El Hazard Fan Fiction ❯ MrWhat's "El-Hazard" drabbles ❯ Kauru Toweless ( Chapter 48 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
TITLE: Kauru Toweless
BLURB: You've got to know where your towel is.
BASED ON: El-Hazard OVA
TYPE: Humor; 200 words ("double drabble")
AUTHOR: Eric Adcock <adcockea@echoalpha.com>
DATE: March 2003
ARCHIVE: http://echoalpha.com/fanfic/

Maybe El-Hazard has dialects, like Japan, and Kauru/Qawool's name is spelled differently by dialect. Or maybe someone fouled up the romanization, and I'm taking all of this way too seriously.

Kauru was very casual about nudity in "The Alternative World"-- but lots of other parts of "The Alternative World" didn't make much sense, either.

El-Hazard (c) AIC / Pioneer LDC / Geneon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Makoto was strolling through the royal palace of Floristica, lost in his thoughts.

He looked up, and around, as he heard the sound of bare feet slapping against the stone floor, coming towards him.

A blur of blue hair and pale skin streaked past him-- literally. "Mr. Makoto! Please don't look!" it said, in a frantic voice. It quickly disappeared around a corner.

Then the Princess Rune Venus walked up to Makoto, from around the same corner. She looked back over her shoulder. "Who was that, Makoto?"

Makoto gulped. "I think it was Kauru Toweless."

Rune smiled. "Makoto, you're mixing the dialects of El-Hazard. It's 'Qawool Towles', in the common tongue, and 'Kauru Taurus', in her native dialect."

Makoto frowned. "No-- I mean, it was Kauru 'towel-less'. As in Kauru, without a towel."

Rune also frowned. "Oh. Oh dear. She must have been using the palace baths. But, why was she--"

And then, Fatora and Alielle walked up. Fatora was carrying a large towel, with Kauru's distinctive family crest embroidered on one of its corners.

Alielle gulped, as Rune and Makoto glared at them both. But Fatora sighed, and glared back at Rune and Makoto, and spoke indignantly. "What!?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------