El Hazard Fan Fiction ❯ MrWhat's "El-Hazard" drabbles ❯ Coffee Achiever ( Chapter 20 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
TITLE: Coffee Achiever
BLURB: It's the best part of waking up.
BASED ON: El-Hazard OVA
TYPE: Humor; 200 words ("double drabble")
AUTHOR: Eric Adcock <adcockea@echoalpha.com>
DATE: August 2002
ARCHIVE: http://echoalpha.com/fanfic/

This takes place some time after the end of the first OVA series.

El-Hazard (c) AIC / Pioneer LDC / Geneon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Makoto came into the Shinonome Diner, looking like something the demon god drug in. This was at least partly because Ifurita had drug him in.

Nanami grinned at them as they sat at the counter. "Another late night in the royal library, huh?"

Makoto yawned. "Yeah... lost track of time..."

Nanami set two cups of coffee out for them. "You shouldn't keep doing this to yourself. You've got Ifurita back now, and..."

Ifurita sipped her coffee, then frowned. "Nanami? This coffee is very weak."

"Makoto?" asked Nanami. "How's yours?"

Makoto didn't answer. He had also taken a sip, and frozen, with a pained expression on his face.

Nanami grimaced. "Oh, Makoto! I'm sorry! I must have given you Ifurita's industrial-strength demon god coffee by mistake!"

"Are you alright?" Ifurita asked.

Makoto stiffly shook his head.

"Would you like to lie down for awhile?" Nanami asked.

Makoto stiffly nodded.

Nanami came out from behind the counter. "Okay, hon. Let's go to the back room for a lie down. Ifurita, why don't you finish your coffee? On the house. Sorry."

Ifurita watched Nanami guide Makoto away, with concern.

Then she sipped from the other cup, and frowned again. "Better, but still weak..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------