Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Wish For The Past ❯ Kame House ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: Lunch is Launch, for those of you who don't know. Don't know her age, but she'll still be a grown woman in this fic.

Disclaimer: It's official! All the characters in DBZ have voted that I should be the new owner of DBZ! Woo hoo! *cheers and gives everyone hugs and kisses, much to the delight and embarrassment of Bardock, Trunks, and Gohan*

Random lawyer: You can't do that! The characters don't have the right to say who owns them!

Brenda: What?! They don't?! Noooo!!! I was so close to owning DBZ!

Wish For The Past
(Kame House)

Radditz sat up, groaning as he rubbed a sore spot on his head. "Uuuhhh... what happened?" Cautiously opening his eyes, he looked around to see that Vegeta was also in bed, scowling at Trunks who stood next to him. Bardock was sitting on the floor hugging Goten in his lap, and Goten was standing a few feet away from the pair, looking anxious about something. What? Radditz blinked at looked back at his father and the boy in his arms, then at the boy standing in the door. Two Gotens?

A palpable blanket of tension seemed to vanish as everyone shifted their attention to him. "Uncle Radditz, guess what?" the irrepressible chibi who was not in Bardock's arms chimed happily, the emotional scene of moments before already pushed to the back of his mind. Goten jumped onto Radditz's bed and grinned proudly. "I found my dad!" He pointed at his twin, who waved at Radditz cheerily.

"Hi, I'm Son Goku!" Goku introduced himself, slipping out of his father's arms so he could face the others in the room.

"Your dad, huh, kid?" Radditz murmured in amusement before he turned his head towards Goku. "I'm Radditz. So you're my little brother then?" Goten nodded enthusiastically and Goku grinned.

"I have a brother? That's so cool! I always wanted a brother, and I guess Krillen and Yamcha were kinda like brothers, but not really, if you know what I mean." Goku looked at Trunks and Vegeta, who had yet to be introduced to him. "Are you two my brothers, too? You have tails like me and Goten and my dad and my brother so-"

"Absolutely not!" Vegeta growled indignantly. "It is an insult to even suggest that I, the Prince of all Saiyans, am related to a lowly third-class baka like you!"

"Don't mind Vegeta," Trunks said, grinning as he stepped forward to introduce himself. "I'm Trunks. It's nice to meet you, Goku."

The newest addition to their group opened his mouth to say something, but stopped when his stomach grumbled loudly. "Oh man, I'm starving! Can we find something to eat?" he pleaded.

Finally gaining control of his emotions, Bardock rubbed his eyes and stood up. He opened the capsule case that he had liberated from Trunks at the beginning of the trip and frowned as he looked them over. "Umm... I don't think we have anymore food."

"Oh, that's okay," Goku chirped happily. "We can go to Master Roshi's island! Lunch is a great cook and she always has lots of food. And then you can meet my friends Krillen and Turtle and Lunch and Master Roshi! Master Roshi has been teaching me and Krillen how to fight."

"Please, grandpa, can we go?" Goten begged, eager both for the food and for a chance to see his dad's friend Krillen when he was a child. He gave his grandfather the best Son Puppy Eyes (TM) that he could manage, a look that melted the heart of even the coldest of warriors. Heck, it had even been known to work on Vegeta from time to time!

Trunks grinned and decided to add his vote in, too. He could guess some of the reactions that the young versions of Goku's and his mother's friends would have to meeting Goku's family, and he did not want to miss out on that. "Please, Bardock-san?"

Radditz and Vegeta didn't really care one way or the other, and both felt it beneath their dignity to plead with Bardock, so they remained silent. They would just go along with whatever choice was made.

Giving Trunks a sidelong look, Bardock thought the matter over. He thought he detected a gleam in the lavender haired boy's eyes that, to him, could only mean trouble, but he wasn't certain. It was very tempting to take Goku up on his offer, to see the man who had been training his son and the kind of friends he'd made on this world. The deciding factor in the matter was the look in his grandson's eyes. It was too hard to resist giving in to anything that Goten wanted that badly. He smiled faintly as he looked from one eager face to the next and shook his head ruefully. "All right, we'll go to this Master Roshi's island." Cheers broke out from the three youngest chibis as they all jumped in the air in excitement and celebration. "But," Bardock cut them off, giving Goku a serious look, "do you really think he has enough food to feed six people who can eat as much as you can?" From the stories Goten and Trunks had told him of Chikyuu-jin appetites, enough food to feed six hungry Saiya-jin would be enough to feed an army.

