El Hazard Fan Fiction ❯ MrWhat's "El-Hazard" drabbles ❯ Pull Around ( Chapter 50 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
TITLE: Pull Around
BLURB: Would you like fries with that?
BASED ON: El-Hazard OVA
TYPE: Humor; 200 words ("double drabble")
AUTHOR: Eric Adcock <adcockea@echoalpha.com>
DATE: March 2003
ARCHIVE: http://echoalpha.com/fanfic/

The "large orange drink" routine is from an old "Doctor Demento" comedy skit, I think.

El-Hazard (c) AIC / Pioneer LDC / Geneon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Nanami had expanded into the fast food market. She had added a drive-through lane around the Shinonome Diner, and installed a large back-lit menu with a speaker next to the lane.

Kauru had pulled up to the menu, in her cruiser. She shouted at the speaker, her voice rising. "I *said*, a double cheeseburger! Onion rings! And a large orange drink!"

"Nam elcitrap setah nam elgnairt," the speaker said.

"A DOUBLE CHEESEBURGER!!" Kauru yelled.

"Hgih em tog eutats eht."

"ONION RINGS!!"

"Mrow rotcod em llac yeht."

"AND A LARGE-- ORANGE-- DRINK!!"

"Ereh ni duol os sti nam."

"AAUGH!!" said Kauru. She rammed her cruiser against the menu, out of sheer frustration.

Afura and Shayla were waiting in a second cruiser, behind Kauru. They watched Kauru lose it with bemused expressions.

Afura tut-tut'ed. "Road rage. And it's always the last person you'd expect..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Nanami looked over the smoking ruins of her drive-through menu.

She turned to Groucho. "I'm afraid that you're just not suited for drive-through service work."

"Deah teppup eht edisni dnah rouy tup," the Bugrom said.

Nanami sighed. "I wish this drabble was based on the TV series, so that at least *I* could understand you."

-----------------------------------------------------------------