El Hazard Fan Fiction ❯ MrWhat's "El-Hazard" drabbles ❯ Dressing Up ( Chapter 25 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
TITLE: Dressing Up
BLURB: Old habits die hard.
BASED ON: El-Hazard OVA
TYPE: Humor; 200 words ("double drabble")
AUTHOR: Eric Adcock <adcockea@echoalpha.com>
DATE: November 2002
ARCHIVE: http://echoalpha.com/fanfic/

This takes place some time after the end of the first OVA series.

El-Hazard (c) AIC / Pioneer LDC / Geneon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Makoto walked through his rooms, wondering if Ifurita was back from her now regular patrols of the skies over Roshtaria.

He heard the sound of a shower from the bathroom. She must be washing off the dust after her flight, he thought.

He saw her long black cloak, draped over a chair, next to a wall mirror. He touched its sleeve, and then took it up from the chair.

On a very silly impulse, he put it on, and looked at himself in the mirror.

A little small for me, he thought, grinning. And black really isn't my color...

Of course, just then, Nanami came to the door. "Makoto? What on Earth are you doing!?"

Makoto raised one hand, in protest. "No! It's not what you--"

And then, Ifurita came out from the bathroom, wearing a fuzzy robe, with her long thick hair wrapped in a towel.

She put a hand to her mouth, then smiled. "Oh my."

Nanami turned to Ifurita and winked at her. "Old habits die hard, eh?"

Makoto protested again. "But it's not what you--"

But then, he collapsed into the chair and sighed. "Aw, nuts. I give up. It's *exactly* what you think."

-----------------------------------------------------------------