"Ummm," Goku thought this over. "No! But he lives in the middle of the ocean and there's lots of food there!" Thoughts of eating squid, clam, fish, oysters, crabs, and other creatures of the ocean set Goku's stomach growling again. "How are you guys gonna get there, though? Can this thing fly?" He had temporarily forgotten seeing two of them flying just a few minutes ago.

"Yeah, but we don't need to use the ship to fly," Goten giggled. "We can all fly like you saw me doing earlier."

"Really? Wow! Would you teach me how to fly? It looks like so much fun!" The seven year old boy eagerly followed his newfound father as the older warrior led the group outside the ship. Trunks pressed the button on the side of the ship that popped it back into its capsule, which he pocketed.

"It'll probably take a while to teach you," Bardock said uncertainly, comparing the boy's relatively weak power to his own. Impressive, considering how low it had been when he was born, but still nothing compared to even Radditz. Still, it was probably strong enough that he could learn the basics of ki control necessary to flying. "Can you use ki yet?"

"Uh huh! Master Roshi taught me this really neat trick called the Kamehameha!" Goku hopped onto Kinto'un, which had waited outside for him to come back out. Bardock eyed the thing with extreme interest, having never seen anything like it before. Noticing his stare, Goku explained, "This is my friend, Kinto'un. It lets me ride on it and takes me wherever I want to go."

Nodding his comprehension, Bardock levitated into the air, the others following suit. "Well, if you already know how to use ki, it shouldn't be that hard to teach you how to fly," he stated confidently as Goku directed the cloud to Master Roshi's island. "It's really only a matter of using your ki to push yourself off the ground and in the direction you want to go in." He lifted a hand to his head, scratching it in thought as he thought through how he would go about teaching his son how to fly. Touching his hair reminded him of something else, though. "Ka - er... Goku?"

"Hai, tousan?" Goku queried, looking over his should at the man flying next to him.

"Do you know if this friend of yours has any black or brown hair dye?"

~*~

Inside Kame house, Krillen and Master Roshi avidly watched the television as a rather busty aerobics instructor bent over in a toe-touch. "That's it, ladies, keep it up!" the Turtle Hermit crowed, panting heavily. "A one, a two, a one, a two!" Of course, the old pervert wasn't doing any of the exercises himself, but you wouldn't be able to tell from the way he was breathing.

In the kitchen, Lunch was busy preparing lunch, humming cheerfully to herself as she put the rice in a pot of boiling water. She happened to look out the window in time to see six people outside heading for the front door. "Are we expecting company?" she asked out loud, catching the attention of the old man and his bald student.

"Eh? What's that? Company, you say?" Roshi muttered. A knock on the door, followed by the familiar shout of 'Master Rooooshiii' confirmed this and the old martial artist made his way to the door. "Sounds like Goku. What's he doing back here so soon?" he grumbled. It was bad enough that Krillen was around, he had no desire for the naive monkey-tailed pupil of his to be back so soon and make it even harder to get some peace and quiet around here. "Coming!" he shouted.

Grabbing the handle of the door, he swung it open, ready to verbally express his annoyance with his youngest student. "Goku, I thought you went off to find that four star ball of yours. What are you-" he cut himself off as he took in the group of people who stood in front of his house. "Gah!!" he yelled, falling backwards in surprise as he spotted not one, but two Gokus, one in the familiar orange gi of the Turtle Hermit school, the other in a plain blue training gi. After a moment, he collected himself enough to take in the four other people behind Goku and his twin. Another surprise awaited him in the form of a man dressed in a pink shirt and tattered black pants who could pass himself off as a grown up version of Goku, except he had pink streaks in his black hair and a scar on his cheek.

Then he noticed the tails and his eyes bugged out, knowing the full implications that having a tail meant. He had witnessed himself what happened when Goku had regained his tail and had looked at the moon. Granted, the moon was gone right now, but it was still a shock to see six people all sporting tails just like Goku's, never mind the fact that the two oldest members of the party had pink streaked brown tails instead of solid brown.

