Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ You've Got Mail ❯ How many times can someone say sorry? ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I don't own DB, DBZ or DBZGT or any of its characters. This plot is MINE it's only lightly based on the movie You've Got Mail. Okay?

AN: Alrighty people, I've re-written this first chapter and there are a few reasons for this. I did this first chapter 8 months ago and since then I've read over 200 fics and my writing style has improved and as I read over this I realised that...well that I didn't really like the way I'd written it and since this is one of my best I should be putting full effort. The other reason is because my computer monitor is now also stuffed and if you read chapter 11 which wasnt a chapter, it was an announcement, you'd know that I have no connection whatsoever to the internet on that one. I'd already started on chapter 11 and I didn't want to start it again without knowing what ideas i had for it! I can't write ygm because all my notes are on my dangnammed computer which had to go and screw itself. That's why i havent updated in ages!!! The other reason is my HUGE itch to write. Well it's 11:30 and im yakkin on and I dunno, maybe you'd actually want to read the story so here you go!

It's no longer inbetween the stars which represent thinking, ive moved to html format and soooooo i can do italics! hooray! So now its italics that represent thinking AND exaggeration of words in speech. The ages are...

Pan: 19

Trunks: 33

You've Got Mail

Pan sat down beside Trunks and hugged her legs. She rested her head on her knees and faced him. He was beautiful, no doubt. His lavender hair parted in the centre and his two antennae (the two stray hairs at the front of his face) framed his face and his deep blue eyes were hypnotizing. No wonder every girl fell at his feet. But not Pan. No not her, she decided from the very start she wouldn't fall for his spell. But, like every other girl she fell. What was worse was that she knew, she knew that she would fall so much harder than the others. It was because they were only friends. Trunks only wanted them to be friends and made sure Pan knew that.

Trunks shifted positions so that Pan could sit on his lap. Even though she was already 19 they still shared their friendship in a childish behaviour.

"So what's the big news you wanted to tell me?" Pan asked curiously.

"Well, before I tell you I just want to say that everybody knows and this has been going on for a while..." Trunks trailed off.

Pan's smile turned into a frown.

"What do you mean? You've been keeping it from me?" Pan asked placing one hand on her hip, with great difficulty as she was still sitting in Trunks' lap.

"Gomen nasai Pan-chan. It's just...well I don't know." Trunks looked sincerely sorry.

"How could I be angry at you!" Squealed Pan as she threw her arms around Trunks' neck pulling him down onto the ground.

They weren't in a very dignified position. Trunks squirmed nervously as he took a deep breath.

"Okay...here goes...I'm getting married."

"NANI?!" Pan screamed as she wiggled from under Trunks to stand up.

"And you didn't tell me because...?" Pan asked, attempting to control her temper.

"You said you wouldn't be angry..." Trunks cowered.

Pan took a deep breath and stared him down. Trunks bit his lip searching his mind for another explanation. Any explanation. Anything other than the real reason for keeping it from her. Unfortunately, he couldn't find one.

"I don't know...I thought that maybe...you might...err...scare away the girl..." Trunks' lip bled mercilessly.

"Scare her away!? How could you think something like that of me?!" Pan said quietly, as tears began to flood her eyes.

"Well you've scared almost every other girl away and-"

"AND YOU SHOULD THANK ME BECAUSE THEY WERE AFTER YOUR MONEY!" Pan screamed, cutting Trunks off.

"Look Pan, I don't feel that way about you and I don't want to lose our friendship." Trunks said, obviously annoyed at her behaviour.

"I think we have..." Pan whispered to herself as another tear made its way down her cheek.

"Look I'm sorry! What more do you want? I will never feel that way about you! I love this girl and the way I feel about her is totally different to what I feel for you! Which is nothing! Nothing!" Trunks shouted exasperated, almost angry.

Pan couldn't stop herself, she slapped Trunks hard on the cheek. Then she ran. Away. Far away. Trunks stood there dumbstruck. It wasn't because of her painful strike, it was more the shock of realising how far he had pushed her. The strike on his cheek was sure to leave a scar on his heart. What was even worse was that, at that very moment he had digested what he had said about her and how...he felt.

