she was with them there were always questions about her Sayian heritage. The Briefs tried to be sensitive, even Vegeta, well for him anyways, but even the unspoken questions haunted her. So she left and spent the first year finding herself and found everything she needed: who she was, how she came to be, where she was from, what happened to her family. So why did she wait another four years to return?
The voice on the intercom broke her brooding informing all passengers to fasten their safety belts, they were approaching to land. When the plane came to a complete stop the passengers started trailing out towards the terminal. As she entered, she was confronted by a high-pitched sound of happiness. Before she could locate the source, she was tackled to the ground.
“OH MY GOD, you're finally home!”
“ Miss me much Bra? My ass is definitely feeling it.”
“Sorry, hehe.” The two girls scrambled to their feet and started walking away while exiting passengers gawked at them. Unfazed Bra continued, “Come on, the whole family is here to see you.”
“Damn, I only needed a ride from the airport, not an entire welcoming committee.”
“What do you mean damn? Everyone wanted to see you so badly they couldn't wait at home.”
“Damn in a good affectionate way of course.”
When she finally got to her welcoming committee she was greeted with a teary affectionate hug from Bulma followed by incessant babble.
“Quiet woman, save it for home,” Vegeta snapped at Bulma and then gave a welcome-home smirk and an acknowledging nod.
Then her eyes locked onto dazzling blue eyes. ~That's why it took me four years.~