El Hazard Fan Fiction ❯ MrWhat's "El-Hazard" drabbles ❯ The Thing ( Chapter 85 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
TITLE: The Thing
BLURB: Get outta here with that (whomp-de-whomp) and don't come back no more!
BASED ON: El-Hazard OVA
TYPE: Humor; 200 words ("double drabble")
AUTHOR: Eric Adcock <adcockea@echoalpha.com>
DATE: May 2004
ARCHIVE: http://echoalpha.com/fanfic/

This takes place some time after the end of the first OVA series.

El-Hazard (c) AIC / Pioneer LDC / Geneon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

A troubled Makoto came into the Shinonome Diner, followed by Ifurita. Fujisawa, Miz, and the three priestesses were also in the restaurant.

Makoto sat at a table, set a mysterious object on it, and stared at it warily.

The others crowded round his table. "What's that?" Nanami asked.

"*You* tell *me*," Makoto said. "Ifurita found it in the palace this morning. Its function is so obscure that it's defeated my ability. And Dr. Schtalubaugh couldn't find it in any of his books."

"Truly, I have seen nothing like it, in ten thousand years," Ifurita said.

"Well, it's not a kitchen utensil," Nanami said. "Sensei?"

"Sorry, kids," Fujisawa said. "It's not mountain climbing equipment."

The others examined the artifact, but they didn't know it either.

And then, Fatora and Alielle came into the restaurant. As they walked up to Makoto's table, Fatora's face lit up. "Oh!" Fatora said. "*There* it is!"

Everyone turned to her. "You mean, this thing is *yours*!?" Makoto asked.

"Yup." Fatora grabbed the object, and held it between herself and Alielle. "Me an' Alielle use this when we--"

Everyone clapped their hands to their ears and shouted in unison. "LA LA LA WE CAN'T HEAR YOU!!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------