Pan's first thought, of course, was to run. Which was exactly what she was going to do. There was a letter sitting on her desk at home about being accepted into a college in California. She wasn't going to go, for Trunks' sake. But now she was ready to pack up and leave. She ran all the way home her face tear streaked, but unfortunately, she ran into uncle Goten.

"Pan are you okay?" Goten asked who noticed Pan was on the verge of breaking down.

"Do I look like it?!" Pan shouted back.

"Gomen! What's the matter?" Goten asked full of concern for his poor neice.

"Who's the girl?" Pan asked just above a whisper.

"What girl?" Goten asked.

"The...girl...the girl that isn't me. The one that...he's marrying." She managed to choke out as she broke down.

"Oh. He told you." Goten said sympathetically.

"WHO IS IT?" Pan demanded her ki rising rapidly.

"Are you sure you reall-"

"Goten..." Pan dared him to reason any further with her warning tone.

"It's...it's Marron."

An eery silence filled the air. It was scary Pan just stood there numb with shock. It took a while for Pan's brain to process what Goten had just said. That's when it happened. She did it. After all those years of training, this little thing made big pulled the trigger. But it wasn't little, it mattered the world to her.

She screamed so loudly that the trees and mountains shook around her. Soon there was a sizable crater under her feet and it was growing. A bright aura surrounded her figure. Her eyes flashed green once. Twice. Third time. This time it stayed green and her hair was spiky and long, it didn't stand on end like the men's instead it was long and spikey. Her now emerald green eyes flashed with anger. She stood there still screaming. Blood was dripping from her clenched fists and her power level going beserk. It was now higher than Vegeta's! As soon as she got to the point where she was the strongest out of everyone, she passed out.

Goten stood still. He couldn't quite comprehend that his niece was finally a Super Saiyajin. His niece had just become Super Saiyajin. He looked down at her unconscious form. She had become strongest of the whole Z team! Goten carried her the rest of the way home, where, unfortunately, Bulma and Chi Chi and Videl were all chatting away. They noticed Pan was unconscious and soon they were all hovering around Goten. Asking him millions of questions which he didn't really want to answer.

"What happened?!" Videl asked worriedly.

"She was angry and turned SSJ and then passed out." Goten explained, purposely not mentioning why she was angry.

"Why was she angry?" Chi Chi asked curiously.

"Well I only know half the story..." Goten trailed off, he preffered not tell them what little part of the story he knew.

"Yes...?" Chi Chi motioned for him to continue.

Goten let out a long sigh as he gently laid Pan down.

"Well Trunks told her about how he was getting married. Then I bumped into her and she was in tears. I don't know what happened between her and Trunks but whatever it was it was pretty serious, and I'm sure she wasn't in tears because he was getting married, she wouldn't cry over that. So he must have said something to worsen the impact. So anyway I bumped into her and she was in tears. She asked me who the girl was and I was clueless about what she was talking about. Then of course I figured it out and told her he was marrying Marron. That's about the time she screamed and turned SSJ. Then she passed out." Goten explained.

It was scary how they were all staring at him so seriously, like he was a very serious disease that needed to be treated.

"Quick get her to her bed! She needs rest!" Squealed Chi Chi.

"I understand now." Bulma murmered quietly while the others began fussing over Pan.

Goten couldn't make out what everyone else had said because they all spoke at the same time. It was noisy. He couldn't believe how noisy only the three of them could be! Soon Pan was out of his arms and being carried into her room by all the mothers. Goten was left alone to think.

What did she mean by that she understood?

***

Did I just say that she meant nothing to me? What the hell have I done! I've just ruined our friendship and knowing Pan she's going to avoid me for the rest of my life...

"KUSO!" Trunks screamed as he punched a hole through the tree he was sitting next to.

People passing by looked at him oddly. He snarled at them, challenging them to speak up about his odd behaviour, when suddenly he felt a huge power level errupt and then die down just as quickly. The ki felt familiar, but he couldn't put his finger on it. Shrugging it off he went back to his train of thought.

