El Hazard Fan Fiction ❯ MrWhat's "El-Hazard" drabbles ❯ Big Help Afura, Part One ( Chapter 17 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
TITLE: Big Help Afura, Part One
BLURB: Aw, buck up, little camper.
BASED ON: El-Hazard OVA
TYPE: Humor/parody; 200 words ("double drabble")
AUTHOR: Eric Adcock <adcockea@echoalpha.com>
DATE: August 2002
ARCHIVE: http://echoalpha.com/fanfic/

In honor of the DVD release of the movie "Better Off Dead."

This takes place before the end of the first OVA series, but after the second OVA series and "The Alternative World."

El-Hazard (c) AIC / Pioneer LDC / Geneon.
Better Off Dead (c) A&M Films / CBS Inc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Afura was flying to Floristica.

As she neared the palace, she saw Makoto, standing on a ledge outside a high turret window, looking completely overwhelmed. Apparently, his despair over losing Ifurita had led him there, although he was clearly having second thoughts about jumping.

Afura landed on the ledge beside him. "Makoto?"

Makoto didn't turn to look at her. "What?"

She looked at him sternly. "What are you doing?"

He still didn’t move. "Nothin'..."

Afura sighed. "Yes you are."

Then she gave him a friendly smile. "Aw, buck up, little camper. We'll beat the Eye of God-- together."

Makoto finally turned to her. "Yeah?"

"Yeah." Afura grinned. "I'm right behind you, buddy!"

As Afura flew away, she gave Makoto a friendly slap on the back-- and knocked him off the ledge. "YAH-HOO-HOO-HOOOOOOOOO!"

Fortunately for Makoto, it was trash day, and he fell into a hovercraft that was bearing a load of trash out of the palace.

Londs and Dr. Schtalubaugh happened to be standing at a lower window. They watched Makoto as he was taken out with the trash.

Londs turned to Schtalubaugh. "Man! That's a real shame when folks be throwing away a perfectly good Earth boy like that."

-----------------------------------------------------------------