Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ White Tail & Angel Wings ❯ Never Too Young to Learn ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
White Tail & Angel Wings

--Written by Naki











Chapter 5 :Never Too Young to Learn




&nbspI'm not sure what to think. I watch Laurelle flit around the small kitchen. I smile warmly as she starts breakfast.

"Karaine really fell for that guy, huh?" I asked, leaning my elbows on the counter.

&nbspLaurelle stepped past me. "No, actually, he fell for her."

"Serious?" I ask, tossing my little-longer-than shoulder length bleach-blonde hair over my shoulder.

"I'm serious," Laurelle reached into a bin and pulled out a wad of white fabric. She tossed it to me. "Here. Put a shirt on."

&nbspI pulled the tank top on over my head and leaned my back up against the countertop. Then it occurred to me. "Hey, Laurelle…"

"Yes?" She asked, not turning her sight from the open refrigerator.

"Do you think…she knows about the, uh, pheromone-thing?" I ask.

&nbspHer eyes widen. "I don't know. I didn't think she'd inherit it from her mother. I guess I thought wrong."

&nbspI crossed my arms. She shut the refrigerator door. "I know what it's like to be grabbed by those pheromones and totally fall head over heels in love."

&nbspLaurelle stopped halfway between the oven and me. "Really?" She asked timidly. "Who?"

"I thought it was obvious when we were together home on Gesekai," I said. "I thought you knew it was you."

&nbspShe turned a bright red, and dropped the glass she was holding. It shattered as it hit the tile flooring beneath us. Liquid went everywhere. With a trembling hand she pointed to herself. "Me?"

&nbspI nodded. She covered her mouth with a hand and squeezed her eyes closed. I walked over to her and slipped my arms around her.

"I'm sorry," I whispered. "I should've told you sooner." I know she is oblivious to my many harbored secrets. Some things are better off left unsaid for another time. She put her arms around my middle, and I just held her there for a few moments, until…

"I must be contagious."

&nbspOh my god, we've been sighted! I pull away from Laurelle faster than sound. The both of us turn a brilliant shade of scarlet. Karaine stood in the doorway, an eyebrow cocked in interest.

&nbspShe'd obviously just rolled out of bed. Her long black hair is unkempt and partially sticking up, and she is garbed in a long, roughed up gray t-shirt. She rubbed an eye with her hand as she walked past us and opened the fridge. Not finding anything immediately appealing, she shut the door and turned to us.

"I thought so," she said, walking past me.

-- &nbsp-- &nbsp--



&nbspKaraine sat on the apex of the roof of the small house that she shared with both Laurelle and Cronus. She was garbed in the usual white halter-top and cutoff blue jean shorts, but lacked both shoes and her usual blue jean jacket. Her hair had been brushed earlier, but the wind was blowing it around and knotting it up.

&nbspShe leaned her back up against the chimney and folded her legs up to her chest. Laurelle had brought up the topic of her kind. Karaine's mother had been like Laurelle. Laurelle was supposed to teach her about her mother's kind.

&nbspKaraine gripped the pendant about her neck. It was much like Laurelle's, but much different at the same time. Cronus had one too but only slightly bigger. Laurelle said it was because he's a guy.

&nbspFor some reason, Karaine felt somewhat weary of learning about her mother's kind. It almost scared her. Karaine was waiting for Laurelle to call for her and they would go to the Lookout to begin Karaine's training in the arts of her mother's people.

"Karaine!"

&nbspKaraine stood. "It's about time." She muttered, jumping down to the ground from the roof.

-- &nbsp-- &nbsp--



&nbspThe tall white colossus with its matching white stone pillars and the surrounding beautiful greenery made the Lookout feel like a second home. Mr. Popo worked diligently in a small clump of shrubbery.

&nbspSuddenly, Karaine dropped in from the sky and landed right in front of Mr. Popo, just barely missing the bush he had been planting.

"Oh, Karaine, what a pleasant surprise," Mr. Popo said with a shocked expression on his black features; he still gripped the small hand-held shovel in his gloved hands.

"Yeah, just thought I'd drop in," Karaine pulled herself up into a sitting position and rubbed her shoulder.

"What were you doing?" He asked, glancing skywards.

"A rather lame attempt at levitation," Karaine said simply, with a tone to drop it. She stood and went to grab the pendant that usually swung from around her neck but found it missing. "Where…?" She looked all around her.

"What are you missing?" Mr. Popo asked, standing besides her.

"My necklace," she told him.

"Is that it?" He asked, pointing upwards. Karaine craned her neck up. Her necklace hung comfortably on a high branch of the neighboring tree.

"Oh great," she said sarcastically. She flew up to the aloft branch and carefully removed it from the tree and placed it about her neck once more. As she set back down upon the grass, Cronus came.

"You're taking to it like a natural," he said. "But…"

"I know, I suck at levitation," Karaine said.

"You're not concentrating hard enough," he said as they left Mr. Popo to his gardening. "You need to focus."

"Cronus…" Karaine stopped him. "I'm not a full blood like you are. I'm a half-breed. I'm not good at this like you are."

"That could explain it, but you do have other things that you show from your mother's side," Cronus said.

"Like what?" Karaine asked.

"You don't know?" He asked.

"Know what?"

"I thought Laurelle told you why you're learning all this. Go ask her."

&nbspKaraine came to the front of the white colossus and her feet tapped on the white tile and stone flooring. Laurelle sat with Dende-sama. Laurelle looked up to see her cousin standing expectantly near her.

-- &nbsp-- &nbsp--



&nbspNow I know. Now I know what made Trunks so attracted to me from the very beginning. The sun reaches its zenith as I sit on the ladder that traveled from the edge of the Lookout down the extensive tower beneath it. I kicked my legs idly. I really should go tell Trunks. But, I don't know exactly how to tell him of my origins. His father would understand, however.

&nbspI hear voices behind me. They're muffled due to their distance from me, so I ignore them. There are only three beings that I identify quickly as my cousin, her teacher, and her boyfriend.

&nbspI take a deep breath and stare up into the cloudless blue sky. Where would I find Trunks? Go all the way back to the Capsule Corporation compound? Oh, security would have a ball with that.

&nbspI stand and pull on my jean jacket regardless of the heat. I hear an inquisitive sound come my way, but I ignore it. I glide off the Lookout and take my time flying through the air.

&nbspA sense familiar to the one I felt last night with Trunks came back to haunt me. Someone I knew…someone was in danger.



Previous || Continue... || &nbspBack to&nbsp: Authors Stories Genre