Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Wicked Games ❯ Wicked Games ( Prologue )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

**A/N: I don't own DBZ, nor do I own the song "Wicked Games" By Chris Isaak

Wicked Games

If the world was on fire no could save me but you

Bulma smiled, her body rocked gently in her chair, a comfortable afghan wrapped around her small body. She loved Vegeta, with every inch of her soul she loved him.

Strange what desire will make foolish people do

He had taken her out last night, which was a rarity for the near hermit of a man she had come to care so much about. They had walked through the city park for about half an hour, occasionally stopping to grasp hands and kiss each other. The dinner had been fabulous, entrees, main course, and a sweet piece of cherry cheese cake for dessert. And when the violinists began to play that haunting melody, Vegeta had held out his hand for hers to dance.

I never dreamed that I'd meet somebody like you

He had held her close, surprising Bulma with his public affection. Slowly he moved their bodies to the rhythm of the music. She closed her eyes, resting her chin on his shoulder and caressing his back. But he had cut the dance short, and retreated back to their table, leaving Bulma by herself on the floor. She didn't think much of it, so she followed him back.

I never dreamed that I'd lose somebody like you.

No I don't want to fall in love

No I don't want to fall in love

With you

Bulma frowned and ceased her rocking as she thought about the events of last night over again for the hundredth time.

What a wicked game you play to make me feel this way

By the time she had sat back down, Vegeta had gotten back that mysterious romance he had had during the walk and dinner. He was watching her closely, smiling even. Not his usual smart ass smirk, but a real smile.

What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you

He had reached across the table and placed his hand over hers, causing sparks to fly through her. He made her feel so alive, and yet at peace at the same time. Her heart raced whenever she was with him.

What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way

It was not more than 5 minutes later, that Vegeta became distant. Bulma didn't think anything of it. He was usually like that. Only, he would usually just scowl. But the darkness never crossed his face. His eyes scanned the room constantly, as if waiting for something....

What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you

And I don't want to fall in love

No I don't want to fall in love

With you

Vegeta excused himself to the bathroom, and Bulma waited. And waited. And waited. She lost count of the times she had checked her watch. I'm just being impatient, she had told herself. Taking another sip of wine, she made up a good excuse to go look for him. Heading towards the restrooms, she stopped in front of the men's room, but didn't hear any sound coming from inside. Not even the chatter of the attendant. Confused, she turned to the woman's bathroom. And that's when she heard it.

If the world was on fire no one could save me but you

Bulma tried the door, but found it locked. It was strange since this bathroom wasn't a uni-stall. Patiently, she waited for the door to open. She closed her eyes, hoping against hope that the odd noises coming from inside weren't from her Vegeta. Her love. Her hope. The door opened, and she faced him. His face was flushed, his hair mussed, and there were small nibble marks on his neck. He opened his mouth to speak as the tiny waitress sneaked out past him and disappeared into the kitchen. Bulma didn't need explanations. She didn't say a word and stalked out of the restaurant.

She was home now, staring at her face in the mirror. Her cheeks were stained with tears and runny mascara. Her nails had been chewed down to nothing. She hadn't even bothered getting out of her clothes from the date the night before.

Strange what desire will make foolish people do

The bathroom was cold. Her flesh was cold. The knife was cold.

I never dreamed that I'd love somebody like you

Bulma smiled slightly at the thought that this didn't hurt as much as she thought it would.

I never dreamed that I'd lose somebody like you

She lay down in the bath tub, the shower spraying down on her, and she closed her eyes, a smile still played on her lips. It was a strangely wonderful sensation. Almost as wonderful as feeling him touch her.

No I don't want to fall in love

No I don't want to fall in love

With you

Soon, she didn't even notice the blood as it stained her pearl white dress, the shower spray matting it to her body. Couldn't taste the death in the air. Her own death.

Nobody Loves No One

Her suicide.

**A/N: I'm so sorry! I really wanted to write a songfic based on this song, but the only scenario that I could think of was well.. this.. please don't hate me and let me know what you think! *cowers in the corner*