Dragon Knights Fan Fiction ❯ Ubiquity ❯ A Shift in Power Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

U B I Q U I T Y
written by “2Sexy4TheDragons” or “Nevi & Korii”
and Fedelta was my favorite paper doll.
 
Disclaimer; We don't own Dragon Knights. We do own our ridiculously large cast of original characters, of which we will probably be murdered for later.
Author's Note; We're actually not sure if we'll upload this entire story to mediaminer.org. It's (obviously) not finished yet, but as far as it's looking, it'll be a long one. However, one place we will positively be uploading this to is our homepage, zomg! It's All Kharl's Fault so if you're interested, feel free to stroll over there (the link was kindly placed on our profile page for you).
 
A Shift in Power
Chapter One
 
"Michi." The name was said in a familiar tone, yet one that the fair-skinned girl could never fully recognize. Turning her head slightly, her dark green eyes locked with those of a blood-drenched fairy, a woman who constantly appeared in her dreams. However, despite her numerous appearances, the fairy's identity remained ambiguous, a mystery to Michi. 
 
The fairy, as was typical in Michi's dream, was sitting behind a table, a deck of cards in the right corner. Her hand rested on the deck, fingers cautiously stroking the top card. Michi knew what came next; the fairy drew the top car, laying it so Michi could easily see it, the tarot card Death resting in it's rightful position. 
 
"Death." It was the first time Michi had spoken in this dreamland, her own voice startling her slightly. 
 
The fairy glanced to her, a trickle of blood running from her temple. "You look nervous.
 
Don't be -- these cards can't be read in a literal sense."
 
Michi only nodded, finding her voice had escaped her once more.
 
A loud crash grabbed the fairy's attention and Michi herself glanced in its direction, a shadowy figure approaching. Struggling to see all of this new arrival, Michi toppled forward...
 
"Again," Michi pouted, sitting up in her bed. It was becoming more and more frustrating catching the bare glimpse of a man who, much like the fairy, seemed freakishly familiar. 

Giving up on that thought, Michi's fingers quickly moved to the tarot card she wore around her neck, the Five of Wands. Like the cards in her dream, the meaning of this card was a mystery to Michi. After all, such things were only able to be translated by fortune tellers, most who live too far for the flower shoppe owner to visit. 
After reassuring herself it was still in place, Michi climbed from her bed, carefully peering about her room. Everything seemed to be in the correct position, a positive men in Michi's eyes.
Quickly changing into her favorite outfit (a knee-length purple dress, waist bound with a pastel green belt, and complete with her shin-high black boots), Michi made her way through her home to the front which had been transformed into her own store, one of which she was happy to say sold an array of flowers. 
It seemed no time at all before someone stepped through the front door, bell jingling to alert Michi of a customer. Looking up from her place behind her desk, Michi flashed a smile in the man's direction.
As she studied him she seemed to conclude that he wasn't from around here; he had bright yellow-orange hair and piercing orange eyes, not exactly common features.
"Hello! May I help you?"
The man stared at her for a moment, silent, before shaking his head no. Without a word, he turned and left, leaving Michi behind with a dazed look on her face.
"You'll have no problem," the yellow-orange haired demon informed another, an almost blank expression on his face. He began to walk away, interrupted as a hand grasped to his arm.
"Bierrez." The cold voice of a high-ranking demon caused the other to look back. "Where are you going?"
"My part is done," came Bierrez's response, casually pulling his arm from the other's grip. "I have somewhere to be."
The other demon scowled but allowed Bierrez to depart. He turned his attention back to the flower shoppe not too far in the distance.
"Whadda jerk, huh, Aen?"
The higher demon just rolled his eyes. "It doesn't matter. Like he said, he did his part."
 
Once again the door jingled open and Michi glanced up, this time greeted with the sight of Aen, a lightly tanned man with shaggy orange hair. Catching sight of his ears, Michi quickly inferred he wasn't of the human race.
Slightly wide-eyed, she greeted him, "Hello and welcome--" 
She was cut off as Aen drew a dagger, almost instantly pressing it against her throat. "Save me the pleasantries," he snapped, grabbing a hold of her wrist. "I suggest you come with us."
For the first time, Michi noticed two others: a blue-haired man who carried pointy ears like Aen and a golden-haired woman who's ears were covered (thought Michi could easily guess she wasn't human either). Michi bit her lip, nervous and unsure of what she should do. It was obvious these intruders weren't with the Dragon tribe and the majority of the fairies were dead. It left only one logical conclusion -- the three standing before her were demons.
Rath's eyes fell on the interior of the flower shoppe. From the looks of things something disastrous had happened; it more or less looked like a tornado had hit. 
"We're too late," Cesia murmured, walking up behind him. 
"No, really? I didn't notice," came the demon's bitter response. 
"I didn't ask for any of your smart-ass remarks," Cesia snapped, glaring in Rath's direction. "Well, we can't leave her in the hands of the demons. Do you think we'd be able to catch up with them before they get to the castle?"
Rath shrugged, replying, "They can't be too far. No one has noticed her absence and this place still appears open from the outside."
End Chapter One
Parting Note: Quick apology if any of the spacing is off! This was adapted from the website version and thus, I didn't thoroughly check it. Nyah.