"Master Roshi, what's wrong?" Krillen's concerned voice asked as he came to the door, drawn by the alarmed yell the old man had given. When he saw what his sensei had seen, he, too, yelled in surprise, his eyes bugging out. "Gaah! Guh-Goku?! There's two of you?!"

Blithely ignoring the shock that he and his new friends were creating, Goku grinned broadly. "Nah, this is my son, Goten! And that's my dad, and that's my brother, Radditz. That's Trunks, and that's Vegeta over there," he stated, pointing to each one in turn. "Guys, this is Master Roshi, my sensei, and that's my friend Krillen. Krillen and I trained together under Master Roshi."

"Whoa, hold on a sec!" the old man demanded, his eyes narrowing behind his black sun glasses. "Your son?!"

Chuckling weakly, Bardock scratched his head in embarrassment. "It's a long story, sir. Maybe we could come inside and sit down while I try to explain."

Giving Bardock a piercing gaze, sizing him up and trying to read his character, the Invincible Old Master gave a sharp nod. "Very well. We can talk while we eat." He stepped to one side and gesture them to come in. Goku, Goten, and Trunks dashed inside, followed by a less rambunctious Vegeta and Radditz, who were still a little out of sorts from their injuries. Bardock hesitated, catching Master Roshi's attention. "Eh? What's wrong?"

"Well, I was wondering if you needed me to go hunting or something," Bardock said respectfully. The man deserved respect, in his eyes, since he was not only old but was the teacher of his son. "After all, each of us can eat as much as my son, if not more."

"WHAT?!" Roshi yelped, imagining trying to feed six people with the appetite of his youngest student. He brought out a handkerchief to wipe the sweat from his brow and muttered something under his breath. "In that case, yes, you probably should go hunting or fishing. I don't think there's even enough room on this island to hold that much food!" Hearing the sounds of havoc being wrought inside his house, he glowered in the direction of the six boys. "In fact, why don't you take everyone out fishing. If they're gonna eat, they should help get the food." He added these last two sentences loudly enough that they could be heard throughout the house. A mixture of grumbling protests and cries of delight filled the air as the five chibis and one teen filed out of the house.

"Each of you is responsible for catching enough food to feed yourself," Bardock stated firmly. A sudden thought popped into his mind as he pondered on how they would carry that much food home. Digging into his pocket for the capsule case he had taken from Trunks, he gave each boy an empty capsule. "Use these to store whatever you catch. You do know how they work, right?" he asked uncertainly. He smiled as they all nodded. Good. Capsules weren't from so far in the future that they didn't exist in this time yet. "Right, then, off you go."

As the children raced into the sea, Bardock turned to the venerable old master next to him, determined to find out one last thing. "Master Roshi, do you have any black or brown hair dye? I asked Goku, but he didn't know."

Roshi lifted an eyebrow in surprise. "You mean your hair isn't naturally like that?"

"Kami, no!" Bardock laughed. "Radditz and I are the victims of a prank that Goten, Trunks, and Vegeta played. Unfortunately, the dye is permanent, and we didn't have any other colors."

"Ah, I see," Roshi nodded sagely. "Well, I'm sorry to say this, but I don't have anything like that. Being bald, I don't exactly have any need for hair dye."

"Shimatta," Bardock sighed in defeat. "Well, I better get going if I want to keep up with those kids. Arigato, Roshi-san." He floated into the air, then took off, his eyes glued to the surface of the water, ki senses alert for anything living within the blue depths. He never noticed Master Roshi's jaw drop in disbelief, his sun glasses nearly falling off his hooked nose.

"He can fly?!" He quickly sent his senses out in the direction of the man's retreating form, only to find himself reeling under the sheer immensity of the power he felt. "Gah! How can someone be so powerful? It's mind boggling!" On a sudden hunch, he felt for the kis of the four boys who had accompanied him. His jaw hit the ground as he realized they were all more powerful than him, though none were as powerful as Bardock. Two of the kis felt suppressed, though, so he didn't know for certain. "This is Goku's family?!" he screeched, glad that no one was around to see him. I always knew the kid was a natural, but this is insane!

~*~

Please review.