What have I done??? Oh great I just lost my best friend...and the girl that I'm in love with...WAITASEC!! DID I JUST SAY LOVE?! OH KUSO!

***

Pan wiggled her toes as she became alert to the world once again. She could hear the voices of her mother, grandmother and Bulma chatting worriedly about Trunks and herself and decided to evesdrop a bit.

"I understand now." Bulma murmered quietly while the other two talked with a note of concern in their voices.

"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!" Chi Chi screamed, the whole event with Pan had put her on edge.

"Uh...what Chi Chi is trying to say is that she wants you to explain what you mean by you understand." Videl said nervously as she patted Chi Chi's leg.

"Well a few weeks ago before Trunks proposed to Marron, he asked me if age difference is a matter. Being the stupid mother I am, I replied, 'Well if it's more than five or six years then maybe it's not such a good idea' but now I realise what the true question was. What he really meant by that question was, 'Is it okay if I went out with Pan' and only now I realise how much he loves her. I don't think he realises how much he loves her either. He is too afraid of Gohan and of what other people think to realise what has been going on between them since they, well Pan was a kid. In order to drive away his thoughts about Pan he goes out with Marron and manages to convince himself that he's in love with her and that there's nothing going on between him and Pa-" Bulma's sentence was cut short by her own gasp.

"Oh what do you understand now?" Asked Chi Chi irratably.

"Trunks has made a big mistake! Oh Dende!" Bulma looked so concerned that even Chi Chi couldn't match her!

"Yes he's made a big mistake and that's why I'm going to California." Pan interrupted, sitting up.

"NANI?!" Videl and Chi Chi squealed.

"I received a letter this morning saying that I have been accepted into the college in California." Pan explained.

"But you can't go!" Bulma exclaimed.

"Why shouldn't I?" Pan snorted.

"Because he loves you!"

"This morning, his exact words were, 'There is nothing between us! Nothing!'"

"He said that?"

"Hai Bulma-san, as much as I hate to admit it, I've fallen for a jerk and I think I'm done with him. After what he said I don't think I could ever forgive him."

"But..." Bulma trailed off.

"I'm leaving on Saturday." Pan stated clearly and stubbornly.

No one was stopping this quarter Saiyajin.

"That's in three days!" Videl and Chi Chi chimed in.

"I want to leave as soon as possible. Please don't tell Trunks about my leaving, think of it as my turn to keep something from him." Pan said bitterly then slumped back onto the bed.

***

"Goten help me!" Trunks exclaimed.

"No." Goten replied icily.

"What's your problem?" Trunks asked frustratedly.

"You."

"Why?" Trunks asked confused.

"Because..."

"Because...?"

"Because you...Pan...oh you know!" Goten attempted to explain.

"Oh." Trunks said nervously.

"What exactly did you say?" Goten asked dangerously.

"Don't worry, I didn't mean it." Trunks cracked a smile, attempting to blow it off.

"Don't worry? This is my niece Trunks!." Goten exclaimed.

"Look...just...I didn't mean it! I swear! How else can I put it? I'm really sorry!"

"Don't tell me, tell Pan that."

"I will, but...that's what I need to talk to you about."

Goten gestured for Trunks to go on, even though he was pretty confident in knowing what Trunks was going to say. Trunks sucked a deep breath in.

"I'm in love with Pan." He looked like a 300 pound weight had been lifted off his shoulders.

"Hmm." Goten wasn't surprised.

"You knew?!" Trunks exclaimed.

"It's pretty obvious the way you guys act around each other. Pan's always known her feelings but never yours." Goten explained.

"Well whatever feelings she's had for me I'm sure I just annhilated them this morning." Trunks said jokingly.

"I wouldn't joke about Pan's feelings if I were you." Goten said warningly.

"Gomen." Trunks apologised, realising how much he didn't care for other peoples' feelings.

"You say that far too often."

AN: Stay tuned for another chapter if you're lucky! But you'll probably get chap 2 rewritten soon! Bye!

Meiyume